Octopussy's biggest flaw: it came out too late.

M16_CartM16_Cart Craig fanboy?
edited October 2021 in Bond Movies Posts: 538
It would've been better received if it were his 2nd or even his 4th film. But by his 6th film, 12 years later, there was some inertia.

Comments

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    I agree Octopussy was a bit behind the curve. But watching it as a piece on its own, it's highly enjoyable.
    I'll take OP over FYEO any day.
    BT3366 wrote: »
    I'll take OP over FYEO any day.

Same here.
    I don't think it came out too late and I don't think FYEO gets much more acclaim.
    OP is a fun but tense Bond film with great locations and an excellent cast and group of villains.

Not to forget a great Barry score and Bond being really up against it in many of those locales.

• mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    edited March 2018 Posts: 6,724
    Octopussy's biggest limitation--
    Octopussy has no limits.

And no fears, no substitutes, etc. ;)
    I'll take OP over any of the other 80s films. I wouldn't say it's regressive. For me it's definitely the closest Cubby came to recapturing the feel of the 60s films (TSWLM did its own 70s thing) but I don't find that a bad thing.
    Strog wrote: »
    I'll take OP over any of the other 80s films. I wouldn't say it's regressive. For me it's definitely the closest Cubby came to recapturing the feel of the 60s films (TSWLM did its own 70s thing) but I don't find that a bad thing.

I put it on an even par at the top of the '80s with LTK...they are #7 & #8 in my rankings atm.