The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited November 2017 Posts: 23,105
    OHMSS lends it's self to being upscale to 4k, though I want the Bond 4K box set now Eon, the earlier films will look phenomenal
    OHMSS lends it's self to being upscale to 4k, though I want the Bond 4K box set now Eon, the earlier films will look phenomenal

That would be nice. Being a completionist, I will just be very glad to get a (hopefully) great box set of all 25 Bond films with Craig's run being finished. But that won't be until 2020.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    FoxRox wrote: »

That would be nice. Being a completionist, I will just be very glad to get a (hopefully) great box set of all 25 Bond films with Craig's run being finished. But that won't be until 2020.

I have the Bond 50 box set on Bluray, upto OHMSS also on digital downloads it's great having Bond on phone or tablet ;) Watching the digital stream of OHMSS on my 4k TV now great picture though a fraction below the Bluray
    The Gumbold scene looks vivid, films shot in film will look better and better because of the original film negatives they can continually be upscaled
    There is almost zero noise on this film
    Every shot is perfection
    The Alpine room
    On Her Majestys Secret Service this film should never be abbreviated, the pre title sequence is arguably the best scene in the entire series...

I watched "Becoming Bond" for the first time last night. I'd highly recommend it if you haven't seen it yet. Very funny.

(casting director on the phone)
    "Listen, we're trying to find a replacement to Sean Connery...no Roger Moore is completely wrong for the part"
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    On Her Majestys Secret Service this film should never be abbreviated, the pre title sequence is arguably the best scene in the entire series...

I watched "Becoming Bond" for the first time last night. I'd highly recommend it if you haven't seen it yet. Very funny.

(casting director on the phone)
    "Listen, we're trying to find a replacement to Sean Connery...no Roger Moore is completely wrong for the part"

Noticed it on Amazon UK will definitely buy it when released

One of my favorite scenes from the Bond franchise. I absolutely love this part.

Great scene, indeed.
    mattjoes wrote: »

One of my favorite scenes from the Bond franchise. I absolutely love this part.

Great scene, indeed.

For sure. I think most people, love or hate SP, can agree this is one of, if not the film’s best part.
    TOMORROW NEVER DIES

This viewing will be interrupted by errands, but I felt like watching the PTS- now I'm at the Carver meeting Mickey G scene.
    Consider him slimed.
    There's no news like bad news.
    Pierce looks damn good in this one.
    David Arnold nails it from the get go. I can remember thinking this one felt far more like a classic Bond than GE just from Arnold's score.

The audience laughed at all of M's quips.
    If only that were true of you and I, Moneypenny...........
    The guy at the newstand just before Bond steps into frame has a very 1997 hair do.
    My fave Q scene in the Brosnan era.
    PierceBond in Hamburg is awesome..
    barryt007 wrote: »
    PierceBond in Hamburg is awesome..

He's very much Bond here. Effortlessly cool. I need to pop in Pierce's films more often. Pure entertainment.
    I love how he needles Carver at the party. We need a Craig scene like this.
    Also Pierce has a habit of addressing the villain by their first name.
    I believe I read back '97 that some of the henchmen pounding on Bond were stuntmen on DR NO. Not sure if that's accurate.
    The Paris seduction. Did I get too .........close?
    Pierce has some great facial expressions here.

It seems Pierce has a little trouble with her dress. Roger would have used his Rolex.
    Post love scene: Pierce's hair is perfect.
    I would have just kicked her out of the room.
    I always thought if The Muppets did a version of "Dracula" they way they did "A Christmas Carol" , Jonathan Pryce would have made a good Dracula.
    I really LOVE this section where Bond is sneaking into Carver's publishing office and press room.
    When he pushes over the satellite ,is pure old fashioned 'kiss my arse' Bond.
    Pierce-10 years after Remington Steele looking the business. Bond opens the safe.

Had Ian Ogilvy been cast as Bond in the 80's, I could really see him doing this type of scene.

Looking for a news story?
    Fight scene atop machinery...........one of my favorite Pierce fights actually.