CLOSED

Comments

• edited September 2018 Posts: 3,564
    timmer wrote: »
    @earmuffs
    You haven't refuted anything and you haven't been paying attention. You are obviously just catching up now.
    Sorry to interrupt the very selective, actually very naive ,as opposed to calculated, propaganda "resistance"narrative that is being spun here on a Bond Community web site of all things.
    Quick question, do conservative leaning Bond community members methodically not only create, but also hijack other threads to launch, rally the troops, "resistance" propaganda platforms?
    Didn't think so. That's Move on.org territory.
    Who is today's racist of the day I wonder?
    Another question. Does Move on.org actually instruct it's members to commandeer friendly Internet communities sharing a common interest, and to use their membership, and that common interest, to foment pocket resistance cells?
    If so, that's a rather anti-social tactic, not keeping in the spirit of community.
    What we have been witnessing here in this thread is not an attempt at actual discussion, but a methodical regular dropping of propagandized tweet bombs and assorted bulletins driving a, albeit, somewhat muddled political agenda.

===I know this doesn't fit with your idealized narrative, but facts are facts.
    The FBI did indeed dismiss the Steele dossier as phony.
    The FBI did indeed fire Steele as a source.
    Still fraudulent representations regarding the veracity of the Dossier were made to the FISA court judges.
    Ohr has testified to this effect.
    Gee I wonder why House Republicans are screaming for Trump to declassify the FISA documents in question.
    Obviously they know they are a smoking gun, thanks to Ohr's blatherings under oath.
    It's not really that hard to understand.
    Ask your yourself, why did the FBI fire Andrew McCabe,and why is he now the subject of a Grand Jury investigation.
    Why was Peter Strzok fired? Why is Lisa Page gone too?
    Why was Mr Russia boy,Ohr transferred, demoted?
    Only yestery the DOJ burped out more damning Strzok-Page text messages.
    Scandal and Corruption. Life in the Swamp!

@Tim Boo Ba,
    I'm seeing a trend in your postings: demean others with nicknames and insults, then just repeat the lies from Fox Faux News that the rest of us have already rejected. Hey, two can play at that game! And at least SOME of us can be mildly entertaining at the same time... I'll link to the story of Tim Boo Ba at the bottom of this posting, in the meanwhile: No I'm not "just now coming to this conversation" -- I suspect you remember my presence in the previous iteration of the "TRUMP: Threat or Menace?" thread. No, I'm not highjacking it; just occasionally posting my two cents as I have every right to do. MoveOn.org? Nope, not me, wrong again. And BTW, that reference is so very 2001, you might want to catch up with the current state of things. Anti-social? HA! I am the very soul of sociability, which is more than your Orange Overlord can say! Why did the FBI do this, this and that? Because they're politically driven and the Big Orange Ogre is at the wheel. And as far as the incongruity of a James Bond fan site being used for my nefarious purposes can go, consider this: Christopher Steele is a real-life British intelligence agent who learned that the Russians believed they had a candidate for President of the U.S. "over a barrel" -- and he tried to bring this fact to the attention of American intelligence. Now he's being slimed by folks like yourself for his pains, and defended by folks like me. Who exactly is the truer Bond fan in this scenario?

And now, my friends: your reward for wading through all this verbiage -- "The Terror of Tim Boo Ba" by Stan Lee & Steve Ditko, published just before they were about to create Spider-Man.

http://swords-and-veeblefetzers.blogspot.com/2010/11/monster-menace-1-terror-of-tim-boo-ba.html
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited September 2018 Posts: 12,459
    It isn't the size of this killer storm that is important - it is the intensity.
    This will be catastrophic. I do hope all people and animals have been evacuated by now.

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    My sister-in-law's home is *right* on the water there... I'll be happily surprised if when this is over it's still there in one piece.
    As long as they are long gone and safe ... and I hope they have insurance.
    I do not have friends in any of the affected areas, for which I am grateful.
  • I've been calling customers in the Carolinas... and too many of them are saying, "Oh, I'm a fur piece from the coast, I'll be fine..."

We live in hope, but sometimes we need to visit practicality...
    I've been calling customers in the Carolinas... and too many of them are saying, "Oh, I'm a fur piece from the coast, I'll be fine..."

Trump voters should stay and ride the rain out because it's all just fake news and fake science.
    ;)
    edited September 2018 Posts: 12,459
    As of right now, downgraded due to weakening - exellent news but STILL a Cat. 2 major hurricane and please do not be tempted to stay at home. Listen to your local news and still, for sure, evacuate if you are under orders to evacuate.

from the link:

The Hurricane Center is warning of a triple threat in the Carolinas:

A “life-threatening storm surge” at the coast — a tsunami-like rise in ocean water over normally dry land
    “Life-threatening freshwater flooding from a prolonged and exceptionally heavy rainfall event” from the coast to interior sections
    “Damaging hurricane-force winds” at the coast and some distance inland
    Like Hurricane Harvey, which stalled over Texas in 2017, Florence could linger over the Southeast for several days after landfall, unloading 20 to 30 inches of rain in coastal North Carolina and isolated amounts of up to 40 inches. Flooding from heavy rains is the second-leading cause of fatalities in tropical storms and hurricanes that make landfall.

Enough rain could fall to break North Carolina’s record for a tropical storm — 24 inches — set near Wilmington during Hurricane Floyd in 1999, said Greg Carbin, chief of forecast operations at the Weather Service’s national prediction center.
    chrisisall wrote: »
    I've been calling customers in the Carolinas... and too many of them are saying, "Oh, I'm a fur piece from the coast, I'll be fine..."

Trump voters should stay and ride the rain out because it's all just fake news and fake science.
    ;)

- "Nobody can handle a storm like me!"
    Downgraded to 2 is very good news, at least structures will be more or less intact. Now it's the moisture issue...
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Downgraded to 2 is very good news, at least structures will be more or less intact. Now it's the moisture issue...

So not much danger for nuclear facilities? How about scrapyards, dung heaps and so on?

So not much danger for nuclear facilities? How about scrapyards, dung heaps and so on?
    No, flooding will probably make one of them pop their cork. Then we'll have a dead zone somewhere in there for a while. And radioactive pig poo... it will be messy unless they shut down completely for this.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

No, flooding will probably make one of them pop their cork. Then we'll have a dead zone somewhere in there for a while. And radioactive pig poo... it will be messy unless they shut down completely for this.

Any chance this could land on Mecca?
    Morons in charge of guns. But that's enough about Trump for now. I wish Bond could sort him out!
    Holy FLIP, Batman! Trump's poster boy for loyalty Manifort just pleaded guilty to conspiracy against the United States Of America, and is cooperating with the Mueller investigation now as part of a plea bargain.
    Some how, we told you so doesn't seem like enough here. ;)

edited September 2018 Posts: 17,687
    They call him Flipper, Flipper, faster than lightning,
    No-one you see, is in deep as he,
    And we know Flipper, lives in a world full of Russians,
    Buying their plunder, under the T!

• The question now is: how far is the investigation into this conspiracy going to go? We know that the Russians gave $$$ to the NRA...$$$ which ended up in the hands of many GOP office-holders. Those same Republicans are now doing everything they can to drag their feet on an honest investigation into the whole topic. Is THAT to be considered conspiracy as well? Or is Mueller simply going to be satisfied to nab Jared, Don Jr., and the unindicted conspirator-in-chief?
    The question now is: how far is the investigation into this conspiracy going to go? We know that the Russians gave $$$ to the NRA...$$$ which ended up in the hands of many GOP office-holders. Those same Republicans are now doing everything they can to drag their feet on an honest investigation into the whole topic. Is THAT to be considered conspiracy as well? Or is Mueller simply going to be satisfied to nab Jared, Don Jr., and the unindicted conspirator-in-chief?

Mueller strikes me as a completest.
    The NRA is undoubtedly considering hiring mercs to... what am I saying??? It's not like the NRA has morphed into a profit-driven domestic terrorism organization or anything, right?
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    @Timmer just a few quick remarks on your rather adamand support for Donald Trump, and (however impossible this may be) I'll try to stay as neutral as can be:

You keep on telling us he came there to 'drain the swamp', yet he's as far as I know the only president to hire his daughter and son-in-law into advisory positions, even with some proper responsibilities. Moreover people around him seem to land jobs not because of their skills, but because Trump likes them or worked with them before. So, what exactly is this 'swamp' that should be drained? I Always understood it as 'politicians helping eachother out in getting lovely jobs no matter the skills'. If that's correct then by definition Trump replaced one swamp with the other. In what way would that be keeping his word and draining the swamp?

You claim he wants fairer business deals and that all entrepeneurs want win-win deals. To start with the last part, that's not true. Many (old-fashioned) entrepreneurs still think it should be a win-lose situation, where one walks away with the prize. In his dealings as a business man Trump has behaved like that, abusing the American system to fight other entrepreneurs he still owed money by using lawyers and the fact that he could drag courtcases longer then his opponents. He tries to do the same in his dealings with China, and he's losing. China's internal market will outgrow the American one soon enough, and too many american-made products have chinese parts in them. The midwest is already suffering from the consequences of Trump's trade war, as many Agricultural products have become far more expensive and China is the biggest importer of us-agricultural products.

His famous 'negotiating skills' have up until now not really shown any results. He's given Kim Jung Un the international stage he Always wanted, without getting anything in return, other than a promise that has been given many times before.

You say Trump may play golf often, but nobody can hold a candle to Obama. According to this, it's more the other way around:
    https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2017/oct/10/who-plays-more-golf-donald-trump-or-barack-obama/

I did receive signals that a few smaller aircraft companies and clubs are about to go bankrupt because they're too close to Trump's main golf-resort and thus they get closed down every time he plays there. The estimated damage is 25 milion dollars. This btw is not from a political threat but through aviation channels.

That wall he promised isn't there. And Mexico sure isn't paying for it.

Now anything else gets too political, but these are as far as I can tell facts.

And then that democracy is under attack thing. The US has never been much of a democracy, as the two-party system with an electoral college by definition isn't very democratic. As has been shown in 2016, you don't need a majority to win it. The idea of the college was that it'd stop those candidates who were absolutely not fit for office. The founding fathers still thought the people should be protected against their own choice. The result is that the college votes not to protect the people, but their own party lines (interestingly, 2016 had the most 'runaway'votes, away from the main candidate, and that happened most on the democratic side). If you want democracy, you need to go to Switserland, the only true democratic country in the world.

American politics have been corrupt for decades, but it never showed as much as it does under Trump, with a very good runner-up in Hillary Clinton. Sad.

Now anything else gets too political,
    You mean the 'from Russia with love' stuff? ;)
    The 'traitor' stuff?
    At this point, these are pretty much matters of undeniable fact.
    So, crazy like a fox? He knows what he's doing? Give him a chance? He's smart because he's a rich deal-maker?
    Basically, he's got a character flaw (sociopathy) recently augmented by biology (dimensia). Who in the past had that.... I can't quite put my finger on it...
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Now anything else gets too political,
    You mean the 'from Russia with love' stuff? ;)
    The 'traitor' stuff?
    At this point, these are pretty much matters of undeniable fact.

Well that's part of it, but don't forget the Mueller investigation isn't aimed at Trump himself but at the collusion of his campaign with (the) Russians. In that light Manafort's deal is increadably important and will, as Ken Starr put it 'get us to the truth'.

Thoughts and prayers with our American cousins during recent and current events with this storm and also the people of the Philippines.

Well you should always look on the bright side of things, shouldn't you? And what are 25 deaths when you got a fee boat (which somebody thus lost)?
  • Once upon a time, I comforted myself with the thought that George W. Bush, thrust into the presidency by hanging chads and the doltish electoral college, couldn't really do TOO much damage in four years. Could he? Ah, what innocent, naive times we once shared...
    Once upon a time, I comforted myself with the thought that George W. Bush, thrust into the presidency by hanging chads and the doltish electoral college, couldn't really do TOO much damage in four years. Could he? Ah, what innocent, naive times we once shared...

Well Trump hasn't attacked a random country because he dad did it before him...

Funny how Trump - fighter against taxes - adds all those tarriffs (taxes) and then uses taxes to compensate farmers losing their business because of his taxes.....
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Another sad day here in the U.S.

TripAces wrote: »
    Another sad day here in the U.S.

Another one of those shootings? Or just the politics?
This discussion has been closed.