The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

POLA IVANOVA!

JAAAAAAAMES BOND
    Fiona Fullerton's great here. Also in the Fleming biopic. Note to self....I need a copy of that, actually.
    Stacey's mansion comedic fight...............okay I'm going to attempt to pick out Barry's cue here......
    Damn this one is a bit tricky- F minor, and C minor and something else in between.........
    I'll wait for the fire truck chase and try again.......
    Elevator escape..........if this were a Craig film, he'd have an earpiece and the Scooby gang would be instructing him on how to get out of the elevator shaft.
    Roger didn't have it so easy, and must use common sense...............

STRETCH...........STRETCH

Don't go away.
    Another MacGyverism.........using the canister to prop the door open and fire hose to pull up Stacey. No gadgets. That's what Bond gets for teasing Q about his colonial shorts in YOLT.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    That fire scene is pretty cool. A good showcase of Bond being resourceful and calm under pressure.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    That fire scene is pretty cool. A good showcase of Bond being resourceful and calm under pressure.

I love it. A real heroic and feel good moment.
    Fire truck time for some humor after such intensity.......still working on those Barry chords....
    I think it's F minor with a C sharp in there, C minor..........G sharp.........

well I'm not backing up this scene..I'll have to practice this on my own till it sounds right.
    May Day death scene............

James..........JAMES JAMES!!!!!!!!!!!
    Golden Gate Bridge........one of my favorite climactic scenes in any Bond film.
    Little soap here.......little soap there....

THAT is not the soap.............

Ha ha OOOHHHH........

Great viewing of AVTAK. It's another Bond film I have a soft spot for. Had a blast seeing it in the cinemas with my folks as a kid. My mom thought the Zorin slaughter scene in the mines was too violent. My dad loved the film and kept saying: "wasn't that great?" throughout the day.
    Still, back then seeing a Bond film was a treat. In the States, we had the ABC network showing the Bonds every couple months or so and one could rent the films on VHS (if you had a player). Luckily new films came out regularly.

I miss Roger.

One of my favorite scenes from the Bond franchise. I absolutely love this part.
    A good scene but why do films still use the chess metaphor? Surely it's a cliché now.
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Fire truck time for some humor after such intensity.......still working on those Barry chords....

well I'm not backing up this scene..I'll have to practice this on my own till it sounds right.

Nice work @ToTheRight - I'm keen to give this a go on the guitar now!
    I HATE the fire engine chase but the score over it isn't too bad.
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    edited November 2017 Posts: 2,721
    Yeah - the fire truck chase scene is pretty bad. Barry's score throughout AVTAK is first class though. It really does elevate so many moments in the film.
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    A good scene but why do films still use the chess metaphor? Surely it's a cliché now.

Maybe so, but it’s one of the last things I think about when I watch the scene though. To me, fhis one scene is amazing for several reasons:

1. Mr. White gets a very good arc and a satisyfing send-off after waiting since 2008’s QoS. I didn’t like every callback SP made, but bringing back Mr. White was awesome.
    2. Bond and White both had a golden opportunity to kill each other, but they each chose not to. They had such bad blood, but for a valuable exhange they set their past aside.
    3. Craig and Christensen both give great performances in the scene.
    4. Mr. White committing suicide is original for the Bond series; as far as I remember, the villains never do this.
    5. The music and atmosphere works. There is palpable tension, and the music buildup is great. I know a lot of people hate on Newman’s work with the Bond films, but in this scene it’s perfect I think.

FoxRox wrote: »

One of my favorite scenes from the Bond franchise. I absolutely love this part.

Brilliant scene well executed if you excuse the pun! Just wish Mr White was utilised more and finally taken care of in Bond 25 as it now turns out? Jesper Christianson was fantastic in the role.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    ToTheRight wrote: »

Nice work @ToTheRight - I'm keen to give this a go on the guitar now!

I'll give it a go tomorrow. I can usually figure out a chord structure pretty quickly.

Let me know if you figure it out. I feel I'm missing a chord. :) Barry's music is fun to jam to while watching Bond.

@Major_Boothroyd Thanks! Lots of F minor in AVTAK.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited November 2017 Posts: 23,267
    On Her Majestys Secret Service this film should never be abbreviated, the pre title sequence is arguably the best scene in the entire series...
    On Her Majestys Secret Service this film should never be abbreviated, the pre title sequence is arguably the best scene in the entire series...

The whole film is simply brilliant. My second favorite Bond film ever, and probably will stay there.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    This is truly an amazing film the way it is shot is a complete one off
    Amazing score by John Barry
    Despite adversity OHMSS is one of the very best

The whole film is simply brilliant. My second favorite Bond film ever, and probably will stay there.

It oozes class throughout, CR your number one a guess

Correct. I love them both, but I have to give CR the edge because of Craig's performance. Not that Lazenby is bad - just that Craig is better. They have the best Bond girls for certain.

Correct. I love them both, but I have to give CR the edge because of Craig's performance. Not that Lazenby is bad - just that Craig is better. They have the best Bond girls for certain.

CR is the perfect modern Bond is very good, though maybe because of how many times have watched these particular films my top three is...

OHMSS
    FRWL
    TB