The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 20 Apr 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

Interesting! Haven't heard anything like that myself, so I'm likely to make a planned transfer + maybe a hit to get a better starting eleven. Still chasing in my money league though, so it's a risky move taking a hit before the final gameweek of the season…

Leeds were very scathing of Brentford a few seasons ago and some players have not forgot, I think Brentford will be extremely motivated to send down Leeds today.

I can definitely see Brentford doing great today. Can't get any Brentford players in myself, but would have considered it, if it was possible!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited May 2022 Posts: 23,267
    Interesting! Haven't heard anything like that myself, so I'm likely to make a planned transfer + maybe a hit to get a better starting eleven. Still chasing in my money league though, so it's a risky move taking a hit before the final gameweek of the season…

Leeds were very scathing of Brentford a few seasons ago and some players have not forgot, I think Brentford will be extremely motivated to send down Leeds today.

I can definitely see Brentford doing great today. Can't get any Brentford players in myself, but would have considered it, if it was possible!

I went for Toney and sold the injured Dennis. also I think I needed an extra active player as its likely a few of my players wont be involved today.

De Bruyne is my Captain, City need to win at all costs.

I think Arsenal still have a chance of top 4 I can't see Everton putting up much of a fight now they are safe, Spurs are very capable of messing things up away to Norwich.

I went for Toney and sold the injured Dennis. also I think I needed an extra active player as its likely a few of my players wont be involved today.

De Bruyne is my Captain, City need to win at all costs.

I think Arsenal still have a chance of top 4 I can't see Everton putting up much of a fight now they are safe, Spurs are very capable of messing things up away to Norwich.

Smart move! Still considering my moves for the gameweek, though I've brought in Son (C) for Salah. Expect my mini league rival to do something similar, so it's all about that second transfer now.

The fact that Sp*rs play Norwich makes me think the top 4 is safe for them. Arsenal had their chance, but blew it, in typical Arsenal fashion. Would have taken top five before the season started though.
    Took the -4 in the end – Richarlison to Kane. That means a Sp*rs dounle-up for me this afternoon, with Son as captain. Need a lot of things to go my way to win the mini league, but at least I've made my transfers.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Took the -4 in the end – Richarlison to Kane. That means a Sp*rs dounle-up for me this afternoon, with Son as captain. Need a lot of things to go my way to win the mini league, but at least I've made my transfers.

I really messed up with my team on the last Double GW I had way too many out of form or not playing players its really hurt the end of the season for me, hopefully I will get a half decent score today. though I think I am likely to lose 3rd place in our mini league.

I really messed up with my team on the last Double GW I had way too many out of form or not playing players its really hurt the end of the season for me, hopefully I will get a half decent score today. though I think I am likely to lose 3rd place in our mini league.

Double gameweeks are difficult. On one hand you can get the highest scores of your season, which in turn can be season defining. On the other hand they can just as easily backfire, effectively ruining your season. In the end I feel double gameweeks are worth targeting for their upside, as long as we don't forget about single gameweek players that have good fixtures or are in a run of good form.
    Thanks again @Torgiertrap for keeping the FPL Thread going and the work you have put in over the season. =D>
    @Torgeirtrap
    Gabby Agbonlahor pinpoints what Leeds United mistake has made Brentford clash even more difficult
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.leedsallover.com/gabby-agbonlahor-pinpoints-what-leeds-united-mistake-has-made-brentford-clash-even-more-difficult/amp/

I am a strong believer in Karma lol
    Salah benched I am glad I sold him.
    Here are the final captaincy picks of the 2021/22 season!
    Son: 13
    Kane: 4
    Salah: 3
    Saka: 2
    Grealish: 1
    Fernandes: 1
    van Dijk: 1
    Nketiah: 1
    Maddison: 1
    De Bruyne: 1

Son and Kane are the most popular go-to captaincy picks for the final gameweek of the season, playing an already relegated Norwich. Salah is captained by three managers, but starts on the bench today. Saka is the only other player captained by more than one manager. Good luck everyone!

Thanks again @Torgiertrap for keeping the FPL Thread going and the work you have put in over the season. =D>

Thank you, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns! It's been fun, but also challenging, as I've had a busy year, and haven't had the chance to update the thread as frequently as I'd want to. I hope the updates have been worth the read, haha!
    @Torgeirtrap
    Gabby Agbonlahor pinpoints what Leeds United mistake has made Brentford clash even more difficult
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.leedsallover.com/gabby-agbonlahor-pinpoints-what-leeds-united-mistake-has-made-brentford-clash-even-more-difficult/amp/

I am a strong believer in Karma lol

Thanks for the link! We'll see if karma makes a difference today, in such a crucial game for Leeds. Hats off to Brentford and their season too. They've done really well.
    Salah benched I am glad I sold him.

Heard the rumours early on, and the money saved bringing in Son made Richarlison to Kane a possibility. Richarlison isn't even in the Everton squad today.
    Fernandinho at CB Stones at RB for City WT...

Grealish on bench, he has been a flop at his price surely. He will probably score the winner vs Villa 😂
    Neto goal vs Liverpool get in.
    Spurs scored
    Wolves almost got second.
    @-) Leeds goal... VAR... looks off... just offside
  • edited May 2022 Posts: 17,272
    Didn't expect Liverpool to concede! 1-1 now though.
    Mane game on, so much drama. City just went close.
    Mini league rival has Alonso who doesn't play today. Get's Cash from the bench who has just scored against City. Can't believe the luck he's having!
    And now he's got a Zaha goal as well. That's the 2021/22 FPL season over, haha!
    Doooom so far everything going wrong :))

Hahaha! Nketiah and Kane scoring aside, every potential gain I could have got on my mini league rival has failed :))

Hahaha! Nketiah and Kane scoring aside, every potential gain I could have got on my mini league rival has failed :))

FPL out the window for me, Liverpool on brink of beating our Treble and West Ham going above us and putting united in the conference league is worst case scenario.

City for bleep bleep sake win this game. X_X
    Brighton goal United back above west Ham
    Burnley look down consceded second, Leeds winning.

FPL out the window for me, Liverpool on brink of beating our Treble and West Ham going above us and putting united in the conference league is worst case scenario.

City for bleep bleep sake win this game. X_X

Can't believe City haven't even scored yet!
    Coutinho scored, my first sub also noooooo
    City pulled one back, Wolves almost scoring high drama!
    get in 2 - 2 come on City
    3 - 2 come on City unbelievable.
    City make Fergie style comeback