What country would you like to be the MAIN location for BOND 26?

Comments

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    May 2019
    Norway, obviously.
    Hopefully. Someday.
  • LFSLFS
    edited June 2020 Posts: 40
    Bond should go to Australia.
    Raymond Benson put him there (for a relatively short segment) in his first Bond book, one of Horak's comics made great use of Australia's outback. Australia would have so much to offer, and you may not even need Sydney! There's the nature, there's sharks (!), there's the advantage of it being an English-speaking country.
    I would love using Australia. It's quite strange it has never been done.
    Bond needs to go to Ireland.Weve had everything from Game Of Thrones and Star Wars shot over here so they would be foolish not to have at least some of the plot the next Bond take place in the Emerald isle.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    I would love to see bond in East Africa. I believe he goes to Mombasa in the Hildebrand Rarity, so it isn't even uncharted territory for Fleming.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Dubrovnik, Croatia
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Milton Keynes, UK.
  • edited June 2020 Posts: 565
    I definitely think Bond should go to Australia and/or New Zealand. But if he goes, they need to do a YOLT/DN and spend some genuine time there. I would hate this continent/country being cut short when it has so much to offer.

Otherwise, I know it may seem silly at this point because of CR, but Bond should go to Montenegro for real. I had my honeymoon there last year and damn that county is beautiful! Perhaps there can be something stirring in the Balkans. Remnants of the war is is still very apparent making it quite interesting and there's lots of good lesser know places to explore!
    Bay of Kotor - craggy mountains, pristine water, and tight windy roads with lots of mixed traffic along the coast (Prčanj/Muo)
    Sveti Stefan - unique peninsula on the sun kissed Adriatic (various celebs have been there to vacation)
    Ostrog Monastery - monastery built into the face of a cliff
    Tunnels of Piva Lake - amazingly beautiful drive with short tunnels that overlook the lake and mountainside
    Tara River Canyon - hard to access, but super scenic rapids buried in Europe's deepest canyon.

If it would be more of a Balkans region, then some other places could include:
    Mostar, Bosnia & Herzegovina - bombed out buildings and a fairytale setting all in one. Seriously gorgeous and a uniquely interesting place that is screaming to being discovered!
    Dubrovnik, Croatia - Famous scenic coastal town that's been filmed in and has an infinity amount of stairs.
    Korčula, Croatia (or similar island town) - Can't go wrong with island towns on the Mediterranean/Adriatic, right???
    Belgrade, Serbia It's got a good flavor of its own. Definitely got the eastern Europe vibe.
    Windy dirt roads of Bosnia & Herzegovina - active land mines, washed out narrow dirt roads, shear cliffs on either side, and various traffic from cattle to semis - perfect for a chase right? (ie. M20 between Gacko and Foča)

Lastly, I'll give a nod to Tallin, Estonia for its Old Town. It's got a growing tech sector and could be good for a short visit with some unique architecture.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited July 2020 Posts: 5,975
    Eon will never do it, but Argentina.

QoS had a good idea in going to South America. Now they just need a story to match the locations.

Also, The Seychelles (very Flemingesque).
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    Canada!! We were sooo close with Bond25 and Boyle
    Bentley007 wrote: »
    Canada!! We were sooo close with Bond25 and Boyle

Pretty sure it would've doubled for Russia! But if Bond actually comes to Canada, he could take on the Quebec maple syrup mafia.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Lots of good ideas. The Middle East certainly feels a bit under represented by Bond. I think I wouldn’t mind seeing a slightly more modern and realistic depiction of India. I can imagine Craig’s Bond there.
    When did he last visit Japan?
  • edited July 2020 Posts: 97
    It's time for cineamatic Bond to visit an area of the planet he has never visited before: Sub-Saharan Africa. (Okay, we saw "Madagascar" in CR for 10 minutes or so, but that's it.) I would give my right arm for a Bond film that is mostly or completely set in Sub-Saharan Africa. Give me the jungles of Congo, the peaceful savannas of Botswana, the dangers of Burkina Faso and the bustling city life of Lagos!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Yup, works for me: Africa feels like a Bond location very untapped. And it's obviously full of intrigue in a way that somewhere like Australia isn't.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    I would also like to see Bond visiting the Balkans. Lots of untapped beautiful landscapes and towns, fascinating mixtures of religions as well.
    New Zealand for a skiing scene.
  • edited July 2020 Posts: 7,500
    I know it is highly unlikely in this modern age, but I would love if Bond could visit some truly exotic places again. The temples of Kathmandu or Lhasa in the Himalayas, the jungles of Kenya or Tanzania, the volcanic islands of Indonesia, the Inca villages of Cuzco and Macchu Picchu in mountaineous Peru, the rocky desert landscapes and UNESCO sights of Jordan... Or at the very least something like the temple city of Kyoto or the spectacular island of Hokkaido in Japan.

Yes, it would be expensive and give challenges of logistics, but it would bring some of the sense of escapism back!
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    jobo wrote: »
    I know it is highly unlikely in this modern age, but I would love if Bond could visit some truly exotic places again. The temples of Kathmandu or Lhasa in the Himalayas, the jungles of Kenya or Tanzania, the volcanic islands of Indonesia, the Inca villages of Cuzco and Macchu Picchu in mountaineous Peru, the rocky desert landscapes and UNESCO sights of Jordan... Or at the very least something like the temple city of Kyoto or the spectacular island of Hokkaido in Japan.

Yes, it would be expensive and give challenges of logistics, but it would bring some of the sense of escapism back!

Exactly!!!!! this is what am talking about....Sheer, undiluted escapism!
    At some point, they must surely want to explore locations in Africa a bit more? I mean, look at this:

James_bond_world_locations_films.PNG
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    At some point, they must surely want to explore locations in Africa a bit more? I mean, look at this:

Very cool graph, but not quite updated.
  • edited July 2020 Posts: 17,279

Very cool graph, but not quite updated.

Yes, it's not quite up to date. With the release of NTTD (if not sooner), I expect this graph will be edited.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Yeah I'm up for Africa. And that's a huge variety of locations contained in that! India too.
    mtm wrote: »
    Yeah I'm up for Africa. And that's a huge variety of locations contained in that! India too.

Absolutely!
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Africa and Australia.
    AstonLotus wrote: »
    Bond needs to go to Ireland.Weve had everything from Game Of Thrones and Star Wars shot over here so they would be foolish not to have at least some of the plot the next Bond take place in the Emerald isle.

Maybe some filming there, but can’t begin to explain the issues that would be raised by a UK Government agent operating in Ireland - north or south.

Given that the UK military train in Canada, it would make a great location
  • MSL49MSL49 Finland
    Helsinki Finland.
  • RoadphillRoadphill United Kingdom
    A nice, Far East setting. Indonesia or Malaysia, with a scene or two in Singapore perhaps? That's an amazing city. I visited last year, and there are so many 'Bond worthy' buildings..
    It's high time for Bond to go back to Florida. Specifically, Mar-a-Lago.
    How about $&^#-ing Bruges ? For those who've seen the Colin Farrell, Brendon Gleason film, you'll know why I use here the full name for $%#*-ing Bruges. By the way -- Ralph Fiennes already knows the way there. Yes, that means he was in the film, too. For those who've not seen the film, or have but left their sensayuma there, if they ever had one, yes, YES this is just a %&#-ing joke.

Here's a genuine location suggestion -- and it comes from The Source: Fleming. The location ? The Seychelles Islands. Not for the whole film or even a long stretch, but for some. It's a unique place, and a uniquely beautiful and sexy one. It had a reputation as a place where agents of both sides in the Cold War would be present, knew who was who, but did not engage in "wet work" on each other.
  • __M____M__ MidwestUSA
    This all depends on which Fleming novel is being recreated.