No Time To Die: Production Diary

1252225232525252725282575

Comments

  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited June 20 Posts: 3,462
    jake24 wrote: »
    How spoilery is that spoiler?

    Not very. It's one that was reported before.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld Minnesota USA
    Posts: 2,270
    Wonder where else they be filming now until October is a long time.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Posts: 1,165
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Wonder where else they be filming now until October is a long time.

    As for now they still have to film more or less for 6 weeks in Italy - plus maybe some more work in Norway - but after all as Mendes once said is at Pinewood that budget dies.
  • Posts: 1,650
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    Craigs injury will limit his stunts. Dont forget in AVTAK Moore had a stunt man for everything and they made it work. They can make it work here

    Bit trickier to conceal in this day and age, but I’m optimistic regardless.

    I think its easier TBH with all the CGI and technology we have today.

    Hugh Jackman barely lifted a finger for Logan but you'd never know


    Exactly. We never knew
  • Posts: 199
    Was anyone else shouting The Living Daylights at The Price Of Wales on the screen when Ralph Fiennes asked him if he'd visited a Bond set before and he replied he couldn't remember. How dare you forget!! (Or maybe he didn't want to get into that conversation if you get my meaning)
  • cwl007 wrote: »
    Was anyone else shouting The Living Daylights at The Price Of Wales on the screen when Ralph Fiennes asked him if he'd visited a Bond set before and he replied he couldn't remember. How dare you forget!! (Or maybe he didn't want to get into that conversation if you get my meaning)

    Surely the Aston Martin Vantage should have jogged his memory!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Thunderfinger Wane Museum
    Posts: 33,481
    cwl007 wrote: »
    Was anyone else shouting The Living Daylights at The Price Of Wales on the screen when Ralph Fiennes asked him if he'd visited a Bond set before and he replied he couldn't remember. How dare you forget!! (Or maybe he didn't want to get into that conversation if you get my meaning)

    Could be uncomfortable for him, that is what I am thinking as well.
  • Posts: 3,155
    cwl007 wrote: »
    Was anyone else shouting The Living Daylights at The Price Of Wales on the screen when Ralph Fiennes asked him if he'd visited a Bond set before and he replied he couldn't remember. How dare you forget!! (Or maybe he didn't want to get into that conversation if you get my meaning)

    Could be uncomfortable for him, that is what I am thinking as well.

    It's likely due to the fact that he's busy and has to meet and greet different people daily throughout his life. Visiting a film set 33 years ago for the Prince of Wales must feel like another lifetime ago. I'm not surprised he can't remember it.

    Meanwhile, according to her Instagram Ana De Armas recently went back to (the real) Cuba before beginning work on a new film in Los Angeles

    I assume she's wrapped on Bond 25. Which further hints that Lynch is the female lead.
  • Posts: 10,714
    Pavlo wrote: »

    There's interesting B25 tidbits in there which is why I posted it here. Boyle makes the issue sound larger than casting
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Germany
    Posts: 806
    What about "Prince of Whales" as a title?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Posts: 9,705
    I don't think Ana's Instagram is any indication of her being done. She could be going on to another film for a month or two then return to the set later in production.
  • CASINOROYALECASINOROYALE Somewhere hot
    Posts: 946
    cwl007 wrote: »
    Was anyone else shouting The Living Daylights at The Price Of Wales on the screen when Ralph Fiennes asked him if he'd visited a Bond set before and he replied he couldn't remember. How dare you forget!! (Or maybe he didn't want to get into that conversation if you get my meaning)

    Could be uncomfortable for him, that is what I am thinking as well.

    It's likely due to the fact that he's busy and has to meet and greet different people daily throughout his life. Visiting a film set 33 years ago for the Prince of Wales must feel like another lifetime ago. I'm not surprised he can't remember it.

    Meanwhile, according to her Instagram Ana De Armas recently went back to (the real) Cuba before beginning work on a new film in Los Angeles

    I assume she's wrapped on Bond 25. Which further hints that Lynch is the female lead.

    Two things!

    1) Craig told Prince Charles that they shoot based on the actors schedules. They shoot out of order.. Filming ends in October. Ana is a much more high profile actress than Lynch. My guess is that Madeline dies, Lynch is an MI6 agent who is shadowing Bond, a total hard ass if you will.

    Ana is the main Bond girl. It just seems odd that we would have Madeline, Lynch and Ana be his love interests.. He “loved” Madeline at the end of spectre and left his career for her like Vesper.


    2) I just saw captain marvel and Lynch would ruin the entire film for me if she was they main girl... Not even remotely attractive. Craig leaves the other girls for her???

  • Posts: 3,155
    cwl007 wrote: »
    Was anyone else shouting The Living Daylights at The Price Of Wales on the screen when Ralph Fiennes asked him if he'd visited a Bond set before and he replied he couldn't remember. How dare you forget!! (Or maybe he didn't want to get into that conversation if you get my meaning)

    Could be uncomfortable for him, that is what I am thinking as well.

    It's likely due to the fact that he's busy and has to meet and greet different people daily throughout his life. Visiting a film set 33 years ago for the Prince of Wales must feel like another lifetime ago. I'm not surprised he can't remember it.

    Meanwhile, according to her Instagram Ana De Armas recently went back to (the real) Cuba before beginning work on a new film in Los Angeles

    I assume she's wrapped on Bond 25. Which further hints that Lynch is the female lead.

    Two things!

    1) Craig told Prince Charles that they shoot based on the actors schedules. They shoot out of order.. Filming ends in October. Ana is a much more high profile actress than Lynch. My guess is that Madeline dies, Lynch is an MI6 agent who is shadowing Bond, a total hard ass if you will.

    Ana is the main Bond girl. It just seems odd that we would have Madeline, Lynch and Ana be his love interests.. He “loved” Madeline at the end of spectre and left his career for her like Vesper.


    2) I just saw captain marvel and Lynch would ruin the entire film for me if she was they main girl... Not even remotely attractive. Craig leaves the other girls for her???

    I don't think you're going to get traditional 'love interests' in this film for numerous reasons. Including the fact that Madeleine is returning, the new girls are 20 years younger and the MeToo movement.

    Also, i have to admit that Lynch was given a dodgy look in Captain Marvel. That wig and jumpsuit were not great. but she gives a great dramatic performance.

    She is certainly the nominal lead. Ana is either a 'bad girl' or a Severine type.

    I wouldn't go as far to say that Lashana is unattractive and her presence would ruin the film. Seems a bit strong.

    la-1551399655-5gegytm48f-snap-image
  • CASINOROYALECASINOROYALE Somewhere hot
    Posts: 946
    cwl007 wrote: »
    Was anyone else shouting The Living Daylights at The Price Of Wales on the screen when Ralph Fiennes asked him if he'd visited a Bond set before and he replied he couldn't remember. How dare you forget!! (Or maybe he didn't want to get into that conversation if you get my meaning)

    Could be uncomfortable for him, that is what I am thinking as well.

    It's likely due to the fact that he's busy and has to meet and greet different people daily throughout his life. Visiting a film set 33 years ago for the Prince of Wales must feel like another lifetime ago. I'm not surprised he can't remember it.

    Meanwhile, according to her Instagram Ana De Armas recently went back to (the real) Cuba before beginning work on a new film in Los Angeles

    I assume she's wrapped on Bond 25. Which further hints that Lynch is the female lead.

    Two things!

    1) Craig told Prince Charles that they shoot based on the actors schedules. They shoot out of order.. Filming ends in October. Ana is a much more high profile actress than Lynch. My guess is that Madeline dies, Lynch is an MI6 agent who is shadowing Bond, a total hard ass if you will.

    Ana is the main Bond girl. It just seems odd that we would have Madeline, Lynch and Ana be his love interests.. He “loved” Madeline at the end of spectre and left his career for her like Vesper.


    2) I just saw captain marvel and Lynch would ruin the entire film for me if she was they main girl... Not even remotely attractive. Craig leaves the other girls for her???

    I don't think you're going to get traditional 'love interests' in this film for numerous reasons. Including the fact that Madeleine is returning, the new girls are 20 years younger and the MeToo movement.

    Also, i have to admit that Lynch was given a dodgy look in Captain Marvel. That wig and jumpsuit were not great. but she gives a great dramatic performance.

    She is certainly the nominal lead. Ana is either a 'bad girl' or a Severine type.

    I wouldn't go as far to say that Lashana is unattractive and her presence would ruin the film. Seems a bit strong.

    la-1551399655-5gegytm48f-snap-image

    I disagree.. Looks like a man to me.

    Nothing against black women but come on... Ana is IMO the hottest Bond girl ever. I just don’t see her and Craig ending his series with her..

    I’m hoping she’s a double agent and bad. I think either her or Ana are secretly bad.

  • 00Agent00Agent Back on a mission in Austria. Not pulling out just yet.
    Posts: 4,044
    If Lashana turns out to be a double agent/villain, which i'm suspecting too at the moment (Ana being the sacrificial lamb, who wouldn't go on a rampage over her?) then this film will trully be a DAD remake. Fine by me.
  • Posts: 9,205
    cwl007 wrote: »
    Was anyone else shouting The Living Daylights at The Price Of Wales on the screen when Ralph Fiennes asked him if he'd visited a Bond set before and he replied he couldn't remember. How dare you forget!! (Or maybe he didn't want to get into that conversation if you get my meaning)

    I think Diana smashing the glass on his head while Jeroen Krabbe laughed must have jarred his memory.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Posts: 1,165
    cwl007 wrote: »
    Was anyone else shouting The Living Daylights at The Price Of Wales on the screen when Ralph Fiennes asked him if he'd visited a Bond set before and he replied he couldn't remember. How dare you forget!! (Or maybe he didn't want to get into that conversation if you get my meaning)

    Could be uncomfortable for him, that is what I am thinking as well.

    It's likely due to the fact that he's busy and has to meet and greet different people daily throughout his life. Visiting a film set 33 years ago for the Prince of Wales must feel like another lifetime ago. I'm not surprised he can't remember it.

    Meanwhile, according to her Instagram Ana De Armas recently went back to (the real) Cuba before beginning work on a new film in Los Angeles

    I assume she's wrapped on Bond 25. Which further hints that Lynch is the female lead.

    Two things!

    1) Craig told Prince Charles that they shoot based on the actors schedules. They shoot out of order.. Filming ends in October. Ana is a much more high profile actress than Lynch. My guess is that Madeline dies, Lynch is an MI6 agent who is shadowing Bond, a total hard ass if you will.

    Ana is the main Bond girl. It just seems odd that we would have Madeline, Lynch and Ana be his love interests.. He “loved” Madeline at the end of spectre and left his career for her like Vesper.


    2) I just saw captain marvel and Lynch would ruin the entire film for me if she was they main girl... Not even remotely attractive. Craig leaves the other girls for her???

    I don't think you're going to get traditional 'love interests' in this film for numerous reasons. Including the fact that Madeleine is returning, the new girls are 20 years younger and the MeToo movement.

    Also, i have to admit that Lynch was given a dodgy look in Captain Marvel. That wig and jumpsuit were not great. but she gives a great dramatic performance.

    She is certainly the nominal lead. Ana is either a 'bad girl' or a Severine type.

    I wouldn't go as far to say that Lashana is unattractive and her presence would ruin the film. Seems a bit strong.

    la-1551399655-5gegytm48f-snap-image

    I disagree.. Looks like a man to me.

    Nothing against black women but come on... Ana is IMO the hottest Bond girl ever. I just don’t see her and Craig ending his series with her..

    I’m hoping she’s a double agent and bad. I think either her or Ana are secretly bad.

    I definitely don't see Bond having a relationship with her. It's pretty obvious Nomi will be the strong masculine #MeToo female character of the movie, someone who doesn't need to fell into Bond's arms. Just look at her... Jessica Chastain will be proud. Beside that, another MI6 new character written to turn bad like Denbigh? I don't know...
  • edited June 21 Posts: 10,714
    A shame Lupita wasn't interested.
    I think Nomi/Lushana is going to be involved in some full on fight scenes. She looks like she can take care of herself in a tight corner and appears super fit. Hasn't she mentioned some fight training of some sort? I just hope she also has a bit of warmth/wit about her and isn't just a stereotypical kick ass character.

    Plenty of opportunities to get things wrong but hopefully Cary with PWB's writing will keep it light and tight.
  • Posts: 3,155
    Getafix wrote: »
    A shame Lupita wasn't interested.

    When people first heard Lupita's name being mentioned, she got similar comments saying she wasn't attractive enough, etc.

    i say people shouldn't write off Lynch merely because they aren't physically attracted to her. Clealy she impressed Barbara Broccoli, Cary Fukunaga and Daniel Craig enough to get the gig. They are three very difficult individuals to please.

    Personally, I think she looks cool.

    DlVS8SQW0AAx0YL.jpg
  • Posts: 10,714
    She is physically imposing but not conventionally pretty (unlike for example Harris). Hopefully she will just be really good in her role.
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    Posts: 293
    Getafix wrote: »
    A shame Lupita wasn't interested.
    I think Nomi/Lushana is going to be involved in some full on fight scenes. She looks like she can take care of herself in a tight corner and appears super fit. Hasn't she mentioned some fight training of some sort? I just hope she also has a bit of warmth/wit about her and isn't just a stereotypical kick ass character.

    Plenty of opportunities to get things wrong but hopefully Cary with PWB's writing will keep it light and tight.

    What I like about Cary and PWB that they are tremendeously talented screenwriters who deal with characters very well. Their works are famous for its complex, multi-layered characters, as for example character of Idris Elba in "Beasts of No Nation" (maybe the best role in Idris' carreer), particularly all key characters in "Maniac", Eve and Villanelle from "Killing Eve" and Fleabag from "Fleabag". Characters are in good hands. And Cary is also a great master of story, plot and he is probably main author of story and plot for Bond 25.
  • edited June 21 Posts: 9,098
    I’m excited to see more of Ana, whenever that is. A really great choice for a Bond girl, and probably the second-most exciting cast announcement for me after Jeffrey Wright. I get the feeling she’ll probably have a minor role. Wasn’t it confirmed with the intimacy coordinator news that Bond will bed Ana’s character? I imagine Ana will be a somewhat minor Bond girl and Lashana will play some kind of field agent with a non-sexual relationship with Bond.
  • Posts: 10,714
    Isn't the basic plot P&W's?
  • Posts: 3,155
    Getafix wrote: »
    She is physically imposing but not conventionally pretty (unlike for example Harris). Hopefully she will just be really good in her role.

    I don't think she's physically imposing at all. Not sure how you came up with that one.

    If Lashana nails the role, there is always the chance they will spin-off her character. Especially is she is the new 007.

    Any day now Universal are expected to announce a streaming network, maybe a flagship show named "007" and staring Lynch would be a great prospect.
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    Posts: 293
    Getafix wrote: »
    Isn't the basic plot P&W's?

    Yes, but according to different rumours Cary worked with them from September to January (Barbara said that Cary, P&W are main writers and PWB and S. Burns were added to polish th script) and basic screenplay war rewritten significantly after Cary entering project.
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    Posts: 293
    Interesting that Cary proposed himself to producers in 2016, but they had chosen Danny Boyle. I think he proposed himself not only because of director's chair, maybe he had his own ideas for Bond 25. And he said that he really wanted to work with such franchise.
  • edited June 21 Posts: 5,165
    Getafix wrote: »
    Pavlo wrote: »

    There's interesting B25 tidbits in there which is why I posted it here. Boyle makes the issue sound larger than casting
    He says not more than he said already before. He was with Hodge, Eon didn´t like the direction the two were working toward.



    la-1551399655-5gegytm48f-snap-image
    I only now notice she´s got eyebrows like Connery.
Sign In or Register to comment.