CLOSED

Comments

• CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    So... a letter was found which mentions Islamic motives. I'm still not convinced that is true. My current hypothesis is that whoever did this, thinks they can get away with it by blaming it on the obvious evildoers.

I find it hard to believe that Monaco-fans would ever do such a thing. Throwing fireworks in stadiums, yes, but not letting the team get on the pitch, no. Makes no sense, even for the most childish mind. That only happened in South America during those lovely dictatorships. And Monaco is hardly doing that badly. The letter might be genuine. Considering the things the Swedish attacker did (which, even though bad enough, was highly amaturish) and the 'quality'of this attack, I think they're running out of fanatics with a working brain. Thankfully.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    So... a letter was found which mentions Islamic motives. I'm still not convinced that is true. My current hypothesis is that whoever did this, thinks they can get away with it by blaming it on the obvious evildoers.

It is looking like it is indeed Muslim Extremists ,I don't think the Germans would cover up something like that,DD.

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Well, perhaps I'm wrong then.

However, a second letter showed up it seems in which someone blames the authorities for not being harsh enough against racists, nazis and right-wing populists.

It's beginning to look like some frustrated leftie may be involved. Could be a Muslim or Muslim sympathiser, but it still rules out a direct ISIS attack IMO.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Well, what could we call a direct ISIS attack these days? I think it's far less then they try to make out. In the case of Sweden it was an asylum seeker who was rejected, then turned to ISIS. Does that count as one of theirs? I'm not sure. Anyway, even if it's just fanboys, it's bad enough and they deserve the same treatment.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    They found two letters. One of them claims to be from IS but does not show any of their symbols, and unlike their usual statements makes demands for everybody to get out of Syria and the U.S. to get out of Ramstein AFB. Most likely fake.

Then there's another one using far-left revolutionary (and specifically, gender-neutral) language claiming that the team was targetted because the club fails to exclude Nazis from their fan community. Probably as good as the other one.
    Looks like I was wrong, guys, and a 25 year old Iraqi IS sympathiser is responsible.

Wow, at 25, I was barely more than a child with a degree, spending most of my spare time watching cartoons, playing video games, reading comic books and trying to look older than most of my students (and failing miserably at that).
    Considering no Western mainstream leaders seem to have any options to offer re ending his terror, you do wonder if the "normalisation" of these attacks fits in with their agenda?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Absolutely. It was planned that way.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    There is still a lot puzzling about those letters claiming responsibility. They don't fit into the normal IS pattern, and the basis for charging the suspects seems to be rather thin so far.

Apart from that, you are right that nobody (not just "Western mainstream leaders") is able to absolutely end this kind of stuff without abolishing our freedom along with it (if at all). I, for one, am ready to live with it as a factor that does not measurably increase my risk of losing my life beyond the normal situation (crossing the street is still infinitely more risky), rather than restrict everybody's liberty for the sole purpose of preserving it.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Stripping us of all our liberties to keep us safe...Might as well surrender to sharia, then.
    Exactly.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    It's always been about control. As religion loses its grip as a means to corral the masses, and media becomes fragmented and interactive, fear is the most effective tool for subjugation.

It worked beautifully post-911. In fact, there is a document from The Project for the New American Century written before that event which suggests that a catastrophic and catalyzing event (like a Pearl Harbour) was required in order to facilitate investment in new military technologies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_for_the_New_American_Century
    According to SKY sources 'subject devices' were found by Bomb Squad police at Borussia Dortmund ground earlier...unbelievable.
    Whatever "subject devices" means... I prefer not to rely on any Murdoch-owned networks until the whole picture is clear.
    Sorry i meant suspect devices.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Could it be the neo-Nazis rearing their ugly heads again?
    Its muslims .
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Its muslims .

Has that been confirmed? It just seemed too half-baked to be them.
    Yes..2 suspects ,one now in custody.

Good news that they're on to them. It seems such a strange target for them to attack but I've long ago given up on trying to understand ISIS. They continue to defy all logic and reason.
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Good news that they're on to them. It seems such a strange target for them to attack but I've long ago given up on trying to understand ISIS. They continue to defy all logic and reason.

Exactly....its all getting a bit brainless now and not even successful...

They're just a bunch of fanatical idiots we have to endure these days, sadly. Why can't they all go back to the Stone Age and leave the rest of the world in peace?

They're just a bunch of fanatical idiots we have to endure these days, sadly. Why can't they all go back to the Stone Age and leave the rest of the world in peace?

I dont think half of them even know the 'cause' they are 'fighting' for ...its all pathetic.

I dont think half of them even know the 'cause' they are 'fighting' for ...its all pathetic.

No, they're brainwashed to not think too much.

No, they're brainwashed to not think too much.

Half of them arnt even brainwashed,they are just bloody stupid and looking for publicity.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'

Why can't they all go back to the Stone Age and leave the rest of the world in peace?

Well, given they all believe in a magic man who lives in the sky, I'd say they're already there aren't they?

Why can't they all go back to the Stone Age and leave the rest of the world in peace?

Well, given they all believe in a magic man who lives in the sky, I'd say they're already there aren't they?

Couldn't have said it better, @TheWizardOfIce!

Pity it's a false prophet...
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited April 2017 Posts: 15,690
    1 police officer shot dead and another wounded in a shooting at the Champs Elysées in Paris, 3 days before the French Presidential election.
    And so it goes on... :(
This discussion has been closed.