The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Ronaldo does not turn up for training, if this is unlikely to get resolved we have to move him on quick.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited July 2022 Posts: 23,110
    Some good news Eriksen agrees to sign 3 year deal with Man United, class player and at 30 will still offer a lot of creativity.

---

:))
    FPL is live! though I am having issues logging in on app and desktop. Its been updated by the looks of it.

Edited: It wont send me a link to verify my email, apparently the server is very slow.

Because of the WC technically we will have three Wildcards.

i AM IN that was a bit of a chore reconfirming account, its very slow at the moment. time for my first draft... <:-P
    Done my first draft guaranteed most of the players wont be around long...

HR93g7l.png

---

Malacia our new LB just listened to his first interview very impressive, think we may have a bargain here.
  • edited July 2022 Posts: 17,241
    Antony has been linked from ajax though I don't see him as a CF.

===

Chelsea 2022/23 FPL goalkeeper prices

Edouard Mendy - £5.0m
    Chelsea 2022/23 FPL defender prices
    Cesar Azpilicueta - £5.0m
    Thiago Silva - £5.5m
    Reece James - £6.0m
    Ben Chilwell - £6.0m
    Chelsea 2022/23 FPL midfielder prices
    Callum Hudson-Odoi - £5.5m
    Jorginho - £6.0m
    Christian Pulisic - £6.0m
    Mason Mount - £8.0m
    Chelsea 2022/23 FPL forward prices
    Timo Werner - £8.0m
    Kai Havertz - £8.0m

Chilwell and James reasonable.

Chelsea very much in the same place as United, both squads look weak with recent departures.

West Ham...
    Player Position Price
    Vladimir Coufal DEF £4.5m
    Ben Johnson DEF £4.5m
    Aaron Cresswell DEF £5.0m
    Nayef Aguerd DEF £5.0m
    Declan Rice MID £5.0m
    Pablo Fornals MID £5.5m
    Manuel Lanzini MID £5.5m
    Tomas Soucek MID £5.5m
    Said Benrahma MID £6.0m
    Jarrod Bowen MID £8.5m
    Michail Antonio FWD £7.5m
    Unsurprised by Bowen's price.

Newcastle United
    Player Position Price
    Nick Pope GKP £5.0m
    Dan Burn DEF £4.5m
    Fabian Schar DEF £4.5m
    Matt Targett DEF £5.0m
    Kieran Trippier DEF £5.0m
    Joe Willock MID £5.0m
    Joelinton MID £6.0m
    Bruno Guimaraes MID £6.0m
    Allan Saint-Maximin MID £6.0m
    Chris Wood FWD £6.0m
    Callum Wilson FWD £7.5m

Fulham and Southampton I wont bother posting other than Mitrovic is 6.5 million.

Chilwell and James look like decent options at that price. Bowen is probably 0.5-1.0 too expensive in my opinion, but after the season he had, that price was expected. Trippier had some good games last season, so he's one to consider. Mitrovic at 6.5 is also not a surprising price, though he'd be a better option at 6.0.

My early thoughts are the value maybe in having 5 defenders more specifically Full Backs/Wing Backs.

I've seen that mentioned by Twitter accounts as well, going heavy at the back/midfield, and a single striker – in a 5-4-1 or 4-5-1 formation.

Haaland being the loan striker, I would think out of all the players he maybe the most Pep roulette proof.

Yes, if picking just one City player, he and Ederson might be the safest picks. But of course, if picking defensive options from City, Dias or Cancelo would be preferable.

Guaranteed I will have either Cancelo or Dias though Laporte could be a consideration he did well last season.

Yes, if Laporte is likely to start, he's a very good option for a big at the back draft.
    Ronaldo does not turn up for training, if this is unlikely to get resolved we have to move him on quick.
    Some good news Eriksen agrees to sign 3 year deal with Man United, class player and at 30 will still offer a lot of creativity.

---

FPL is live! though I am having issues logging in on app and desktop. Its been updated by the looks of it.

Edited: It wont send me a link to verify my email, apparently the server is very slow.

i AM IN that was a bit of a chore reconfirming account, its very slow at the moment. time for my first draft... <:-P

Think I read something that Ronaldo's absence was due to "personal reasons"? Could mean anything really.

Eriksen is a great signing for United. Would have loved to see him at Arsenal, but I don't think he'd ever consider it.

Had trouble getting my login verified, so I didn't get my first draft set up until late last night! Took some time to sit down this afternoon, and set up a second draft. I currently have £3.0 in the bank, but that's just because I've tried very hard to fit in some cheaper options. The additional funds will be used once I settle on a formation:

Sánchez
    Alexander-Arnold - Chilwell - Cancelo - Tomiyasu
    Neto - Salah - Foden
    Jesus - Archer - Haaland
    (Dennis - Colback - Andreas (Pereira) - Patterson)

Sánchez could be any 4.5 goalkeeper really, but he's in the team for now. I don't think I dare start without Alexander-Arnold or Salah, so that's quite a lot of the funds spent already. Haaland is also hard to drop – not only because I think he'll be a great signing for City, but also because he's already so highly owned. Cancelo could be downgraded if necessary, and Tomiyasu is likely to become another defender; I just don't trust Arsenal to keep clean sheets.

Neto could become any midfielder in the same price bracket – the same goes for Foden. Not sure how much funds I will spend in midfield for now; it's very difficult to land a midfield I'm happy with.

I doubt Archer will be a starter, so I'll likely go for two strikers or just the one. I'm just not sure how much I'll spend on that second striker if I end up playing two.

HR93g7l.png

---

Malacia our new LB just listened to his first interview very impressive, think we may have a bargain here.

Really like that draft, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns! It looks really balanced, and you got a playing bench as well. :-)

===

Edouard Mendy - £5.0m
    Thiago Silva - £5.5m
    Reece James - £6.0m
    Ben Chilwell - £6.0m
    Jorginho - £6.0m
    Mason Mount - £8.0m
    Timo Werner - £8.0m
    Kai Havertz - £8.0m

Chelsea very much in the same place as United, both squads look weak with recent departures.

West Ham...
    Player Position Price
    Ben Johnson DEF £4.5m
    Nayef Aguerd DEF £5.0m
    Declan Rice MID £5.0m
    Pablo Fornals MID £5.5m
    Manuel Lanzini MID £5.5m
    Tomas Soucek MID £5.5m
    Said Benrahma MID £6.0m
    Jarrod Bowen MID £8.5m

Newcastle United
    Player Position Price
    Nick Pope GKP £5.0m
    Dan Burn DEF £4.5m
    Fabian Schar DEF £4.5m
    Matt Targett DEF £5.0m
    Joe Willock MID £5.0m
    Joelinton MID £6.0m
    Chris Wood FWD £6.0m
    Callum Wilson FWD £7.5m

Fulham and Southampton I wont bother posting other than Mitrovic is 6.5 million.

Chilwell and James look like decent options at that price. Bowen is probably 0.5-1.0 too expensive in my opinion, but after the season he had, that price was expected. Trippier had some good games last season, so he's one to consider. Mitrovic at 6.5 is also not a surprising price, though he'd be a better option at 6.0.

My early thoughts are the value maybe in having 5 defenders more specifically Full Backs/Wing Backs.

I've seen that mentioned by Twitter accounts as well, going heavy at the back/midfield, and a single striker – in a 5-4-1 or 4-5-1 formation.

Haaland being the loan striker, I would think out of all the players he maybe the most Pep roulette proof.

Yes, if picking just one City player, he and Ederson might be the safest picks. But of course, if picking defensive options from City, Dias or Cancelo would be preferable.

Guaranteed I will have either Cancelo or Dias though Laporte could be a consideration he did well last season.

Yes, if Laporte is likely to start, he's a very good option for a big at the back draft.

---

Think I read something that Ronaldo's absence was due to "personal reasons"? Could mean anything really.

Eriksen is a great signing for United. Would have loved to see him at Arsenal, but I don't think he'd ever consider it.

Had trouble getting my login verified, so I didn't get my first draft set up until late last night! Took some time to sit down this afternoon, and set up a second draft. I currently have £3.0 in the bank, but that's just because I've tried very hard to fit in some cheaper options. The additional funds will be used once I settle on a formation:

Sánchez
    Neto - Salah - Foden
    Jesus - Archer - Haaland

Sánchez could be any 4.5 goalkeeper really, but he's in the team for now. I don't think I dare start without Alexander-Arnold or Salah, so that's quite a lot of the funds spent already. Haaland is also hard to drop – not only because I think he'll be a great signing for City, but also because he's already so highly owned. Cancelo could be downgraded if necessary, and Tomiyasu is likely to become another defender; I just don't trust Arsenal to keep clean sheets.

Neto could become any midfielder in the same price bracket – the same goes for Foden. Not sure how much funds I will spend in midfield for now; it's very difficult to land a midfield I'm happy with.

I doubt Archer will be a starter, so I'll likely go for two strikers or just the one. I'm just not sure how much I'll spend on that second striker if I end up playing two.

HR93g7l.png

---

Really like that draft, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns! It looks really balanced, and you got a playing bench as well. :-)

I have changed it slightly managed to get a midfield of Mount, Foden, Salah, Rashford and Neto with a strong defence and attack. Not really had chance toook at all the players first set if fixtures though Liverpool and City are pretty much fixture proof.

Regarding Ronaldo we shoukd know what is going to happen by Friday morning as the Squad flies to Thailand. Ronaldo will be a huge draw on the tour so United will want to sort something. United all of a sudden putting bids in for multiple players hopefully that will bare fruit and Ronny stays.

I thought of Perrera today he will start fir Fulham regularly fir sure.

===

Edouard Mendy - £5.0m
    Thiago Silva - £5.5m
    Reece James - £6.0m
    Ben Chilwell - £6.0m
    Jorginho - £6.0m
    Mason Mount - £8.0m
    Timo Werner - £8.0m
    Kai Havertz - £8.0m

West Ham...
    Player Position Price
    Ben Johnson DEF £4.5m
    Nayef Aguerd DEF £5.0m
    Declan Rice MID £5.0m
    Pablo Fornals MID £5.5m
    Manuel Lanzini MID £5.5m
    Tomas Soucek MID £5.5m
    Said Benrahma MID £6.0m
    Jarrod Bowen MID £8.5m

Newcastle United
    Player Position Price
    Nick Pope GKP £5.0m
    Dan Burn DEF £4.5m
    Fabian Schar DEF £4.5m
    Matt Targett DEF £5.0m
    Joe Willock MID £5.0m
    Joelinton MID £6.0m
    Chris Wood FWD £6.0m
    Callum Wilson FWD £7.5m

---

Sánchez
    Neto - Salah - Foden
    Jesus - Archer - Haaland

HR93g7l.png

---

I have changed it slightly managed to get a midfield of Mount, Foden, Salah, Rashford and Neto with a strong defence and attack. Not really had chance toook at all the players first set if fixtures though Liverpool and City are pretty much fixture proof.

Regarding Ronaldo we shoukd know what is going to happen by Friday morning as the Squad flies to Thailand. Ronaldo will be a huge draw on tge tour so they wi want to dirt something. United all of a sudden putting bids in for multiple players hopefully that will bare fruit and Ronny stays.

I'm sure both our drafts will look significantly different once the season starts! :)) Impressive finding spots for Mount, Foden, Salah, Rashford and Neto – all are players with price brackets that make them easy to replace as well.

Indeed, the Ronaldo situation is something to keep an eye on. If he leaves, United will have a lot of wages off their books though, which could be used to build the squad.

===

Edouard Mendy - £5.0m
    Thiago Silva - £5.5m
    Reece James - £6.0m
    Ben Chilwell - £6.0m
    Jorginho - £6.0m
    Mason Mount - £8.0m
    Timo Werner - £8.0m
    Kai Havertz - £8.0m

West Ham...
    Player Position Price
    Ben Johnson DEF £4.5m
    Nayef Aguerd DEF £5.0m
    Declan Rice MID £5.0m
    Pablo Fornals MID £5.5m
    Manuel Lanzini MID £5.5m
    Tomas Soucek MID £5.5m
    Said Benrahma MID £6.0m
    Jarrod Bowen MID £8.5m

Newcastle United
    Player Position Price
    Nick Pope GKP £5.0m
    Dan Burn DEF £4.5m
    Fabian Schar DEF £4.5m
    Matt Targett DEF £5.0m
    Joe Willock MID £5.0m
    Joelinton MID £6.0m
    Chris Wood FWD £6.0m
    Callum Wilson FWD £7.5m

---

Sánchez
    Neto - Salah - Foden
    Jesus - Archer - Haaland

HR93g7l.png

---

Regarding Ronaldo we shoukd know what is going to happen by Friday morning as the Squad flies to Thailand. Ronaldo will be a huge draw on tge tour so they wi want to dirt something. United all of a sudden putting bids in for multiple players hopefully that will bare fruit and Ronny stays.

I'm sure both our drafts will look significantly different once the season starts! :)) Impressive finding spots for Mount, Foden, Salah, Rashford and Neto – all are players with price brackets that make them easy to replace as well.

Indeed, the Ronaldo situation is something to keep an eye on. If he leaves, United will have a lot of wages off their books though, which could be used to build the squad.

I edited my post as numerous typos 😂

Reality is Ronaldo is contracted though as we are heading into a new era we don't want disruption from the start. Of there is no compromise let him go, I just hope it's abroad.

===

Edouard Mendy - £5.0m
    Thiago Silva - £5.5m
    Reece James - £6.0m
    Ben Chilwell - £6.0m
    Jorginho - £6.0m
    Mason Mount - £8.0m
    Timo Werner - £8.0m
    Kai Havertz - £8.0m

West Ham...
    Player Position Price
    Ben Johnson DEF £4.5m
    Nayef Aguerd DEF £5.0m
    Declan Rice MID £5.0m
    Pablo Fornals MID £5.5m
    Manuel Lanzini MID £5.5m
    Tomas Soucek MID £5.5m
    Said Benrahma MID £6.0m
    Jarrod Bowen MID £8.5m

Newcastle United
    Player Position Price
    Nick Pope GKP £5.0m
    Dan Burn DEF £4.5m
    Fabian Schar DEF £4.5m
    Matt Targett DEF £5.0m
    Joe Willock MID £5.0m
    Joelinton MID £6.0m
    Chris Wood FWD £6.0m
    Callum Wilson FWD £7.5m

---

Sánchez
    Neto - Salah - Foden
    Jesus - Archer - Haaland

HR93g7l.png

---

I edited my post as numerous typos 😂

Reality is Ronaldo is contracted though as we are heading into a new era we don't want disruption from the start. Of there is no compromise let him go, I just hope it's abroad.

I see he's been linked with a potential Chelsea move, which on paper could be a possibility since they have a new owner. Doubt United will let him go to a PL rival though!
    Defence I am struggling to fit Reece James in at the moment since changing a few players. I really want to have a bench full of playing subs. I think the days of having none playing 4.0m players is over.
    Defence I am struggling to fit Reece James in at the moment since changing a few players. I really want to have a bench full of playing subs. I think the days of having none playing 4.0m players is over.

I'd like one of Reece James or Ben Chilwell in my team as well (I doubt I can afford both). As for the non playing 4.0's, I might agree with that; they are only an option if it allows for a better team overall, excluding that one spot. What I hope though, is that we get a few playing 4.0's. That will make the 4-4-2 formation more viable.

I'd like one of Reece James or Ben Chilwell in my team as well (I doubt I can afford both). As for the non playing 4.0's, I might agree with that; they are only an option if it allows for a better team overall, excluding that one spot. What I hope though, is that we get a few playing 4.0's. That will make the 4-4-2 formation more viable.

Changed my team quite a bit, no doubt I will again tomorrow lol in truth until we see pre season form its just speculative line ups at present. I will no doubt hit my wildcard early anyway.

Changed my team quite a bit, no doubt I will again tomorrow lol in truth until we see pre season form its just speculative line ups at present. I will no doubt hit my wildcard early anyway.

Yes, even though it's not that long until the upcoming season, we still have weeks of adjusting our teams before the gameweek 1 deadline. A lot can (and will) happen until then.

I will likely play my wildcard early as well. The World Cup break will also be a factor this season:
    Unlimited free transfers can also be made between Sat 12 Nov 14:30 and Mon 26 Dec 14:30 when the Premier League season has been adjusted to accommodate the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022.
    Man United just launched there new kit and Ronaldo is one of the players promoting it, interesting.

60028159-10994281-image-a-15_1657267394782.jpg
    Admittedly he has looked happier :))
  • edited July 2022 Posts: 17,241
    Man United just launched there new kit and Ronaldo is one of the players promoting it, interesting.

60028159-10994281-image-a-15_1657267394782.jpg
    Admittedly he has looked happier :))

Hahaha, he doesn't look motivated, that's for sure! Will be interesting to see how this situation ends.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Good start for Gabriel Jesus 90 sec goal.

Liverpool v Man u Tuesday in Thailand will be interesting.

I have the day off and wrote the fixture in my diary, looking forward to seeing how Ten Hag sets up. I have been following the training on MUTV its more intensive than Ole that is for sure.
    edited July 2022 Posts: 2,342

I have the day off and wrote the fixture in my diary, looking forward to seeing how Ten Hag sets up. I have been following the training on MUTV its more intensive than Ole that is for sure.

Hopefully i can get access to the game or i have to watch the highlights on youtube later.
    Liverpool has a 37-man travelling squad.
    No Ronnie is disappointing for the club and fans there.

Hopefully i can get access to the game or i have to watch the highlights on youtube later.

Does Liverpool have an MUTV alternative? Yeah Ronny would have been a huge draw for the tour, alas I think he will go, just wish this had been sorted two months ago.

Does Liverpool have an MUTV alternative? Yeah Ronny would have been a huge draw for the tour, alas I think he will go, just wish this had been sorted two months ago.[/quote]

LFCTV GO but i haven't joined yet.

Does Liverpool have an MUTV alternative? Yeah Ronny would have been a huge draw for the tour, alas I think he will go, just wish this had been sorted two months ago.

MUTV is £7.99 a month I only subscribe during pre season just for the build up and friendly games.

MUTV is £7.99 a month I only subscribe during pre season just for the build up and friendly games.

That's good value. I might do that too....
    Do you watch that on your tv or pc ?

Both, I have the MUTV App on my FireTV and on my PC I just login to the website

I also have the Manchester United App on my phone which has additional features as well as MUTV on it.

I also have the Manchester United App on my phone which has additional features as well as MUTV on it.

The game is on at 11 pm here. Probably around 2pm your time ?

Liverpool – Tuesday, July 12, 14:00 – Rajamangala Stadium, Bangkok.

I will double check prior to the game just in case.

Hopefully Liverpool can score some goals. 3 finals last season , 0 goals......... :))

Hopefully Liverpool can score some goals. 3 finals last season , 0 goals......... :))

Liverpool are in great shape, I will take a draw now lol

To be honest I don't put much stock in preseason, from a United point of view i just want to see a pattern of play developing. Ten Hag is a great coach so the misery of the last year or so hopefully will be confined to the past now. Our last two managers either did not have ideas or failed to get there idea's cross.

To be honest I don't put much stock in preseason, from a United point of view i just want to see a pattern of play developing. Ten Hag is a great coach so the misery of the last year or so hopefully will be confined to the past now. Our last two managers either did not have ideas or failed to get there idea's cross.

They are showing the game here on free tv, which is nice.
    It will be interesting to see which United turns up this season with this new coach.

They are showing the game here on free tv, which is nice.
    It will be interesting to see which United turns up this season with this new coach.

Thats good, the MUTV app is down... again lol thankfully the website is working ok.
    The Ten Hag era begins...