BOND FILM STATISTICS (#11: Licence To Kill Mentions)

Comments

• PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    And just for kicks, here is the entire dialogue for the two!

Lois Maxwell

DN
    Well, see if he’s there, will you? James, where on earth have you been? I’ve been searching London for you. 007 is here, sir. He’ll see you in a minute. Me. Given an ounce of encouragement. You never take me to dinner looking like this, James. You never take me to dinner. Period. Flattery will get you nowhere. But don't stop trying. Strangways. And it looks serious. We’ve been burning the air between here and Jamaica for three hours. Oh. In you go. Good luck.

FRWL
    He's been asking for you all morning. Where in the world are you James? I'll tell him. Hey your old case sounds interesting James. It'll be a miracle if he can explain where he's been all day. And one plane ticket, lucky man. I've never been to Istanbul. No. Maybe I should get you to take me there someday. I've tried everything else. Oh really, James? Good luck. Ciao.

GF
    Oh the only gold I know about is the kind you wear, you know, on the third finger of your left hand. Well, what about tonight you come around for dinner and I'll cook you a beautiful angel cake. That's the flimsiest excuse you've ever given me. Oh, well, some girls have all the luck. Who is she, James? So there's hope for me yet.

TB
    A red square with a spike through it? Oh, sorry sweetie you're off-duty. File it till you get back. On yogurt and lemon juice, I can hardly wait. I can't hear you James have you fainted? You are late! Uh-uh. In the conference room. Something pretty big. Every double o man in Europe's been rushed in. And the Home Secretary too. Smashing figure! I don't suppose that has anything to do with your request. Now James you can't pull the wool over my eyes. You may be able to con the old man but I know better. I could... James, how else will you recognize her? Sir.

YOLT
    You'd better go right in. You're late as usual, even from your own funeral. In you go, sir. Oh, by the way, how was the girl? Uh, the Chinese one we fixed you up with. Mm, she'll never know what she missed. Yes, sir. We tried to think of something that you wouldn't forget. I love you. Repeat it please to make sure you get it. James, good luck. Instant Japanese. You may need it.

OHMSS
    Well, replies to our Cairo, Amsterdam, and Madrid enquiries all negative, sir. James! Where have you been? Same old James. Oh! Only more so. Heartless brute! Letting me pine away without even a postcard. Oh, I'd adore that. If only I could trust myself. You'd better go in, he's running a very tight ship today. That was a quick conference. How do you expect a girl to keep herself alluring? Ready James. Resignation from what? He wants you James. What did you expect? A Knighthood? Why don't you read it. You didn't really want to resign did you? My problem is that you never do anything with me. Where are you off to? United Nations, sir, red scrambler. I always cry at weddings.

DAF
    Mr Franks, your passport is quite in order. A diamond in a ring? Yes.

LALD
    Good morning, Sir. Really? I've got your ticket to New York, Q has repaired your wrist watch, and some background material on San Monique. Oh, allow me. Bye, James. Or should I say "Ciao, Bello."

TMWTGG
    Alaska. Oh, poor Bill. I miss him. Officially, that was never confirmed. Beirut '69. In a cabaret with a lady called Saida. In all sorts of ways. But you never take advantage of them. Yes, sir. Yes James? Because they couldn't find the bullet, darling

TWSLM
    He's on a mission sir, in Austria. Good morning James. Uh-huh. My, it must have been quite a party.

MR
    He's on his last leg, sir. James! Why are you so late? Uh, Q and the minister of defense. And you should go right in. James! You look as though you just fallen off a mountain. The other courtyard.

FYEO
    James! What about the rest of you? Well, you'd better go in. M's on leave and the Minister's arrived here with the chief of staff and wants to see you immediately. I can hardly wait. Oh, haven't you forgotten something?

OP
    I am over here. This is Miss Penelope Smallbone, my new assistant. As I used to be? Oh, you're such a flatterer, James. So you've told me. Take it, dear. That's all you'll ever get from him. In nauseating detail.

AVTAK
    Thank goodness you're here, James! I've been trying to reach you all morning. What have you been up to? You're dedication, when you're on the job is most commendable, James. Aahh! Come on, Fluke, move your ar--!! Who's number one? The grey with him? Oh! Come on, Fluke! Oh! Come on, Fluke, get a wiggle on! Oh! Pegasus!

Caroline Bliss

TLD
    Well, James, she's just your type! I'll file that with the other secret information around here. It'll have to wait. M wants you out at the Blayden safe house. You'd better hurry. M wants you to stop at Harrod's on the way and pick up a parcel. I didn't know you were such a music lover, James. Anytime you want to drop by and listen to my Barry Manilow collection... Records just sent over this translation: "Kara Milovy, talented scholarship cellist, whose arm was injured in a minor accident during an intermission last week, will be back at the academy on Thursday afternoon playing Borodin's 'String Quartet No 2 in D'. That girl must be very talented!

LTK
    Sorry, sir. I did, sir. I thought you'd be worried about James. He's gone missing. Yes, sir. Q Branch please.

Samantha Bond

GE
    Transmission begins from Moneypenny. Identification confirmed: Onatopp, Xenia. Ex-Soviet fighter pilot. Current suspected links to the Janus crime syndicate, St. Petersburg. Yacht Manticore is leased to a known Janus corporate front. M authorizes you to observe Miss Onatopp, but stipulates no contact without prior approval. End of transmission, Moneypenny. Goodnight, James. I trust you'll stay Onatopp of things. Good evening, James. M will meet you in the Situation Room, I'm to take you straight in. Thank you, James! I know you'll find this crushing, 007, but I don't sit at home every night praying for some international incident so I can run down here all dressed up to impress James Bond. I was on a date, if you must know, with a gentleman. We went to the theater together. As far as I can remember, James, you've never had me. You know, this sort of behaviour could qualify as sexual harassment. Someday you have to make good on your innuendos. No, I insist. You first.

TND
    James? James? Where are you? I'm afraid you're gonna have to kiss off your lesson, James. We've got a situation here at the Ministry of Defense. We’re sending the fleet to China. Make that thirty minutes. You always were a cunning linguist, James. Don't ask. James. Your ticket, cover story, and rental car reservation. Sign here, please. Queen and country, James! You'll just have to decide how much pumping is needed, James.

TWINE
    James, have you brought me a souvenir from your trip? Chocolates? An engagement ring? How romantic. I know exactly where to put that. M. I'm sure she was touched by his dedication...to the job in hand. The car.

DAD
    All I got was a storm warning. James! Oh, James. Erm... I was erm... just testing it out. Yes, very.

Pamela Salem
    Have you got an assignment, James? Oh. Do be careful. Oh, here you are! James, we both should be. Instead I'm looking everywhere for you. Forget that. M wants to see you right now. It's panic stations upstairs. He's been with the prime minister all day. I think you're back in business, James. Welcome home!

Naomie Harris

SF
    He's in the black Audi. What about Ronson? I wasn't using that one either. Just get clear! Tanner, which way? Down, sir! They're on the train, ma'am! I mean they're on top of a train. I'm still with them. VW Beetles. I think. Bond! He's uncoupling the cars! It's rather hard to explain ma'am. 007's still in pursuit! Looks like there isn't much more road! I don't think I can go any further I may have a shot. It's not clean. Repeat, I do not have a clean shot. There's a tunnel ahead. I'm going to lose them. Negative, there's no time. I can't, I may hit Bond. Agent down. She's ready for you. I'm the one who should say sorry. I've been reassigned. Temporary suspension from field work. Hmm! Something to do with killing 007. That was hardly my best shot. I doubt you'll get the chance. I'm assisting Gareth Mallory in the transition, and then I'll be back in the field. Yes, of course. Then you better keep moving. Room service. I've got some new information. It's all part of the learning curve. And Q's afraid of flying. So whoever stole the list has already decrypted it. They posted the first five names on the web. Well, that's just the start. They're posting five more next week, and the week after. It's some kind of sadistic game. Cutthroat razor. How very traditional. Sometimes the old ways are the best. Are you putting your life in my hands again? My official directive was to help in any way I can. You know, Mallory's not as bad as you think. You should do your homework. Gareth Mallory was a lieutenant colonel. So there's more to him than meets the eye. Keep still. This is the tricky part. Now that's better. You look the part now. Mm. Old dog, new tricks. Evening. I've got them covered. You don't scrub up so bad yourself. You're telling me. I like a little flutter now and then. Who doesn't like to take chances? She's pretty. If you like that sort of thing. Go, go, go, go! Move! Move! Go! Move! Wow. I didn't even know you could come up here. I can see why. I declined. You said it yourself, fieldwork's not for everyone. Her will was read today. She left you this. Maybe it was her way of telling you to take a desk job. Oh! Well, my name's Eve. Eve Moneypenny. Me, too. I'm sure we'll have one or two close shaves.

SP
    James. So? How was the meeting? Here. Forensics finally released this. It's personal effects they recovered from Skyfall. What do you mean? Evening. Have you just moved in? Well, I like what you've done with the place. Your delivery. No, thanks. I'm not staying. What's going on, James? There's not one person at MI6 who isn't talking about it. That what you did in Mexico was one step too far. That you're finished. I think you're just getting started. All right. I think you've got a secret. And it's something you won't tell anyone. Because you don't trust anyone. Jesus. Where did you get it? Well, she was never short of surprises. And what have you found? When's the funeral? If you think M's signing off on that, you're insane. He won't let you out of his sight. You want me to be your mole. And what makes you think you can trust me? Oh, it's just something from an admirer. No, sir. That was last week. Bond? So, she was right. I ran that check. Oh, my boss had his credit card stolen. It's nothing. Why don't you go back to sleep. No one. It's just a friend. It's called life, James. You should try it sometime. The Pale King. It looks like you had dealings with him before. Quantum. That's him. Last unconfirmed sighting, Altaussee in Austria, four months ago. Yeah. Okay. Go. After his death? What are you talking about? Bond? I ran that check. Looks like you've had dealings with him before. Quantum. Last unconfirmed sighting, Altaussee in Austria. Good evening, sir. Sorry to interrupt your supper, but we have some news. See, every known map registers it is empty desert. But, sir, we know where he's heading. Sir, we can't just desert Bond. They've seen us! Reverse! No. But I can hazard a guess.

Sorry to derail you! Back to deleted scenes.
  • gumboltgumbolt Now with in-office photocopier
    For some reason I was taken with Connery's consumption of a red apple while walking upstairs in NSNA. Can anyone describe Bond's stats with eating fruit?
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    No problem guys, I'll change the title of the thread as soon as it gets posted.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    Great work @PropertyOfALady completing the Moneypenny chronicles!

Did not know Bliss spoke so much in TLD. The thing that always struck me was how much better she looked at the TLD premiere and promotional shoots than the librarian look they gave her in the film. http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/actors-maryam-dabo-timothy-dalton-and-caroline-bliss-attend-a-for-picture-id175576502?s=594x594

Also a shame that they got away from Samantha Bond after a prominent role (comparatively) in GE and another solid outing in TND.
    I edited the original opening post. Everything we did can be found there, nicely in proper order.

#01 Time, when James Bond, the character, first appears on screen and when he talks - for each movie, presented by @bondjasonbond006 and @PropertyOfALady

#02 First flirts, kills, and sexy time for Mr Bond in each film, presented by @PropertyOfALady

#03 Moneypenny, everything about Lois, all about Eve, it’s a Bliss to watch Bond. presented by @bondjasonbond006 and @PropertyOfALady

#04 Moneypenny speaks! presented by @MooseWithFleas and @PropertyOfALady

#05 THE ANIMALS OF BOND presented by @birdleson (go to top of this page 6 for the post Part I and II) it sadly didn't fit in the original post.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    I edited the original opening post. Everything we did can be found there, nicely in proper order.

#01 Time, when James Bond, the character, first appears on screen and when he talks - for each movie, presented by @bondjasonbond006 and @PropertyOfALady

#02 First flirts, kills, and sexy time for Mr Bond in each film, presented by @PropertyOfALady

#03 Moneypenny, everything about Lois, all about Eve, it’s a Bliss to watch Bond. presented by @bondjasonbond006 and @PropertyOfALady

#05 THE ANIMALS OF BOND presented by @birdleson (go to top of this page 6 for the post Part I and II) it sadly didn't fit in the original post.

Thanks. That's very useful. Perhaps it could be easy if you just renew the first post with the page number where we can find each theme...
    Ok...
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Wow, outstanding work @Birdleson. First time I've really read anything in this thread. Got to go back and start from Page 1 now.
    John Glen would like this list of animals.
    edited October 2016 Posts: 9,020
    Overview of where to find what:

PAGE 1 top:
    #01 Time, when James Bond, the character, first appears on screen and when he talks - for each movie, presented by @BondJasonBond006 and @PropertyOfALady

#03 Moneypenny, everything about Lois, all about Eve, it’s a Bliss to watch Bond. presented by @BondJasonBond006 and @PropertyOfALady

PAGE 6 top:
    #05 THE ANIMALS OF BOND presented by @Birdleson
    Why have you put your name in lowercase, Jason?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited November 2016 Posts: 10,588
    @Birdleson

James Bond's Birds of the West Indies was meant to feature somewhere in Bond's apartment for Spectre, if this BTS clapperboard photo is anything to go by.

B_6bB-mWsAArsoO.jpg
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Also, a lion statue can be seen on a desk at Guy Haines' estate for Quantum of Solace during its unused epilogue.

xqos_91_500.jpg.pagespeed.ic.hS0plAki-K.jpg
    @Birdleson
    Severine wears fur from an unknown animal while delivering the briefcase to Patrice in this deleted scene:

http://pics.filmaffinity.com/Skyfall-917552302-large.jpg
    oh certainly, thank you!
    edited December 2016 Posts: 9,020
    #06 POP CULTURE REFERENCES in Bond films contributed by @all

moved to top of page 8
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Necros listens to The Pretenders. Does that count?
    it counts! @Thunderfinger added it above.
    Excellent.

How about Sheena Easton in the title sequence? Not sure if that constitutes as a reference, though.
    @jake24
    good point, may be a grey area, but it's her, she is pop culture, I'm adding it :)
    How about Sammy Davis Jr in Diamonds Are Forever? Deleted scene, of course.
    jake24 wrote: »
    How about Sammy Davis Jr in Diamonds Are Forever? Deleted scene, of course.

you are good :D of course added above!

Does Madonna's cameo count?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    This may seem general and obvious, but I would contend that many Bond films in their entirety have reflected current pop culture & crazes of the day, at least thematically.

YOLT - Apollo space flights
    LALD - Blaxploitation
    TMWTGG - Kung Fu
    TSWLM - Jaws
    MR - Star Wars
    OP - Indiana Jones
    LTK - Miami Vice
    DAD - Austin Powers & XXX
    QoS - Jason Bourne
    SF - TDK
    Good one.
    oh wow, great! @Birdleson added.
    I think Madonna doesn't count, she is playing a character in DAD. @jake24
    Indeed your right.
    What about the Tarzan yell in OP?