The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

Difficult gameweek for sure! Those who jumped on the Abraham train (and/or got Son early) have got great returns.

I had two clean sheets till late on and predictably they went which is typical, Abraham is on fire though Liverpool next. Despite a bad week I will hold off on transfers and let two free transfers build up, got to play the long game

That strategy usually pays off, and I did the same this gameweek in order to give myself more options (without taking hits).
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Norwich playing well they do play good football
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Goal to Norwich lol
    Goal to Norwich lol

Another clean sheet gone…That leaves Digne to get some returns.
    Cantwell goal pukki assist, Cantwell on my bench if KDB stays benched he is next up
    Cantwell goal pukki assist, Cantwell on my bench if KDB stays benched he is next up

At least I played Pukki!

At least I played Pukki!

Alas its inevitable KDB will come on at some point

At least I played Pukki!

Pep would be crazy not to bring him on!

At least I played Pukki!

Dam Aguero he seems to be essential, Bernard Silva assist it looked like

At least I played Pukki!

Dam Aguero he seems to be essential, Bernard Silva assist it looked like

Indeed. No way of getting in Agüero for me. Might have to reconsider the team structure.
    Get in I am loving this for none FPL reasons Pukkiiii
    I am kicking myself for swapping Cantwell for Lundstrum at the last minute
    I am kicking myself for swapping Cantwell for Lundstrum at the last minute

It did make sense playing Lundstram I think, given the fixture!
    well 45 points for me this week worst so far this season, I may get a bonus point or two
    well 45 points for me this week worst so far this season, I may get a bonus point or two

You can check that by clicking on the games and results below the field showing the team you played. I think the bonus points have been calculated for all games but the Norwich-City one.

You can check that by clicking on the games and results below the field showing the team you played. I think the bonus points have been calculated for all games but the Norwich-City one.

Cheers I will have a look, I dont think City lost because of Laporte I think losing Kompany and not replacing him his gonna hurt them big time
    Salah has second highest score from today behind Mane does that mean Salah gets 2 points?
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 17,241

Cheers I will have a look, I dont think City lost because of Laporte I think losing Kompany and not replacing him his gonna hurt them big time

Agree. Losing Laporte is one thing, but not addressing the fact that Kompany left is just strange. This might be a massive result as far as the PL season goes.
    Salah has second highest score from today behind Mane does that mean Salah gets 2 points?

Yes! The score in the brackets is the Bonus Points System (BPS), which decides the bonus points given after the matches. Highest score equals 3 bonus points, then two and one.

The final Norwich-City BPS's will be calculated soon I guess.
    edited September 2019 Posts: 23,105

Agree. Losing Laporte is one thing, but not addressing the fact that Kompany left is just strange. This might be a massive result as far as the PL season goes.

Yes! The score in the brackets is the Bonus Points System (BPS), which decides the bonus points given after the matches. Highest score equals 3 bonus points, then two and one.

Norwich been processed Pukki with 3 bonus, Salah will give me 4 bonus as he is my captain and I have another bonus point so should get 53 points if I have calculated correctly I will take that after so many dud players this week
    Pukki (39)
    Buendía (39)

two with same points how will that be calculated?

Norwich been processed Pukki with 3 bonus, Salah will give me 4 bonus as he is my captain and I have another bonus point so should get 53 points if I have calculated correctly I will take that after so many dud players this week

Much better than how I've been doing! Looks like I'm on 40 points after bonus points.
    Pukki (39)
    Buendía (39)

Both will get 3 bonus points, I believe (and City's Rodrigo one).
    edited September 2019 Posts: 23,105

Much better than how I've been doing! Looks like I'm on 40 points after bonus points.
    Pukki (39)
    Buendía (39)

Mount will get two bonus also so not too bad, I think its been a bad few weeks for some premium players, scores again won't be high, I am just relieved I picked Salah as Captain I was fearing Sterling to go goal crazy today

Pukki (39)
    Buendía (39)

Mount will get two bonus also so not too bad, I think its been a bad few weeks for some premium players, scores again won't be high, I am just relieved I picked Salah as Captain I was fearing Sterling to go goal crazy today

Forgot about Mount – that makes it 42 for me after bonus points.

Really regret captaining Sterling over Salah today. Neither were particularly involved, but Salah came out of the match with a goal (and bonus points). Hope there won't be too much of a red arrow, but I won't be surprised to fall out of the top million.

As for premium players, it sure hasn't been too many returns. When that happens, it's the cheaper players (and/or lesser owned ones) that make the most difference; like Abraham, Pukki, Buendia, etc.

Pukki (39)
    Buendía (39)

Really regret captaining Sterling over Salah today. Neither were particularly involved, but Salah came out of the match with a goal (and bonus points). Hope there won't be too much of a red arrow, but I won't be surprised to fall out of the top million.

As for premium players, it sure hasn't been too many returns. When that happens, it's the cheaper players (and/or lesser owned ones) that make the most difference; like Abraham, Pukki, Buendia, etc.

I went for Salah as I thought pep Roulette would possibly feature, so in the end especially after blanking three captains in a row I went for Salah as playing at home and rested over the international break was the safe option.

Pukki (39)
    Buendía (39)

I went for Salah as I thought pep Roulette would possibly feature, so in the end especially after blanking three captains in a row I went for Salah as playing at home and rested over the international break was the safe option.

That was the correct decision in the end! I couldn't look past Norwich's lack of available defenders when picking Sterling.

Pukki (39)
    Buendía (39)

That was the correct decision in the end! I couldn't look past Norwich's lack of available defenders when picking Sterling.

To be honest many FPL channels and media were constantly going on about Norwich defence, suggesting City would win by the biggest premiership score ever. I try to block stuff like that out, much the same as I blocked jumping too heavily on the Bournemouth train prior to GW1. The media talk alot of cr@p :)) football is never that straight forward I try to go with my gut

Pukki (39)
    Buendía (39)

To be honest many FPL channels and media were constantly going on about Norwich defence, suggesting City would win by the biggest premiership score ever. I try to block stuff like that out, much the same as I blocked jumping too heavily on the Bournemouth train prior to GW1. The media talk alot of cr@p :)) football is never that straight forward I try to go with my gut

It's easy to fall for the "trap" of just following what others do and suggest in FPL. You can really only follow your own game. I sometimes follow suggestions and advice given in podcasts and elsewhere, but that's mostly to seek out information from games I haven't watched and/or players I haven't seen in action. After watching Sterling in the international break, I was sure he'd get something from the Norwich game. I think he hit the post at one point?

Pukki (39)
    Buendía (39)

It's easy to fall for the "trap" of just following what others do and suggest in FPL. You can really only follow your own game. I sometimes follow suggestions and advice given in podcasts and elsewhere, but that's mostly to seek out information from games I haven't watched and/or players I haven't seen in action. After watching Sterling in the international break, I was sure he'd get something from the Norwich game. I think he hit the post at one point?

There is some great advice or rather information on the FPL channels, though a few I don't trust there judgement. Some certainly do expert research though don't do particularly well themselves.

To be honest I am just doing the oposite of what I did in my debut season, no knee jerk reactions

Pukki (39)
    Buendía (39)

There is some great advice or rather information on the FPL channels, though a few I don't trust there judgement. Some certainly do expert research though don't do particularly well themselves.

To be honest I am just doing the oposite of what I did in my debut season, no knee jerk reactions

I think the start to this season has been particularly difficult, so rankings will be all over the place – even for the experts. As long as they give good reasoning for their choices and suggestions, I take them into consideration. That includes stuff like expected goals, chances created and things like that. Stats don't give the complete picture though, so that's where gut feeling and watching games yourself comes to play. If a player looks decent in games and have good stats, that makes the player one to watch or pick.

Knee jerk reactions is a natural thing in this game, I think. Resisting doing so is what often makes the difference long term.

Pukki (39)
    Buendía (39)

I think the start to this season has been particularly difficult, so rankings will be all over the place – even for the experts. As long as they give good reasoning for their choices and suggestions, I take them into consideration. That includes stuff like expected goals, chances created and things like that. Stats don't give the complete picture though, so that's where gut feeling and watching games yourself comes to play. If a player looks decent in games and have good stats, that makes the player one to watch or pick.

Knee jerk reactions is a natural thing in this game, I think. Resisting doing so is what often makes the difference long term.

True its still early days though there are some FPL advisors that last season did not do great, so I am wary. There is one channel that I rarely watch now as the guy is so bland and uninspiring lol

Just watching highlights, week after next I think Son is on the cards for me, he looked very sharp, I can't get him in this week as not willing to lose KDB, Sterling or Salah