CLOSED

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    A number of people have been injured after a car crashed into security barriers outside the Houses of Parliament, Scotland Yard say.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45180120
    The barriers did their job.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    A bridge in Genoa, Italy collapses, at least 22 people have died.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-europe-45182675
    There's even footage of it collapsing and cars falling,bloody terrible.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    There's even footage of it collapsing and cars falling,bloody terrible.

EDIT : A Finnish work colleague here has just saw on a Finnish news article that eyewitness' sawa a big lightning bolt strike the bridge just before it collapsed !!

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited August 2018 Posts: 12,459
    I know the Bond news is more urgently important here.
    But I am posting this because it is real news, and important news, for Americans.

~ Paul Manafort found guilty on 8 counts and said he worked as directed by the candidate (Trump). Yes, implicating Trump directly.
    ~ Michael Cohen is working on a plea deal.
    ~ And Trump speaks at one of his "rallies" tonight.

Progress. :) Real progess.

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Manifort found guilty; Cohen has flipped.
    I've reason to hope again.
    Yes, we have good hope and real progress, Chris.
  • When asked to comment on the alleged witch hunt, Trump suddenly screamed in a Margaret Hamilton voice, "I'M MELLLLTTINNNGGGggggg.....!"
    edited August 2018 Posts: 12,459
    :) So many good times ahead, @BeatlesSansEarmuffs. Finally.
    Cohen AND Manafort on same day, within minutes of each other. This will not just go away. Our system's wheels turning a bit more assuredly, slightly quicker now.

and oh yes, State charges that Trump cannot pardon ...
    That was nice, @jobo. Thanks. And here is a neat summing up, too:
    edited August 2018 Posts: 15,690
    A knife attack has just occured in Trappes, near Paris. At least 3 people have been critically injured (with possibly 1 casualty), and the culprit has been shot dead by police forces.
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 19,339

EDIT: Now 2 dead.

Paris knife attack: One dead and two injured after suspect heard shouting 'Allahu Akbar'.

One person has been killed and two seriously injured after a man attacked 'several' passers-by in a Paris suburb.

The attacker was shot by police in Trappes after making threats against officers, according to reports.

Police sources told Le Parisien that the man, in his 30s, was inside a pavilion shouting: "Allahu akbar, if you enter I smoke you all."

Allahu akbar means 'God is the greatest' in Arabic.

French TV network BFMTV reports that police opened fire on the man at around 10.20am local time.

There are contrasting reports on the knifeman's condition, with France 3 reporting that he died.

The network also reports he was known to intelligence services, but this has yet to be confirmed.
    The incident took place soon after 10am," said a French security source. "A man attacked passers-by in rue Camille Claudel in Trappes.

"He disappeared into a house when police arrived at the scene, and when he came out he was shot."

Armed police have descended on Rue Camille-Claudel, and people have been told to avoid the area.
    Police have yet to comment on the knifeman's motives, and have yet to rule out a family dispute, France 2 reports.

It follows a series of knife and gun attacks carried out by Islamic State and al-Qaeda operatives in France, dating back to early 2015.

France remains on a state of high terrorist alert, with police and army patrols patrolling the streets of major cities such as Paris.
    BREAKING : ISIS CLAIM RESPONSIBLITY FOR PARIS KNIFE MURDERS.

(The Sun)
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Absolutely nothing proves their involvement.
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 11,425
    The Guardian says a man knifed his mother and sister and local police are handling it.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/aug/23/paris-knife-attack-two-people-killed-suburb-trappes

Not to say he wasn't also a religious nut, but I don't think anything has been confirmed yet.
    It is horrific. Let's bear in mind that ISIS would probably claim credit, no matter what.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Getafix wrote: »
    The Guardian says a man knifed his mother and sister and local police are handling it.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/aug/23/paris-knife-attack-two-people-killed-suburb-trappes

Not to say he wasn't also a religious nut, but I don't think anything has been confirmed yet.

Jeez
    Of course. That's what they do.
    Living near Trappes, I can tell you that there, they haven't waited for ISIS to knife each other. Trappes here is the equivalent of the Bronx, or Harlem, pre-gentrification. Tough neighbourhood, lots of crime. A neighbouring city is nicknamed "Chicago", 'nuff said. So, my guess would be a medman, and ISIS trying to take credit for his actions.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Russian military intelligence claim they have evidence The White Helmets and private British military organization Oliva have brought barrels of chlorine to Idlib in preparation for yet another staged chemical attack, that will be pinned on Assad as an excuse for new airstrikes by Western powers. The Russians warned about it beforehand the last time as well, a couple months in advance. It didn t help then, and wasn t even reported here. It won t help now, either. Evidence is not interesting, it never was.
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 4,622
    Gerard wrote: »
    Living near Trappes, I can tell you that there, they haven't waited for ISIS to knife each other. Trappes here is the equivalent of the Bronx, or Harlem, pre-gentrification. Tough neighbourhood, lots of crime. A neighbouring city is nicknamed "Chicago", 'nuff said. So, my guess would be a medman, and ISIS trying to take credit for his actions.

Tough town!
    Speaking of Chicago, I see the number-of-shot got
    knocked down to 61 last weekend.
    Toronto has regular shootings every weekend, but the numbers stay single digits at least
    There was a big, broad daylight gun-battle a couple of weeks ago in the public housing complex about a mile north of me. Police found 22 bullets but it doesn't seem that anyone got hit, so the homicide rate stays stable but still.....the urban gang violence..these guys are more and more brazen.
    @Thunderfinger won't the Russians have to present the actual evidence, rather than just claim it. Otherwise the claims risk being dismissed as anti-west Putin propaganda.
    I hope they do present them soon.

Did anyone read the report from the OPCW that I posted here earlier? It was not reported on in papers or on tv here.

Did anyone read the report from the OPCW that I posted here earlier? It was not reported on in papers or on tv here.

Media only reports what serves it's agenda.
    What report is this you have? If media is ignoring it, it might be worth reading.
    timmer wrote: »

Media only reports what serves it's agenda.
    What report is this you have? If media is ignoring it, it might be worth reading.

A few pages back on this thread.
    "Putin and Assad planning to gas more civilians".

How ridiculous can it get?
    Yep its happened again in the US...people having fun,shot,dead...
    edited August 2018 Posts: 23,530
    Yep. I could get very cynical but out of respect for the victims I won't.
This discussion has been closed.