CLOSED

1159160161162163165»

Comments

• 007Blofeld007Blofeld Minnesota USA
    edited March 29 Posts: 2,347
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    I've made it more than apparent my feelings on Trump, but I have to give credit where credit is due. He chose to override that lifeless husk of a woman, Betsy DeVos, and is opting NOT to defund the Special Olympics. This hyperlink sure is poorly worded:

http://www.espn.com/specialolympics/story/_/id/26382217/trump-backs-cutting-special-olympics-funding

I think she is a fine person but will admit don't know what was going on there everyone makes mistakes but she payed for the mishap.

If you classify someone who wishes to defund the Special Olympics as a "fine person," then sure. Her discretions go far beyond this incident, she's simply another out of touch billionaire.

I don't like that she defunded Special Olympics no... other then that I think she is fine I think calling her a out of touch billionaire is a bit stereotypical and hypocritical but it's just my opinion I know that Trump likes hiring and firing people like it's a job off the street work who she get replaced with even?

Too bad we couldn't talk about actual World events then what did trump do now news 24/7 I hear enough of it from national news
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited March 29 Posts: 32,425
    I've made it more than apparent my feelings on Trump, but I have to give credit where credit is due. He chose to override that lifeless husk of a woman, Betsy DeVos, and is opting NOT to defund the Special Olympics. This hyperlink sure is poorly worded:

http://www.espn.com/specialolympics/story/_/id/26382217/trump-backs-cutting-special-olympics-funding

I think she is a fine person but will admit don't know what was going on there everyone makes mistakes but she payed for the mishap.

If you classify someone who wishes to defund the Special Olympics as a "fine person," then sure. Her discretions go far beyond this incident, she's simply another out of touch billionaire.

I don't like that she defunded Special Olympics no... other then that I think she is fine I think calling her a out of touch billionaire is a bit stereotypical and hypocritical but it's just my opinion I know that Trump likes hiring and firing people like it's a job off the street work who she get replaced with even? Too bad we couldn't talk about actual World events then what did trump do now news 24/7 I hear enough of it from national news

Nothing I said in either post had anything to do with Trump past an actual positive thing, for once, but alright.

I don't like that she defunded Special Olympics no... other then that I think she is fine I think calling her a out of touch billionaire is a bit stereotypical and hypocritical but it's just my opinion I know that Trump likes hiring and firing people like it's a job off the street work who she get replaced with even? Too bad we couldn't talk about actual World events then what did trump do now news 24/7 I hear enough of it from national news

Nothing I said in either post had anything to do with Trump past an actual positive thing, for once, but alright.

It wasn't directed at you it was just a general statement to the thread sorry for the confusion the too bad part on should have separated it @Creasy47
    This is interesting https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/03/22/europe/russia-us-cold-war-confrontation-intl/?r=https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/03/28/world/nasa-tess-exoplanet-stars-habitable-scn/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F&rm=1

There are loads of stuff to talk about the South China sea situation would be interesting discussion China still is building fake islands for Military purposes and that never gets front page headlines
  • edited March 29 Posts: 2,713
    Jussie Smollet isn't exactly world news. The South China sea situation? That was in Tomorrow Never Dies, wasn't it? Consider him slimed...
    Jussie Smollet isn't exactly world news. The South China sea situation? That was in Tomorrow Never Dies, wasn't it? Consider him slimed...

I typed in world events on Google and it was on the list of stuff the Jussie Smollett thing and that movie was about China and Great Britain fake attacking each other for TV ratings for Elliott Carver not a multi national fight to control the whole sea
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded Dancing at midnight under the BeBop Moon
    edited March 29 Posts: 11,506

This cycle (Trump creating, and diverting the media cycle, then backtracking) will continue.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded Dancing at midnight under the BeBop Moon
    The Elliott Carver connection to present times has not been lost on me. :)
    Just more than one way, it seems apt during the last couple of years especially.
  • The Elliott Carver connection to present times has not been lost on me. :)
    Just more than one way, it seems apt during the last couple of years especially.

I think TND needs to be upgraded in some fans' estimations due to its' near-prescience concerning current events. "Give the people what they want..."
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    The Elliott Carver connection to present times has not been lost on me. :)

I think TND needs to be upgraded in some fans' estimations due to its' near-prescience concerning current events. "Give the people what they want..."

Yes, just like QOS is about controlling the water. Bond has remained on the fronts of global events in that way...
  • I'd be interested in seeing some re-reviews of SPECTRE on the heels of the whole Brexit thing. Despite its' many flaws, the film was at least trying to say something about something. Maybe once the Brexit is actually done. If ever...

Meanwhile, things in the US keep on keeping on. Adam Schiff laid out the case against the Collusioneer-in-Chief pretty succinctly on the floor of Congress the other day. Republicans are predictably outraged, and want him to step down...but that's just not happening. https://www.huffpost.com/entry/adam-schiff-resignation-response-speech_n_5c9cf451e4b0523d8711a124 Trump keeps it vague as to exactly HOW, but is clear that he'd like to see Schiff removed from office. And Nancy Pelosi, who is the one and only person who can actually remove Schiff from his post as Chairman of his House committee, continues trolling Trump in her own effective fashion. https://www.huffpost.com/entry/dems-demand-muellers-full-300-pages-mock-scaredy-cat-gop_n_5c9d447de4b0474c08cb2671 In other words: it's Friday. Have a nice weekend and try to keep your eyes on the prize while still having a life of your own.
    This is not what I designed this thread for x mods please close this thread now please.
This discussion has been closed.