Mi6 Members Past and Present Appreciation Thread.

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Thank you indeed for the kind words, @peter. My profound respects to you, sir.
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 6,601
    peter wrote: »
    nosolace got nosolace banned.

I agree. The reason he had so many people against him was his attitude. Not his opinions. @MajorDSmythe isn't a fan of the Craig era at all and has been fairly vocal about that yet he's been around for years and he's respected by other members as well as being a mod, because he doesn't go around saying "I'm right and you're wrong, look how amazing I am, if you disagree you're just a moron who can't appreciate logic and reason" like solace did.

I was actually in the camp sticking up for him at one point but he seemed to get worse imo. Bought it on himself.

Exactly. Nobody has ever seen me going about against the Major, even though he certainly isnt a fan. Its the attitude, nothing else that brought him the ban and should have been done months ago and as RC7 says, the constant moralizing of bondjames is unnerving and totally unnecessary.

See - we dont need you spreading your motherly wings over everybody, who gets a clear word or two. Sometimes people deserve it, you know. Not every situation needs to be brought into flat waters. Sometimes its necessary to adress things to get them out of zhe way. What you do is often just prolong matters, like in this case. Leave it to the mods, as it was already said here. Thank you.
    And thank you Peter. Its not easy to be the woman among all these men and a fangirl and Outspoken. But its rather refreshing to be able to just not have to lie sbout things to not dress up every word. I dont do this here, as all of us do more or less in daily life.

Bit certainly that doesnt make a lot of friends. Thats ok. I can live with that :)
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Well I haven't been on here all that long but I've come to really like the majority of you guys. Just felt like saying that. Cheers.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    @Germanlady, I prefer not to lose anyone's commentary on this forum because everyone brings a voice for me to follow. This case has been the first one I've spoken up on prior to a decision being taken because I have missed some of the interesting members who I have seen dispatched over the years, who I felt enriched this place even if I didn't agree with their views. He's gone now, so hopefully you are happier. I'll promise to dial down the moralizing if you will.

@Remington, likewise it's a pleasure and from my perspective at least the same goes for everyone who I regularly and occasionally interact with here. Good conversation and great fun.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Most on mi6 are lovely people, there are
    A few As*holes, but I try and ignore them.
    @bondjames, and this is reslly out of interest not nagging - why on earth are you so interested in listening either to a holes or arrogant pricks ( mostly these people are both) and in solaces case someone, who showed on top of the other two NO respect whstsoever for other people. Being you, this should have disturbed you a lot. I wonder why it didnt or why you chose to overlook it.
    edited May 2018 Posts: 23,883
    @Germanlady, I guess I just didn't find him to be either of those things. His communication style was very abrupt, but as I mentioned somewhere else, I've seen that with some others. I know he rubbed you and a few others the wrong way but I suppose I just understood what he was getting at, even though he didn't communicate it well. I'm generally a dispassionate sort, so I just try to understand what the point of the discussion is about and take away the emotion. Most of the time these things are down to misunderstandings which get out of hand. Then it's difficult to repair. Anyway, he's gone so it's really moot now. I just hope we can all have pleasant conversation going forward on 'that thread', whatever our views may be. Some news would be nice too.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    What respect was Nosolace shown? If anything, people noticed that his opinions didn't fall in line, and went after him. His biggest failing was not being able to rise above it, and allowing himself to get dragged in multiple spats. Now those that gave as good as they got in those encounters moralize about his attitude being the problem.
    Guess we wont agree. No big surprise, but no problem either. He is gone finally and thats a good thing.

Thanks for the answer bondjames. I nderstand what you say, but I cannot „understand“ the purpose of playing it like that. Sometimes it might be good to act soothing, bit often enough it just prolongs the pain as in this case.

Anyway, wishing all a good holiday
    BTW, just saying - sometimes it might be better to listen to what people say instead of making ig a goal to „rise above“ it.

Goes for me as for other. All the same
    Point taken. It's been a learning experience for all of us. Perhaps you're right that I prolonged the inevitable.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Thanks for the mention and your words, @peter

There's a lot of good people around here (like you). Let's focus on them!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Is @Dragonpol on a break ? Or have I just
    Not noticed his posts ?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Well, are you, Dragonpol? Cramp in the typing finger?
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    He last was 18 May
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    He must be out sick with Dragonpolio.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Whatever happened to @BondJasonBond006 and @Andi1996Ruegg ?
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    edited May 2018 Posts: 3,675
    They were banned.
    He must be out sick with Dragonpolio.

Good one!
    Why?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Why?

Running a duplicate account, parading around as someone that didn't even exist most certainly warrants a ban, amongst other things.
    edited May 2018 Posts: 7,974
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Why?

Running a duplicate account, parading around as someone that didn't even exist most certainly warrants a ban, amongst other things.

Eh? I though Andy and Jason were army buddies? He seemed like a fine young chap (Andy).
    Why?

Eh? I though Andy and Jason were army buddies? He seemed like a fine young chap (Andy).

He had you fooled then, as they were one and the same.
    Why?

Really?! How bizarre! So those pictures that he would post weren't real either then? Weird.
    Why?

Really?! How bizarre! So those pictures that he would post weren't real either then? Weird.

Real pictures, just certainly not his.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Why?

Real pictures, just certainly not his.

This was brought up on another Bond site also.
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    I thought that from his first posts. Just had way too many well-formed opinions and dedicated knowledge about a series he only had apparently just started watching.

Were the people who were talking to Jason off site and then telling the forum how he was doing aware that @Andi1996Ruegg was a sock account? They seemed to believe he was two different people but it was fairly transparent from fairly early on that it was a Blofeld/Willard Whyte ruse.
    @Major_Boothroyd, that's what made me suspicious from the get-go, on top of him using the exact same formatting/color usage/style of speech as Jason, plus the duplicate IP's. He covered his tracks some but not enough.

Yes, others from a separate site were in contact with us regarding it, sharing the same suspicions.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    I suppose this is as good a place to mention it as any, but I had a similar issue with my “MI6 Community Statistics” thread. After suffering a severe glitch that temporarily removed one of my polls, I discovered in the settings evidence of multiple duplicate votes. The software is set to block duplicates, but given the sheer volume of duplicate attempts made on my last two, highly controversial polls (regarding Brosnan and Craig’s tenures as Bond), I wouldn’t be surprised if many erroneous votes made it through. If anyone was smart enough to use an ip masking service or similar methods, they could have easily fooled the polling site I used. It’s also disturbing that multiple people had to have been involved, as the duplicate vote attempts fell on both sides of the opinion spectrum, with attempts made to sway the polls both for and against Brosnan and Craig respectively. That’s why I’ve abandoned that thread.
    Rigging a MI6 forum poll? Now that's pathetic but unsurprising for some, I suppose.