"Something for the weekend, Sir ?"

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited August 2011 Posts: 15,686
    Eating fish and chips and looking fwd to the f1 on Sunday.
    =D> Can't wait to watch Coulthard cope with Jordan's antics !! And also Brundle's fantastic commentary !! And of course seeing Schumi win for his 20th year in F1 !!
  • hear hear i would love to see the former red baron win...but then again i wouldn't mind seeing Button do the business again.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Enjoying the last weekend free of concerns before the next school year starts and things will be back to business.

I've got a few films waiting for me and I'm ready to finish Portal 2 - again. ;;)

(There's still no cake...)

Rounding things of, I've got merely a few more chapters left in Asimov's Foundation And Earth, thereby concluding a 15 book marathon through my favourite writer's most famous series.

• edited August 2013 Posts: 19,339
    Ha thought so !!
    Are ya talkin t' me ?
    Are ya talkin t' me ?

Then tell me whatcha doin this weekend ............................... ??
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 2,782
    I will be cleaning the drive and front door, drink copious amounts of tea, hope Liverpool stuff the Villa, cheer on Button and Hamilton.

Mod: edited for inappropriate content. Please keep it family friendly.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    For me, I have an exciting time planned journeying to my favorite bookstore and actually buying books (I got my long awaited first paycheck at my new job). Yay!! That's the big event of the next 2 days.

I'll also be watching Skyfall (never tire of it) and Mary Poppins (well, I've never seen it and decided I must fix that remission) on dvd, praying for rain (we so need it), walking my dog as he pants like crazy from the heat, writing up my budget, which segues into crying into a glass of red wine and watching Skyfall again.

In order words, a fairly typical weekend here.
  • retrokittyretrokitty The Couv
    Just checked my last post in this thread... Nope... still not adding ice or mix. Been drinking out of my retrokitty flask while watching Bond movies. Not my usual weekend by any means but fun. Back to work tomorrow. :(

And how was Labour Day for the rest of you North Americans?
  • oo7oo7
    sober up, reading this forum.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Spent this weekend hanging out with my girlfriend, celebrating our two-year anniversary. I have orientation for a new job tomorrow, so I'm sure this upcoming weekend will be a fat culmination of working.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I've been painting alot of electronic goodies I had lying around in preparation for my movie I hope to start filming soon. :D
  • edited September 2013 Posts: 19,339
    What are you lot up to then ? speak now or forever hold your 'piece',as Sir Roger said in 1974.
  • Bowling.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Hopefully I'll be correcting a few James Bond articles for online publication as well as working.
    Working and then some family time. As well as planning a house move about a month away? X_X
    I have nothing going on, other than my new job starts Sunday and I really don't want to take it. Terrible hours, rough work, mediocre pay - I guess it's better pay than nothing, but I just don't want to waste my time with it - so I've been debating for a few days now whether I should just tell them I don't want the job or not, and continue looking for something I'll enjoy for the time being.
  • retrokittyretrokitty The Couv
    Creasy47, tough jobs are the best. You learn new things about people and yourself and, most importantly, you have ammo for when you have kids and grandkids.

"In my day, we had to....
      ."
    retrokitty wrote:
    Creasy47, tough jobs are the best. You learn new things about people and yourself and, most importantly, you have ammo for when you have kids and grandkids.

"In my day, we had to....
      ."

It's not so much me wanting to bail because it's "tough," it's just that the place is a joke. I'm starting off with a job I've never done before, albeit relatively simplistic, on one of the busiest days of the week, with no hands-on training or assistance. It's a joke. Combine that with getting a low amount of hours and bad pay, I just don't think it's worth my time. If that culminates into me sitting on my ass for a month, filling out numerous job applications, so be it. I just don't want to settle for something like that.
  • edited September 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Meeting a friend of mine on Sunday from the army and he's staying with us for a few days. Don't see that much of him anymore because he lives in Australia now so I'm looking forward to it. And I'll go to the gym tomorrow.

Apart from that, nothing really. I don't work weekends.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited September 2013 Posts: 16,328
    Going to Radio Shack to pick up electronics for my mine replicas and gather scrap wood to make a Vacuum Forming box to make DIY molds of my Mines so I can make stunt duplicates.
    Been a while since i used to ask this every week so.................................watcha up te dis weekend,punks ?
    I have classes until 12:30-ish today, then I have work this evening and Sunday evening. Other than that, I'll be diving into my PS4 some more this weekend.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I don't have any homework this weekend, which hasn't happened very often, so I'm going to kick back and enjoy it. I'll be gaming, watching some flicks, and drawing up a storm.
    OK it's Valentine's Day and love is in the air !!

So what are the 007 mob of MI6 up to tonight and over the weekend ?

Personally ? now i'm 'wifeless' ive got a hot date with a couple of steaks and fried mushrooms (not made by Nic Nac ;) ) ,not forgetting lots of drinkies etc he he .
  • RC7RC7
    I'll be working all weekend - script deadline Monday. Taking some time out this evening for dinner and a drink, but other than that I'll be in my bolt-hole scribbling away.
    I'm probably going to have a beer this evening - a beer for one :(
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    Ah, mushrooms! @barryt007

There's no Mrs./Miss. Disco, so I'll be drinking with friends tonight (and a few good-looking female candidates ;) ). And tomorrow too, for that matter.
    I just bought a bottle of raspberry Absolut Vodka thinking it was on offer and it was the bloody normal bottle that was instead.

But never mind,its in a nice pink bottle and it is Valentine's Day so its a pressie for myself ..yum yum he he .

@DiscoVolante I know,i loooooooove mushrooms..and good luck with your lady line up,giv'em one from me !! <:-P
    I'm cooking a lovely roast duck for Valentine's dinner this evening. :-)
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Willy do you like it pink? The duck that is ...