The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

They'll print anything these days.............

Bad ass.
    Dr Kaufman. Great scene.
  • edited November 2017 Posts: 15,808
    barryt007 wrote: »
    I would have just kicked her out of the room.

Yeah. I might have too..........unless it had been Monica Bellucci instead.
    When he pushes over the satellite ,is pure old fashioned 'kiss my arse' Bond.

Classic!
    Car garage chase. This film really is in the style of Tom Mankiewicz and Christopher Wood. One set piece action sequence after another with brief dialogue bits in between. Luckily the dialogue here is pretty quotable.
    ToTheRight wrote: »

If she is there,the door is shut and I'm all hers !!
    ToTheRight wrote: »

If she is there,the door is shut and I'm all hers !!

A pity she wasn't cast in this one.

Bond in uniform. Pierce looks great, but isn't his hair a bit long in the back for Navy regulation?
    Jack Wade is the Sheriff J W Pepper of the Brosnan era. I used to say he makes Sheriff J W Pepper look like Sean Connery.
    HALO jump.
    Bond underwater. This is a fairly brief scene, cool to see some scuba action and reminds me of FYEO.
    I like when Bond is underwater and has to hold his breath for a long time............
    Caught........................I love this next section....
    some great stuff coming up..........

Great music as they fly towards the Carver building.
    Mister BOND......
    I love the way Pryce says that.
    I feel it goes downhill after the escape from Carver's tower and the motorbike chase..

It's official.....................Pryce is my favorite Brosnan era villain.
    Every time I see Ricky Jay I think of Boogie Nights.
    Banner escape..............
    Damn I have to save the rest for later............duty calls.
    Will pick this up again in a couple hours.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    TND - the Lewis Gilbert Bond film of the 90s. So underrated.
    Remington wrote: »

It has grown on me over the years, and took down TWINE as my second favorite Brosnan Bond film (behind GE). I still wouldn’t call TND one of my favorites ever, but there is a lot to like and it’s a really fun action film for the most part.
  • FoxRox wrote: »
    It has grown on me over the years, and took down TWINE as my second favorite Brosnan Bond film (behind GE). I still wouldn’t call TND one of my favorites ever, but there is a lot to like and it’s a really fun action film for the most part.

TND is a smasher. It's my favourite Brosnan Bond. I know Goldeneye is perhaps the better movie, but for sheer fun and thrills, I'll take TND.

Carver is a great villain. Easily the best of the Brosnan era.

Zorin, Sanchez, Carver, Silva. All grade 'A' bad bastards.

shamanimal wrote: »
    FoxRox wrote: »

TND is a smasher. It's my favourite Brosnan Bond. I know Goldeneye is perhaps the better movie, but for sheer fun and thrills, I'll take TND.

Carver is a great villain. Easily the best of the Brosnan era.

Zorin, Sanchez, Carver, Silva. All grade 'A' bad bastards.

Yes it's a lot of fun.

Back in action with TND

Shower scene..........Bond tries to put the moves on Wai Lin but to no avail.....
    Pierce looks great here- blue shirt, hair messed up.............
    Wai Lin fight scene............the audience cheered here.
    Cigarette lighter trick............knock out. I wonder if Bond got that from Jim Rockford?
    Remington wrote: »

I'd really like to see another one that's epic in scale like YOLT, TSWLM, MR and TND .
    I can recall some slight criticism of GE that Pierce was a bit to slight in build, but here he's heavier and looks strong.

Here's a nice little moment as they board the boat: "Maybe he'll take a check?" I love the Surrender theme coming in at that point.
    I love this little scene between Bond and Wai lin as they prepare.
    "Right decadent corrupt....western agent as a partner"
    WHAT THE HELL DO I PAY YOU FOR?
    The climax of this one took awhile for me to appreciate, actually. When I first saw it it seemed too Terminator like or from some other '90's action franchise. Now I'm loving it.
    Great sets by the underrated Allan Cameron. I'l love for him to return to Bond some day.

Carver mocks Wai Lin............still pretty funny.
    In a way, this action ending kind of plays like a video game. Lots of gun firing, Bond Theme kicks in for a minute.................

I must say, though I'm enjoying it to the point I may find it superior to all four Craig Bond climax sequences.
    Elliot gets thrashed.

Okay the main pet peeve I had with this climax was the dialogue between Stamper and Bond as they fight. Unnecessary, and too much like a cartoon action sequence from the Transformers TV show or something.
    Still, a minor quibble and TND may make a significant leap in my rankings.

SURRENDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My fave Brosnan theme!

This was a blast.
    A great Bond adventure.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I have a big problem with Carver in the second half. At first he is built up to be this man with great manipulative schemes, but by the end it's just another "shoot 'em up". And a weak death.

I will agree with this. Unfortunately after the motorcycle chase the film gets sort of meh for me. I also personally I am not a fan of Carver. But I love the movie’s action scenes, and I think Brosnan gives an extremely cool and confident performance as Bond - maybe his best work as 007. Without a doubt, the Brosnan films got progressively weaker for me. Love GE, like TND, then meh about TWINE and DAD.