The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited July 2022 Posts: 2,341
    Just watching the Man United away kit launch, Rashford has noticeably bulked up. I hope he gets his full confidence back he really should be giving defenders a nightmare with his pace and power.

Sane linked with Arsenal now, a bit of a City reunion. i see Pepe is surplus, I never understood that transfer at all.

Ten Hag's First Game In Charge! 🔥 | Man Utd 4-0 Liverpool | Highlights

The Reds Win Down Under 🇦🇺 | Man Utd 4-1 Melbourne Victory | Highlights

As you can see Maguire is still a liability.

Martial looking sharp and Ten Hag hopefully will be paying close attention to Baily's surging runs as they led to a goal in both games.

If Martial starts the season he is in my first 11 in FPL at that price.

Edited: Ten Hag is adamant Ronaldo is not for sale and hopes he will play beyond his current contract.
    United takes a 1 - 0 lead vs Palace, Martial again 3rd goal of preseason. United look a team transformed compared to last seasons debacle. Still early days though a lot of encouraging signs.

Great football Rashford gets second goal of the game and his second of preseason, assist from Donny realty happy for him he needs the confidence.

3 - 0 Sancho, United really are playing some great football.

United kids on on 65th minute, hoping Zidane impresses again.

3- 1 Palace score from a corner, soft goal.

Red card for Fish unfortunate for the kid, United down to 10 men. United defense since changes not been great, we have no recognized CB's on the pitch at all now lol

Rashford, Sancho and Martial are definitely on my watchlist for gameweek 1. All three players are much better than what they were able to show last season. Won't be surprised at all if United hits the ground running from the start – at least attacking wise.

I've seen a few tweets linking Leroy Sané with Arsenal, but as far as I can see, there are no reliable sources to back it up. It's no secret that Arsenal are looking to strengthen beyond the signings of Jesus and Zinchenko. Both Sané and Tielemans are names mentioned as possible candidates.

It's difficult to determine legitimate story's in the media, it changes on a hourly basis. I will be glad when the window is closed 😂 Hopefully United will additionally sign a CDM, RB and CF.

Three great goals by United, Ten Hag likes fast one touch football.

Haha, me too! Zinchenko looks like a done deal for Arsenal though; It's a good signing for the club, as he ticks a lot of boxes and would be starting regularly for most teams in the Prem, probably besides City, Chelsea and Liverpool.

United will surely cover CDM, RB and CF with new signings this summer? If they really want to compete for top four they will have to strengthen with at least a couple more signings – much like Arsenal have to as well.

My issue with the United players now, is who I should pick out of Martial, Rashford or Sancho – and who do I take out of my current draft to make room for one of them. Right now I likely have to choose one – maximum two out of Diaz, Foden, Mahrez, Mount, Saka, Sancho, Rashford or Martial – all of which could deliver in gameweek 1!

Regarding United assets at this stage despite a good preseason i will be looking at cheap assets, so Sancho for now is a no go for me. just watching a former FPL winner (2014) on FFScout looking at his draft and listening to his logic regarding his picks. With a few weeks to go its time I got serious about my team.

Will Zinchenko play in midfield?

At 7.5 Sancho might be 0.5-1.0m too expensive, as Rashford might be just as good an option for that midfield spot. As for Martial, picking him will require him as the second or third striker – a spot you might want to have for another striker instead, depending on your formation. Out of the three, Rashford is closest to be included in my team.

Haven't really made much effort with my drafts so far, personally. I have a vague idea how my gameweek 1 team might look like though; It's just about picking a formation and deciding which key players to go for. If the season had started this weekend I think my team would have been fairly nailed, but with the transfer window still open and many preseason matches yet to be played, the final gameweek 1 team might look considerably different by the deadline.

I think Zinchenko will be used both as an option to Tierney (who seems to pick up injuries way too often) and as a midfield option. He's not had many chances in midfield at City (if at all?), but he's played in midfield for Ukraine. His versatility will be very important for Arsenal, no doubt.

On leave now so will look at my team a bit more and try to settle on a team, i have changed my mind on one or two premium players.

I may bring Zinchenko in as I would expect him to be starting and he can be creative.

United play a strong villa side tomorrow so will give me a better idea of where we are at and which assets are worth getting. Ten Hag is impressing me, I think we have a potential world class manager, he reminds me a lot of Pep..

I have a few weeks off as well, so I will be tinkering with my team throughout the summer. Right now I'm trying to decide between Haaland and Kane.

Undecided on Zinchenko myself. Will wait and see where he's expected to feature before considering him.

From what I've seen of few clips on Twitter, ten Hag is certainly very vocal and demanding, which is what this United team needs right now. That game vs Villa will be interesting, because Villa assets are also on my mind from an FPL perspective.

Villa haven't played well so far so Manu should win. 7.45pm here.

Darwin Núñez ahead of Haaland for me after he scored 4 against leipzig.

Jesus starts for me ,anyone else going to pick him ?
    Just watching the Man United away kit launch, Rashford has noticeably bulked up. I hope he gets his full confidence back he really should be giving defenders a nightmare with his pace and power.

Sane linked with Arsenal now, a bit of a City reunion. i see Pepe is surplus, I never understood that transfer at all.

Ten Hag's First Game In Charge! 🔥 | Man Utd 4-0 Liverpool | Highlights

The Reds Win Down Under 🇦🇺 | Man Utd 4-1 Melbourne Victory | Highlights

As you can see Maguire is still a liability.

Martial looking sharp and Ten Hag hopefully will be paying close attention to Baily's surging runs as they led to a goal in both games.

If Martial starts the season he is in my first 11 in FPL at that price.

Edited: Ten Hag is adamant Ronaldo is not for sale and hopes he will play beyond his current contract.
    United takes a 1 - 0 lead vs Palace, Martial again 3rd goal of preseason. United look a team transformed compared to last seasons debacle. Still early days though a lot of encouraging signs.

Great football Rashford gets second goal of the game and his second of preseason, assist from Donny realty happy for him he needs the confidence.

3 - 0 Sancho, United really are playing some great football.

United kids on on 65th minute, hoping Zidane impresses again.

3- 1 Palace score from a corner, soft goal.

Red card for Fish unfortunate for the kid, United down to 10 men. United defense since changes not been great, we have no recognized CB's on the pitch at all now lol

Rashford, Sancho and Martial are definitely on my watchlist for gameweek 1. All three players are much better than what they were able to show last season. Won't be surprised at all if United hits the ground running from the start – at least attacking wise.

I've seen a few tweets linking Leroy Sané with Arsenal, but as far as I can see, there are no reliable sources to back it up. It's no secret that Arsenal are looking to strengthen beyond the signings of Jesus and Zinchenko. Both Sané and Tielemans are names mentioned as possible candidates.

It's difficult to determine legitimate story's in the media, it changes on a hourly basis. I will be glad when the window is closed 😂 Hopefully United will additionally sign a CDM, RB and CF.

Three great goals by United, Ten Hag likes fast one touch football.

Haha, me too! Zinchenko looks like a done deal for Arsenal though; It's a good signing for the club, as he ticks a lot of boxes and would be starting regularly for most teams in the Prem, probably besides City, Chelsea and Liverpool.

United will surely cover CDM, RB and CF with new signings this summer? If they really want to compete for top four they will have to strengthen with at least a couple more signings – much like Arsenal have to as well.

My issue with the United players now, is who I should pick out of Martial, Rashford or Sancho – and who do I take out of my current draft to make room for one of them. Right now I likely have to choose one – maximum two out of Diaz, Foden, Mahrez, Mount, Saka, Sancho, Rashford or Martial – all of which could deliver in gameweek 1!

Regarding United assets at this stage despite a good preseason i will be looking at cheap assets, so Sancho for now is a no go for me. just watching a former FPL winner (2014) on FFScout looking at his draft and listening to his logic regarding his picks. With a few weeks to go its time I got serious about my team.

Will Zinchenko play in midfield?

At 7.5 Sancho might be 0.5-1.0m too expensive, as Rashford might be just as good an option for that midfield spot. As for Martial, picking him will require him as the second or third striker – a spot you might want to have for another striker instead, depending on your formation. Out of the three, Rashford is closest to be included in my team.

Haven't really made much effort with my drafts so far, personally. I have a vague idea how my gameweek 1 team might look like though; It's just about picking a formation and deciding which key players to go for. If the season had started this weekend I think my team would have been fairly nailed, but with the transfer window still open and many preseason matches yet to be played, the final gameweek 1 team might look considerably different by the deadline.

I think Zinchenko will be used both as an option to Tierney (who seems to pick up injuries way too often) and as a midfield option. He's not had many chances in midfield at City (if at all?), but he's played in midfield for Ukraine. His versatility will be very important for Arsenal, no doubt.

On leave now so will look at my team a bit more and try to settle on a team, i have changed my mind on one or two premium players.

I may bring Zinchenko in as I would expect him to be starting and he can be creative.

United play a strong villa side tomorrow so will give me a better idea of where we are at and which assets are worth getting. Ten Hag is impressing me, I think we have a potential world class manager, he reminds me a lot of Pep..

I have a few weeks off as well, so I will be tinkering with my team throughout the summer. Right now I'm trying to decide between Haaland and Kane.

Undecided on Zinchenko myself. Will wait and see where he's expected to feature before considering him.

From what I've seen of few clips on Twitter, ten Hag is certainly very vocal and demanding, which is what this United team needs right now. That game vs Villa will be interesting, because Villa assets are also on my mind from an FPL perspective.

Villa haven't played well so far so Manu should win. 7.45pm here.

Darwin Núñez ahead of Haaland for me after he scored 4 against leipzig.

Jesus starts for me ,anyone else going to pick him ?

2-2 in the end, and Bailey get's a goal. Definitely on my watchlist for gameweek 1. As is Núñez, but I've seen too little of him to be sure of him as an option just yet.

Jesus is in my current draft for two reasons: he's been on form for Arsenal since signing, and he seems to link up well with his teammates on the pitch. He also comes at a price which makes it possible to bring in other players I want in my team. For that reason, he's likely to feature in my gameweek 1 team.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Decent first half from United, second half not really relevant. The weather and pitch were horrendous.
    Decent first half from United, second half not really relevant. The weather and pitch were horrendous.

Any standout performances from the United team, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns?
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Sancho is looking back to his best, along with Bruno definitely a favourite player. Looks like we are going for Antony from Ajax, he is very good indeed hope we get him.

Antony and Sancho together would terrify defences.
    edited July 2022 Posts: 23,105
    Arsenal 4 - 0 Chelsea, interesting though I know Chelsea need defenders. Anyone see the game?

Edited: just watching the highlights, Arsenal ran riot. Jesus and Odegard looking good.
    Arsenal 4 - 0 Chelsea, interesting though I know Chelsea need defenders. Anyone see the game?

Edited: just watching the highlights, Arsenal ran riot. Jesus and Odegard looking good.

Just watched the highlights like you. Jesus seems to score in every game atm.

Just watched the highlights like you. Jesus seems to score in every game atm.

He is in my FPL team currently its unlikely he will be transferred out, think he will score for fun at Arsenal, I never thought City always played him in his best position.

Sancho is looking back to his best, along with Bruno definitely a favourite player. Looks like we are going for Antony from Ajax, he is very good indeed hope we get him.

Indeed, Sancho and Antony would be a dangerous duo. How did Rashford play? Fro an FPL price perspective he's a good fit for many of my draft combinations.

Didn't catch the game between Arsenal and Chelsea, but looking at the highlights, the Arsenal team showed promising signs. Arsenal have had good preseasons and bad seasons before, so the result is nothing to be carried away by. At least it looks like Arsenal are on schedule for the start of the season, despite a few injuries keeping them from playing a full first team squad.

Indeed, Sancho and Antony would be a dangerous duo. How did Rashford play? Fro an FPL price perspective he's a good fit for many of my draft combinations.

Didn't catch the game between Arsenal and Chelsea, but looking at the highlights, the Arsenal team showed promising signs. Arsenal have had good preseasons and bad seasons before, so the result is nothing to be carried away by. At least it looks like Arsenal are on schedule for the start of the season, despite a few injuries keeping them from playing a full first team squad.

Rashford was quieter in the recent game, i will still have him in my lineup at his current price. United will only continue to improve under Ten Hag.

Changed my team considerably and I only have one premium player.

Rashford was quieter in the recent game, i will still have him in my lineup at his current price. United will only continue to improve under Ten Hag.

Rashford hasn't left my current draft, which I quite like. A lot will depend on my striker spots though; if choosing Kane over Haaland, then I'd probably have to give up Rashford's spot to someone like Mahrez.

The lack of Sp*rs assets is what's bothering me with my current draft. It's no issue if I drop Haaland, but if I want to gamble on him staying fit enough to make a difference already in gameweek 1, I will struggle finding a spot for Son…

That's interesting! Are you spreading the funds, or keeping some cash in the bank?

Rashford hasn't left my current draft, which I quite like. A lot will depend on my striker spots though; if choosing Kane over Haaland, then I'd probably have to give up Rashford's spot to someone like Mahrez.

The lack of Sp*rs assets is what's bothering me with my current draft. It's no issue if I drop Haaland, but if I want to gamble on him staying fit enough to make a difference already in gameweek 1, I will struggle finding a spot for Son…

That's interesting! Are you spreading the funds, or keeping some cash in the bank?

You mentioning Spurs players has now got me thinking lol I have none in my current team. I went top heavy in defense in my current draft though I will likely down grade some of those players lol
  • edited July 2022 Posts: 17,241

You mentioning Spurs players has now got me thinking lol I have none in my current team. I went top heavy in defense in my current draft though I will likely down grade some of those players lol

I see a lot of drafts online not including any Spurs players. Going without Kane and/or Son feels risky, but it's possible to put together a good team without them. Question is, if a good overall team without Kane/Son will outperform a team with Kane/Son.

I see a lot of drafts online not including any Spurs players. Going without Kane and/or Son feels risky, but it's possible to put together a good team without them. Question is, if a good overall team without Kane/Son will outperform a team with Kane/Son.

Kane also blanks during the early months of the season so not too fussed about him, Son worries me though I think they have priced him too high.

Kane also blanks during the early months of the season so not too fussed about him, Son worries me though I think they have priced him too high.

Right now I'm more likely to get Son rather than Kane, but as you mention, his price is very high. That's understandable given the season he had, but it also makes him very tricky to include without doing major downgrades elsewhere.

Right now I'm more likely to get Son rather than Kane, but as you mention, his price is very high. That's understandable given the season he had, but it also makes him very tricky to include without doing major downgrades elsewhere.

Its been reported that today Ronaldo is having crunch talks with Ten Hag, the outcome will effect my team for sure.

The reason I comment on Son's price is that I am not convinced he can replicate it, I would feel safer paying the extra million for Salah and fitting both into my team is a no go.

Its been reported that today Ronaldo is having crunch talks with Ten Hag, the outcome will effect my team for sure.

The reason I comment on Son's price is that I am not convinced he can replicate it, I would feel safer paying the extra million for Salah and fitting both into my team is a no go.

Do you think Ronnie is going to stay ? He loves the CL.

Salah and Darwin might be a awesome combo this season.

Will be interesting to see who starts in the FA Community Shield at Leicester's ground.

Will be interesting to see who starts in the FA Community Shield at Leicester's ground.

Its difficult to tell, it depends how a big a carrot United offer him, either way it needs sorting fast so we can get other players in if he goes. I hope Ronaldo does stay as we need his goals and we need to spend in other area's of the pitch.

With the players Liverpool have in attack they probably won't miss Mane that much.

The Ronaldo situation is the story of the summer transfer window for sure. Can't be an easy situation for United and ten Hag to deal with going into the new season…

Oh, definitely. I wouldn't risk having to lose Salah to afford Son. Up until now, only Salah and Alexander-Arnold have featured in all my drafts. Neither will leave my team.

Its difficult to tell, it depends how a big a carrot United offer him, either way it needs sorting fast so we can get other players in if he goes. I hope Ronaldo does stay as we need his goals and we need to spend in other area's of the pitch.

With the players Liverpool have in attack they probably won't miss Mane that much.

The people in charge of transfers for Liverpool have done a great job for a number of years now.
    The team just about coaches itself..... :))

Ronaldo like a lot of good players main focus this year is the WC you would think ?

The Ronaldo situation is the story of the summer transfer window for sure. Can't be an easy situation for United and ten Hag to deal with going into the new season…

Oh, definitely. I wouldn't risk having to lose Salah to afford Son. Up until now, only Salah and Alexander-Arnold have featured in all my drafts. Neither will leave my team.

Yeah they are two players that can't be left out of any team. TAA will only get better and Salah shows no signs of decline though it will be interesting when Nunez starts as that forces Salah wide more, it could effect his numbers.

The people in charge of transfers for Liverpool have done a great job for a number of years now.
    The team just about coaches itself..... :))

Ronaldo like a lot of good players main focus this year is the WC you would think ?

True though regarding Ronaldo he is hell bent on racking up more Champions League goals so his tally is untouchable. I suspect there are family reasons he want's to leave also.

Yeah they are two players that can't be left out of any team. TAA will only get better and Salah shows no signs of decline though it will be interesting when Nunez starts as that forces Salah wide more, it could effect his numbers.

Nunez is definitely on my watchlist. I can't see myself going into this season without a Liverpool triple-up, but I'm curios how the "template Liverpool triple-up" will look like throughout the season, and if Nunez will become a must-have.

Right now I'm debating Salah/TAA/Diaz vs Salah/TAA/Robertson. My gut feeling says the latter, but the former makes the team more balanced.
    Triple up seems wise, I have had Robertson in and out of drafts.

United apparently agreed a fee to sign wonder kid striker Sesko. I think Ronny is definitely going, legend though need to move on quickly.
    Triple up seems wise, I have had Robertson in and out of drafts.

United apparently agreed a fee to sign wonder kid striker Sesko. I think Ronny is definitely going, legend though need to move on quickly.

Ronaldo is a one of a kind player obviously, and letting him go will be a difficult decision for sure. But if he's as desperate to leave as reports suggest, then it's probably better for the club to find a younger and more motivated striker instead.
    Everyone is now welcome to join the Back of the net! league for yet another season of FPL!

16 players have already registered their FPL teams for this season, and are automatically entered into the league since they have been part of the league previously. For new players, you can auto-join the league here.

I'm sure this will be a very exciting Premier League- and FPL season, so make sure to join the fun!
    Everyone is now welcome to join the Back of the net! league for yet another season of FPL!

16 players have already registered their FPL teams for this season, and are automatically entered into the league since they have been part of the league previously. For new players, you can auto-join the league here.

I'm sure this will be a very exciting Premier League- and FPL season, so make sure to join the fun!

Great stuff, I still am far from a settled squad :))

Hahaha, same here!

Unless news makes me rethink my squad picks, I've got five starting players I'm fairly settled on going into gameweek 1 with, as well as three of the four bench players. Other than that, I've not yet decided on my first and second GK (not that the second one matters that much), my fourth defender spot (I'm likely to play 4-4-2), two of the midfield spots, and the premium striker spot. How much of the budget spent in defence will decide what I can do with those two midfield spots, and the premium striker will be either Kane or Haaland. Right now I'm more likely to pick Kane, but Haaland at his best is a better player than Kane IMO – and playing for that City team he can really make an impact…

I've seen a few 4-3-3 drafts on Twitter with both Kane and Haaland, as well as a mid priced striker (usually Jesus, Martial or Wilson), and those teams look really strong as well. They're very inflexible though, as once you have to make any adjustments, you're looking at 3-4 transfers rather than 1-3 with a more flexible team.

Hahaha, same here!

Unless news makes me rethink my squad picks, I've got five starting players I'm fairly settled on going into gameweek 1 with, as well as three of the four bench players. Other than that, I've not yet decided on my first and second GK (not that the second one matters that much), my fourth defender spot (I'm likely to play 4-4-2), two of the midfield spots, and the premium striker spot. How much of the budget spent in defence will decide what I can do with those two midfield spots, and the premium striker will be either Kane or Haaland. Right now I'm more likely to pick Kane, but Haaland at his best is a better player than Kane IMO – and playing for that City team he can really make an impact…

I've seen a few 4-3-3 drafts on Twitter with both Kane and Haaland, as well as a mid priced striker (usually Jesus, Martial or Wilson), and those teams look really strong as well. They're very inflexible though, as once you have to make any adjustments, you're looking at 3-4 transfers rather than 1-3 with a more flexible team.

I think I will end up with Son and Salah as premiums, I am being relaxed about my team for now as waiting to see if there is any more movement in the transfer market. To get son i will end up down grading my defense, going by history Kane never does much in the first month of the season so i am not considering him right now.

I am hearing Chelsea are not in the best of places so I may avoid there players for now.
    According to reports Ten Hag has approved £55 million signing of 19 year old Sesko, this is a bit left field I know little about the player other than he gave Liverpool a torrid time last season in the CL and Klopp was impressed.

To be honest Sesko and Palacia are the kind of signings I want to see young talent that are hungry and not hit there peaks. We need to move away from players like Sanchez and Cavani.
    Much like Arsenal, it makes sense for United to try and attract new talents, setting up a team for the future. Even though Ronaldo might still have a few good years on the top – like Zlatan and Buffon who are still very much active players, he's not exactly a man United can really on for many years to come. Šeško might be a clever signing, but the £55 million price tag isn't cheap!