The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

well 45 points for me this week worst so far this season, I may get a bonus point or two

You can check that by clicking on the games and results below the field showing the team you played. I think the bonus points have been calculated for all games but the Norwich-City one.

Cheers I will have a look, I dont think City lost because of Laporte I think losing Kompany and not replacing him his gonna hurt them big time

Agree. Losing Laporte is one thing, but not addressing the fact that Kompany left is just strange. This might be a massive result as far as the PL season goes.
    Salah has second highest score from today behind Mane does that mean Salah gets 2 points?

Yes! The score in the brackets is the Bonus Points System (BPS), which decides the bonus points given after the matches. Highest score equals 3 bonus points, then two and one.

The final Norwich-City BPS's will be calculated soon I guess.

Norwich been processed Pukki with 3 bonus, Salah will give me 4 bonus as he is my captain and I have another bonus point so should get 53 points if I have calculated correctly I will take that after so many dud players this week

Much better than how I've been doing! Looks like I'm on 40 points after bonus points.
    Pukki (39)
    Buendía (39)

two with same points how will that be calculated?

Both will get 3 bonus points, I believe (and City's Rodrigo one).

Mount will get two bonus also so not too bad, I think its been a bad few weeks for some premium players, scores again won't be high, I am just relieved I picked Salah as Captain I was fearing Sterling to go goal crazy today

Forgot about Mount – that makes it 42 for me after bonus points.

Really regret captaining Sterling over Salah today. Neither were particularly involved, but Salah came out of the match with a goal (and bonus points). Hope there won't be too much of a red arrow, but I won't be surprised to fall out of the top million.

As for premium players, it sure hasn't been too many returns. When that happens, it's the cheaper players (and/or lesser owned ones) that make the most difference; like Abraham, Pukki, Buendia, etc.

I went for Salah as I thought pep Roulette would possibly feature, so in the end especially after blanking three captains in a row I went for Salah as playing at home and rested over the international break was the safe option.

That was the correct decision in the end! I couldn't look past Norwich's lack of available defenders when picking Sterling.

To be honest many FPL channels and media were constantly going on about Norwich defence, suggesting City would win by the biggest premiership score ever. I try to block stuff like that out, much the same as I blocked jumping too heavily on the Bournemouth train prior to GW1. The media talk alot of cr@p :)) football is never that straight forward I try to go with my gut

It's easy to fall for the "trap" of just following what others do and suggest in FPL. You can really only follow your own game. I sometimes follow suggestions and advice given in podcasts and elsewhere, but that's mostly to seek out information from games I haven't watched and/or players I haven't seen in action. After watching Sterling in the international break, I was sure he'd get something from the Norwich game. I think he hit the post at one point?

There is some great advice or rather information on the FPL channels, though a few I don't trust there judgement. Some certainly do expert research though don't do particularly well themselves.

To be honest I am just doing the oposite of what I did in my debut season, no knee jerk reactions

I think the start to this season has been particularly difficult, so rankings will be all over the place – even for the experts. As long as they give good reasoning for their choices and suggestions, I take them into consideration. That includes stuff like expected goals, chances created and things like that. Stats don't give the complete picture though, so that's where gut feeling and watching games yourself comes to play. If a player looks decent in games and have good stats, that makes the player one to watch or pick.

Knee jerk reactions is a natural thing in this game, I think. Resisting doing so is what often makes the difference long term.

True its still early days though there are some FPL advisors that last season did not do great, so I am wary. There is one channel that I rarely watch now as the guy is so bland and uninspiring lol

Just watching highlights, week after next I think Son is on the cards for me, he looked very sharp, I can't get him in this week as not willing to lose KDB, Sterling or Salah

The quality of the FPL content and those presenting it can definitely vary! I usually watch the stuff from Fantasy Football Scout, as they really dig into stats, etc.

Son is in consideration for me too. Have no way of getting him in at the moment, so it might be something I have to wait for until I use the wildcard.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    well 45 points for me this week worst so far this season, I may get a bonus point or two

You can check that by clicking on the games and results below the field showing the team you played. I think the bonus points have been calculated for all games but the Norwich-City one.

Cheers I will have a look, I dont think City lost because of Laporte I think losing Kompany and not replacing him his gonna hurt them big time

Agree. Losing Laporte is one thing, but not addressing the fact that Kompany left is just strange. This might be a massive result as far as the PL season goes.
    Salah has second highest score from today behind Mane does that mean Salah gets 2 points?

Yes! The score in the brackets is the Bonus Points System (BPS), which decides the bonus points given after the matches. Highest score equals 3 bonus points, then two and one.

Norwich been processed Pukki with 3 bonus, Salah will give me 4 bonus as he is my captain and I have another bonus point so should get 53 points if I have calculated correctly I will take that after so many dud players this week

Much better than how I've been doing! Looks like I'm on 40 points after bonus points.
    Pukki (39)
    Buendía (39)

Mount will get two bonus also so not too bad, I think its been a bad few weeks for some premium players, scores again won't be high, I am just relieved I picked Salah as Captain I was fearing Sterling to go goal crazy today

Really regret captaining Sterling over Salah today. Neither were particularly involved, but Salah came out of the match with a goal (and bonus points). Hope there won't be too much of a red arrow, but I won't be surprised to fall out of the top million.

As for premium players, it sure hasn't been too many returns. When that happens, it's the cheaper players (and/or lesser owned ones) that make the most difference; like Abraham, Pukki, Buendia, etc.

I went for Salah as I thought pep Roulette would possibly feature, so in the end especially after blanking three captains in a row I went for Salah as playing at home and rested over the international break was the safe option.

That was the correct decision in the end! I couldn't look past Norwich's lack of available defenders when picking Sterling.

To be honest many FPL channels and media were constantly going on about Norwich defence, suggesting City would win by the biggest premiership score ever. I try to block stuff like that out, much the same as I blocked jumping too heavily on the Bournemouth train prior to GW1. The media talk alot of cr@p :)) football is never that straight forward I try to go with my gut

It's easy to fall for the "trap" of just following what others do and suggest in FPL. You can really only follow your own game. I sometimes follow suggestions and advice given in podcasts and elsewhere, but that's mostly to seek out information from games I haven't watched and/or players I haven't seen in action. After watching Sterling in the international break, I was sure he'd get something from the Norwich game. I think he hit the post at one point?

There is some great advice or rather information on the FPL channels, though a few I don't trust there judgement. Some certainly do expert research though don't do particularly well themselves.

To be honest I am just doing the oposite of what I did in my debut season, no knee jerk reactions

I think the start to this season has been particularly difficult, so rankings will be all over the place – even for the experts. As long as they give good reasoning for their choices and suggestions, I take them into consideration. That includes stuff like expected goals, chances created and things like that. Stats don't give the complete picture though, so that's where gut feeling and watching games yourself comes to play. If a player looks decent in games and have good stats, that makes the player one to watch or pick.

Knee jerk reactions is a natural thing in this game, I think. Resisting doing so is what often makes the difference long term.

True its still early days though there are some FPL advisors that last season did not do great, so I am wary. There is one channel that I rarely watch now as the guy is so bland and uninspiring lol

Just watching highlights, week after next I think Son is on the cards for me, he looked very sharp, I can't get him in this week as not willing to lose KDB, Sterling or Salah

The quality of the FPL content and those presenting it can definitely vary! I usually watch the stuff from Fantasy Football Scout, as they really dig into stats, etc.

Son is in consideration for me too. Have no way of getting him in at the moment, so it might be something I have to wait for until I use the wildcard.

Football Scout is my go to for info and press conference reaction.

I jinxed myself mentioning Bournemouth players yesterday, Everton struggling in defense and attack still

Pukki (39)
    Buendía (39)

Football Scout is my go to for info and press conference reaction.

I jinxed myself mentioning Bournemouth players yesterday, Everton struggling in defense and attack still

Great win for Bournemouth, but I only had Digne in that fixture…
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I had a hunch Aubameyang would deliver good FPL points today, glad Arsenal drew that makes 5 teams all on 8 points and only 2 points behind City, Liverpool 5 points further ahead interesting
    I had a hunch Aubameyang would deliver good FPL points today, glad Arsenal drew that makes 5 teams all on 8 points and only 2 points behind City, Liverpool 5 points further ahead interesting

Not happy myself, for obvious reasons! I think this is an Arsenal team that won't compete for the top six.
    edited September 2019 Posts: 23,105

Not happy myself, for obvious reasons! I think this is an Arsenal team that won't compete for the top six.

To be honest taking Liverpool and City out of the equation the teams in joint 3rd are pretty much as unreliable as the next. Arsenal could easily get top four as the other teams will falter just as much, Spurs are the only one I think that could possibly do better if they can get there act together

To be honest taking Liverpool and City out of the equation the teams in joint 3rd are pretty much as unreliable as the next. Arsenal could easily get top four as the other teams will falter just as much, Spurs are the only one I think that could possibly do better if they can get there act together

I think it will be City and Liverpool fighting for the title, Sp*rs predictably taking third, then a fight between Chelsea, United and Leicester for the next three places. Arsenal have plenty of performances like this each season, unfortunately.
    Some knee Jerk reactions to this GW, one FPL streamer dumping Salah and Sterling crazy. I see a pattern in some FPL managers which I fell into last year, if a group of players do well one week they expect the same returns to following week so take hits to get them in, that rarely happens only a few players may do that.
    Some knee Jerk reactions to this GW, one FPL streamer dumping Salah and Sterling crazy. I see a pattern in some FPL managers which I fell into last year, if a group of players do well one week they expect the same returns to following week so take hits to get them in, that rarely happens only a few players may do that.

Which FPL streamer is that?

I have to admit feeling tempted by dropping Salah for Mané. I think Mané has looked better so far, and that extra million will do a lot for the team overall. Still a risky decision though.

I have to admit feeling tempted by dropping Salah for Mané. I think Mané has looked better so far, and that extra million will do a lot for the team overall. Still a risky decision though.

FPL Elite he took a 16 point hit

I am sticking with Salah and Sterling, in fact I may get Mane in to add to those two, most likely after the Chelsea game
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 17,241

I am sticking with Salah and Sterling, in fact I may get Mane in to add to those two, most likely after the Chelsea game

Never heard about that stream, actually. Only watch Fantasy Football Scout, Let's Talk FPL, FPL Family (occasionally) and Fantasy TV PL med DobbTV (Swedish stream/videos) – as well as FPL Tips and FPL TV (both just posting weekly transfer videos and other similarly short videos). I also listen to a few FPL podcasts throughout the week, but those are all in Norwegian.

If I had a way to have all three of Sterling, Salah and Mané, then I'd definitely consider that! Can't see how I'm going to do that with my current team, so that will be a wildcard decision.

Never heard about that stream, actually. Only watch Fantasy Football Scout, Let's Talk FPL, FPL Family (occasionally) and Fantasy TV PL med DobbTV (Swedish stream/videos) – as well as FPL Tips and FPL TV (both just posting weekly transfer videos and other similarly short videos). I also listen to a few FPL podcasts throughout the week, but those are all in Norwegian.

If I had a way to have all three of Sterling, Salah and Mané, then I'd definitely consider that! Can't see how I'm going to do that with my current team, so that will be a wildcard decision.

Its a relatively new channel they do a lot of content, phone in's and lengthy discussion during match days. Its more laid back and a fun listen.

They have put a lot of time and effort into the channel and had other FPL content creators on as guests

Its a relatively new channel they do a lot of content, phone in's and lengthy discussion during match days. Its more laid back and a fun listen.

They have put a lot of time and effort into the channel and had other FPL content creators on as guests

Certainly seems like they've put a lot of effort into how the stream looks! Will check them out more next week, but I doubt I'll have time for yet another stream to follow, haha!

Certainly seems like they've put a lot of effort into how the stream looks! Will check them out more next week, but I doubt I'll have time for yet another stream to follow, haha!

I mainly listen to them when games are on going, so you get the drama from the community as goals go in, also they do a good show called Sunday Surgery where people discuss what things need to be changed with there respective teams. One of the host's was floating around the top Hundred at one point last year very late in the season.

I mainly listen to them when games are on going, so you get the drama from the community as goals go in, also they do a good show called Sunday Surgery where people discuss what things need to be changed with there respective teams. One of the host's was floating around the top Hundred at one point last year very late in the season.

Doing a stream while the games are going on is a bit different. The streams I follow usually post stuff midweek before the weekend games, so you won't get the team news reactions, goal reactions and stuff like that.

That's an impressive overall rank at any point of the season! He must have made some good (and/or risky) team selections.
    John Stones out for over a month, the City defence is in bad shape

Mason Mount injured too now. Haven't read how bad it was or if it's just a minor injury, but I'm sure glad I got two free transfers! Still toying with the idea of playing the wildcard, but the two available transfers might keep me from playing it.
    ______

Haven't had time to check the league scores, so I'll be back with a gameweek winner / league update tomorrow!

Mason Mount injured too now. Haven't read how bad it was or if it's just a minor injury, but I'm sure glad I got two free transfers! Still toying with the idea of playing the wildcard, but the two available transfers might keep me from playing it.
    ______

Haven't had time to check the league scores, so I'll be back with a gameweek winner / league update tomorrow!

Really I have Mount. I was going to wait till Friday and likely bank the free transfer, will have to see what the situation is after the European games

Edited: Mount has an ankle injury apparently according to FPL app

______

Really I have Mount. I was going to wait till Friday and likely bank the free transfer, will have to see what the situation is after the European games

We just have to follow the situation throughout the next 40 something hours, and hope there's news before the Friday night deadline!

______

We just have to follow the situation throughout the next 40 something hours, and hope there's news before the Friday night deadline!

If Mount's injury is short-term my squad can cope with benching him for a week as I have Cantwell who was going to come in and ill just keep Lundstrum in the starting line up

______

If Mount's injury is short-term my squad can cope with benching him for a week as I have Cantwell who was going to come in and ill just keep Lundstrum in the starting line up

Thinking the same. I have other transfers to prioritise, so ideally I would like to avoid taking Mount out this week.
    A bit late, but here's the gameweek winner update! Congratulations to Anotherwastedcorner! =D>

Njob7a6.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: George’sRetrorockets
    GW 2: DICKLESS TOWN
    GW 3: Benny’s Blues
    GW 4: Benny’s Blues
    GW 5: Anotherwastedcorner

And here's how the league managed in gameweek 5. 11 out of 20 teams (hello to our two new teams!) beat the average gameweek score of 52 points. As you can see by the overall points, there's very little separating the teams!
    League table standings:

1. Dinamo Skruknott: GW 48 - TOT 294
    2. AFC Fritzson: GW 60 - TOT 293
    3. Anotherwastedcorner: GW 78 - TOT 293
    4. GoldyTheRef: GW 68 - TOT 291
    5. Team Extreme: GW 54 - TOT 290
    6. Benny's Blues: GW 49 - TOT 289
    7. 11 FishFingers: GW 64 - TOT 283
    8. EMRE CAN Fan: GW 45 - TOT 279
    9. Anfield FC: GW 60 - TOT 262
    10. DICKLESS TOWN: GW 55 - TOT 259
    11. MysticWarlordsOfKa’a: GW 55 - TOT 258
    12. bliblikadek: GW 55 - TOT 256
    13. LVLA Skopje 05: GW 43 - TOT 254
    14. George'sRetroRockets: GW 42 - TOT 250
    15. bobby’sfashionsense: GW 59 - TOT 245
    16. Overload: GW 65 - TOT 243
    17. MEJICO POWA: GW 50 - TOT 231
    18. Flitwick Flyers: GW 41 - TOT 222
    19. Teluk Gong FC: GW 51 - TOT 218
    20. Manchester United: GW 50 - TOT 50

We have another Friday night deadline this week, so remember to have your teams and captaincies ready by Friday 20:00 (UK time)!
    I've used my wildcard and cleared out all the dead wood.
    Something has to get me out of this bad start to the season.

Mind you,its a cracking looking team now,im quite excited !
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Bazza tell me you've got rid of David Luiz?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    My team for this GW:

Ederson
    Wan-Bissaka, Digne, Lascelles
    Mount, Richarlison, Salah, James
    Callum Wilson, Abraham, Pukki (C).
    My team for this GW:

Ederson

Arnt Wan-Bissaka,Mount and James all injured,DC ?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited September 2019 Posts: 15,686
    barryt007 wrote: »
    My team for this GW:

Ederson

Arnt Wan-Bissaka,Mount and James all injured,DC ?

Apparently Mount injury not very serious, Fantasy says 75% chance of playing. Wan-Bissaka has no warning on Fantasy, but yes James looks bad, sadly I don't have anyone to replace him with. I can sub in Azpi or VVD, but I doubt Chelsea nor Liverpool will keep a clean sheet.

EDIT: I have Hayden for Newcastle vs Brighton. This may be the best subbing option.
    @barryt007 I subbed Mount for Hayden and James for VVD. Hopefully it works fine. I checked again, no injury warning on the FPL site for Wan-Bissaka.
    @barryt007 I subbed Mount for Hayden and James for VVD. Hopefully it works fine. I checked again, no injury warning on the FPL site for Wan-Bissaka.

Yes good thinking.
    I will check my SKY FF to see if there is anything on there about Wan-Bissaka.

EDIT : Nothing on there either,just Shaw and Bailly for the Man Utd defence,so I presume he must be fit then.
    Wan Bissaka is fit he was just rested yesterday