NO TIME TO DIE (2021) - Critical Reaction and Box Office Performance

Comments

• MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    You make it sound like you’re being oppressed.
    The_Reaper wrote: »
    This anti-white male garbage deserves to fail. RIP, Bond franchise.

I used to always say that I didn’t mind what race Bond was. My thinking was: the series has always played it fast and loose with the source material, and there‘s nothing about the modern version of the character that really rules out POC actors. But equally, I wouldn’t want them to change his race for the sake of it. So, long as the best possible man gets the job, I’m happy. That was my attitude.

But seeing the ridiculous backlash to NTTD for being so “woke” (for giving a black woman the 007 codename? In a film where Bond, a white man, is still the lead? Even Fleming played around with the codename, it’s meaningless) has changed my mind. I’m now actively hoping the next Bond isn’t white, just so embarassing babies like you never watch a Bond film again.

Kidding of course. We all know you’ll watch it either way, and still bless us with your incredibly nuanced takes that don’t at all scream “I’ve been watching far too many incel Youtubers”.

Whites are less than 10% of the world's population (and shrinking every day) and when the hordes of anti-whites come for you I hope you are prepared.

Oh, jog on.
    At least we can take solace in the fact that Rush Limbaugh is dead.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I'm too busy being upset at Mr Kippling for no longer making their Apple & Custard pies. I'm not letting this go. [-(
    I didn’t know Tucker Carlson posted here.
    TR007 wrote: »
    This anti-white male garbage deserves to fail. RIP, Bond franchise.

I used to always say that I didn’t mind what race Bond was. My thinking was: the series has always played it fast and loose with the source material, and there‘s nothing about the modern version of the character that really rules out POC actors. But equally, I wouldn’t want them to change his race for the sake of it. So, long as the best possible man gets the job, I’m happy. That was my attitude.

But seeing the ridiculous backlash to NTTD for being so “woke” (for giving a black woman the 007 codename? In a film where Bond, a white man, is still the lead? Even Fleming played around with the codename, it’s meaningless) has changed my mind. I’m now actively hoping the next Bond isn’t white, just so embarassing babies like you never watch a Bond film again.

Kidding of course. We all know you’ll watch it either way, and still bless us with your incredibly nuanced takes that don’t at all scream “I’ve been watching far too many incel Youtubers”.

Whites are less than 10% of the world's population (and shrinking every day) and when the hordes of anti-whites come for you I hope you are prepared.

Oh, jog on.

Denial is not just a river in Egypt. Rush and Tucker were/are instruments of the Machine to keep Conservatives thinking voting actually matters. Controlled opposition, in other words. They and many others are fakes, millionaires counting their money and with no desire to help the common person.

When the rest of the West becomes like South Africa, and Whites are hunted, targeted, and punished with impunity, you and the rest of the deniers will realize in hindsight I'm right. It's already happening now, in fact.

Bond is just another example of White erasure, the latest in a long line of Western Civilization being rewritten to fit a multiracial agenda intent on destroying the shared culture of white people. I'm Hispanic, so whatever, but you chaps should get your heads on right and start paying attention to what's happening around you.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Gosh.
    More on topic.

NEWS_LOGO1-removebg-preview-1.png
    Tom Cruise Ready For ‘Box Office War’
    Between James Bond And ‘Top Gun:
    Maverick’?
    https://newscombo.in/tom-cruise-ready-for-box-office-war-between-james-bond-and-top-gun-maverick/

Is Tom Cruise “shaken and stirred” over potential field workplace returns? One report says he’s anxious that Prime Gun: Maverick shall be demolished by the brand new James Bond film No Time To Die when each launch later this 12 months. Gossip Cop investigates.

‘Tom & Bond: Who’s The Prime Gun’
    In response to the Nationwide Enquirer, Cruise is making ready for a battle in November over field workplace supremacy. Prime Gun: Maverick and No Time To Die will twin on the field workplace, leaving Cruise to shake in his boots. A supply says “nobody is extra aggressive Tom and going up in opposition to the brand new 007 movie starring Daniel Craig has put the concern of God into him.”

[More]
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited May 2021 Posts: 23,527
    I don't even want to know how this thread became a place for white angst dander.
    Back to Bond, shall we?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I said it before covid, and I'm saying it again: 1 billion.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    QBranch wrote: »
    I said it before covid, and I'm saying it again: 1 billion.

bucksbillion-1200x520.jpg
    One billion ? How about one shakalakakazmalianshuboomyextralollysmashiaflekillion ?
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    I'll say 700-800 million.

If it were to break a billion, it is going to need Skyfall-esque reviews, which I think is what caused Spectre to underperform in comparison because a majority of the reviews were less than stellar. I remember people on Facebook asking if Spectre was worth it and alot of people weren't that kind about it.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited May 2021 Posts: 17,786
    I'll say 700-800 million.

If it were to break a billion, it is going to need Skyfall-esque reviews, which I think is what caused Spectre to underperform in comparison because a majority of the reviews were less than stellar. I remember people on Facebook asking if Spectre was worth it and alot of people weren't that kind about it.

Yes, it all comes down to what the majority of reviews are saying, be it positive or negative. They either serve to puff the film up and create hype or deflate its changes like a withered balloon. More than that word of mouth (or its equivalent nowadays on social media) is still a big factor in the success of Bond films and for any film in fact. Some things never change in that regard, though technology might. The effect is the same and in fact people's views on the film are disseminated wider than ever before now. It all comes into play in ensuring a film's success or failure.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Odeon confirms vast majority of its cinemas will reopen on May 17 with Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway lined up and No Time To Die later in the year

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9541853/Odeon-confirms-vast-majority-cinemas-reopen-17-No-Time-Die-screens.html

I can’t predict what the box office will be like, but I’m confident that no movie may reach a billion for awhile. Best way of seeing how it might turn out is looking at how other films are doing during the lead up. It’ll be an interesting summer.
    For perspective. Box Office Mojo.

Kong: Skull Island (2017)
    $168,052,812 Domestic (29.7%)
    $398,600,000 International (70.3%)
    $566,652,812 Worldwide

Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019)
    $110,500,138 Domestic (28.6%)
    $276,100,000 International (71.4%)
    $386,600,138 Worldwide

Godzilla vs. Kong (2021)
    https://www.boxofficemojo.com/title/tt5034838/?ref_=bo_se_r_1
    $90,390,000 Domestic (21.7%)
    $325,200,000 International (78.3%)
    $415,590,000 Worldwide

For that last one, still in theaters, I note a 26 March release and a $185.5 million gross in China to date.

I think Bond can do okay. Maybe $1 billion okay, something to watch.

• DwayneDwayne New York City
    For perspective. Box Office Mojo.

Kong: Skull Island (2017)
    $168,052,812 Domestic (29.7%)
    $398,600,000 International (70.3%)
    $566,652,812 Worldwide

Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019)
    $110,500,138 Domestic (28.6%)
    $276,100,000 International (71.4%)
    $386,600,138 Worldwide

Godzilla vs. Kong (2021)
    https://www.boxofficemojo.com/title/tt5034838/?ref_=bo_se_r_1
    $90,390,000 Domestic (21.7%)
    $325,200,000 International (78.3%)
    $415,590,000 Worldwide

For that last one, still in theaters, I note a 26 March release and a $185.5 million gross in China to date.

I think Bond can do okay. Maybe $1 billion okay, something to watch.

Also note, that Godzilla vs. Kong has not been release in Japan as yet.

https://www.scifijapan.com/godzilla-toho/toho-postpones-japanese-theatrical-release-of-godzilla-vs-kong

Also note....I hadn't seen it yet! So that should be good for +$50,000 US :-)
    I think somewhere between CR/QOS and Spectre numbers is what NTTD can achieve in cinemas. $1BN is a lofty goal, but let F9 be the true guinea pig for the action/adventure genre. It begins its global campaign in 2 weeks.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    with a grain of salt since half their money is from like china which has been 100% normal for a while now
    Dwayne wrote: »

https://www.scifijapan.com/godzilla-toho/toho-postpones-japanese-theatrical-release-of-godzilla-vs-kong

That's actually scandalous, @Dwayne! The first part I mean.

• DwayneDwayne New York City
    Dwayne wrote: »

That's actually scandalous, @Dwayne! The first part I mean.

A renewed spike of COVID-19 in Japan is the cause. Hopefully in another week or two, theaters there can re-open.
    A lot of pressure on this movie as the cost delays mount.
    Is that not the same for other delayed films?
    NTTD isnt making a billion.Nowhere even close.No movie is for quite a while.
    edited May 2021 Posts: 8,021
    That’s a very safe assumption. I’m looking forward to how the box office slowly recovers. If Kong vs Godzilla is any indication, the movie experience is not dead as many doomed and gloomed back in 2020. Just how long it takes we’ll see another billion dollar film is a matter of time.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited May 2021 Posts: 8,077
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Fresh tweet. Seven seconds in - 8 sec trailer footage.

Nothing new really except for a millisecond from Matera: Bond driving/turning the AM >> cut to old footage >> shooting at baddies in the car on a square

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Something's better than nothing, I suppose.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    The flow from one shot to the next is cool though.