The great MI6 Community JAMES BOND Advent Calendar

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited November 2021 Posts: 12,459
    I am happy to be back, and I'd enjoy putting up some things for Christmas Eve, Dec. 24th. Plus I know most of you will be busy then with family, friends, or events; and I won't be. Just me and my bottle of something delicious, Xmas music, books, and Bond films. I will check previous last 2 years to try not to duplicate what has been done recently, but I feel sure I will have some repetition; hope folks don't mind. Cheers! :))
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I am happy to be back, and I'd enjoy putting up some things for Christmas Eve, Dec. 24th. Plus I know most of you will be busy then with family, friends, or events; and I won't be. Just me and my bottle of something delicious, Xmas music, books, and Bond films. I will check previous last 2 years to try not to duplicate what has been done recently, but I feel sure I will have some repetition; hope folks don't mind. Cheers! :))

Excellent I will add you to the list, I think I have repeated a few things myself over the years, some Bond memory's are worth revisiting I can think of one Sir Roger memory immediately.

I have come up with an idea 💡 for something slightly different. My own comment 'thinking outside the box' made me think of a theme.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited December 2021 Posts: 23,327
    6vOFRVj.png

Just pick a date and I will add your name to the list and carry the list over to following pages, post anything James Bond, Christmas or Holiday season related during your selected day(s)

1st. @Fire_and_Ice_Returns
    2nd. @RichardTheBruce
    3rd.
    4th.
    5th.
    6th.
    7th.
    8th.
    9th. @Fire_and_Ice_Returns
    10th.
    11th.
    12th.
    13th. @Agent_99
    14th.
    15th.
    16th.
    17th.
    18th.
    19th.
    20th.
    21st.
    22nd.
    23rd.
    24th. @4EverBonded
    25th. @RichardTheBruce
    26th.
    27th.
    28th.
    29th.
    30th.
    31st.

o1MAiEY.png
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    I will check previous last 2 years to try not to duplicate what has been done recently, but I feel sure I will have some repetition; hope folks don't mind. Cheers! :))
    Well that's tradition isn't it, @4EverBonded. Definitely some staples I want to see again.

ohmssxmas.gif
    Thanks! I love, love, love Xmas so this will be fun for me. :-bd
    I will check previous last 2 years to try not to duplicate what has been done recently, but I feel sure I will have some repetition; hope folks don't mind. Cheers! :))
    Well that's tradition isn't it, @4EverBonded. Definitely some staples I want to see again.

ohmssxmas.gif

Whats day(s) shall I put you down for @RichardTheBruce
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Thanks! I love, love, love Xmas so this will be fun for me. :-bd

Me too! I've started on the festive food already because why wait?
    Thanks @Fire_and_Ice_Returns I think I have something for the 25th.

Also can I suggest if it appears a day may pass without a name assigned, it's open to the board to represent something.

Nh5o.gif

Thanks @Fire_and_Ice_Returns I think I have something for the 25th.

Also can I suggest if it appears a day may pass without a name assigned, it's open to the board to represent something.

Nh5o.gif

Great stuff I will add you to the list.

Yeah good idea, I think a few of us including yourself filled in the gap days last year.
    Bump... a couple of days to go until December, plenty of days available :)
    I will get the bauble rolling...

DECEMBER 1st
    Ke1QqgX.gif

Christmas is not Christmas without food and a drink or three, here are some James Bond themed selections, I may have to see if I can order some of the truffles...

James Bond Dry Martini Gourmet Popcorn

Joe-Sephs-james-bond-popcorn-main.jpg

007 Dry Martini Truffles

81-im1ys8YL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Live and Let Fry

1e832c7bb906d4b48fbdd1fff18dd4fa.png

Looking at the Calorie count I will definitely be going with the Caviar or the Smoked Salmon (which I often have for breakfast).

Make your choice…

Champagne – James Bond’s royal flush
    https://www.jancisrobinson.com/articles/champagne-james-bonds-royal-flush

James_Bond_Champagnes_Jonathan_Reeve.PNG

Wonderful, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns! Thoroughly in the festive mood now.
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    Wonderful, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns! Thoroughly in the festive mood now.

Thank you, you are very kind. :)

Sir Roger Moore - "Once In Royal David's City" 1959

I post this every year now, it captures the spirit of simpler times for me.
    Christmas Past 1965.

266959648.0.l.jpg
    macleans.png
    AGENT 007 AND THE GREAT
    CHRISTMAS CAPER

Last year’s war toys and brassiere-clad dolls seemed bad enough.
    But now along comes James Bond to flash a startling array of
    ingenious weapons and pose a bewildering moral dilemma for
    parents
    December 1 1965 EILEEN MORRIS
    Click on: View Article Pages
    LAST CHRISTMAS, the militant group calling itself the Voice of Women stirred up a national argument with an Appeal to Parents: “Have you noticed the increase in war toys each Christmas? It is time to call a halt — plastic hand grenades, land mines, booby traps, automatic guns, toy missiles, etc., the whole grisly collection must be repudiated. We, the buyers. make the ultimate decision."
    Check it out.

Christmas Past 1965.

266959648.0.l.jpg
    macleans.png
    AGENT 007 AND THE GREAT
    CHRISTMAS CAPER

Last year’s war toys and brassiere-clad dolls seemed bad enough.
    But now along comes James Bond to flash a startling array of
    ingenious weapons and pose a bewildering moral dilemma for
    parents
    December 1 1965 EILEEN MORRIS
    Click on: View Article Pages
    LAST CHRISTMAS, the militant group calling itself the Voice of Women stirred up a national argument with an Appeal to Parents: “Have you noticed the increase in war toys each Christmas? It is time to call a halt — plastic hand grenades, land mines, booby traps, automatic guns, toy missiles, etc., the whole grisly collection must be repudiated. We, the buyers. make the ultimate decision."
    Check it out.

Back in the 80's we had quite a selection of cap guns and plastic grenades.

I owned one or two sling shots I had a Pro Diablo and a Black Widow and also Rambo Knife for when I went climbing trees making tree houses...
    e69LXnl.jpg
    Earlier than I thought, the Steel Book is appealing.
    edited December 2021 Posts: 12,459
    Thanks, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns and @RichardTheBruce - enjoyed all of that!

Ho! Ho! Ho! Here we go, enjoying our annual Xmas Advent thread.
    I saw nobody listed for today, so I'm just popping in these timely Xmas ads.
    Some of us are still shopping, right? Well, here's some inspiration from Desmond & Roger ~

[

[

Ok, that worked; finally.

MERRY XMAS to all Bond fans! (source is Bondmovies.com from back in 2017)

merryxmas.png?w=820&ssl=1
    Wishing you all a joyful holiday season - today through New Year's ... cheers! B-)

tumblrl3antfheZG1qzuqdwo1500.jpg
    Thank you @4EverBonded I have never seen that Q advertisement before.
    Oh good! I figure everything I post has been done in the past. It's just nice to find new things from time to time. Cheers!
    Oh good! I figure everything I post has been done in the past. It's just nice to find new things from time to time. Cheers!

I think Desmond did quite a few advertisements, though I don't recall that particular one.

• DwayneDwayne New York City
    edited December 2021 Posts: 2,623
    I don’t have anything “real” to contribute, but this popped into my head earlier today (sorry folks):
    Godzilla%2Bshopping.png
    “My Friend and I are here to buy the new “NO TIME TO DIE” Blu-Ray. I hear there are a lot of explosions at the end of this film, and - you know - I REALLY LIKE THAT!”
    Dwayne wrote: »
    I don’t have anything “real” to contribute, but this popped into my head earlier today (sorry folks):
    Godzilla%2Bshopping.png
    “My Friend and I are here to buy the new “NO TIME TO DIE” Blu-Ray. I hear there are a lot of explosions at the end of this film, and - you know - I REALLY LIKE THAT!”

That is funny.
    Every James Bond Watch DN to SP
    Dwayne wrote: »
    Godzilla%2Bshopping.png

That is funny.
    Mmm there's a history.

635619.jpg
    Dark Horse Comics (1992) 11
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?IID=4451241
    Cover by Arthur Adams. This month Dark Horse Comics takes you from the bottom of the ocean to the jungles of Africa, from the pyramids of Egypt to the depths of outer space. This globe- (and galaxy-) spanning issue features the titanic might of Godzilla, King of the Monsters in part 2 of "Godzilla: Blast from the Past"; the savage fury of Predator in part 2 of "Predator: The Pride at Nghasa"; the limitless tenacity of James Bond, agent 007, in part 4 of "James Bond: Light of My Death"; and the fathomless cunning of Aliens in "Aliens: Taste" -- all wrapped up in a monstrous cover by Arthur Adams! FC. Cover price $2.50.
    264.jpg

Godzilla+vs+James+Bond.png?format=500w
    James Bond vs. Godzilla: Minisode 2
    https://www.godzillavangelists.com/listen-here/2018/5/3/minisode-2-james-bond-vs-godzilla

GODZILLA vs KONG - and JAMES BOND - Who Would Win?

giphy.gif

8c32b701a9cef4e87331780da10c46d1.gif
    I know my day's not till Monday, but we've had a few blank days so I thought I'd do another Christmas gift roundup. (You are absolutely allowed to buy these as Christmas gifts for yourself; after all, I did.)

I’ve mentioned Heel Tread’s Bond car-themed socks before. You can now buy a pack of 4 with designs inspired by the Aston Martin DB-5 and Vantage, Lotus Esprit and AMC Hornet.

SpyPack_Socks_Edit_2000x.jpg

The Bond Lifestyle website IDed Bond’s tactical gloves from NTTD as the Mil-Tec Combat Touch. I got mine for £8, free P&P, from Militarykit.com - they’re brilliant for cycling.

mil-tec-combat-touch-gloves-black_1024x1024.jpg?

Mark Mitchell (markmillustrator on Instagram) has some gorgeous Bond art in his Etsy shop ReelCultArt, including some great retro portraits inspired by Goldfinger and recreations of movie scenes in the style of the old newspaper comic strip. I ordered his Dalton strip and it came with a very lovely sketch too!

FGGJkjfWYAUM9qg.jpg

I think I posted Pierce’s bust from Legion Miniatures last year; this time it’s Tim. I couldn’t figure out how to buy from Legion Miniatures’ website but you can preorder from a company in Germany.

image?remote=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ilminiatures.com%2FWebRoot%2FStore31%2FShops%2F86416688%2F60DB%2F260D%2F757C%2FDC18%2F36EA%2F0A0C%2F6D12%2F94BC%2F208892537-1973170516170967-2919328798439074254-n.jpg&shop=86416688&width=709&height=2560

Finally, if you’re a fan of Turner’s painting The Fighting Temeraire, as seen in Skyfall, why not buy it on a print, face mask, umbrella or cushion from the National Gallery shop?

1046083.jpg