No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    @TheWizardOfIce i want you to know that i love you. 797 pages and you and @RC7 keeping me sane amongst all the 'news' on bond25.
  • Getafix wrote: »
    I didn't realise they'd already done this with Colonel Sun. Even dialogue apparently?

You had to be looking for it. I admit I didn't catch it on first viewing. It was among a lot of "special thanks" credits in the end titles.
  • Jeff Sneider follows up on the 007 film universe rumor

http://bit.ly/2t9EXix
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited June 2017 Posts: 5,962
    Jeff Sneider follows up on the 007 film universe rumor

To quote one of the SPECTRE skiers in OHMSS:

"Idiot."
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Indeed. The article mentions competition. So what's the competition? Disney?

Trends come and go. They have come and gone in the past 55 years. But Bond has always stuck to his guns and he's always been around.
    So it's a moron talking utter cr*p. What a surprise
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Someday we'll look back at these all and laugh.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible

Even my brother-in-law Billy Bob is annoyed by this guy.
  • edited June 2017 Posts: 6,844
    “Let’s start with that pesky, little tweet of mine. Was this even a big thing?”

"Aw, who me? Did I do that?"
    “I tweeted something to the effect I heard the Broccolis were planning a Bond unvierse and potentially juggling multiple movies simultaneously. To me, to have a Bond movie once, I don’t know, once every three or four years in this kind of competitive landscape, you can’t really do that anymore. You have to keep the well going. I don’t know if Bond thinks it’s special.”

So there—of course, as we all knew—never was anything there to begin with. Just this guy thinking everybody else is doing universes so Bond needs to do one too. Let me start a false hearsay rumor about that and get myself some buzz. And this inflammatory "I don't know if Bond thinks it's special." Guy sounds like a real tool. Just peddling his empty rumors for page views. I was watching The Outlaw Josey Wales the other day and there's this idiot character with a bottle of pond water with the label "Elixir" on it that he keeps trying to sell to everybody. Clint finally spits a generous helping of tobacco on the man's white suit coat. I think this Sneider needs a similar wake-up call re: his little bottle of pond water.

Some of us are laughing now.
    edited June 2017 Posts: 15,423

Some of us are laughing now.
    Some kind of heroes we are. ;)
  • It's no big deal in the grand scheme of things—all this clickbait hearsay "journalism." It's just obnoxious. Like the guys peddling pond water elixirs in westerns. They contribute no good to society. They're only after page views. And all they really do at the end of the day is spread misinformation.
    I don't take anything seriously anymore, especially in the last fifteen years when journalism has become the back end of all the jokes out there.

Back then, they made a big deal of Craig being blonde, and then reported that he can't drive manually transmitted cars or whatever, fast forward the "casting" of Idris Elba in the role, as well as that "big revelation" of an announcement MGM and EON were going to make approximately a year ago, and these are just the tip of the iceberg.

Pinch of salt. Take everything with it.
  • edited June 2017 Posts: 6,844
    Exactly. It has, as you say, been the norm for internet journalism for a long time now. Sadly, it only appears to be growing more and more widespread.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited June 2017 Posts: 3,126
    re: using continuation novels for Bond movies.

Yes, the authors would get paid. However, the payment would be tiny compared with the cost of the "car drive" and "world's biggest explosion in a motion picture" in SPECTRE.

Why would it be tiny? Because there's no other market. Eon has a monopoly on making James Bond films. It's not like there will be a bidding war.

Also, they apparently paid something to Kingsley Amis' estate given the "special thanks" credit in the SPECTRE end titles. They've opened the door to further use of continuation novels. Whether they take of advantage of it remains to be seen.

I think they have no other choice if they can't come up with anything original they will have to use continuation novels which could be interesting
    Tuulia wrote: »
    Wow, 1.75k new posts here. You've kept busy. ;) I only read the latest page, and I'm all up to date with the news now. :P

Did you catch the part where some island near Malta changed the heading on their official James Bond page from "Spectre" to "New James Bond Movie"?

Nope. Oh dear oh dear...
    edited July 2017 Posts: 5,962
    Have we had any substantive news since the NYT article about the presentations and the recreated Dr. No set?
    echo wrote: »

"Idiot."

Well said. I lost interest and respect for that guy's opinion as soon as he mentioned the code-name theory again.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Have we had any substantive news since the NYT article about the presentations and the recreated Dr. No set?
    Please check page 1.
    jake24 wrote: »
    Please check page 1.

That's why I said "substantive."
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Please check page 1.

Ah. Then no, there has not.

Or cry
  • jake24 wrote: »
    Please check page 1.

Ah. Then no, there has not.

--Almost four months since Baz Bamigboye reported Purvis & Wade hired to write Bond 25.

--More than two months since New York Times report about the studio presentations.
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 1
    )
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    ToTheRight wrote: »

"Idiot."

Well said. I lost interest and respect for that guy's opinion as soon as he mentioned the code-name theory again.

I wonder what Albert Wilson and Barbara Broccoli have to say about this.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited July 2017 Posts: 9,117
    mattjoes wrote: »
    ToTheRight wrote: »

"Idiot."

I wonder what Albert Wilson and Barbara Broccoli have to say about this.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Wilson_(American_football)

I for one would be extremely interested to hear Albert's opinion on all matters Bondian.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited July 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Can someone please tell me who that chap is above with a face closeup, and what he has to do with our discussion? Are we supposed to admire and be in awe of his complexion?

EDIT: Looks like it's been deleted. Thank goodness.
    Good old Albert!
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    I'm also fascinated to know what anybody out ther called Michael G Broccoli thinks.
  • JeffreyJeffrey The Netherlands
    I'm also fascinated to know what anybody out ther called Michael G Broccoli thinks.

You obviously mean Barbara G. Saltzman... but indeed, me too.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    What about Broccoli Barbara? :))