The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Crikey Kane got me 20 points

Captain?

Yeah boosted me up the table
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Richarlison called up to Brazil squad
    If Jose goes Zidane will be first choice

No doubt about that! Just found it interesting spotting Ranieri at two different matches in one weekend. More managers in trouble if current results continue, though.

Arsenal haven't started too well either, but I doubt they'll sack Emery early if he doesn't deliver points. The club need to think long-term about his appointment. Not going to hide my doubts after these three first games, though. Arsenal have been horrible.

Emery needs a season or two to implement his ideas, Ranieri I noticed myself maybe irrelevant or more is going on behind the scenes than we realise.

…and a couple of transfer windows, at least. Hoping for a top four finish, although I think it's very unlikely given the start Arsenal's had.

Ranieri might just attend matches as a football fan, but I have no doubt he'll be on the list of some football owners in England, should it be necessary to bring someone new in.

Emery has a clear way of playing its obvious he needs a change in personnel, your keeper and defence will change I think.

Leno will surely start ahead of Čech at some point, but I think Emery's been starting with Čech because of the experience he has both as a keeper, and within the PL. The defence is horrible though. Not sold on the Papastathopoulos/Mustafi partnership as of yet, and controversial opinion as it may be – I think Lichtsteiner should start ahead of Bellerín for a few matches. Monreal by far the better defender still.

Emery will want defenders who can play out with the ball.

That he will. I just find Bellerín to be too bad defensively, and Lichtsteiner isn't a bad defender, even though he's getting older.

Captain?

Playing him captain against your own team. Did you expect the result…?

That might be a reason to wait getting him. Could get injured during the international games. Happened with a couple of players I had in my team last year (if I remember correctly).

No doubt about that! Just found it interesting spotting Ranieri at two different matches in one weekend. More managers in trouble if current results continue, though.

Arsenal haven't started too well either, but I doubt they'll sack Emery early if he doesn't deliver points. The club need to think long-term about his appointment. Not going to hide my doubts after these three first games, though. Arsenal have been horrible.

Emery needs a season or two to implement his ideas, Ranieri I noticed myself maybe irrelevant or more is going on behind the scenes than we realise.

…and a couple of transfer windows, at least. Hoping for a top four finish, although I think it's very unlikely given the start Arsenal's had.

Ranieri might just attend matches as a football fan, but I have no doubt he'll be on the list of some football owners in England, should it be necessary to bring someone new in.

Emery has a clear way of playing its obvious he needs a change in personnel, your keeper and defence will change I think.

Leno will surely start ahead of Čech at some point, but I think Emery's been starting with Čech because of the experience he has both as a keeper, and within the PL. The defence is horrible though. Not sold on the Papastathopoulos/Mustafi partnership as of yet, and controversial opinion as it may be – I think Lichtsteiner should start ahead of Bellerín for a few matches. Monreal by far the better defender still.

That he will. I just find Bellerín to be too bad defensively, and Lichtsteiner isn't a bad defender, even though he's getting older.

Captain?

That might be a reason to wait getting him. Could get injured during the international games. Happened with a couple of players I had in my team last year (if I remember correctly).

Kane will be my Captain all season. I posted a few days ago I expected United to lose. Gr

Captain?

Kane will be my Captain all season. I posted a few days ago I expected United to lose. Gr

Set and forget captain? That's a bold move – as if captaining him away at Old Trafford wasn't a gamble enough, hehe! You got that right, though!
    edited August 2018 Posts: 23,060

Captain?

Set and forget captain? That's a bold move – as if captaining him away at Old Trafford wasn't a gamble enough, hehe! You got that right, though!

Kane is prolific and because of the state of my team I went with my gut feeling.
    Bang on...

Captain?

Kane is prolific and because of the state of my team I went with my gut feeling.

That's some gut feeling! Well done doing so.

Bang on...

I didn't know United fans have their own Arsenal Fan TV-like Youtube channel. Watching AFTV is more enjoyable for other teams fans, I think. Honest opinions of the club sometimes, but A LOT of unnecessary rants.

Captain?

Bang on...

I didn't know United fans have their own Arsenal Fan TV-like Youtube channel. Watching AFTV is more enjoyable for other teams fans, I think. Honest opinions of the club sometimes, but A LOT of unnecessary rants.

AFTV have linked up with Full Time Devils in the past. There is also another fan channel called The United Stand which can be very changeable in opinion.

Captain?

Bang on...

AFTV have linked up with Full Time Devils in the past. There is also another fan channel called The United Stand which can be very changeable in opinion.

Changeable in opinion in relation to results, team selections, etc.?

Captain?

Bang on...

Changeable in opinion it can get irritating.

Spent last few hours on my team, I even scouted players on YouTube :))

Captain?

Bang on...

No doubt about that! It's Reminds me of the "Wenger out" folks that brought banners to the matches, but who had nothing but praise to give the man once he left.

FPL is getting to you, haha! I do that sometimes too, with players I'm unfamiliar with.

Captain?

Bang on...

No doubt about that! It's Reminds me of the "Wenger out" folks that brought banners to the matches, but who had nothing but praise to give the man once he left.

FPL is getting to you, haha! I do that sometimes too, with players I'm unfamiliar with.

I will be glad when the wildcard deadline is up.

I find fan channels so fickle one bad result ad its the Ed of the world and you find all the comments ultra negative.

Because United played open attacking football yesterday and lost Jose has in some quarters won fans back, if United had won playing defensive those same fans would say Jose should leave, its ridiculous. All I want is to win matches I don't care how.
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 17,235

Captain?

Bang on...

A little bit glad I've played it myself. Won't have the luxury of tinkering with the team throughout the week, and can only work with the players I brought in, and the transfers to come.
    I find fan channels so fickle one bad result ad its the Ed of the world and you find all the comments ultra negative.
    Agree. It's very often the outer corners of the spectrum with those people; relegation/sacking talk or "winning the league" talk. Depending on the most recent results.
    Because United played open attacking football yesterday and lost Jose has in some quarters won fans back, if United had won playing defensive those same fans would say Jose should leave, its ridiculous. All I want is to win matches I don't care how.

I guess José will have a hard time winning over some fans. I also guess that would be true for any post-Ferguson era manager, unless they win the PL.

Captain?

Bang on...

A little bit glad I've played it myself. Won't have the luxury of tinkering with the team throughout the week, and can only work with the players I brought in, and the transfers to come.
    Agree. It's very often the outer corners of the spectrum with those people; relegation/sacking talk or "winning the league" talk. Depending on the most recent results.

I guess José will have a hard time winning over some fans. I also guess that would be true for any post-Ferguson era manager, unless they win the PL.

Unfortunately some United fans feel entitlement and have a revisionist version of the past. Some fans go on as if United won five nil every week, I remember alot of struggles pre Fergie and during his tenure. The reality is United just don't have the players we did during our various golden era's, United current side is average, alot of the players are not as good as fans make them out to be. Typical example is fans saying they would not swap Lingard for Hazard or swap Martial for Salah which is delusional.

We desperately need at least two defenders, Baily and Lindelof are still young relatively speaking and need a leader in defence to help them.

Captain?

Bang on...

Unfortunately some United fans feel entitlement and have a revisionist version of the past. Some fans go on as if United won five nil every week, I remember alot of struggles pre Fergie and during his tenure. The reality is United just don't have the players we did during our various golden era's, United current side is average, alot of the players are not as good as fans make them out to be. Typical example is fans saying they would not swap Lingard for Hazard or swap Martial for Salah which is delusional.

We desperately need at least two defenders, Baily and Lindelof are still young relatively speaking and need a leader in defence to help them.

It's all to easy to forget the bad games with a legendary manager. It's the same with Wenger, although he didn't leave the position on a high. You need a great squad to win the PL, and as far as this season goes, only Liverpool and City looks to have that. United, Chelsea, Tottenham and Arsenal (especially) are a step or two behind.

Regarding Bailly and Lindelöf, I think both have the qualities to be good options for United, but they need that senior figure alongside them – at least in the tougher fixtures. I remember Lindelöf doing quite well for Sweden during the World Cup, but then he played in a very organized defence led by Andreas Granqvist.

Granqvist had some World Cup, as well. Player of the tournament for me.
    edited August 2018 Posts: 23,060

Captain?

Bang on...

It's all to easy to forget the bad games with a legendary manager. It's the same with Wenger, although he didn't leave the position on a high. You need a great squad to win the PL, and as far as this season goes, only Liverpool and City looks to have that. United, Chelsea, Tottenham and Arsenal (especially) are a step or two behind.

Regarding Bailly and Lindelöf, I think both have the qualities to be good options for United, but they need that senior figure alongside them – at least in the tougher fixtures. I remember Lindelöf doing quite well for Sweden during the World Cup, but then he played in a very organized defence led by Andreas Granqvist.

Hopefully we can get a defender in during January though it will be tough, I would not be surprised if we got Toby Alderweireld next summer for a consirably cheaper price than his current value is, assuming he does not sign a new contract with Spurs.

Captain?

Bang on...

Hopefully we can get a defender in during January though it will be tough, I would not be surprised if we got Toby Alderweireld next summer for a consirably cheaper price than his current value is, assuming he does not sign a new contract with Spurs.

Would be hard to think Alderweireld would sign a new contract at Sp*rs when he surely will get a considerably better wage at United. United is also a bigger club, so there's that factor too. I wonder which (decent) defenders are available in January. Depending on results, Arsenal might need to strengthen already by the new year – and buying someone mid-season won't be cheap. United have an advantage there.
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 17,235
    Game week 3 update!
    Oh Na Na What’s Mané leads the table with a solid lead, and a total of 224 points. It's very close between the teams behind, and we can see there's some good scores is what was a low-scoring game week in FPL.

Oh Na Na What’s Mané - GW: 53 - TOT: 224
    LVLA Skopje 05 - GW: 47 - TOT: 179
    Dinamo Skruknott - GW: 49 - TOT: 176
    We Need Help - GW: 42 - TOT: 173
    TEAM EXTREME - GW: 65 - TOT: 160
    Kloppites - GW: 50 - TOT: 152
    alisson wonderland - GW: 49 - TOT: 150
    The Wizard Rises - GW: 36 - TOT: 148
    Flitwick Flyers - GW: 48 - TOT: 141
    Octobenny - GW: 62 - TOT: 118
    I only have a third of my team playing today though may get a few bonus points, Alonso is consistent for me with a steady points.
    I only have a third of my team playing today though may get a few bonus points, Alonso is consistent for me with a steady points.

My team would have had a nightmare game week without him!

I got rid of Mané and Salah I must be mad, i have a few players in the City v Newcastle game.

I got rid of Mané and Salah I must be mad, i have a few players in the City v Newcastle game.

Getting rid of Mané must hurt! Removed him on my wildcard, and have lost many points with that decision. More difficult fixtures for Liverpool going forward though, so it may pay off long-term.
    edited September 2018 Posts: 23,060

Getting rid of Mané must hurt! Removed him on my wildcard, and have lost many points with that decision. More difficult fixtures for Liverpool going forward though, so it may pay off long-term.

I wanted more depth in quality Mané and Salah cost alot and despite changing numerous times I have stuck with Pogba and Lukaku, over the season they will deliver I hope.
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 17,235

I wanted more depth in quality Mané and Salah cost alot and despite changing numerous times I have stuck with Pogba and Lukaku, over the season they will deliver I hope.

Could happen, but Salah and Mané delivered a lot of points in FPL last year (and are off to a good start this season). José is a factor for Pogba and Lukaku. If he gets the team going, we might see both scoring many points in the game.
    Get in Lukaku come on United!!!!
    Get in Lukaku come on United!!!!

Having a good game week?
    Great passage of play Lukaku gets second

Not great though need my players to fire this afternoon, I backed Lukaku thankfully.
    Great passage of play Lukaku gets second

Not great though need my players to fire this afternoon, I backed Lukaku thankfully.

Better choice than backing Agüero it seems! Will definitely get bonus points too.