No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

Shardlake wrote: »
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    From Queensland with love: Premier's push to bring 007 to Sunshine State
    https://brisbanetimes.com.au/national/queensland/from-queensland-with-love-premier-s-push-to-bring-007-to-sunshine-state-20190618-p51yzo.html

The next instalment of one of the world's most loved movie franchises could be filmed in Queensland, if Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk has her way.

Ms Palaszczuk met with senior executives at EON Productions, producers of the James Bond films, during her trade mission to the United Kingdom in April, documents tabled in Parliament show.

The documents reveal Screen Queensland approached the Bond filmakers in December last year.

"It is something that I think would be great for Queensland, it is early discussions but we have invited them out here to come and take a look at how sophisticated our production studios are here," Ms Palaszczuk told 10 News.

"Who knows, 007 could be coming down under.

"I said to them at length that we have been able to transform the Brisbane's CBD into New York, into San Francisco and of course we could cope with transforming it into London as well."

Ms Palaszczuk said the next step would be to lure a scouting crew to the sunshine state and "show them a good time" in the hopes they launch production in Queensland.

Too late for NTTD, isn t it?

With you know what on the horizon EON might well be shifting production elsewhere for Bond 26.

We'll see what happens to Bond in light of that.

To be fair Bond has not been to Australia in a big movie way, but obviously you need the right script?

• jasinboland
    #Repost @cary_fukunaga image I made for our fearless leader a few locations back. I think it sums up a directors path down the road to storytelling. Dark clouds, long path, many mountains to cross but within all that adversity there’s a silver lining that when you get it right it washes your soul with pure light. Loved our chats about #maniac watch it on @netflix if you haven’t already, guys a freaking genius hopefully get to work for him on a longer stint! · · · My wish is to stay always like this, living quietly in a corner of nature.
    -Claude Monet 📷@jasinboland
    BOND-FB-Watermarked-Portrait_V2.jpg
    BOND-FB-Watermarked-Portrait.jpg
    They are both looking great and ready for action!!!! :-bd
    EEDHpvzXkAEs-Sj?format=jpg
    EEDHpvpWkAA4ADI?format=jpg
    ehhhh he has one more after this in him come on Bond 26 in 2022 titled The Hildebrand Rarity with Craig returning and the plot taking elements of you only live twice and the man with the golden gun.
  • DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom
    This should definitely be Craig's last Bond film. He's looking really quite old now. Time to regenerate 007. He's been bloody brilliant though.
  • edited September 9 Posts: 1,870
    EEDQm9TUcAEAVDN?format=jpg
  • ResurrectionResurrection You don't need to be an operative to see the obvious
    That's my favorite pic of what we have seen so far from matera.
  • GertGettlerGertGettler Laptop Barcelona
    This should definitely be Craig's last Bond film. He's looking really quite old now. Time to regenerate 007. He's been bloody brilliant though.

I think with deliberately posed material, like the one from above, Craig indeed looks a bit old. Buy yesterday during the TIFF the responses were entirely the opposite.

So may I say something? Getting rid of an actor because he looks old is one of the most dumb and stupid remarks and arguments I have ever heard. If physical age is the new argument to blacklist actors or to urge actors to get the f&*# off, then to me it's a nasty kind of discrimination.

Look to actors like Tom Cruise, Hugh Jackman and others who do action blackbusters. Are they being forcefully moved into the closet as it is the case with mothballs? No! The only reason we talk about age these days, because 'we' apparently need something stupid to talk about if there's no Bond-film in cinema's for so long (Hear hear EON, do something about that). Daniel Craig is not old. If it was for me he could have played Bond well into 2026. If Cruise can do it. Craig can do it.

But the latter is a different story/topic we ought to discuss somewhere else. Daniel Craig isn't as much as an action actor like many of us hoped for. He quits for personal/family reasons. That's damn Obvious. He doesn't quit because he physically looks too old. The latter is a nonsense argument.

Now let's hope NTTD to be a wonderful Bond-film :-).
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

I think with deliberately posed material, like the one from above, Craig indeed looks a bit old. Buy yesterday during the TIFF the responses were entirely the opposite.

So may I say something? Getting rid of an actor because he looks old is one of the most dumb and stupid remarks and arguments I have ever heard. If physical age is the new argument to blacklist actors or to urge actors to get the f&*# off, then to me it's a nasty kind of discrimination.

Look to actors like Tom Cruise, Hugh Jackman and others who do action blackbusters. Are they being forcefully moved into the closet as it is the case with mothballs? No! The only reason we talk about age these days, because 'we' apparently need something stupid to talk about if there's no Bond-film in cinema's for so long (Hear hear EON, do something about that). Daniel Craig is not old. If it was for me he could have played Bond well into 2026. If Cruise can do it. Craig can do it.

But the latter is a different story/topic we ought to discuss somewhere else. Daniel Craig isn't as much as an action actor like many of us hoped for. He quits for personal/family reasons. That's damn Obvious. He doesn't quit because he physically looks too old. The latter is a nonsense argument.

Now let's hope NTTD to be a wonderful Bond-film :-).

You crack me up sometimes, man.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    That last Instagram opens with a tease like it's gonna use the backing music from the Fallout trailer.

• DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    And the prize for most condescending headline and subsequent article goes to...

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

I don't see it. Sorry. Only in the close-up with DC's arm around Lea's waist, does he look a bit aged. But lighting can do that. In the other shots (including the video from @marketto007), he's fine. I am not even sure he is wearing make-up.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Is that BGM a clue to what Dan Romer has cooked up for the score, or was it sourced from somewhere else?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Minion wrote: »
    Is that BGM a clue to what Dan Romer has cooked up for the score, or was it sourced from somewhere else?
    The music was composed a year ago by JMY:

Is the bond theme woven in there
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    jake24 wrote: »
    Minion wrote: »
    The music was composed a year ago by JMY:

Aw bummer. :-B
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger The out of control room.
    And the prize for most condescending headline and subsequent article goes to...

What irony.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ocean Club, Bahamas.
    edited September 10 Posts: 1,657
    They both look great, but I'm especially happy to see Léa smile. It doesn't happen that much. ;)
  • ResurrectionResurrection You don't need to be an operative to see the obvious
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    They both look great, but I'm especially happy to see Léa smile. It doesn't happen that much. ;)

Yes, She should smile more .
    I just realised, Craig is gonna see off three US administrations in his tenure as Bond.

Jesus Christ! When he was first cast the first smart phone was yet to be released.

The PS3 was still months off from debuting. The PS3! The PS5 comes out next year.

He has been Bond for a loooong time hasn't he?
    I just realised, Craig is gonna see off three US administrations in his tenure as Bond.

Jesus Christ! When he was first cast the first smart phone was yet to be released.

The PS3 was still months off from debuting. The PS3! The PS5 comes out next year.

Yep, He and we have possibly missed out on one if not two additional Bond films during his tenure sadly too?
  • edited September 15 Posts: 44

This gave me a chuckle, as I was just thinking the other day about how Craig's Bond films have almost marked all of my relationship changes thus far in life. NTTD marks my first long-term stint at being single... I wonder what the future will bring? :))
    who is Craig Mazin?
  • RC7RC7
    Risico007 wrote: »
    who is Craig Mazin?

A writer. He co-hosts a very good podcast called ‘Script Notes’, which I’d recommend to the armchair critics on here who think they know about the writing process. Might open their eyes.
    TripAces wrote: »

I don't see it. Sorry. Only in the close-up with DC's arm around Lea's waist, does he look a bit aged. But lighting can do that. In the other shots (including the video from @marketto007), he's fine. I am not even sure he is wearing make-up.

DC arguably looking better now than he did in SF or even SP.

The ageing between QOS and SF was the most dramatic - in a bad way.

Feels like he's grown into his older looks now.
    Craig looks great in matera, he looked a bit tired and depressed in Jamaica when he was skimming the fish and on his sail boat