The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

• ForYourEyesOnlyForYourEyesOnly In the untained cradle of the heavens
    "Well I heard the price of eggs has gone up, but isn't that a little high?"

Love that line.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    Moore's delivery is always so spot on. I never understood Magda's scrapbook, random line or is there something obvious I'm missing?
    Slow orchestral version of ATH *sigh...* <3

Amazing music.
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Roger's expressions here with Magda are great.

"Something to remember me by?" ,':)
    DId anyone NOT laugh when she said "That's my little octopussy!" in theaters?
    I always liked Magda's long nails.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I can't believe that they couldn't do better than a 5 cent rub on tattoo. Hi-Def is not the friend of such things, I know, but that is one lazy tattoo.

Hahahah so true, they got it out of one of those quarter machines at an Acme.
    Roger's expressions here with Magda are great.

"Something to remember me by?" ,':)

I was definitely thinking of that shot!
    Another Roger nod.
    Rog looks better in most scenes here than he did in FYEO age-wise. Not sure if it had to do with what they did to his hair in FYEO. It's incredible that AVTAK was only 2 years later.
    Eeeeeen out. Eeeeeen out. Eeeeeen out.
    Rog looks better in most scenes here than he did in FYEO age-wise. Not sure if it had to do with what they did to his hair in FYEO. It's incredible that AVTAK was only 2 years later.

His hair is more neatly trimmed in OP.
    Eeeeeen out. Eeeeeen out. Eeeeeen out.

Ingrid Pitt
    Moore gets knocked out by a blow to the back of his head in every movie except TSWLM.
    Well I've run into a bit of trouble. I made an extra deep martini for the viewing so I didn't have to pause, but I'm enjoying this whole experience so much that I finished 10 minutes ago. Time to switch to a Heineken.

Was there beer sponsors for Bond before Heineken? I know Red Stripe was featured in DN but not sure if it was actually a sponsor or just happenstance.
    Moore gets knocked out by a blow to the back of his head in every movie except TSWLM.

That's right- I never realized that actually. I like the sound he makes in TMWTGG.
    Kamal describing Bond as if he's describing himself, lol.

Wow that's pretty crazy!
    I don't know if you all know what I'm referring too, but it is absolutely ridiculous.

Damn, I missed it!

That beeping noise on his watch is not very stealthy should any of the enemy be around.
    When it comes to older Moore, I think he looks his best in OP.
    Kamal is pretty suave. The great Louis Jourdan.
    Bond eating eggs.
    It's really hard to write a completely mute character. Even Gobinda gets a couple lines in there.

This scene is bizarre, but Jourdan's delivery makes it work. "True... but we don't have all the answers"
    edited December 2017 Posts: 1,984
    Magda does pretty much nothing from here on. Disappointing.
    When it comes to older Moore, I think he looks his best in OP.

I'd go with FYEO. Maybe it's the hair that I don't like in this one, not the face.

I remember as we left the cinema my Dad remarking how light Moore's hair was getting by this point.
    Kamal is pretty suave. The great Louis Jourdan.
    Bond eating eggs.

A top 5 villain for me, so underrated. I remember seeing OP in HS and hating it, not appreciating Jourdan's performance. How naive I was (and probably still am in some areas!)
    Aww... Magda I'll have a night cap with you :(
    Magda does pretty much nothing from here on. Disappointing.

Until she opens a can of whoop ass later and thrashes her opponent.
    Well I've run into a bit of trouble. I made an extra deep martini for the viewing so I didn't have to pause, but I'm enjoying this whole experience so much that I finished 10 minutes ago. Time to switch to a Heineken.

Was there beer sponsors for Bond before Heineken? I know Red Stripe was featured in DN but not sure if it was actually a sponsor or just happenstance.

He drinks American beer while in america in several novels. Miller High Life, that is far baser than Heineken.

I've got a couple of those left in the fridge as well! Time to crack one open.
    edited December 2017 Posts: 1,984
    I like that Moore does some proper spying in this one. In fact, the Moore movies, as far removed as they are from the Fleming books, involve some of the most actual spying.

John Glen sure loves his animal scares, doesn't he? At least one per movie.
    I like that Moore does some proper spying in this one. In fact, the Moore movies, as far removed as they are from the Fleming books, involve some of the most actual spying.

John Glen sure loves his animal scares, doesn't he?

I remember this section in the theater completely had me hooked. Bond sneaking around the Monsoon Palace.