The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

Just made one transfer for the blank so have 9 platers now, it was my free transfer. It makes no sense to take hits now with so few games. I will go with 9 unless disaster hits my team.

I have played all my chips been mostly disasters lol I am pretty much on auto pilot with this season now. I am looking forward to Euros 2020 Fantasy Football assuming it goes ahead.

Many will have far fewer players in play next gameweek, so not taking a hit can actually be a rank boost alone.

I have the wildcard and Triple Captain left, but with few likely doubles left, I doubt the TC will make much difference. The wildcard will give me the posibility to reshuffle the team a bit, but there a risk in doing that too.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I bring in Son for this GW and he goes off injured, typical.

Ouch! Had a bad feeling about making any transfers this gameweek. Decided to save the FT to have more options for next weekend.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Ouch! Had a bad feeling about making any transfers this gameweek. Decided to save the FT to have more options for next weekend.

I am a strong believer in that you make your own luck, though in FPL this season decisions have rarely worked out well. I considered Bale though was not convinced he would start regularly.
  • edited March 2021 Posts: 17,241

I am a strong believer in that you make your own luck, though in FPL this season decisions have rarely worked out well. I considered Bale though was not convinced he would start regularly.

Yes, I was too worried about playing time to bring in Bale too. If he was a regular starter, he'd be a good option on current form.

You make your own luck by making good decisions, but decisions that look good on paper don't necessarily work out in FPL. All we can do really is to target form and fixtures, look at stats when possible, and take a few punts now and then.
    Rashford starts thank god.
    Annoying Fernandes (C) didn't get anything from this game, though I did expect this game to be a low scoring one.
    A rather uneventful gameweek 28 is over, and it was a low scoring one. Most of the popular captain picks failed to deliver, and we only got a gameweek average of 43 points. Still, there were some pretty impressive scores in our league – best of all was Shoots...he scores, scoring 73 points and finishing with a gameweek rank of 77 242 – congratulations! =D>

SG5ltHn.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: ☆Fa3inho FC☆/False 9 FC
    GW 2: Honesty FC
    GW 3: MEJICO POWA
    GW 4: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 5: Cremonese-killen
    GW 6: MEJICO POWA
    GW 7: ☆Fa3inho FC☆
    GW 8: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 9: Colombian Sly Foxes
    GW 10: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 11: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 12: Honesty FC
    GW 13: Mesut Özil
    GW 14: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 15: Ayew Crazy !
    GW 16: Honesty FC
    GW 17: MEJICO POWA
    GW 18: False 9 FC
    GW 19: Colombian Sly Foxes
    GW 20: Para bailar Lallana!
    GW 21: Team Extreme
    GW 22: Honesty FC
    GW 23: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 24: Team Extreme
    GW 25: Ayew Crazy!
    GW 26: False 9 FC
    GW 27: BAMSI BEYYEM/Para bailar Lallana!
    GW 28: Shoots...he scores
    League table standings:

1. Dinamo Skruknott: GW47 - TOT 1811
    2. Team Extreme: GW 48 - TOT 1765
    3. Colombian Sly Foxes: GW 44 - TOT 1719
    4. Ayew Crazy!: GW 48 - TOT 1709
    5. Liverpool Richmond: GW 52 -TOT 1673
    6. Cremonese-killen: GW 37 - TOT 1653
    7. MEJICO POWA: GW 43 - TOT 1632
    8. Honesty FC: GW 45 - TOT 1594
    9. LVLA Skopje 05: GW 53 - TOT 1543
    10. False 9 FC: GW 66 - TOT 1506
    11. Shoots...he scores: GW 73 - TOT 1494
    12. BAMSI BEYYEM: GW 63 - TOT 1492
    13. Eze Peze JapanEze: GW 49 - TOT 1482
    14. GoldyTheRefStars: GW 34 - TOT 1424
    15. ☆Fa3inho FC☆: GW 40 - TOT 1382
    16. Para bailar Lallana!: GW 46 - TOT 1374
    17. Anfield FC: GW 22 - TOT 1236
    18. Raging Bulls: GW 27 - TOT 1199
    Congrats to recent weekly winners.

Bamford declared fit though Son Red flagged gr, Football scout made a good point that Son even if fit may not play because of upcoming International Break, if he does not play against Fulham they can keep him in the UK.

I will wait until after Europa League games to make a decision. I may just bench Son and bring in another blank week player for a hit.

Bamford declared fit though Son Red flagged gr, Football scout made a good point that Son even if fit may not play because of upcoming International Break, if he does not play against Fulham they can keep him in the UK.

I will wait until after Europa League games to make a decision. I may just bench Son and bring in another blank week player for a hit.

That's my thinking too. I'll wait until after the EL games before thinking of transfers. In a gameweek with so few teams playing, it will be very annoying to make early transfers, only to learn that the player(s) you bring in won't be available.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited March 2021 Posts: 2,341

Son could be out for weeks if it's a hamstring injury ?

Got 7 players this gw but 2 goalies....... :))

Yes, if it's his hamstring, that would be likely. Not that I trust José to give us a reliable update :))

Could be worse! You just have to make a decision if it's worth bringing in another player (or players) for this gameweek, or focus on the gameweeks ahead instead. I got my wildcard left, so I could focus on this gameweek, before playing the wildcard either next gameweek or the one after that.

Yes, if it's his hamstring, that would be likely. Not that I trust José to give us a reliable update :))

Could be worse! You just have to make a decision if it's worth bringing in another player (or players) for this gameweek, or focus on the gameweeks ahead instead. I got my wildcard left, so I could focus on this gameweek, before playing the wildcard either next gameweek or the one after that.

You're doing well. Are you in the money from your leagues ?

Just the one. We've divided the money we chipped in as monthly prices as well as an overall winner price, so there's more chances at winning something. Those around me in that league are doing really well though, and there's not much that differentiate each team, so it will be quite the fight to get to that #1 spot!
    I got Raphina in for a hit, so glad I did.

Just the one. We've divided the money we chipped in as monthly prices as well as an overall winner price, so there's more chances at winning something. Those around me in that league are doing really well though, and there's not much that differentiate each team, so it will be quite the fight to get to that #1 spot!

Well done. How many leagues are you in ? What are the highest ranked players ?
    I got Raphina in for a hit, so glad I did.

Glad I own him already! My mini league rivals captained him though, so I'm falling behind even more…

Well done. How many leagues are you in ? What are the highest ranked players ?

Oh, I'm in several – 15 in total. But only the one is a money league though. The guy currently leading in that league is 63k overall rank at the moment – 23 points ahead of me. Most of the other leagues are much bigger leagues, with people way up in the rankings, so no chances there.
    A bit busy going into the weekend, so I didn't have the chance to check the captaincies until now. Anyway, here are the gameweek 29 captaincy picks!
    Kane: 7
    Raphinha: 3
    Martial: 1
    Son: 1
    Salah: 1
    De Bruyne: 1
    Watkins: 1
    Cresswell: 1
    Gündogan: 1
    Lacazette: 1

In a gameweek with very few games, the captaincy options are limited. It's no surprise then, to see Kane the most captained player in our league, backed by seven managers. Raphinha is the only player that comes close, picked by three managers. As for the other captains, we can assume that several teams are now inactive. Let's hope these managers will be back next season. Good luck everyone!
    Bringing Dunk in paid off I was hoping one or both teams to get a clean sheet. I have Lascelles also which had me covered in case.
    Son looking unlikely
    Bringing Dunk in paid off I was hoping one or both teams to get a clean sheet. I have Lascelles also which had me covered in case.
    Son looking unlikely

Happy with the Brighton clean sheet, but I had Veltman and Trossard lined up two minutes before the deadline, before shifting to Dunk and Bale… Small decisions, but it's likely to affect my overall rank negatively not going with the first two.
    OK score from four games though I took an 8 point Hit.

Did alright in the end too, but transferring in Bale instead of Trossard is without a doubt my worst decision this season! :-&

Did alright in the end too, but transferring in Bale instead of Trossard is without a doubt my worst decision this season! :-&

I looked at Brighton attackers briefly, I was not expecting many goals. Son not featuring hurt and Cresswell got 0 points. 57 points in the end is a minor miracle.
  • edited March 2021 Posts: 17,241

I looked at Brighton attackers briefly, I was not expecting many goals. Son not featuring hurt and Cresswell got 0 points. 57 points in the end is a minor miracle.

57 points is a great score – especially considering Son didn't feature and Cresswell scored 0 points. Even with no points from those two, you also managed to become our gameweek 29 winner – congratulations! =D>

SaWehhd.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 29: Team Extreme
    League table standings:

1. Dinamo Skruknott: GW 52 - TOT 1863
    2. Team Extreme: GW 57 - TOT 1814
    3. Colombian Sly Foxes: GW 41 - TOT 1760
    4. Ayew Crazy!: GW 40 - TOT 1737
    5. Liverpool Richmond: GW 51 - TOT 1724
    6. Cremonese-killen: GW 49 - TOT 1698
    7. MEJICO POWA: GW 35 - TOT 1667
    8. Honesty FC: GW 29 - TOT 1623
    9. LVLA Skopje 05: GW 37 - 1580
    10. False 9 FC: GW 44 - TOT 1550
    11. BAMSI BEYYEM: GW 45 - TOT 1537
    12. Shoots...he scores: GW 4 - TOT 1498
    13. Eze Peze JapanEze: GW 7 - TOT 1489
    14. GoldyTheRefStars: GW 9 - TOT 1433
    15. Para bailar Lallana!: GW 43 - TOT 1417
    16. ☆Fa3inho FC☆: GW 3 - TOT 1385
    17. Anfield FC: GW 1 - TOT 1237
    18. Raging Bull: GW 2 - TOT 1201

______

We don't get another deadline until 3 April, now that there's another international break. Make sure to keep an eye on injuries, and have your teams ready for gameweek 30!

57 points is a great score – especially considering Son didn't feature and Cresswell scored 0 points. Even with no points from those two, you also managed to become our gameweek 29 winner – congratulations! =D>

SaWehhd.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

League table standings:

______

We don't get another deadline until 3 April, now that there's another international break. Make sure to keep an eye on injuries, and have your teams ready for gameweek 30!

Glad there is a break a few of my players definately need a rest and I expect a few to not turn up for Internationals.

SaWehhd.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

League table standings:

______

Glad there is a break a few of my players definately need a rest and I expect a few to not turn up for Internationals.

I imagine the break might come at a good point for many players and several teams. It doesn't make transfer planning any easier as we don't know who'll be fit and in form after the internationals or not, so I'll likely just save a transfer unless there are confirmed injuries going into next gameweek.
    GW 32 Double GW for Spurs
    z5qZkLX.png
    GW 33 Blank GW (presumably because of cup final).
    RHKndSU.png
    Great to get some confirmation re. doubles and blanks. Three Sp*rs assets for gameweek 32 looks tempting.
    Great to get some confirmation re. doubles and blanks. Three Sp*rs assets for gameweek 32 looks tempting.

I already have two though still waiting on Son, he may be ok by then?

I already have two though still waiting on Son, he may be ok by then?

Haven't read up on injury news, but I guess we just have to wait and see. If fit, he's on my list.