CLOSED

Comments

• echoecho 007 in New York
    Time for a MR/THR mashup.
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Is he impeached yet? If not now, when???

I'm hoping to wake one morning and be surprised to find Mueller's investigation is complete and Trump is screwed.

[Brosnan voice] Me too.

#metoo
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Just adding this song here...cos, why not... ;)

NOBODY TOLD ME (John Lennon)
    Everybody's talking
    And no-one says a word
    Everybody's making love
    And no-one really cares
    There's Nazis in the bathroom
    Just below the stairs
    Always something happening
    And nothing going on
    Always something cooking
    And nothing in the pot
    They're starving back in China
    So finish what you've got
    Nobody told me there'd be days like these
    Strange days indeed ...

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Hysteria is the word.
    Trump is a disgraceful, nauseating scumbag. FULL STOP.
    It’s an unavoidable fact that tens of millions of Americans voted for Trump and continue to support his every move. Just throwing abuse at Trump just gets his base even more behind him. As things stand Trump is highly likely to be a two term president.

We’re in uncharted and potentially dangerous territory for the US.

It's way too early to assess Trump's re-electability.
    echo wrote: »

Hopefully that's not the majority viewpoint of the Democratic party, because it's spectacularly wrong and will cost us another election.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited July 2018 Posts: 40,372
    Escalus5 wrote: »

Hopefully that's not the majority viewpoint of the Democratic party, because it's spectacularly wrong and will cost us another election.

This. Too many people the first time around thought it was obvious he wouldn't win, and that was their undoing. Regardless of what has occurred during his administration, we shouldn't yet eliminate the possibility of him winning yet again. It's completely feasible at this point, as sad as that is. Hopefully Mueller and the Special Counsel can drop something big in the next year.

Disagree. We need a Democratic nominee who comes up organically out of the process. That was the problem last time around. It came across like a coronation and turned some people off.
    edited July 2018 Posts: 12,459
    Trump is what he is and won't change.
    Of course he will run for re-election IF he is still around and in office then.
    Other nominees will come forth, and I feel sure there will be one viable candidate that is not Republican. I'm not strongly concerned about that at this point.

Trump is so far gone from any sort of true governance, or dignity, and just tried to walk back his attack on the U.S. intelligence community ... but couldn't force himself to stay on script.

His "thoughts" have flip-flopped several times in the past couple of days. He's also laying more blame at Obama's feet for not handling it...despite simultaneously, consistently holding off on implementing more sanctions that are voted on. In all seriousness, I'd be blown away if he doesn't have some sort of dementia.
    Yes, undoubtedly his feelings and thoughts have not changed. He is merely backpeddling. And the whole health issue ... I won't go there right now, but just to say there may be some truth in that. But I am still keeping that aside at this point.

(collusion is mispelled ...)
    Oh and he crossed out the lines about bringing guilty parties to justice ... hmmm.
    His Twitter feed perfectly demonstrates his inability to spell. And I genuinely meant that dementia comment, it wasn't meant to be a low blow in the slightest. I transcribe him on a near daily basis, and you don't know how often I bark out laughter because he is repeating something verbatim he just said not two sentences or two paragraphs ago. It's astounding.
    Creasy, I did not take your comment on dementia as a low blow. It is a serious, actual concern.

Of course I read him on twitter, too. I follow nearly 50 different news sources on twitter. I find that to be the fastest way to get a variety of up-to-date news coverage.
    Thankfully I don't have Twitter so I don't have to see them that often, but I usually do when someone ends up sharing one filled with typos...that he inevitably deletes (which is a big no-no) and then re-posts. But yes, it sounds like Twitter is the go-to for up to date information across all aspects of life, but I've just never had an interest in getting one.
    I don't follow Trump on twitter. I dip in occasionally, but usually I get his comments, etc. via other people's tweets. Thankfully, I don't watch tv or radio (I can escape the constant roar of current politics).

I think this pattern below will hold:
    It will certainly be interesting to how the mid terms go later this year?
    Haha, the cameras caught a readout of Putin's comments that Trump was holding, with 'NO COLUSION' (misspelled) across the top in big black marker. The cringe is strong.
    I just posted that a couple of comments above, yes. ;) And now added that Trump crossed out the lines about bringing guilty people to justice. Just scroll up a bit ... but it was his own script, Creasy, that he was supposed to read from for his "clarification" statement.

Unless there are TWO papers where Trump wrote the same thing and misspelled "collusion". I just have not seen a photo of a second one.
    Quite odd that that's the only line that seems to be crossed out. Couldn't be any more predictable. Reminds me of the Hope Hicks-written card that she gave him during that roundtable with the families and survivors from the Parkland shooting, telling him to remember saying "I hear you."
    What's that other handwritten bit say? His writing is atrocious so it's tough to tell. 'For years (something) could not have (something).'
    I'll have to check carefully later, Creasy.
    Meanwhile, I just saw this. I think it's a nice touch ... ]
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    A polite effue, heh heh...
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    "At the higher ends of intelligence"?

I'm offended.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea

Disagree. We need a Democratic nominee who comes up organically out of the process. That was the problem last time around. It came across like a coronation and turned some people off.

True, you have all the time in the world now it's clear to everyone Trump is an informant of Vladimir Putin. And what coulld ever happen to you as long as Russia runs the USA?

Well played Putin!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    This is the first time people are outraged the US president is talking to other state leaders.
This discussion has been closed.