No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

AgentM72 wrote: »
    It's not fun to have to wait a bit longer, but I'd rather be under-spoiled by this film's promotion than over-indulged. And the wait now just means those 4 months from December - April will be intense with promotion, which can't be a bad thing.

I *would* recommend the marketing team get more BTS videos out as soon as possible, though, to quell the frustration. And I've no doubt they're working on exactly that as we speak.
    I don´t understand why one has to wait at all for a Bond teaser. A teaser of all things! Even a trailer, come on, as if anyone of us would need that. Watch some decent films in the meantime, and then watch the new Bond film when it´s released.

Anyone see this? Apparently Fukunaga shot 3 endings for the film and no one knows which one he’ll actually use. Has this ever happened before on a Bond picture?

https://www.mi6-hq.com/news/tabloids-claim-cary-fukunaga-has-shot-three-endings-191021
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Anyone see this? Apparently Fukunaga shot 3 endings for the film and no one knows which one he’ll actually use. Has this ever happened before on a Bond picture?

https://www.mi6-hq.com/news/tabloids-claim-cary-fukunaga-has-shot-three-endings-191021

No, that's news. We've been talking about it for three days but no, no one has seen it yet.
    Even though you've been like the 10th person who shared it and wrote "has anyone seen this?"
  • edited October 23 Posts: 310
    Walecs wrote: »

No, that's news. We've been talking about it for three days but no, no one has seen it yet.
    Even though you've been like the 10th person who shared it and wrote "has anyone seen this?"
    No one has mentioned it here as far as I can tell. All anyone talks about is the teaser and trailer and when it will come out.
  • Walecs wrote: »

No one has mentioned it here as far as I can tell. All anyone talks about is the teaser and trailer and when it will come out.

It’s been talked about in the filming thread.

It’s been talked about in the filming thread.
    Oh I just know this thread for the latest in production news. Don’t visit any of the others.

• JamesCraigJamesCraig Ocean Club, Bahamas.

It has been talked about and it comes from the Daily Mirror, so not to be taken seriously.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe JK ROFLing
    Starting from this Friday, there will be exactly 24 weeks left until NTTD, meaning just enough time for a Bond-a-thon of 1 film per week. Starting with DN this week will make you finish with SP 1 week before NTTD. For those in countries where NTTD comes out on April 8th, this will be true next week.

Just over 5 months left until the movie is released. The trailer will really have to blow our collective socks off. The Bond community deserves it after the way we've been treated the past few years.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Well I've relished all the Bond history playing out. It's great to hear how folks enjoyed tracking this production and the future is exceptionally bright.
    Starting from this Friday, there will be exactly 24 weeks left until NTTD, meaning just enough time for a Bond-a-thon of 1 film per week. Starting with DN this week will make you finish with SP 1 week before NTTD. For those in countries where NTTD comes out on April 8th, this will be true next week.

Just over 5 months left until the movie is released. The trailer will really have to blow our collective socks off. The Bond community deserves it after the way we've been treated the past few years.

You won't like it anyway.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond

Just over 5 months left until the movie is released. The trailer can release whenever. I'm already prepared to complain about it because that's all that brings me joy.

FTFY
  • EndCredit007EndCredit007 EGYPT
    73106567_2611212098970688_280367394839330816_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQnamBMIciNYLJeL6Z9ce3mpnTVszbkM_gUxLugIX-vG-hbJAwFlaCElUSKBWj--4dQ&_nc_ht=scontent-hbe1-1.xx&oh=1e555b8b938de68711042e2ac3ad21c2&oe=5E25B96D
  • HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    Regarding the teaser and the trailer, people have to remember that they may not base their campaign on a strategy from five years ago. The film market has evolved since this time. They have to make an event at the right time, rather than following a pre-established schedule.

The end of production also confirms one easy guess when the delay to April 2020 was announced. Even with Craig's injury that delayed production (but they always contemplate potential issues in such large productions), the completed film could have been released in the February slot, at the cost a very tight deadline.
    The move to April was more of an opportunity provided by the F&F9 delays and an offer by Universal than a necessity caused by a doomed production and a messy script. They took advantage of it to get polishes by Burns, then by Waller-Bridge before the shooting actually started, and to have now a very comfortable margin for post-production.
  • edited October 26 Posts: 5,325
    Maybe my memory betrays me, but from what I remember, in the 80s a film had one trailer. I cannot recall having a teaser and then several trailers. And it was much better than it is now.

Also, now, in my country usually trailers are shown very shortly before the release of the film. Most trailers I have seen already months ago on the internet when I see them in a cinema. A lot of people going to the cinema don´t watch trailers on the internet like me. So most people here will see most trailers only weeks before the release of the film.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    I guess the status can be changed from filming to in post production
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Maybe my memory betrays me, but from what I remember, in the 80s a film had one trailer. I cannot recall having a teaser and then several trailers. And it was much better than it is now.

It really was. And don't get me talking about teasers of teasers, those little snippets that show just before the teaser trailer starts and ruin the entire mood.

I'm very nostalgic today, damn it, as you've noticed already @boldfinger. But even nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

;)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    I guess the status can be changed from filming to in post production
    Changed.
    further details of the empire magazine,article on twitter, saying Maleks villian is called Safin.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Be careful @phibes72, some people on this page might not want to know that.
    Univex wrote: »

It really was. And don't get me talking about teasers of teasers, those little snippets that show just before the teaser trailer starts and ruin the entire mood.

I'm very nostalgic today, damn it, as you've noticed already @boldfinger. But even nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

;)
    I hear you, @Univex, I hear you ;-).
  • Perfect? You could boil an egg between his "Bond" and "James Bond".

"Bond..."

giphy.gif

"... James Bond."

What about the way he smashes the glasses and then delivers the line ... it's so Bond

Also, now, in my country usually trailers are shown very shortly before the release of the film. Most trailers I have seen already months ago on the internet when I see them in a cinema. A lot of people going to the cinema don´t watch trailers on the internet like me. So most people here will see most trailers only weeks before the release of the film.

This is true. I knew nothing of the Tolkien film that came out this year until I saw its trailer with Red Joan, and decided there and then to see it when it came out. I had no knowledge of it beforehand to find it on the internet. Big films like Star Wars and Bond are a bit different though in this day and age, social media can also play a big part in pushing people towards the trailer. For instance, I discovered that that the recent Star Wars trailer was imminent from my Twitter newsfeed.
    Regarding the 80s, I recall a trailer plus teaser trailer in theater. Plus multiple shorter TV trailers during release. Those were the venues at the time.
  • boldfinger wrote: »

A View to a Kill had a teaser trailer (I think it was attached to 2010) followed by a longer, regular one.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    phibes72 wrote: »
    Awful lot of negativity on here, we should be bloody thrilled that a new Bond film is six months away. Been too long a gap, and Daniel should be on film 7, rather than 5 for this long an era, but apart from that, it is very exciting.

Agreed, the pessimism on here sometimes is astounding.

Seconded. I have read things I never thought I'd read on a fan forum, from "guaranteed failure" to "they're doing everything wrong" to "they're doing everything wrong but not fast enough".

I'm just bloody happy there's another Bond film on the horizon and I'll reserve judgment until after I've seen the film. Isn't that, I don't know, the logical thing to do? :-)
    Undeniably. :-)
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Awful lot of negativity on here, we should be bloody thrilled that a new Bond film is six months away. Been too long a gap, and Daniel should be on film 7, rather than 5 for this long an era, but apart from that, it is very exciting.

Seconded. I have read things I never thought I'd read on a fan forum, from "guaranteed failure" to "they're doing everything wrong" to "they're doing everything wrong but not fast enough".

I'm just bloody happy there's another Bond film on the horizon and I'll reserve judgment until after I've seen the film. Isn't that, I don't know, the logical thing to do? :-)

Yes. Plus, once the trailer will come out - and December seems most likely at this point - the marketing campaign will really kick in a guerrilla mode, and it's gonna be rock and roll.
    matt_u wrote: »

Yes. Plus, once the trailer will come out - and December seems most likely at this point - the marketing campaign will really kick in a guerrilla mode, and it's gonna be rock and roll.

\m/
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    matt_u wrote: »

That's exactly right. It's going to be a new experience. Rather than sitting on teasers and trailers for months until we're almost finished with the film before we've actually seen it, we are now going to be lifted up by a hurricane and hurled directly in the seats of our local theatres. We "know" this film is coming, anticipation has been building, but we're still left very much in the dark. I'm ready for something big. Let's not forget: the starts that burn the fastest, are also the brightest. ;-)
    Time to die. I mean, yes, very true.
    unicorn-icon.png
    Time to die. I mean, yes, very true.
    unicorn-icon.png
    Church Norris: “It’s time to die”
    Richard Lynch: “AAAAAAAARGHHHGGG!!!!!” (destroys his TV set)

:)