CLOSED

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I’m there now. The shooter got shot by the school resources officer and is in critical condition- no fatalities, 3 injuries including the shooter

Nice it worked out well for a change!
    Now the shooter is dead
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    I don't feel sorry for him, but this is a bit of a propaganda victory for that NRA ilk.
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    I don't feel sorry for him, but this is a bit of a propaganda victory for that NRA ilk.

Yeah, like see? It CAN work like in the movies! It's verified now! One out of every 1200 mass shootings!
    Not much going on now. I’m at the school down the road helping people pick up their kids
    You must be seeing a lot of somber faces...
    chrisisall wrote: »
    You must be seeing a lot of somber faces...

Oddly..... not really. I'm sitting in my parked car at the main entrance and people are going by very 'run of the mill'. You'd think they were picking their kids up early because of the weather.

I'm guessing it's because this was no Florida shooting; sounds like it ended just as quickly as it began- hopefully not because people are used to it :/
    I'm guessing it's because this was no Florida shooting; sounds like it ended just as quickly as it began- hopefully not because people are used to it :/
    Probably a bit of both.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Probably a bit of both.

Definitely a bit of both, I'd guess. Good on you for the assist, @Master_Dahark. Stay safe.
    There I am, standing out in that icy rain! Everyone will be taking a sickday tomorrow, lol

gettyimages-934993730-1521575714-5763.jpg

I'm home now- it's the first thing something like this happened in MD (at least as far as I know) but luckily this could have been a LOT worse.
    edited March 2018 Posts: 17,687
    Yeah. This s**t touches everyone eventually. One of my friends from my old convention days was a teacher at Sandy Hook and lost... well, a lot. Thankfully SHE wasn't shot. :(
    Oh Boris,Boris ,Boris :

Russia brands Boris Johnson's Putin-Hitler comparison 'disgusting' .

Russia has hit out at Boris Johnson's comparison of Vladimir Putin to Adolf Hitler, calling it "disgusting" and "unacceptable".

The Foreign Secretary suggested the Russian President will "glory" in this summer's World Cup in a similar way to the German dictator during the 1936 Olympics in Berlin.
    Mr Johnson told a committee of MPs it was "an emetic prospect" to think of Mr Putin "glorying in this sporting event", as he agreed it would be comparable to the Olympics held in Nazi Germany.

"I think the comparison with 1936 is certainly right," Mr Johnson said.

BBKy8TJ.img?h=546&w=728&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

He was responding to a question from Labour MP Ian Austin, who suggested Russia's President was planning to use the event "in the way Hitler used the 1936 Olympics" as a propaganda exercise to "gloss over" Russia's "gross human rights abuses".

The comments drew an immediate response from Russia after Mr Johnson made them on Wednesday, with its foreign ministry accusing the British Foreign Secretary of being "poisoned with venom of hate, unprofessionalism and boorishness".

Russian presidential spokesman Dmitry Peskov kept up the attack on Thursday, saying it was "a completely disgusting statement".

"This is beneath the foreign minister of any country. Of course it is offensive and unacceptable," he said.
    The 1936 Olympics provided a propaganda opportunity for Hitler and his Nazi regime in Germany, with the run-up to the Games marked by debate over whether it should be boycotted by other nations - most prominently in the US.

Hitler officiated at both the opening and closing ceremonies, but saw his dream of a triumph for "Aryan" athletes famously undermined by black American athlete Jesse Owens winning four gold medals.

Mr Johnson's remarks represent a dramatic escalation of the war of words between Britain and Russia over the poisoning of Russian double agent Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia in Salisbury earlier this month.

London has blamed the nerve agent attack on Moscow, something Russia has denied.

In an extraordinary rant on Wednesday, the country's foreign ministry accused Britain of "Russophobia" and having an "island mentality".

BBKyupl.img?h=546&w=728&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

Meanwhile, Prime Minister Theresa May is set to tell EU leaders they will succeed in the face of Russia's threat if they remain united.

At a European Council summit in Brussels on Thursday, the PM will speak of the "indiscriminate and reckless" attack in Salisbury as part of a pattern of recent behaviour from Moscow.

As well as plunging ties between Britain and Russia to their lowest level since the Cold War, the poisoning has raised a number of questions about this summer's World Cup.

Mr Johnson told the MPs that he was "deeply concerned" at the treatment travelling England fans would likely receive in Russia.

He suggested the Foreign Office - which has until this point stopped short of advising fans not to travel - could reconsider its position given recent events.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Boris has also informed us that the attack was an attack on "British values".
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Whatever those British values may be to the likes of Boris.
    I dread to think.....
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited March 2018 Posts: 15,686
    Hostage situation in a supermarket in Southern France. Gunman claims to be linked to ISIS.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-43512791?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_breaking&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=news_central
    Another cowardly ISIS bastard :

Two dead after 'ISIS' gunman shoots at police officers and takes hostages in French supermarket after shouting Allahu Akbar.

Two people are dead and 12 injured after a gunman claiming allegiance to ISIS shot at riot police officers and took hostages at a supermarket in the south of France, according to reports.

Negotiators are in contact with the gunman after a number of hostages were released, but officials are expecting to find more victims, it was reported.

The suspected terrorist, feared to be carrying explosives, was heard shouting "Allahu Akbar" and "Vengeance for Syria" before the rampage at two scenes in the neighbouring towns of Trebes and Carcassonne.
    The drama unfolded around 11am when a police officer was shot and wounded in the shoulder while he was out for a job with colleagues in Carcassonne.

A short time later, about eight hostages were taken at a branch of Super U in Trebes - a 15-minute drive away - where a butcher was killed in an attack that may have been in revenge for a bombing campaign against ISIS in Syria.
    Trebes' mayor, Eric Menassi, has told French media that there are "two victims" -a worker and a customer - inside the supermarket, which has been surrounded by heavily armed police.

The gunman claimed allegiance to ISIS, according to the local prosecutor's office, which is treating the incident as terrorism.

Terrified shoppers fled the supermarket as the gunman stormed the building shouting "Allah Akbar" and "You are bombing Syria, you will die", local media reported.
    Around eight hostages in the supermarket were released shortly after 12.15pm, but a police officer remained inside with the gunman. There were fears the suspect was armed with grenades, a handgun and knives.

A source in the town said: "A butcher in the U-Supermarket has been shot dead.

"The gunman was heard shouting slogans about the war in Syria. He says he is representing Islamic State."
    The phrase "Vengeance for Syria" were also heard by riot police officers who were attacked by the suspect earlier while out jogging in civilian running gear.

The police who were shot at were all members of the CRS 57 (Republic Security Companies) unit, based at Carcassonne. All were off duty when they were attacked, around two miles from the supermarket.

It was reported that grenades were spotted on the gunman, said to be in his 30s.
    Local media were reporting that the officers jogging in Carcassonne were shot at by two people in a car. Five shots were fired and one of the officers was shot and wounded in the shoulder.

The officers tried to pursue the gunman, but he accelerated away.

The wounded officer was rushed to the nearest hospital.

Trebes is in an area hugely popular with British second home owners, expats, and holidaymakers.

If a link to ISIS is confirmed, Friday morning's attack would be the first major terror incident on French soil since the election of centrist President Emmanuel Macron in May last year.

France has been on high alert following a string of jihadist attacks since 2015.

In January of that year, an attack on the offices of satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo left 12 people dead.

Later in 2015, in November, ISIS terrorists killed 130 people when they attacked multiple locations in Paris, including bars, restaurants, the Bataclan concert venue and the national stadium.

In July 2016, in another attack claimed by ISIS, a man drove a truck through revellers celebrating Bastille Day in the southern coastal city of Nice, killing 84 people.

A state of emergency put in place just after the Paris attacks in 2015 was finally lifted in October last year, but soldiers continue to patrol major tourist sites and transport hubs under an anti-terror mission.
    "Allah Akbar" no , this cant be right as we have heard so many times that these terror attacks are nothing to do with religion. Must be a misquote.
    Some idiot will send Paris thoughts and prayers.

And on a side note here's a portrait of the Prophet Mohammad: :-(
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Let's wait until we get all the facts please before start assuming this guy was a Muslim.

Unlike with the Russians of course who definitely did it and you can name as the culprits before the victim is even in the ambulance.
    Police have stormed the supermarket and shot the gunman apparently,according to BBC News.
    The mayor of Trèbes, Eric Ménassi, told LCI TV the man had entered the shop screaming “Allahu Akbar, I’ll kill you all”.

The Mayor is an official source.
    patb wrote: »
    The mayor of Trèbes, Eric Ménassi, told LCI TV the man had entered the shop screaming “Allahu Akbar, I’ll kill you all”.

Could be the French government trying to pin it on Muslims. I'm not buying it.
    Well whoever he was the French police shot him dead unfortunately.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    patb wrote: »

Could be the French government trying to pin it on Muslims. I'm not buying it.

As we all know, jihad means peace.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Shouldn't that be 'fortunately'?

To quote a certain Mr Bond 'I thought one less bomb maker would be a good thing.'

Nothing unfortunate about a dead terrorist as far as I'm concerned.
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 19,339

To quote a certain Mr Bond 'I thought one less bomb maker would be a good thing.'

I would rather they tortured the little bastard and got information,then killed him,but,believe me,dead is good with me too.

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Dead = clean. Good riddance. Gone. Forgotten.
    giphy.gif

I would rather they tortured the little bastard and got information,then killed him,but,believe me,dead is good with me too.
    Fair point. I didn't realise that chiselling off his kneecaps, injecting his eyeballs with acid or letting rabid rats gnaw on his bollocks were options that were on the table or I'd have happily kept him alive too.
This discussion has been closed.