#08 choose between two options: CONNERY-DALTON-BROSNAN ...or... LAZENBY-MOORE-CRAIG

Comments

• MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    edited November 2016 Posts: 3,333
    60/90/00 Rankings Include: 3/5/7/9/11/13/14/15/21/22/23/24
    70/80/10 Rankings Include: 1/2/4/6/8/10/12/16/17/18/19/20

Gotta be 70's, 80's, and 10's! It includes by top 2, 3 of my top 5, 6 of my top 10, and only 1 of my bottom 5. Also I get my 2 favorite Bonds and half of my third favorite Bond.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Dalton is my favourite Bond but if I'd go for the second choice I would lose no less than 9 favourites.

With the first choice I would only lose 4 (TMWTGG, TSWLM, TLD, LTK).

60's, 90's, 00's.
  • GBFGBF
    For me it is impossible since I want the 60s and the 80s. For me these are by far the best Bond decades. I am not such a big fan of the 70s except for LALD, even though DAF has grown on me. CR and GE are great but the rest of the 90s, 00s and 10s are in my second half. I guess I would chose the 60s/90s and 00s, just because FRWL, GF, YOLT, CR and OHMSS and GF, TB and DN are all in my upper half, TWINE is OK. I only don't care much about TND, QoS and DAD.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    It's time to move on to the next choice:

Option No 1: GoldenEye and Die Another Day

Option No 2: Tomorrow Never Dies and The World Is Not Enough

You can only choose one of those options. The cruel aliens have promised to destroy all evidence of the option that loses. So choose wisely.

GE and DAD
    ...or...
    TND and TWINE

which will you keep?
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    GE and DAD.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    EzeePzee choice for me.

GE & DAD for the win. The former is exceptional and the latter is a full blown comedy / parody and highly entertaining and laughable!

TND I can live without, as the film was made better before by both Connery (YOLT) and Moore (TSWLM). I think most know my feelings on the tripe known as TWINE.
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    GE and DAD.

Brosnan era is my least favourite of the Bond reigns - so I'll pick Goldeneye and just ignore DAD. I think TND and TWINE are ok. But I don't watch either of them that much anyway so I don't think I'd miss that much of what they contain.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Can never let go of TND, so it'll be TND and TWINE.
    While we're Brosnaning - what is missing from the Brosnan era is his 'defining' third film. Connery had GF, Moore had TSWLM and Craig had SF. Now whether you like them or not - they all had iconic elements - were terrific box-office successes and by-and-large were critically liked. I don't believe any of them were the actor's best bond films - but especially Connery's and Moore's were packed with iconic moments.

Brosnan inhabited the role for four films, eight years and GE is probably his most iconic, critically favoured film. It is wrapped up with the video game and the theme song is the most remembered of his era. So for me - while he remained financially successful Brosnan never nailed another iconic, defining film in the minds of the general public. That third film breakout hit never materialised.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited November 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Agreed @Major_Boothroyd. I noted that some time back here. Moreover, he's the only actor to go straight to an all out big budget OTT action type entry on '2' with TND.

Moore and Connery did that on '3' and Craig arguably did it on '4'.

So he also missed his quirky, down to earth somewhat personal and eccentric 2nd entry, which Connery (FRWL), Moore (TMWTGG) & Craig (QoS) all got.
    For some reason, the first film in each tenure happens to be my favourite.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Agreed @Major_Boothroyd. I noted that some time back here. Moreover, he's the only actor to go straight to an all out big budget OTT action type entry on '2' with TND.

Moore and Connery did that on '3' and Craig arguably did it on '4'.

So he also missed his quirky, down to earth somewhat personal and eccentric 2nd entry, which Connery (FRWL), Moore (TMWTGG) & Craig (QoS) all got.

Yeah - I think my post is a common observation among Bond fans. But you make a good point about that second film. I believe TWINE could have been that. I have definite ideas on how that film could have been fixed. I think Brosnan's era is EON hedging their bets until they got to CR and realised they had to be brave and do something different. From many of the quotes I've seen from Brosnan he complained at the time (circa 2005 post-losing the role and pre-CR) about EON being uncertain about things. It must have been frustrating for him wanting to do something that was a definite step in one direction and he never got to do it. But EON were wise, because I don't believe doing the CR they made was really possible with the Bond Brosnan had become known for. (Even taking away the 'rookie' 00 agent angle).
    For some reason, the first film in each tenure happens to be my favourite.

I can understand that. DN, OHMSS, LALD, TLD and CR are all in my top ten. GE would be hovering around there too.

• BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    TND and TWINE. Easy.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    GE and DAD, and it's all because of GE. I would miss the first half of TND, but that's it.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    GE and DAD

GE is the only of the 4 in my top 10. DAD and TWINE flip flop often in my rankings. TND is a nice by the book standard Bond film, but doesn't approach GE for me. I see GE as well-rounded and DAD as OTT, which is always a nice combination when considering the 'on a desert isle' scenario.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited November 2016 Posts: 4,416
    TMND and TWINE

Around Tomorrow Never Dies everything around my fandom realy started.
    Desmond last movie and best boat chase ever. The two movies together are big as Goldeneye.

Based on my earlier vote it is also no shame to go straight from Twine to QOS.
  • Very difficult, but GE and DAD.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    TND & TWINE, of course.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Absolutely love GE. So I'm going for the first choice.
  • GBFGBF
    I would chose GE and DAD. I also quite like TWINE. I think it is a pretty solid film with an interesting plot and maybe the best of the many revenge stories. It is just extremely damaged by Richards' awful performance and the amazingly stupid character she plays.

I can completely live wihtout DAD and 80% of TND. So I would chose GE which is a top5 film for me and just ignore DAD.
  • GE and DAD on the basis that there is one outstanding entry and always the option of the mute button for Verity.
  • GE and DAD I watch them far more than the other two.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Hey, aliens!

Feel free to destroy them all.
    Hey, aliens!

Feel free to destroy them all.

Moore in LALD "make your choice..."
    GE and DAD.

Love GE and i also tend to enjoy DAD sometimes.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Other than TWINE, I enjoy all three of them.
    TND and TWINE
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    GE is my favorite Bond film so I'll never leave it. So GE and DAD.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited December 2016 Posts: 7,518
    GE and DAD
    Above all else, I just can't have GE not existing.