No Time To Die: Production Diary

125732575257725782579

Comments

  • HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    Posts: 146
    Risico007 wrote: »
    who is Craig Mazin?

    Craig Mazin is a portemanteau word to describe Daniel Craig's amazing stint as Bond.

    More seriously, until a few months ago, Craig Mazin was a writer with a track record in terrible comedies. Scary Movie 3 and 4, Superhero Movie, both sequels to The Hangover, Identity Thief...
    And then, a few months ago he surprised everybody by creating, writing and producing the Chernobyl miniseries (featuring David Dencik) that aired on HBO to great acclaim.
  • Posts: 4,985
    Risico007 wrote: »
    who is Craig Mazin?

    Craig Mazin is a portemanteau word to describe Daniel Craig's amazing stint as Bond.

    More seriously, until a few months ago, Craig Mazin was a writer with a track record in terrible comedies. Scary Movie 3 and 4, Superhero Movie, both sequels to The Hangover, Identity Thief...
    And then, a few months ago he surprised everybody by creating, writing and producing the Chernobyl miniseries (featuring David Dencik) that aired on HBO to great acclaim.

    Craig is a very talented writer who was hired to write these films. And, because he's a writer, and has a family, he worked on scripts that turned into movies of various success.

    But within the industry, this man is well-respected-- before Chernobyl.

    He has such a great gift in story-telling with humour and pathos.

    He has no idea who I am, but I, and other writers, know who he is...

    (saying that... would he be "good" for Bond? I'd like to hear a pitch; would I ever question his talent-- never).
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Posts: 1,501
    If he can write a Bond film anywhere near as good as 'Chernobyl', I am all for it!

    And if you haven't listened to the 'Chernobyl Podcast' that accompanies the series I highly recommend it.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Posts: 900
    Wrong thread but still:

    George Lazenby joins fellow 007 actor Pierce Brosnan in backing female James Bond

    https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/9924751/george-lazenby-joins-pierce-brosnan-female-james-bond-007/

  • RC7RC7
    Posts: 10,142
    Contraband wrote: »
    Wrong thread but still:

    George Lazenby joins fellow 007 actor Pierce Brosnan in backing female James Bond

    https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/9924751/george-lazenby-joins-pierce-brosnan-female-james-bond-007/

    You were right. Wrong thread. Let’s not clog up the NTTD threads with click bait crap.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Posts: 900
    RC7 wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »
    Wrong thread but still:

    George Lazenby joins fellow 007 actor Pierce Brosnan in backing female James Bond

    https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/9924751/george-lazenby-joins-pierce-brosnan-female-james-bond-007/

    You were right. Wrong thread. Let’s not clog up the NTTD threads with click bait crap.

    Not my intention clogging up anything anywhere, just didn't know where to post the damn link.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Posts: 16,943
    Contraband wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »
    Wrong thread but still:

    George Lazenby joins fellow 007 actor Pierce Brosnan in backing female James Bond

    https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/9924751/george-lazenby-joins-pierce-brosnan-female-james-bond-007/

    You were right. Wrong thread. Let’s not clog up the NTTD threads with click bait crap.

    Not my intention clogging up anything anywhere, just didn't know where to post the damn link.

    Google: "mi6community + female james bond"

    It returned this:
    https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/18608/female-james-bond
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Posts: 900
    Wrong thread I know but: Phoebe Waller-Bridge won three Emmys for Fleabag: Best comedy, Lead actress and outstanding writing in that category.



    Wonder how this will affect NNTD, if any?
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Posts: 539
    Contraband wrote: »
    Wrong thread I know but: Phoebe Waller-Bridge won three Emmys for Fleabag: Best comedy, Lead actress and outstanding writing in that category.



    Wonder how this will affect NNTD, if any?
    I would say it’s too late to affect it at all, honestly. The shoot is wrapping in, what, less than a month?

    The question you should be asking is if BB fight even harder to get her in board from the start for B26.
  • GertGettlerGertGettler Laptop Barcelona
    Posts: 431
    Well, there's one thing I have been rooting for: heavier social media involvement and closer, more direct engagement with the fans. I already knew director Cary Fukunaga is this kind of man. He's very no-nonsense and down-to-earth.

    And guess now what the man does on his Facebook-page and Instagram-page :P. You gotta love this nerdy guy. Something the Bond-film-franchise needs. And I think it works. He infuses the Bond-film-franchise with so much positivity, nerdiness and fun ^:)^ .

    So now we know how much he cares about what fans think. Anddd…...that we do get a new gunbarrel-sequence:

    FaX25S3.jpg
    GKLoQvf.jpg
  • Posts: 11,475
    It is super cool that CJF interacts with the fans like this on social media.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Posts: 1,314
    He's too cool.

  • Posts: 1,371
    Cary will deliver, he’s interested in the bond lore unlike mendes.
  • GertGettlerGertGettler Laptop Barcelona
    edited September 24 Posts: 431
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    It is super cool that CJF interacts with the fans like this on social media.

    Absolutely. Many more elitist Bond-fans told me this is not the way for the Bond-franchise to evolve, to catch a fresh, positive breath of air. It is ;). And indeed, you gotta love the man. I must get his autograph next april!
  • Posts: 9,174
    I like that each Craig gunbarrel has been new. Hoping this one is classic yet unique.
  • GertGettlerGertGettler Laptop Barcelona
    Posts: 431
    Thanks @AgentJamesBond007 for the correction
  • Posts: 11,475
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    It is super cool that CJF interacts with the fans like this on social media.

    Absolutely. Many more elitist Bond-fans told me this is not the way for the Bond-franchise to evolve, to catch a fresh, positive breath of air. It is ;). And indeed, you gotta love the man. I must get his autograph next april!

    Lucky you! I would dearly love to attend a Bond Premiere in the West End. Certainly on my bucket list for sure!
  • edited September 24 Posts: 2,281
    Prediction: Teaser Poster out tomorrow, with the announcement that the teaser trailer will be released on James Bond Day (October 5) and attached to Joker screenings beginning October 3.
  • Prediction: Teaser Poster out tomorrow, with the announcement that the teaser trailer will be announced on James Bond Day (October 5) and attached to Joker screenings beginning October 3.

    Wouldn't the announcement come before being shown in cinemas?
  • Prediction: Teaser Poster out tomorrow, with the announcement that the teaser trailer will be released on James Bond Day (October 5) and attached to Joker screenings beginning October 3.

    Wouldn't the announcement come before being shown in cinemas?

    Fixed it.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited September 25 Posts: 1,293
    Well, there's one thing I have been rooting for: heavier social media involvement and closer, more direct engagement with the fans. I already knew director Cary Fukunaga is this kind of man. He's very no-nonsense and down-to-earth.

    And guess now what the man does on his Facebook-page and Instagram-page :P. You gotta love this nerdy guy. Something the Bond-film-franchise needs. And I think it works. He infuses the Bond-film-franchise with so much positivity, nerdiness and fun ^:)^ .

    So now we know how much he cares about what fans think. Anddd…...that we do get a new gunbarrel-sequence:

    FaX25S3.jpg
    GKLoQvf.jpg

    I'd rather they keep the SPECTRE gunbarrel, personally.

    To answer his question from Facebook, however, Goldeneye for sure.
  • 00Agent00Agent "I'm here to pick up Delectados."
    Posts: 4,245
    Well, there's one thing I have been rooting for: heavier social media involvement and closer, more direct engagement with the fans. I already knew director Cary Fukunaga is this kind of man. He's very no-nonsense and down-to-earth.

    And guess now what the man does on his Facebook-page and Instagram-page :P. You gotta love this nerdy guy. Something the Bond-film-franchise needs. And I think it works. He infuses the Bond-film-franchise with so much positivity, nerdiness and fun ^:)^ .

    So now we know how much he cares about what fans think. Anddd…...that we do get a new gunbarrel-sequence:

    FaX25S3.jpg
    GKLoQvf.jpg

    That is not his official Facebook. It only posts news articles surrounding NTTD and has no insider information or quotes from him.

    The Instagram account is legit. I think that's his only one.
  • Posts: 582
    As someone who hated the Spectre gunbarrel with Craig swinging his gun and not concealing it, I'm all for a reshoot of such an iconic image.
  • Posts: 2,143
    JET007 wrote: »
    As someone who hated the Spectre gunbarrel with Craig swinging his gun and not concealing it, I'm all for a reshoot of such an iconic image.

    Have to say as someone who really likes SP, the way Craig swings his arm with the gun did annoy me. I wonder was it Mendes who got him to do it that way or was it Craig?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Posts: 1,871
    I liked everything about the Spectre gunbarrel bar the colour grading.
  • Posts: 1,371
    Cary will likely do a new gun barrel with his stamp on it.
  • Posts: 227
    peter wrote: »
    Misogyny is one who resents and dislikes women. That is not James Bond.

    A chauvinistic-hedonist? That’s closer to who he is. As Fleming was.

    James Bond is NOT a chauvinist.
    .

    I wonder why misogyny is common place term, and everyone is on the look out for it. But not misandrism?

  • Posts: 3,640
    Troy wrote: »
    peter wrote: »
    Misogyny is one who resents and dislikes women. That is not James Bond.

    A chauvinistic-hedonist? That’s closer to who he is. As Fleming was.

    James Bond is NOT a chauvinist.
    .

    I wonder why misogyny is common place term, and everyone is on the look out for it. But not misandrism?

    Misandrism should really be used more often.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited September 29 Posts: 1,871
    Univex wrote: »
    Troy wrote: »
    peter wrote: »
    Misogyny is one who resents and dislikes women. That is not James Bond.

    A chauvinistic-hedonist? That’s closer to who he is. As Fleming was.

    James Bond is NOT a chauvinist.
    .

    I wonder why misogyny is common place term, and everyone is on the look out for it. But not misandrism?

    Misandrism should really be used more often.
    Who is Miss Andrism? ;) (Sorry bad joke)
  • Posts: 3,640
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    Troy wrote: »
    peter wrote: »
    Misogyny is one who resents and dislikes women. That is not James Bond.

    A chauvinistic-hedonist? That’s closer to who he is. As Fleming was.

    James Bond is NOT a chauvinist.
    .

    I wonder why misogyny is common place term, and everyone is on the look out for it. But not misandrism?

    Misandrism should really be used more often.
    Who is Miss Andrism? ;) (Sorry bad joke)

    Not a good gal, that's for sure.

    See, answering with a worse joke. Just to make you look good. I've got your back, @Denbigh. ;)
Sign In or Register to comment.