"Something for the weekend, Sir ?"

Comments

• edited April 2019 Posts: 17,241
    Birdleson wrote: »
    It’s a pale teal.

That's a nice colour for a Telecaster. Hope it sounds as good as it looks!
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    I am sure the entire day will go with a bang! Lol! The Tuxedo's arrive either tomorrow or Thursday? And yes I will be switching dinner jackets for the evening reception including the Red carnation! Lol!

An occasion to go full Bondian style wise, this!
    I just bought a new telecaster!

Always loved the look and sound of the Telecasters. What colour is it?

Going full Bond style my friends, have picked up the suits which look the business, and literally just got back from the wedding rehearsal.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Do you have the gadgets?
    Do you have the gadgets?

Yes, and I know how to use them! Lol!
    I am sure the entire day will go with a bang! Lol! The Tuxedo's arrive either tomorrow or Thursday? And yes I will be switching dinner jackets for the evening reception including the Red carnation! Lol!

Going full Bond style my friends, have picked up the suits which look the business, and literally just got back from the wedding rehearsal.

Great! Will you be arriving by parachute as well? :-D

Lol!! oooooh I wish!!! Dalton and Leiter style! Sky dive is on my bucket list but not this weekend!!!

Lol!! oooooh I wish!!! Dalton and Leiter style! Sky dive is on my bucket list but not this weekend!!!

Probably for the better! The day will surely be eventful enough :-)

Your not kidding!!!

Your not kidding!!!

Haha!
    Make sure to give us a quick recap of the day when you can! :-)

Your not kidding!!!

Haha!

I will do my friend, this maybe my last transmission until Sunday? Hopefully I will not meet the same fate as Strangways?!!!! Lol!

Your not kidding!!!

Haha!

I will do my friend, this maybe my last transmission until Sunday? Hopefully I will not meet the same fate as Strangways?!!!! Lol!

Just stay away from any bridge games at country clubs, and you'll be fine. Enjoy the upcoming days! :-)
    edited May 2019 Posts: 45,489
    Went on a shopping trip to Oslo today, and met up with @RichardTheBruce who was briefly in the country. When I learned who he works for, I felt pretty sure that he was sent to kill me, but he thought twice about that luckily.

Thoroughly amicable and pleasant to be around. Great to meet him. we went for a stroll and chatted about random stuff, only had an hour or so. He is on his plane back to Virginia now.

As the good host I am, I let him buy me a coffee.

@RichardTheBruce Next time, if you have more time on your hands, I will buy you a beer or some drugs, and a meal.
    Great you and @RichardTheBruce met up @Thunderfinger! His trip over here also took him closer to where I live, but unfortunately I didn't have the opportunity to meet up. Maybe next time. :-)
    Great you and @RichardTheBruce met up @Thunderfinger! His trip over here also took him closer to where I live, but unfortunately I didn't have the opportunity to meet up. Maybe next time. :-)

I know. At least he got to see some birds.

Birds?

Birds?

He is a birdwatcher as you may know, just like James Bond. We saw some seagulls and sparrows in Oslo. Exciting stuff.
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 17,241

Birds?

He is a birdwatcher as you may know, just like James Bond. We saw some seagulls and sparrows in Oslo. Exciting stuff.

Ah, yes. Forgot about the Birding Bond thread.

A lot of pink-footed geese around here at the moment. Don't know if they've been mentioned in the books though!

Birds?

A lot of pink-footed geese around here at the moment. Don't know if they've been mentioned in the books though!

He did mention he had seen geese up there.

Birds?

He did mention he had seen geese up there.

That might be the pink-footed ones. You'll definitely hear their quacks when they're around.
    edited May 2019 Posts: 45,489
    To recognize each other, he would say

"In Virginia, May is a spring month"

and I would reply "Whereas in Oslo, we are freezing our butts off."

I think I was the 12th person he attempted, and people started looking funnily at him.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Not the weekend but I'm finally getting to see a band who I've been a fan of since 1994 when they released their debut album Worst Case Scenario. Tonight in Camden at the Electric Ballroom in London.

Belgian band Deus, never quite made the commercial leap of other bands although their creativity and abilities put the likes of Coldplay to shame.

Here's a flavour.

It's a tour for the 20th Anniversary of their 3rd album Ideal Crash, here's the lead single from that album released in 1999.

This is a more recent track.

I seriously can't wait, getting the train to the big smoke in the next few hours.

Early Birthday present from my Wife for next Thursday.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl

@RichardTheBruce also bought me a coffee when he was representing the host nation. Somebody please buy one for him next time!
    Agent_99 wrote: »

@RichardTheBruce also bought me a coffee when he was representing the host nation. Somebody please buy one for him next time!

The thing is, he wanted to get rid of some Norwegian currency. Next time I will just take all his money.
    th_Birthday%20Cake%203.jpg

th_Birthday%20Cake%202.jpg

th_Birthday%20Cake%201.jpg

It's not my Birthday till next Thursday, although as we are moving out for 4 days tomorrow as we are having a new Bathroom fitted this coming week, we had some friends round for socializing, made 2 curries and some drinks.

A dear friend supplied the Birthday cake and it was utterly delicious, she got the idea I was a bit of a Bond fan I think.
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 11,189
    Went to a Bond fancy dress last night. Can you guess who we came as? Lol.

FEtNoC3.jpg
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Belated happy birthday, @Shardlake! Truly impressive cake there. I've always said Dalton was good enough to eat.
    Hope you had a great birthday, @Shardlake! That birthday cake looks great, and like a proper calorie bomb!
    BAIN123 wrote: »

FEtNoC3.jpg

Really stuck with this!
    Hope you had a great birthday, @Shardlake! That birthday cake looks great, and like a proper calorie bomb!

FEtNoC3.jpg

Really stuck with this!

You betcha, I'm still trying to work it off LOL!
    Shardlake wrote: »

FEtNoC3.jpg

Really stuck with this!

You betcha, I'm still trying to work it off LOL!

It was probably worth it!

FEtNoC3.jpg

Really stuck with this!

Why am I having flashbacks of an 80's show called Hinge and Brackett!!! :)) Hope you had a great party!