"Something for the weekend, Sir ?"

Comments

• Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Were about to get totally effed by hurricane Irma. Making last moment preparations and getting the hell out

That's probably for the best - better to be safe than sorry. Safe travels and I hope you lot manage to make it out in time.

Thanks we plan on heading to Tallahassee sometime today
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Safe journey @Last_Rat_Standing
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Were about to get totally effed by hurricane Irma. Making last moment preparations and getting the hell out

I thought you were the last rat standing? Anyway, best of luck to you and yours.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »

That's probably for the best - better to be safe than sorry. Safe travels and I hope you lot manage to make it out in time.

Thanks we plan on heading to Tallahassee sometime today

Good luck. Tallahassee is not the greatest.

Thanks. My wife and her two brothers have gone/are going to college up here at FSU. So her whole family is family with the area.

I thought you were the last rat standing? Anyway, best of luck to you and yours.

You know what, I thought so to. Thanks for the well wishes.
    Weather permitting? Some much needed DIY in the garden.
    RogueAgent wrote: »

IMG-20140915-WA001.jpg
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

IMG-20140915-WA001.jpg

I knew it.
    The Garden of Madness

IMG-20140915-WA001.jpg

Oh man? If only it were that simple! Lol!
    Nothing special. Maybe some judo practice with my tigers.
  • edited September 2017 Posts: 19,339
    Thats more bush than a Russian prostitutes armpit !
    Thanks for sharing, Barry.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Thats more bush than a Russian prostitutes armpit !

Lol! You have to take and swing a scythe to trim those armpits!! Lol!
    I'm a judge in a Filipina Charity beauty contest tomorrow in South Kensington...all those Filipina's in their swimming costumes.
    Aaah its a tough job,but somebody has to do it he he .....
    I'm a judge in a Filipina Charity beauty contest tomorrow in South Kensington...all those Filipina's in their swimming costumes.

I have visions of you now like Connery in the Gypsy camp from FRWL!! Lol! Go get em tiger! Lol!

I have visions of you now like Connery in the Gypsy camp from FRWL!! Lol! Go get em tiger! Lol!

Hahaha that's the plan...or this :

for-your-eyes-only-1981-roger-moore-credit-eon-fye-068-bkapax.jpg

s-l300.jpg

But obviously all Filipinas,and there will be no secret tranny tomorrow (I hope !)

• MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    @barryt007 you lucky dirty old man you .
    I have to write an ethics paper on the Penn state scandal

What is that about?

What is that about?

The whole Jerry Sandusky molesting little boys and how university staff covered it up

What is that about?

The whole Jerry Sandusky molesting little boys and how university staff covered it up

And this is the nice thing you are doing this weekend. Glad I am me.
    Mrcoggins wrote: »
    @barryt007 you lucky dirty old man you .

Oh i certainly am matey...well,if one is asked to do a job,one should oblige...
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Going to a unique, hands on zoo experience called Animal Tracks this Sunday. I'll get to interact with all sorts of exotic animals!
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Off to the big smoke today to go and see the Pink Floyd Exhibition Their Mortal Remains.

https://www.vam.ac.uk/exhibitions/pink-floyd

Floyd are my favourite band and I've been really looking forward to this.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Now I'm spending my weekend being jealous of @BMW_with_missiles and @Shardlake!

I'm also helping dogsit a friend's Jack Russell. He's a little sweetheart.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    Now I'm spending my weekend being jealous of @BMW_with_missiles and @Shardlake!

I'm also helping dogsit a friend's Jack Russell. He's a little sweetheart.

@Agent_99 Perhaps some photos from their site will help you to experience it vicariously
    http://animaltracksinc.org/mammals/

Sad to say that Barry was kicked out of there, for some reason.
    jack1.gif
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited September 2017 Posts: 4,043
    The Last Time I went to the V&A it was back 2013 for the rather superb David Bowie retrospective, it was an awe inspiring feast of aural and visual delights, encompassing his career from the beginning up to that point, illustrated why he was such an icon of not only music but fashion and film.

Though yesterday was the big one for me. I remember my first of taste of Pink Floyd bar Another Brick In The Wall at no. 1 1979 Christmas was listening to the album that single came from their magnum double opus The Wall, although it was all a bit too much for what would have been an 8 year old innocent impressionable boy.

Though my next experience was The Darkside Of The Moon and that was life changing, music would never be the same again for me and the first time I heard David Gilmour's sublime solo on Time I was tranfixed. They are my favourite band of all time so when I heard about this exhibtion I needed a ticket, this was one production I was not missing. Now the Bowie presentation had already raised the bar, I know the potential the V&A had to stage something like this and the notices from critiics and fans alike had been glowing but I'm delighted to announce that those expectation were met and surpassed.

Granted I'm biased, despite other bands gaining my love an appreciation this is the band that have been with me for most of my natural born life. Also even if you don't like their music, you can't deny their influence and impact on contemporary music history and if there was ever a band to take advantage of such a presentation then Floyd are it. They were never about personalities, people can own their albums and possibly barely recognise the individual members names, yes their indenties have become more recognisable over the years but Roger Waters, David Gilmour, Richard Wright & Nick Mason are hardly in the same popularity stakes as Mick & Keef, John, Paul, George & Ringo, Mercury, May, Taylor & Deacon or Benny, Bjorn, Agnetha & Frida.

They pretty much traded on their music and the combination of rich visual artistic statements whether it be some of the most iconic album artwork of all time or their revoloutionary attempts to change the face of live performance, well and truly putting the spectacle and theatricalityinto the live show like no band before them, their light shows are legendary.

They are indeed ripe for this kind of thing and boy this is one incredible aural and visual treat. Not unlike the Bowie presentation we start at the beginning of their journey and then travel through their cronology of their time right up to this current decade, each studio album is showcased with the recognisable and iconic art work from mostly the late great and sorely missed Storm Thorgeson & Aubrey (Po) Powell and of course Gerald Scarfe's distinctive contribution to the Animals Tour and most notably The Wall. You are presented with a control device and a set Sennheiser headphones. There are splices of obviously the music of Floyd but also existing and specifically commisioned interviews and insights by each of the four members and notable contributions by Howard Goodall that are triggered as you walk towards the screens showing the videos appropiate films, it's really such an impressive sight and sound, the Bowie one had been great but you can tell the V&A learnt from that and surpassed it.

Not only the artwork, there is various musical instruments and equipment displayed behind glass cabinets including some original and copies of Gilmour's most recognisable guitars. Also the inflatables from The original Wall shows and the full size metal face models used for the artwork for 1994's The Division Bell, loads of rare photos, rough drawings of concepts etc. You even get a chance with a rather cleverly designed mixing desk to have a go at mixing your own version of Money on Dark Side. It's really a sight to behold. The climax of the whole thing is I don't mind admitting quite emotional, I remember when I witnessed it back in 2005 at Live 8 it bought a tear to my eye.

The moment I think as fans we thought we would never see, the 4 man Floyd back together for one special night. In a specially constructed room with wall to wall screens an incredible surround sound presentation of the performance of Comfortably numb from the climax of their set that night. All in all a spectacular and emotionally end to an experience I'm likely to never forget. It's on to October 16th, if you are interested and are a fan of the band I can't recommend it anymore, get a ticket and witness a truly incredible artistic experience.

th_20170923_155322.jpg

th_20170923_164402_HDR.jpg

th_20170923_160106.jpg

th_20170923_170203.jpg

th_20170923_164249.jpg

th_20170923_171030.jpg

Sad to say that Barry was kicked out of there, for some reason.
    jack1.gif

I'm out on bail now ,Thundy !!
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    @Agent_99 Perhaps some photos from their site will help you to experience it vicariously
    http://animaltracksinc.org/mammals/

How lovely! Did you pet the fennec fox? They're so cute ^.^

And @Shardlake, that's a wonderful account of the exhibition and your own love for Floyd. I thought it had several months still to run, so maybe I won't make it now - argh!