The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 20 Apr 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Wow Denmark Finland resuming shortly

Really hope that this is something the teams themselves want and have agreed to do, at least, without any pressure from UEFA.

Appears so from the statement.

Amazing scenes from the crowd uniting.
  • edited June 2021 Posts: 17,272

Really hope that this is something the teams themselves want and have agreed to do, at least, without any pressure from UEFA.

Every tournament has moments you don't forget. These scenes will for me.

On that note: how great isn't it to have fans in the stadium? This shows football fans at their best.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

On that note: how great isn't it to have fans in the stadium? This shows football fans at their best.

Agree Footballs heart and soul is the fans, they inspire the players and vice versa. I will continue to watch the Denmark game.

Agree Footballs heart and soul is the fans, they inspire the players and vice versa. I will continue to watch the Denmark game.

Knowing that Eriksen is okay, probably made the decision to keep on playing easier – and meaningful too, of course.
    edited June 2021 Posts: 23,267

Knowing that Eriksen is okay, probably made the decision to keep on playing easier – and meaningful too, of course.

Exactly the players no doubt from both teams are continuing for him.

I will be emotional when the players step onto the pitch.

So surreal to watch them on the pitch again. Will be a very special second half this.

So surreal to watch them on the pitch again. Will be a very special second half this.

It's a bit crazy the game continuing, you coukd see some players still upset and distracted understandable.

Watching both games.

It's a bit crazy the game continuing, you coukd see some players still upset and distracted understandable.

Watching both games.

Yes, no surprise to see them still shaken by what happened.

Decided to just watch the Denmark-Finland game myself. Might switch to Belgium-Russia once they finish the second half at Parken.
    0-1, Finland.
    0-1, Finland.

I was hoping this game would end a draw, Finland winning would not sit right.
    0-1, Finland.

I was hoping this game would end a draw, Finland winning would not sit right.

Indeed, though the game is far from over yet.
    No Eden Hazard or KDB could impact on Belgium quite a bit.
    No Eden Hazard or KDB could impact on Belgium quite a bit.

Penalty to Denmark, but it's saved!
    Lukaku gifted a goal... offside?

The goal stands.
    Lukaku gifted a goal... offside?

The goal stands.

Nice! Got him as captain in the Euro game for tonight, but also as my captain in the TV2/NRK Euro game, where you can't change captains.
    Meunier with a goal too. Got him in that other Euro game.

Lukaku with second, I won't be changing my Captain that's for sure.

Agree, difficult to risk moving the armband to another player now. More time to plan for matchday 2!

Agree, difficult to risk moving the armband to another player now. More time to plan for matchday 2!

Made a few subs then after thought I should have waited closer to games and team news lol

Made a few subs then after thought I should have waited closer to games and team news lol

Almost did the same! Depay is the only player in my team playing today, so I won't need to make any subs before tomorrow night.

Almost did the same! Depay is the only player in my team playing today, so I won't need to make any subs before tomorrow night.

Good differential you got with Finland keeper, he was on my bench though with Italy playing first I was never going to play him.

Good differential you got with Finland keeper, he was on my bench though with Italy playing first I was never going to play him.

It was a late decision to bring in Hrádecký. I needed to push some funds into the midfield instead of going with a premium goalkeeper. I expected Denmark to score, and to replace Hrádecký with Bachmann for Austria's match against North Macedonia. Won't be doing that now!

It was a late decision to bring in Hrádecký. I needed to push some funds into the midfield instead of going with a premium goalkeeper. I expected Denmark to score, and to replace Hrádecký with Bachmann for Austria's match against North Macedonia. Won't be doing that now!

I was going to switch to Schiemachel at one stage so I would have had Danish and Finnish keepers though I still would not have picked the Finland keeper.

I was going to switch to Schiemachel at one stage so I would have had Danish and Finnish keepers though I still would not have picked the Finland keeper.

If I'd have to pick between the two, it would no doubt have been Schmeichel. Won't expect Finland to keep any more clean sheets, so I doubt I'll be sticking with Hrádecký in goal for the other group games.
    England team: Pickford, Walker, Stones, Mings, Trippier, Rice, Phillips, Mount, Foden, Sterling, Kane

Ridiculous playing Trippier at left back ahead of Shaw and Chilwell.

Sancho and Chillwell not even in the matchday squad, how the hell does Sterling warrant a start. Not happy.

Benching our best creative player Grealish, Southgate is the international version of Ole.
    Strong start by England need a goal, come on ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    England team: Pickford, Walker, Stones, Mings, Trippier, Rice, Phillips, Mount, Foden, Sterling, Kane

Sancho and Chillwell not even in the matchday squad, how the hell does Sterling warrant a start. Not happy.

Benching our best creative player Grealish, Southgate is the international version of Ole.

Would not have expected this lineup! Why no Sancho?

Tactical according to Southgate.

Tactical according to Southgate.

Hm… still would think that Sancho could have a lot to offer in this game.

And Sterling scores.
    Thank god for medically trained staff and knowledgeable team mates. Get well soon Christian Eriksen. :-bd