The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 20 Apr 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

DE BROKEN Kevin De Bruyne huge doubt for Euro 2020 after suffering TWO broken bones in face after grim Rudiger clash for Man City
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/15112568/kevin-de-bruyne-doubt-euro-2020/

“Hi guys just got back from the hospital,” De Bruyne wrote on Twitter. “My diagnosis is acute nose bone fracture and left orbital fracture. I feel okay now. Still disappointed about yesterday obviously but we will be back.”

Nasty injury could play with face guard though very risky if gets a bump, I would be shocked if he played any of the group games, if any games in the tournament. Doctors probably wont clear him.

---

Man United have withdrawn Mason Greenwood from England Euro 2020 Squad due to injury, shame as Greenwood would have been a good impact sub off the bench, apparently he has had a long term injury United have been protecting.

That's two players I considered for my team out (or in De Bruyne's case, likely ruled out)…
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited June 2021 Posts: 23,346
    Are there any more people interested in Euro's 2020 Fantasy Football, there are 7 days to go. Details below...
    0Z7JgmY.png

Hi all FPL fans come join the fun with Euro 2020 Fantasy Football, the code for joining the Back of the Net! league is...

60L0PQKP04

Here is the Link to register and set up your Team...

https://gaming.uefa.com/en/uefaeuro2020

Here is the League Link...

https://gaming.uefa.com/en/uefaeuro2020fantasyfootball/leagues/60L0PQKP04/004200610063006B0020006F006600200074006800650020004E006500740021/

wtip4Py.png
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Bump! (Re: Previous post)
  • edited June 2021 Posts: 17,280
    Copied the original post and posted it on the "Back of the net" thread, in case anyone there who isn't active with FPL wants to join :-)
    Copied the original post and posted it on the "Back of the net" thread, in case anyone there who isn't active with FPL wants to join :-)

Cheers, hopefully we will get a few more people involved. I joined the Lets Talk FPL league also. Will check later to see what other Leagues are going on.

Cheers, hopefully we will get a few more people involved. I joined the Lets Talk FPL league also. Will check later to see what other Leagues are going on.

I'll have to join that one too! Haven't looked much at my team this last 3-4 days. Should probably take some time to make a few new drafts before the deadline.

I'll have to join that one too! Haven't looked much at my team this last 3-4 days. Should probably take some time to make a few new drafts before the deadline.

Not changed my team since last week, wanted all the friendly's to finish. There is one striker I am considering though not sure if they will start. My defence is pretty nailed on now and so is most of my midfield. I currently have two England midfielders though which maybe a risk.
    Looking forward to watching a lot of competitive football over the next few weeks! :-bd
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Looking forward to watching a lot of competitive football over the next few weeks! :-bd

You should join our Fantasy Football League mate for the Euros.

Cant wait for the Euros to start, I have 3 weeks off from Friday to watch all the games lol

Cant wait for the Euros to start, I have 3 weeks off from Friday to watch all the games lol

My god you will od!!!! @-) :))

I would be hopeless at the whole fantasy league, I'm a Norwich fan! :-j

I have only been playing it since the last World Cup, to be honest with the Euro's I really am not that clued up with players outside the bigger European countries .

I have only been playing it since the last World Cup, to be honest with the Euro's I really am not that clued up with players outside the bigger European countries .

It will be fun to watch your progress?! :-bd

Not changed my team since last week, wanted all the friendly's to finish. There is one striker I am considering though not sure if they will start. My defence is pretty nailed on now and so is most of my midfield. I currently have two England midfielders though which maybe a risk.

Same here. Didn't want to invest too much time with drafts until the friendlies were over. Will try to find some time to settle on a formation tomorrow, then do the last bit of planning before the Friday night deadline.

I'm currently without any England players; it will either be Kane or no England assets, I think. Too difficult to pick from the rest of that squad.

I need to read the rules first :))

Same here. Didn't want to invest too much time with drafts until the friendlies were over. Will try to find some time to settle on a formation tomorrow, then do the last bit of planning before the Friday night deadline.

I'm currently without any England players; it will either be Kane or no England assets, I think. Too difficult to pick from the rest of that squad.

God just by chance learnt about the Captaincy rule, you can chamge Captaincy within a gameweek. Re: if say your Captaincy fails on one day of the gameweek you can change Captain to someone playing tomorrow within the same gameweek if I heard correctly.

I really need to get my head round this, will have to wait till Friday as not got any time during the week.

My latest draft I have managed to have 3 million still left in the bank.

Must watch...

I am going to have to listen to this about ten times, a lot to take in. In fact I am going to print out all the fixtures and put on my notice board so I can stratergize @-)
    Bump!

One day to go until the deadline of Euro 2020 Fantasy League GW1, details above for those who would like to join our league.

God just by chance learnt about the Captaincy rule, you can chamge Captaincy within a gameweek. Re: if say your Captaincy fails on one day of the gameweek you can change Captain to someone playing tomorrow within the same gameweek if I heard correctly.

I really need to get my head round this, will have to wait till Friday as not got any time during the week.

Must watch...

I am going to have to listen to this about ten times, a lot to take in. In fact I am going to print out all the fixtures and put on my notice board so I can stratergize @-)

Nice! Better have a second look at the rules too before the deadline tomorrow.

Still no closer to landing a gameweek 1 team yet, but I have a few teams I want to cover.

Must watch...

Still no closer to landing a gameweek 1 team yet, but I have a few teams I want to cover.

7 hours to go... I need to get my head round the sub rules lol All the additional changes to the game will make it interesting, certainly the in game management aspect.

My team is not far off, its my midfield i am having issues with, not many stand out options at any price.

A few key pints to consider...

Manual substitutions

Between matchdays, you can make as many subs within your squad as you like.

After all matches on a single day have finished and before the next matches within that matchday kick off, you can:

Sub out a maximum of four players (unless they've been sent off), and replace them with any of your substitutes whose teams are yet to play within the matchday. Any players that you sub out will score zero points for that matchday
    Change your captain to another player from your squad whose team are yet to play. Your original captain's double-points bonus will be lost, and your new captain's score for that matchday will be doubled.
    I think my team is about ready, I only have one player who is a bench warmer. I have backed three teams strongly in the first round of matches which could backfire.

Edited: Changed my team about 15 times lol I have not got a clue how these games are going to play out.

Must watch...

7 hours to go... I need to get my head round the sub rules lol All the additional changes to the game will make it interesting, certainly the in game management aspect.

My team is not far off, its my midfield i am having issues with, not many stand out options at any price.

A few key pints to consider...

Manual substitutions

Between matchdays, you can make as many subs within your squad as you like.

After all matches on a single day have finished and before the next matches within that matchday kick off, you can:

Sub out a maximum of four players (unless they've been sent off), and replace them with any of your substitutes whose teams are yet to play within the matchday. Any players that you sub out will score zero points for that matchday
    Change your captain to another player from your squad whose team are yet to play. Your original captain's double-points bonus will be lost, and your new captain's score for that matchday will be doubled.

Really had to concentrate picking a starting eleven while having the sub rules in mind. I will no doubt forget it and mess up subs during the tournament, haha!
    I think my team is about ready, I only have one player who is a bench warmer. I have backed three teams strongly in the first round of matches which could backfire.

Edited: Changed my team about 15 times lol I have not got a clue how these games are going to play out.

Finally managed to pick a team too. It's been a busy day, so I haven't had time to watch the Youtube videos I planned on getting through. Can only hope the team I ended up with isn't a disaster!
    gHeZKt1.png
    The team I eventually went with, I was changing things at the last minute lol I will just wing it otherwise i will tie myself in knots with the rules etc.
    gHeZKt1.png
    The team I eventually went with, I was changing things at the last minute lol I will just wing it otherwise i will tie myself in knots with the rules etc.

That's a really strong team! Didn't find a way to squeeze in many premiums myself, but at least we got more chances to change our teams a bit than in FPL, having two transfers for each matchday.

My team ended up like this:

Lukaku - Griezmann - Depay
    Sané - Zieliński - Berardi
    Bonucci - Mæhle - Kjær - Denayer
    Hradecky
    (Bachmann - Jota - P. Torres - Négo)
    gHeZKt1.png

That's a really strong team! Didn't find a way to squeeze in many premiums myself, but at least we got more chances to change our teams a bit than in FPL, having two transfers for each matchday.

Hradecky

Good side, I was reluctant to get many group of death players in though I expect Portugal to do well against Hungary. I had Kane then remembered how poor we are in first games of Euro's. I will likely hit my wildcard in Matchday 2.
    Berardi shot deflected into Turkey net own goal, will he get an assist... He does great stuff he is my captain currently.
    Get in more points Spinazzola assist, Imobile goal.

Berardi off injured, Italy have looked very good, I had them as potential winners with Mancini's pedigree as a club manager. Turkey looked very poor though.
    gHeZKt1.png

Hradecky

Good side, I was reluctant to get many group of death players in though I expect Portugal to do well against Hungary. I had Kane then remembered how poor we are in first games of Euro's. I will likely hit my wildcard in Matchday 2.

Indeed, picking players from that group is a bit risky. Expect I will hit the wildcard button early too, but I might try and keep it just a little longer than Matchday 2.
    Berardi shot deflected into Turkey net own goal, will he get an assist... He does great stuff he is my captain currently.

Berardi off injured, Italy have looked very good, I had them as potential winners with Mancini's pedigree as a club manager. Turkey looked very poor though.

Good second half by Italy, though as you mention, Turkey were poor.

In hindsight I wish I had found a spot for Immobile or Insigne too, but I wanted to cover quite a few teams. TV2 and NRK - the channels that share the Euro rights here in Norway, launched their own Euro Fantasy game which sticks closer to the regular FPL rules. I'm in a league in that game too, and made sure to pick Immobile and Insigne there – as well as Donnarumma.
    gHeZKt1.png

Hradecky

Indeed, picking players from that group is a bit risky. Expect I will hit the wildcard button early too, but I might try and keep it just a little longer than Matchday 2.

In hindsight I wish I had found a spot for Immobile or Insigne too, but I wanted to cover quite a few teams. TV2 and NRK - the channels that share the Euro rights here in Norway, launched their own Euro Fantasy game which sticks closer to the regular FPL rules. I'm in a league in that game too, and made sure to pick Immobile and Insigne there – as well as Donnarumma.

Bonucci and Insigne were in my final draft, though soon as I saw the starting line up and Berardi and Spinazzola were starting I switched which allowed me to free funds to put both Ronaldo and Bruno in my squad.

I think Italy will be good value in the group stages certainly playing at home.
    The fun part of the game begins, Captain choices... Stick or Twist?

I have changed my Captain for todays games, though no substitutes used which was a no brainer.
    gHeZKt1.png

Hradecky

Bonucci and Insigne were in my final draft, though soon as I saw the starting line up and Berardi and Spinazzola were starting I switched which allowed me to free funds to put both Ronaldo and Bruno in my squad.

That might prove a good decision in the end. Had no way of fitting Ronaldo and Bruno in my team, which is one of the main weaknesses of the team I ended up with. I will of course keep an eye on both, and should they score big in the first matchday already, I will have to consider how to get them in.

I have changed my Captain for todays games, though no substitutes used which was a no brainer.

Yes! Sticking or twisting with the captains is probably the thing I like the most about the Euro Fantasy game. Keeping the armband on Berardi was an option, but I decided to chase the upside and placing the armband on Lukaku for today's game against Russia. I think Russia might be a tricky opponent, but Lukaku has been in great form this season.
    gHeZKt1.png

Hradecky

That might prove a good decision in the end. Had no way of fitting Ronaldo and Bruno in my team, which is one of the main weaknesses of the team I ended up with. I will of course keep an eye on both, and should they score big in the first matchday already, I will have to consider how to get them in.

Yes! Sticking or twisting with the captains is probably the thing I like the most about the Euro Fantasy game. Keeping the armband on Berardi was an option, but I decided to chase the upside and placing the armband on Lukaku for today's game against Russia. I think Russia might be a tricky opponent, but Lukaku has been in great form this season.

I put the armband on Lukaku also with Depay and Ronaldo stand out choices for captaincy later on in my team. Not sure what to expect from Russia.
    gHeZKt1.png

Hradecky

I put the armband on Lukaku also with Depay and Ronaldo stand out choices for captaincy later on in my team. Not sure what to expect from Russia.

Yes, I have Depay as an option for the armband too, should Lukaku not deliver against Russia. Don't know what to expect from Russia, but they do have some decent players, like Artjom Dziuba and Aleksandr Golovin.