and

YOLT vs DAF
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Birdleson wrote: »
    OHMSS
    YOLT

I support this.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Oh @Thunderfinger how could you. OHMSS is such a good and strong Bond movie for me, that it's hard to beat it. However the debut of 007 IS the film to do so. So good is DN in my eyes that it can just edge out Majesty's. But I'd rather not have them face off.

DN over OHMSS

The second pairing is also closer than I would've thought. Both films have risen in my ranks over the years. Whilst DAF is a whole heap of fun with so many quotable lines and wonderful characters, it just falls short of YOLT in some departments.
    YOLT is a visual delight, as well as having a wonderful score from John Barry and is overall epic in appearance.

YOLT over DAF
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    OHMSS = + John Barry score, - no Ken Adam, - George Lazenby
    DN = - no John Barry score, + Ken Adam, + Sean Connery
    --> DN
    YOLT and DAF = + Barry, Adam, Connery, - both are a bit silly, but YOLT has magnificent cinematography. Therefore: YOLT
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    OHMSS over DN.

DAF over YOLT. This was a very difficult choice. I don't really care for either. YOLT is a slog to get through, but the finale is actually pretty good. On the other hand, the end of DAF is terrible, but the rest of the film has some entertaining moments. I'll always choose the film that left me feeling more entertained, so a narrow victory to DAF.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited June 2019 Posts: 5,185
    Going by my last Bondathon:

OHMSS beats DN, but only just.

And...
    I agree with this 100% so i'll just borrow it:
    DAF over YOLT. This was a very difficult choice. I don't really care for either. YOLT is a slog to get through, but the finale is actually pretty good. On the other hand, the end of DAF is terrible, but the rest of the film has some entertaining moments. I'll always choose the film that left me feeling more entertained, so a narrow victory to DAF.

• peterpeter Toronto
    OHMSS
    YOLT
    OHMSS over DN

YOLT over DAF
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    DN
    DAF
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Tougher than tough, this. I'm going to close my eyes, look away, say

OHMSS

and

DAF

and start crying.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Benny wrote: »
    Oh @Thunderfinger how could you. OHMSS is such a good and strong Bond movie for me, that it's hard to beat it. However the debut of 007 IS the film to do so. So good is DN in my eyes that it can just edge out Majesty's. But I'd rather not have them face off.

DN over OHMSS

The second pairing is also closer than I would've thought. Both films have risen in my ranks over the years. Whilst DAF is a whole heap of fun with so many quotable lines and wonderful characters, it just falls short of YOLT in some departments.
    YOLT is a visual delight, as well as having a wonderful score from John Barry and is overall epic in appearance.

YOLT over DAF

Indeed @Benny! Although Majestys does squeeze in ahead of DN.

OHMSS
    YOLT
    OHMSS
    and
    YOLT
  • 007_MJH007_MJH Lancashire, UK
    OHMSS & YOLT
    OHMSS
    DAF
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    OHMSS, and it's not even much of a contest, although DN is thoroughly enjoyable.

Over the years, DAF has slowly crept up my rankings while YOLT has sunk like a volcanic crater. Give me the quirkiness of Diamonds anyday.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    OHMSS
    and
    YOLT

• MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    OHMSS and YOLT
    Can I say:

1)Both

2)None

;)

But for voting purposes:

1)OHMSS

2)YOLT
    DN

YOLT
    OHMSS

&

DAF
    OHMSS & DAF
  • Dr. No
    & YOLT
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    OHMSS. OHMSS is currently in my top 3 so no disrespect to DN is intended. It’s a fine movie, and for many years it was always in my top 10. Now its “only” at number 12 or so.

YOLT. I’ve said it before – Iconic. While DAF isn’t as bad as its reputation, it loses points with me for the Vegas settings. It just seems un-Bond like to me! Plus the ending is kind of limp.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Very easy indeed.

OHMSS (my no.1)

YOLT (while not one of my favs, compared to DAF it's very competent and enjoyable film)
    Shardlake wrote: »
    Very easy indeed.

OHMSS (my no.1)

YOLT (while not one of my favs, compared to DAF it's very competent and enjoyable film)

Damn, can't do another +1(000) for this, @Shardlake would call me redundant. And rightly so. No one likes to be redundant ;) I'll just say...ditto. OHMSS truly is a masterpiece.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Univex wrote: »
    Shardlake wrote: »
    Very easy indeed.

OHMSS (my no.1)

Damn, can't do another +1(000) for this, @Shardlake would call me redundant. And rightly so. No one likes to be redundant ;) I'll just say...ditto. OHMSS truly is a masterpiece.

Great minds and all that @Univex ;)
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    OHMSS (the best)
    YOLT (iconic)
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    Dr. No
    &
    YOLT
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    OHMSS (I adore DN and I would watch it more often than OHMSS. But Peter Hunt's sole directorial entry in the series is magnificent.)

YOLT (There's something very enjoyable about YOLT. The music is from another world and I love the exoticism. I like to relax and watch it on a lazy Sunday afternoon while DAF is among my least favourite of the series.)
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 1,310
    On Her Majesty's Secret Service over DN, but that was very close.

Diamonds Are Forever over YOLT.