BOND FILM STATISTICS (#11: Licence To Kill Mentions)

Comments

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    OMG Octopussy is a Zoo!!

Your passion for Bond is unrivalled Mr @Birdleson !
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I didn't even think to add Q's robot at the end of AVTAK, good catch.
    We get all of our CG animals in just two Craig movies, as well.
  • Jesus there were so many animals in the 80s. Good work @Birdleson on what is so far a very comprehensive listing.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Regarding The World is Not Enough:

Not sure if this counts since it didn't end up in the final cut. At 5:18.

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Ok, I see. This is a hell of a thread by the way. All these expansive lists must take you people ages of research.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    In DAF what about the quote "Right idea Mr Bond" "But wrong pussy."

Also "I was out walking my pet rat and seem to have lost my way."
    Nice work, though when does Blofeld draw a swan? It's a heart if I remember correctly.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I've always seen it as a swan, from the first time.

I'm looking at it on my computer right now, and it looks like your probably right, its ends up being a heart. But I still think that the initial stroke is meant to evoke a swan.
    The swan would have been a nice touch.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    @Birdleson that is one hell of a great job you've done there congratulations..
    Before we change the title of the thread we want to thank you and be in awe of this incredible piece of work you did, it's simply amazing!
    Yes that's another insane piece of work and by GoldenEye I had to hold @PropertyOfALady 's hand, and promise him that'll be all over soon.
    I only did DAD by numbers and MI6's command center with the big screens almost drove me nuts.
    I went through those TWINE numbers, and that was it for me, so kudos to @PropertyOfALady for making it through the entirety of all of them.

'CR '67' demands a few more viewings, as I'm sure we missed several animals throughout.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    If you would like I could do CR67 for numbers too.
    I could do Johnny English and Austin Powers by Numbers.....
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    I could do Johnny English and Austin Powers by Numbers.....
    Jason please don't .

• Amazing, exhaustive work.

A couple additions: the yacht "The Manticore" in GoldenEye and the yacht "The Chimera" in Skyfall.
    Since I'm capable of doing it, @Birdleson, do you mind if I edit your master list myself if I ever stumble upon any additions (found one in OHMSS the other day and just added it), or would you rather I mention it here so you can edit it yourself?
    Can do! My addition included two horses in the street during the very first shot we see of Bond (when he first begins to drive away at the beginning of the PTS).
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    What about unseen microbes ?
    Wow, I only browsed the list. I will read it properly later. Good job!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    What about unseen microbes ?

Is that what you call Pierce Brosnan?
    Irishmen are also human beings, or so I have heard.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    Earlier in this thread, the team did some great work on Miss Monneypenny statistics. Here is another good one courtesy of @PropertyOfALady who did all the heavy lifting. # of words said by Maxwell vs Harris's Moneypenny. Only thing I did was sum the words together for each movie, all kudos go to POAL!

Lois Maxwell # of Word's Spoken as Moneypenny

Film - Words
    Dr. No - 85
    From Russia With Love - 69
    Goldfinger - 65
    Thunderball - 107
    You Only Live Twice - 75
    On Her Majesty's Secret Service - 123
    Diamonds Are Forever - 14
    Live And Let Die - 35
    The Man With The Golden Gun - 45
    The Spy Who Loved Me - 19
    Moonraker - 39
    For Your Eyes Only - 40
    Octopussy - 40
    A View To A Kill - 58

Total Words Spoken: 814

Naomie Harris # of Word's Spoken as Moneypenny

Film - Words
    Skyfall - 420
    Spectre - 309

Total Words Spoken: 729

And there you have it! After 2 films Harris has almost spoken more than Maxwell in her 14 films. Bliss might be under 50 and Samantha Bond might be under 100 as well.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    And just for kicks, here is the entire dialogue for the two!

Lois Maxwell

DN
    Well, see if he’s there, will you? James, where on earth have you been? I’ve been searching London for you. 007 is here, sir. He’ll see you in a minute. Me. Given an ounce of encouragement. You never take me to dinner looking like this, James. You never take me to dinner. Period. Flattery will get you nowhere. But don't stop trying. Strangways. And it looks serious. We’ve been burning the air between here and Jamaica for three hours. Oh. In you go. Good luck.

FRWL
    He's been asking for you all morning. Where in the world are you James? I'll tell him. Hey your old case sounds interesting James. It'll be a miracle if he can explain where he's been all day. And one plane ticket, lucky man. I've never been to Istanbul. No. Maybe I should get you to take me there someday. I've tried everything else. Oh really, James? Good luck. Ciao.

GF
    Oh the only gold I know about is the kind you wear, you know, on the third finger of your left hand. Well, what about tonight you come around for dinner and I'll cook you a beautiful angel cake. That's the flimsiest excuse you've ever given me. Oh, well, some girls have all the luck. Who is she, James? So there's hope for me yet.

TB
    A red square with a spike through it? Oh, sorry sweetie you're off-duty. File it till you get back. On yogurt and lemon juice, I can hardly wait. I can't hear you James have you fainted? You are late! Uh-uh. In the conference room. Something pretty big. Every double o man in Europe's been rushed in. And the Home Secretary too. Smashing figure! I don't suppose that has anything to do with your request. Now James you can't pull the wool over my eyes. You may be able to con the old man but I know better. I could... James, how else will you recognize her? Sir.

YOLT
    You'd better go right in. You're late as usual, even from your own funeral. In you go, sir. Oh, by the way, how was the girl? Uh, the Chinese one we fixed you up with. Mm, she'll never know what she missed. Yes, sir. We tried to think of something that you wouldn't forget. I love you. Repeat it please to make sure you get it. James, good luck. Instant Japanese. You may need it.

OHMSS
    Well, replies to our Cairo, Amsterdam, and Madrid enquiries all negative, sir. James! Where have you been? Same old James. Oh! Only more so. Heartless brute! Letting me pine away without even a postcard. Oh, I'd adore that. If only I could trust myself. You'd better go in, he's running a very tight ship today. That was a quick conference. How do you expect a girl to keep herself alluring? Ready James. Resignation from what? He wants you James. What did you expect? A Knighthood? Why don't you read it. You didn't really want to resign did you? My problem is that you never do anything with me. Where are you off to? United Nations, sir, red scrambler. I always cry at weddings.

DAF
    Mr Franks, your passport is quite in order. A diamond in a ring? Yes.

LALD
    Good morning, Sir. Really? I've got your ticket to New York, Q has repaired your wrist watch, and some background material on San Monique. Oh, allow me. Bye, James. Or should I say "Ciao, Bello."

TMWTGG
    Alaska. Oh, poor Bill. I miss him. Officially, that was never confirmed. Beirut '69. In a cabaret with a lady called Saida. In all sorts of ways. But you never take advantage of them. Yes, sir. Yes James? Because they couldn't find the bullet, darling

TWSLM
    He's on a mission sir, in Austria. Good morning James. Uh-huh. My, it must have been quite a party.

MR
    He's on his last leg, sir. James! Why are you so late? Uh, Q and the minister of defense. And you should go right in. James! You look as though you just fallen off a mountain. The other courtyard.

FYEO
    James! What about the rest of you? Well, you'd better go in. M's on leave and the Minister's arrived here with the chief of staff and wants to see you immediately. I can hardly wait. Oh, haven't you forgotten something?

OP
    I am over here. This is Miss Penelope Smallbone, my new assistant. As I used to be? Oh, you're such a flatterer, James. So you've told me. Take it, dear. That's all you'll ever get from him. In nauseating detail.

AVTAK
    Thank goodness you're here, James! I've been trying to reach you all morning. What have you been up to? You're dedication, when you're on the job is most commendable, James. Aahh! Come on, Fluke, move your ar--!! Who's number one? The grey with him? Oh! Come on, Fluke! Oh! Come on, Fluke, get a wiggle on! Oh! Pegasus!

Naomie Harris

SF
    He's in the black Audi. What about Ronson? I wasn't using that one either. Just get clear! Tanner, which way? Down, sir! They're on the train, ma'am! I mean they're on top of a train. I'm still with them. VW Beetles. I think. Bond! He's uncoupling the cars! It's rather hard to explain ma'am. 007's still in pursuit! Looks like there isn't much more road! I don't think I can go any further I may have a shot. It's not clean. Repeat, I do not have a clean shot. There's a tunnel ahead. I'm going to lose them. Negative, there's no time. I can't, I may hit Bond. Agent down. She's ready for you. I'm the one who should say sorry. I've been reassigned. Temporary suspension from field work. Hmm! Something to do with killing 007. That was hardly my best shot. I doubt you'll get the chance. I'm assisting Gareth Mallory in the transition, and then I'll be back in the field. Yes, of course. Then you better keep moving. Room service. I've got some new information. It's all part of the learning curve. And Q's afraid of flying. So whoever stole the list has already decrypted it. They posted the first five names on the web. Well, that's just the start. They're posting five more next week, and the week after. It's some kind of sadistic game. Cutthroat razor. How very traditional. Sometimes the old ways are the best. Are you putting your life in my hands again? My official directive was to help in any way I can. You know, Mallory's not as bad as you think. You should do your homework. Gareth Mallory was a lieutenant colonel. So there's more to him than meets the eye. Keep still. This is the tricky part. Now that's better. You look the part now. Mm. Old dog, new tricks. Evening. I've got them covered. You don't scrub up so bad yourself. You're telling me. I like a little flutter now and then. Who doesn't like to take chances? She's pretty. If you like that sort of thing. Go, go, go, go! Move! Move! Go! Move! Wow. I didn't even know you could come up here. I can see why. I declined. You said it yourself, fieldwork's not for everyone. Her will was read today. She left you this. Maybe it was her way of telling you to take a desk job. Oh! Well, my name's Eve. Eve Moneypenny. Me, too. I'm sure we'll have one or two close shaves.

SP
    James. So? How was the meeting? Here. Forensics finally released this. It's personal effects they recovered from Skyfall. What do you mean? Evening. Have you just moved in? Well, I like what you've done with the place. Your delivery. No, thanks. I'm not staying. What's going on, James? There's not one person at MI6 who isn't talking about it. That what you did in Mexico was one step too far. That you're finished. I think you're just getting started. All right. I think you've got a secret. And it's something you won't tell anyone. Because you don't trust anyone. Jesus. Where did you get it? Well, she was never short of surprises. And what have you found? When's the funeral? If you think M's signing off on that, you're insane. He won't let you out of his sight. You want me to be your mole. And what makes you think you can trust me? Oh, it's just something from an admirer. No, sir. That was last week. Bond? So, she was right. I ran that check. Oh, my boss had his credit card stolen. It's nothing. Why don't you go back to sleep. No one. It's just a friend. It's called life, James. You should try it sometime. The Pale King. It looks like you had dealings with him before. Quantum. That's him. Last unconfirmed sighting, Altaussee in Austria, four months ago. Yeah. Okay. Go. After his death? What are you talking about? Bond? I ran that check. Looks like you've had dealings with him before. Quantum. Last unconfirmed sighting, Altaussee in Austria. Good evening, sir. Sorry to interrupt your supper, but we have some news. See, every known map registers it is empty desert. But, sir, we know where he's heading. Sir, we can't just desert Bond. They've seen us! Reverse! No. But I can hazard a guess.
    Yes of course!
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Absurd and fascinating stuff! =D> ^:)^
    Thanks, @MooseWithFleas!
    You are crazy, but thanks for doing it. It is interesting all the same.
    Of course go on @birdleson
    Here I shall do the same for the rest of the Moneypennys.

Lois Maxwell # of Words Spoken as Moneypenny

Film - Words
    Dr. No - 85
    From Russia With Love - 69
    Goldfinger - 65
    Thunderball - 107
    You Only Live Twice - 75
    On Her Majesty's Secret Service - 123
    Diamonds Are Forever - 14
    Live And Let Die - 35
    The Man With The Golden Gun - 45
    The Spy Who Loved Me - 19
    Moonraker - 39
    For Your Eyes Only - 40
    Octopussy - 40
    A View To A Kill - 58

Total Words Spoken: 814

Caroline Bliss # of Words Spoken as Moneypenny
    The Living Daylights - 117
    Licence to Kill - 20

Total Words Spoken: 137

Samantha Bond # of Words Spoken as Moneypenny
    GoldenEye - 165
    Tomorrow Never Dies - 72
    The World is Not Enough - 38
    Die Another Day - 20

Total Words Spoken: 295

Pamela Salem # of Words Spoken as Moneypenny
    Never Say Never Again - 55

Total Words Spoken: 55

By the way, I realised we did not count her in our original thread and so it appears that she is on screen for 37 seconds in 2 scenes.

Naomie Harris # of Words Spoken as Moneypenny

Film - Words
    Skyfall - 420
    Spectre - 309

Total Words Spoken: 729