No Time To Die: Production Diary

1257925802581258225832585»

Comments

• edited January 31 Posts: 2,833
    Contraband wrote: »
    Some dutch guy wrote this on my YT-channel:
    My brother works with the the editors, and found the script of the movie This movie is very similar to Spectre: Safin (Rami Malek) is the brother of Madeleine Swann (wich explains why his surname is’nt public yet on IMDb)

I would say that's pure rubbish since Safin is a surname.
    Hmm... how's he connected? Could very well be it.
    Mr.White spent a lot of time in his life in Morocco (and all over the world I guess) So Madeleine's secret could very well be her half-brother. But didn't the producers and writers learn a lesson with the failed stepbrother-angle in SP?
    Sorry for double post but...posted on the Premieres thread about general sale for the Monaco one being on Feb 17 actually makes one wonder - this is the day after the BRIT Awards, where there is that rumour of Eilish performing the title theme then…convenient timing for a general global tickets on sale date, no? 🤔
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    I think it's fairly obvious they have a connection.....I don't know if they are going to be literal siblings. but i suspect that maybe after the lake incident, which ends with Safin saving (opposed to killing Madeleine) that Mr White took him on as an apprentice.

Maybe then he became a surrogate son to Mr White and a de facto brother to Madeleine.

Though, I think that Safin may have had some feelings for Madeleine and isn't overly keen on her new boyfriend. hence, why he calls in his "favour" in Matera.

5cc1b320d8ad586a5acdb77b.jpg

That really would be SP all over again, if it turned out to be true. Just swap out Bond for Swann.

Is it though?

Yes.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    antovolk wrote: »
    Sorry for double post but...posted on the Premieres thread about general sale for the Monaco one being on Feb 17 actually makes one wonder - this is the day after the BRIT Awards, where there is that rumour of Eilish performing the title theme then…convenient timing for a general global tickets on sale date, no? 🤔

What are the chances of her debuting the track on Sunday at the BAFTAs, 2 February 2020, at Royal Albert Hall?

Proper english connection if anything else
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    jake24 wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Who knows, If the theory is true then it’s indeed a flashback.

The same little girl is with bond in the land cruiser during the Norway river chase so I’m thinking this isn’t a flashback.

Yeah, the presence of the girl in the Toyota pretty much confirms a family connection with Swann. But I cannot believe her big secrets is being Safin’s sister. That would be lazy.
    My understanding is that this is totally unconfirmed. I recall someone saying that there was a teddy bear in the backseat of the Toyota in one of the set photos, but nobody has actual proof that the same girl is in the car. Nothing is visible in the trailer other than Madeleine seemingly protecting someone who isn't visible.

It was confirmed officially that
    there *is* a connection between Swann and Safin, who is described as 'a figure from her past'. And we also know that there's a seeming rivarly between him and Spectre. I highly doubt there is an actual familial connection. More likely former Spectre, who's has a falling out with Mr White when Madeleine was young.
    I know. What's unconfirmed is that the same little girl is in the car with Bond and Madeleine.

What are the chances of her debuting the track on Sunday at the BAFTAs, 2 February 2020, at Royal Albert Hall?

Extremely low, even lower than the Oscars. The ceremony isn't even televised live!

Extremely low, even lower than the Oscars. The ceremony isn't even televised live!

Ok. Think the red carpet is live but not the event.
    I hope James Bond doesn't drive maybe the female agent. still hope she not 007 maybe 003

Tickets on sale next Thursday in the Netherlands, with a special pop-up experience at Utrecht central station. Looks like next week is the week...
    Burgess wrote: »

"Lashana Lynch, the actress hotly anticipated to be the first ever black female James Bond, celebrated her ground-breaking role at a starry Hollywood awards ceremony, by saying, “It is an honor to be able to proudly fly our big Jamaican flag up in MI6 as a 00 agent.”

The British actress, who starred as pilot and proud single mother Maria Rambeau in “Captain Marvel,” is shaking and stirring up the Bond legacy as 00 agent Nomi in “No Time to Die,” out in April. The movie is Daniel Craig’s last as 007.

While Bond has previously featured strong characters played by stars including Grace Jones and Halle Berry, Lynch is the 60-year-old franchise’s first ever black female agent, who already has an elite 00 status, and takes over the 007 status when Bond leaves the British intelligence service MI6."

Lashana as 007: Don't know if that is pure speculation by the journalist or an actual confirmation
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada

"Lashana Lynch, the actress hotly anticipated to be the first ever black female James Bond, celebrated her ground-breaking role at a starry Hollywood awards ceremony, by saying, “It is an honor to be able to proudly fly our big Jamaican flag up in MI6 as a 00 agent.”

The British actress, who starred as pilot and proud single mother Maria Rambeau in “Captain Marvel,” is shaking and stirring up the Bond legacy as 00 agent Nomi in “No Time to Die,” out in April. The movie is Daniel Craig’s last as 007.

While Bond has previously featured strong characters played by stars including Grace Jones and Halle Berry, Lynch is the 60-year-old franchise’s first ever black female agent, who already has an elite 00 status, and takes over the 007 status when Bond leaves the British intelligence service MI6."

Lashana as 007: Don't know if that is pure speculation by the journalist or an actual confirmation

This article definitely does not contain actual confirmations: in the first paragraph, the article says she is the first ever black female James Bond.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

This article definitely does not contain actual confirmations: in the first paragraph, the article says she is the first ever black female James Bond.

LOL
  • edited February 8 Posts: 5,154
    And that is what's flaring people up. Fake news doing what fake news do. It's like wildfire.

Can't we just be good informed fans and discuss things like set design and how cool those Vuarnet glasses are, and Craig's delivery of lines and overall appearance. Yes, even hair and watches. Lets go back to discussing this sort of stuff. Cause its not harmful and its pragmatic (what am I saying, right? We'll kill each other over hair trim and Omegas).
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited February 8 Posts: 9,451
    Completely agreed. We've probably seen less than 5% of the film through footage and images - there's just so much we don't know - and personally, everything I have seen and read so far suggests this is going to be a flippin' fantastic entry into the canon. All the hallmarks of a typical Bond adventure are there. We've got cool cars, cool weapons, stunning women, beautiful locales, an intriguing (if still unclear) plot, the talent in front and behind the cam is phenomenal. Yes, there were a few hiccups early on, but even then, the project reeked of a quiet confidence. NTTD has every chance of being a modern classic up there with CR. And yes, Craig's hair looks the best I've seen it yet. \m/
    QBranch wrote: »
    Completely agreed. We've probably seen less than 5% of the film through footage and images - there's just so much we don't know - and personally, everything I have seen and read so far suggests this is going to be a flippin' fantastic entry into the canon. All the hallmarks of a typical Bond adventure are there. We've got cool cars, cool weapons, stunning women, beautiful locales, an intriguing (if still unclear) plot, the talent in front and behind the cam is phenomenal. Yes, there were a few hiccups early on, but even then, the project reeked of a quiet confidence. NTTD has every chance of being a modern classic up there with CR. And yes, Craig's hair looks the best I've seen it yet. \m/
    +1
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited February 8 Posts: 5,144
    QBranch wrote: »

+1000
    Add to that, Bond going back to Jamaica, possibly some shots of Goldeneye, Craig smoking on screen for the first time (potentially), and he's overall looking the most animated and badass he's ever been.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Oh yes, bust out the cigar. I'll make a friendly little wager that he does smoke it on screen, since the only other times he does is when in the Caribbean. I wonder if the Havaianas will feature too. Have we seen Bond in thongs before?
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    3676e1e9-63e5-42c4-a575-468ff6a93fca_text_hi.gif
    giphy.gif
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    00Agent wrote: »
    3676e1e9-63e5-42c4-a575-468ff6a93fca_text_hi.gif
    giphy.gif

Hahaha love this