The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Banking my transfer this week, Son seems ready to play. My only flagged player is Rashford at this point. still undecided at who to Captain.
    Banking my transfer this week, Son seems ready to play. My only flagged player is Rashford at this point. still undecided at who to Captain.

Ended up making a transfer myself – Alonso in for Dunk. It's not something I considered early on, as my bench is bound to punish me. But it was an opportunity to target a player not that highly owned in the game. Kane captain.
    Hope everyone remembered to get their teams in order for this gameweek. Here are the gameweek 30 captaincy picks!
    Kane: 8
    Fernandes: 5
    Martial: 1
    Son: 1
    Salah: 1
    De Bruyne: 1
    Vardy: 1

It's not often we see captaincy picks backed by this many, but for this gameweek it's no surprise to see Kane and Fernandes the most captained players in out league, with both having very favourable fixtures. I expect other options – like Son – will do well too. Good luck everyone!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Ended up making a transfer myself – Alonso in for Dunk. It's not something I considered early on, as my bench is bound to punish me. But it was an opportunity to target a player not that highly owned in the game. Kane captain.

Been fixing my bike so missed deadline, Alonso were you watching LetsTalkFPL by any chance?
  • edited April 2021 Posts: 17,241

Been fixing my bike so missed deadline, Alonso were you watching LetsTalkFPL by any chance?

No, haven't had the chance to watch Let's Talk FPL this week. He mentioned him?

…not that the transfer has worked out perfectly. West Brom 1-2 up at half-time… :-&

…not that the transfer has worked out perfectly. West Brom 1-2 up at half-time… :-&
    Yeah Alonso was mentioned on the pre deadline show.

I was going to say Alonso got an assist then checked score again and West Brom are in the lead all of a sudden.

Yeah Alonso was mentioned on the pre deadline show.

I was going to say Alonso got an assist then checked score again and West Brom are in the lead all of a sudden.

I see. He was on my mind in these last 48 hours or so. I thought since I had no other transfers I needed to do, and with the WC in hand, I could take a punt. Looked promising with that assist. Now, not so much…
    Chelsea 1 - 3 West Brom, did not see this result. Not really looked at fixtures this GW and was worried not having a Chelsea defender initially.
    Chelsea 1 - 3 West Brom, did not see this result. Not really looked at fixtures this GW and was worried not having a Chelsea defender initially.

1-4…

1-4…

Wow unbeaten Tuchel run over.

1-4…

Wow unbeaten Tuchel run over.

With a bang. I see teams with both double and triple Chelsea defence; that must feel so frustrating right now.
    And it's 2-5! :-O
    edited April 2021 Posts: 23,107

:-O

How many points is Alonso on?

:-O

How many points is Alonso on?

3. 2 for playing full 90 mins, 3 for the assist, and -2 for the goals conceded. Might as well have saved the transfer, even though I'm likely to play the wildcard before gameweek 31.
    Raphina assist Good start for my players, I have three Leeds assets still.

Just watched West Brom highlights they tore Chelsea's terrible defence to pieces.

Just watched West Brom highlights they tore Chelsea's terrible defence to pieces.

Happy with the Raphinha points, but frustrating that Leeds didn't manage to get a clean sheet. Dallas could have scored as well.

Happy with the Raphinha points, but frustrating that Leeds didn't manage to get a clean sheet. Dallas could have scored as well.

I watch the first half Leeds should have scored more though i had a feeling they may concede with there gung ho tactics.

City winning did not hurt too much as I currently only have Ederson.

I watch the first half Leeds should have scored more though i had a feeling they may concede with there gung ho tactics.

City winning did not hurt too much as I currently only have Ederson.

Yes, we can't trust Leeds to deliver clean sheets, that's for sure. I'll probably go without a Leeds defender on my wildcard.

Had three City players this gameweek, but only Dias played. Bale and Watkins to come on from the bench. I fear I might miss out on points with Targett third on the bench (I meant to put Targett second sub, but forgot to change the bench order before the deadline).
    I thought Arsenal would get something tonight, Jota and Salah on the score sheet so far.
    I thought Arsenal would get something tonight, Jota and Salah on the score sheet so far.

No chance, IMO. Without Saka and Smith-Rowe, this team is relegation material unfortunately. Perfect team to face for Liverpool going into the business end of the season.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Should have picked Jota this gw after he scored some goals for portugal last week.
    Son on the bench... Great
    Should have picked Jota this gw after he scored some goals for portugal last week.

It was tempting to bring him in, that's for sure!
    Son on the bench... Great

Looks to be one of those gameweeks where a lot of highly owned players misses out – or only makes a cameo appearance. I imagine we will see some great autosub scores!
    My Captain choice hurt this GW, going forward with United struggling for goal's I think I need to ignore Bruno for most fixtures.

Lingard is on fire, I bet Ole is wondering why he let him go out on loan. If we do sell him at least his stock has risen.
    My Captain choice hurt this GW, going forward with United struggling for goal's I think I need to ignore Bruno for most fixtures.

Lingard is on fire, I bet Ole is wondering why he let him go out on loan. If we do sell him at least his stock has risen.

This turned out to be one of those gameweeks where the captaincy points had a big impact on the gameweek score. I won't be surprised if we see some more gameweeks like this before the end of the season. Bruno is the source of goals for United though, so he should still be under consideration when fixtures are favourable.

I saw someone make a point that Lingard might be a better fit for a team like West Ham rather than United, where teams might sit deep to avoid conceding goals. It's definitely worked out for him so far!
    _______

A bit late, but here's the gameweek 30 update! Gameweek 30 was one of those gameweeks where many teams and fixtures looked good on paper, yet failed to deliver. Who would have thought Chelsea would get hammered by West Brom at home? Despite the overall average being 46 points, we still got some good scores in our league – with Dinamo Skruknott getting the highest score of 73 points.

dJ6BBoc.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: ☆Fa3inho FC☆/False 9 FC
    GW 2: Honesty FC
    GW 3: MEJICO POWA
    GW 4: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 5: Cremonese-killen
    GW 6: MEJICO POWA
    GW 7: ☆Fa3inho FC☆
    GW 8: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 9: Colombian Sly Foxes
    GW 10: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 11: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 12: Honesty FC
    GW 13: Mesut Özil
    GW 14: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 15: Ayew Crazy !
    GW 16: Honesty FC
    GW 17: MEJICO POWA
    GW 18: False 9 FC
    GW 19: Colombian Sly Foxes
    GW 20: Para bailar Lallana!
    GW 21: Team Extreme
    GW 22: Honesty FC
    GW 23: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 24: Team Extreme
    GW 25: Ayew Crazy!
    GW 26: False 9 FC
    GW 27: BAMSI BEYYEM/Para bailar Lallana!
    GW 28: Shoots...he scores
    GW 29: Team Extreme
    GW 29: Dinamo Skruknott
    League table standings:

1. Dinamo Skruknott: GW 73 – TOT 1936
    2. Team Extreme: GW 62 – TOT 1876
    3. Colombian Sly Foxes: GW 50 – TOT 1810
    4. Ayew Crazy!: GW 56 – TOT 1793
    5. Liverpool Richmond: GW 67 – TOT 1791
    6. Cremonese-killen: GW 58 – TOT 1756
    7. MEJICO POWA: GW 52 – TOT 1719
    8. Honesty FC: GW 46 – TOT 1669
    9. LVLA Skopje 05: GW 53 – TOT 1633
    10. False 9 FC: GW 63 – TOT 1613
    11. BAMSI BEYYEM: GW 65 – TOT 1602
    12. Shoots...he scores: GW 37 – TOT 1535
    13. Eze Peze JapanEze: GW 27 – TOT 1516
    14. Para bailar Lallana!: GW 57 – TOT 1474
    15. GoldyTheRefStars: GW 35 – TOT 1468
    16. ☆Fa3inho FC☆: GW 61 – TOT 1446
    17. Anfield FC: GW 52 – TOT 1289
    18. Raging Bulls: GW 24 – TOT 1225
    _______

We got a Friday night deadline this gameweek, so make sure to have your teams ready by the 18:30 (UK time) deadline!
    Congratulations Dinamo Skruknott

I will be glad when this season is over been stuck around the same rank for months :))
    Congratulations Dinamo Skruknott

I will be glad when this season is over been stuck around the same rank for months :))

It's a very tricky season we're having, IMO. Players seem to lose form as fast as they find it, so it's difficult to know when to bring in a player or transfer them out. That's why I'm a bit worried that playing the wildcard now might backfire: the fixtures turn for several teams, and I might change as much as 2/3 of my team – but what looks good on paper might not work out.
    Here are the gameweek 31 captaincy picks!
    Salah: 3
    Fernandes: 3
    De Bruyne: 2
    Vardy: 2
    Calvert-Lewin: 2
    Kane: 2
    Martial: 1
    Son: 1
    Richarlison: 1
    Iheanacho: 1

Gameweek 31 is a tricky gameweek for captaincy picks, which shows in this list as well. Rarely are the most captained players in our league only captained by three managers. Salah and Fernandes are backed by most managers in our league this gameweek, with De Bruyne, Vardy, Calvert-Lewin and Kane all captained by two managers each. Good luck everyone!
    Just woke up totally forgot about deadline today, I was going to make some additional transfers oh well :))

Just checked my team I have 3 players flagged dam!

My Captaincy was on Kane.
    Just woke up totally forgot about deadline today, I was going to make some additional transfers oh well :))

Just checked my team I have 3 players flagged dam!

My Captaincy was on Kane.

I've been lucky not to forget the deadline any gameweeks this season, but there's been a few times I've just made it, haha!

Only Antonio was flagged in my pre-wildcard team. I picked Shaw even though he's flagged though, but I have the fixtures after this gameweek in mind for him.

I picked Salah in the end. It's not a captaincy I'm very confident in, but there weren't many other options IMO – at least out of the players I picked on the wildcard.