No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

Univex wrote: »
    This day and age?!? Japan just legalised whale hunting again. This day and age suck!

If you consider just how awful most animals are (for exampe most dolphins like to rape for fun), we humas are pretty cool. Planet Earth should be grateful for our existence!

Of course you would say something like this.

Indeed x more bollocks from the king of bollocks.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ocean Club, Bahamas.
    Getafix wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Damn…Was really hoping Norway would be used more than this.

Me too (no pun intended).
    I don't like it when they substitute one place for another,as I always see it for what it is.
    I will know its not Norway but Scotland.
    Hopefully the film will be so engrossing it wont matter,still a big shame though.

Must be even worse for you,being Norwegian,Torg.

I just hope the shift of actual locations won't be painfully obvious on screen. I'd hate for it to take me out of the film.

I had the same problem with SF where so many locations are actually just Turkey or bits of England. One of the reasons the Skyfall climax doesn't work for me is that it doesn't look like Scotland.

Even the FRWL climax grates with me. Not a huge fan of the sequence and it looks like Scotland when it's supposed to be Turkey or the Balkans somewhere.

Didn't have problems with that. And this is tiresome.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited July 19 Posts: 3,520

This day and age?!? Japan just legalised whale hunting again. This day and age suck!

If you consider just how awful most animals are (for exampe most dolphins like to rape for fun), we humas are pretty cool. Planet Earth should be grateful for our existence!

We are far from cool and we are doing a very good job of screwing the planet up.

When this race shuffles off this mortal coil the planet will be a lot better for it.

Mod Edit: Watch the language please. And again, this is completely off topic.
    Shardlake wrote: »

We are far from cool and we are doing a very good job of screwing the planet up.

When this race shuffles off this mortal coil the planet will be a lot better for it.

Mod Edit: Watch the language please. And again, this is completely off topic.

giphy.gif

I know this was off topic, but this thread deserved his own Mr. Smith ;)

Now, on to the Production. Slow week news wise, right?
    I don't hate it. In fact, it's kinda cool.....

dBNj6dw_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Can some people mock up some title treatments?

Personally, its vague and opaque and feels like something suited to a John Gardner/Raymond Benson continuation novel.

However..............................it's simple and effective. It sounds Bondian. It's also a very appeasable and easily marketable title for Universal/UAR. I can understand that they view it as underwhelming but it 'works'.

Most importantly of all, it would make a great title for a song. Which is the most important of all.

However, @MI6 have a woeful record when it comes to reporting Bond 25 scoops. Need I remind you the time they announced that only two networks would be present at the live launch. Only for a few hours to pass and they back-peddled dramatically when it was revealed that it would be live-streamed. Later @Lizo (from the BBC, crucially one of the networks MI6 said was NOT invited) confirmed that the Jamaica launch had been in the pipeline for weeks.

The grand irony is that their redundant podcast 'James Bond & Friends' keeps purporting that they have the scoops before anyone else. Ummmmmm.........not the case. Most of it comes from members on these forums that they pass of as their own.

@MI6 are classic gaslighters. They keep telling us how reliable they are at scoops and eventually they hope we believe them.

Nonetheless, this is a cool rumour. But if @MI6 have any confidence, they'll speak up sooner rather than later.
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    On a separate note, I wonder why their has been no pod cast this week? :(( I enjoy listening to the chatter and what their thoughts are on various subjects.

I enjoy it too, hopefully one turns up soon.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld Minnesota USA
    I'm trying to find that website I used to use to predict when trailers come out I used it for Spectre but can't remember the name. Anybody know?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    I'm trying to find that website I used to use to predict when trailers come out I used it for Spectre but can't remember the name. Anybody know?
    Trailer Track? It's run by @antovolk, so we would've heard something by now if they had the inside scoop.
    jake24 wrote: »
    Trailer Track? It's run by @antovolk, so we would've heard something by now if they had the inside scoop.

Indeed,we have that area covered,and alas all quiet on the Western Front,still.
    barryt007 wrote: »

Indeed,we have that area covered,and alas all quiet on the Western Front,still.

The Germans and the Allies have a cease fire.

@jake24 I'm not sure if it's that I will have a look though.
  • duke_togoduke_togo france
    it's more probable that there will be a behind the scene clip of the pinewood filming soon than a teaser trailer imo...
    duke_togo wrote: »
    it's more probable that there will be a behind the scene clip of the pinewood filming soon than a teaser trailer imo...

@duke_togo probably the way they are doing things with showing footage yes.
    duke_togo wrote: »

@duke_togo probably the way they are doing things with showing footage yes.

I can happily accept that! :-bd
    The_Reaper wrote: »
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Anyone complaining about the Komodo dragons should go back to a certain scene from 2002 involving white ice, pencil blue water and a certain Pierce Brosnan doing some surfing when he really wasn't.

Seriously though, I know that some people have complaints about the fake-looking helicopters and the fake-looking animals and whatnot, but in a film that gives us so much real visual splendour, can we please agree that it doesn't have to be Avengers or Avatar? Or rather, has any Bond film ever looked spotless? Ever since the beginning of the series, we have seen imperfect visual effects. But do we care? We oughtn't, because even fake-looking things can serve a purpose in the story and even fake-looking things can still be awesome given the mastery that was behind it all. Some moments in the YOLT crater look far from credible or "real" but is anyone going to throw that in the face of the legacy of Freddie Young, Peter Hunt and Ken Adam? Of course not.

I agree that in these days of flawless looking Lion King and Spider-Man films, we have come to expect something of big-budget movies, but to be fair, those few seconds of you-only-see-it-if-you-want-to slip-ups in SF are like a couple of salty bites in an otherwise perfect meal.

I love the dragon scene because it oozes old-school Bond and is meant to be a bit tongue-in-cheek.

Always loved that scene myself and @DarthDimi is right.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    The_Reaper wrote: »
    Anyone complaining about the Komodo dragons should go back to a certain scene from 2002 involving white ice, pencil blue water and a certain Pierce Brosnan doing some surfing when he really wasn't.

Seriously though, I know that some people have complaints about the fake-looking helicopters and the fake-looking animals and whatnot, but in a film that gives us so much real visual splendour, can we please agree that it doesn't have to be Avengers or Avatar? Or rather, has any Bond film ever looked spotless? Ever since the beginning of the series, we have seen imperfect visual effects. But do we care? We oughtn't, because even fake-looking things can serve a purpose in the story and even fake-looking things can still be awesome given the mastery that was behind it all. Some moments in the YOLT crater look far from credible or "real" but is anyone going to throw that in the face of the legacy of Freddie Young, Peter Hunt and Ken Adam? Of course not.

I agree that in these days of flawless looking Lion King and Spider-Man films, we have come to expect something of big-budget movies, but to be fair, those few seconds of you-only-see-it-if-you-want-to slip-ups in SF are like a couple of salty bites in an otherwise perfect meal.

I love the dragon scene because it oozes old-school Bond and is meant to be a bit tongue-in-cheek.

Always loved that scene myself and @DarthDimi is right.

This.
  • robcoperobcope St. Petersburg, FL
    Didn't we have a Spectre trailer in March '15, which is closer to the film's premier than we are to Bond 25 right now?

I have a tendency to spoil Bond movies, like many of you, so I'm not really complaining, but I think if we get into the end of August and we don't even have a title, I'll get a little impatient.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    It was released on March 28th, 212 days before its UK release.

Today we are 252 days from B25's release date, meaning the teaser trailer would have to be released on September 4th if they were to respect SPECTRE's gap.

Similarly, the two trailers would be expect for December 29th and March 10th, with the theme song being released at the beginning of March (Skyfall and WOTW were released around 1 month before the movie's release).
    Walecs wrote: »
    It was released on March 28th, 212 days before its UK release.

Today we are 252 days from B25's release date, meaning the teaser trailer would have to be released on September 4th if they were to respect SPECTRE's gap.

Similarly, the two trailers would be expect for December 29th and March 10th, with the theme song being released at the beginning of March (Skyfall and WOTW were released around 1 month before the movie's release).

@Walecs thanks for giving us some kind of date wish they would put out dates for some of these things.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    They'll probably do a countdown or date reveal a few days before the trailers release.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    They'll probably do a countdown or date reveal a few days before the trailers release.

Yeah, I believe the date for the Spectre teaser was revealed like a good week beforehand. Usually, studios officially announce 2/3 days out at most.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger regnifrednuhT
    Teaser/title coming in

0010 days
    009 days
    008 days
    007 days then BAM surprise suddenly it s online.
    That Looks like a Commercial for watches with the watches missing.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    boldfinger wrote: »

This. :D

I must say that it's an interesting collection of faces.

Somehow I can't get into Lashana as an "attractive" woman--not my type. But then, neither were Teri Hatcher, Kristina Wayborn, Olga Kurylenko, ..., so it's probably just me. :-) That said, I'm confident she'll blow me away in the acting department so maybe I will end up thinking of her as a beautiful woman, the same way I wouldn't throw Wayborn of Kurylenko out of a "fun night" fantasy. "Beautiful" is about more than looks after all. (Hatcher, you guessed it, remains a no-no for me.)
    boldfinger wrote: »

This. :D

I must say that it's an interesting collection of faces.

Somehow I can't get into Lashana as an "attractive" woman--not my type. But then, neither were Teri Hatcher, Kristina Wayborn, Olga Kurylenko, ..., so it's probably just me. :-) That said, I'm confident she'll blow me away in the acting department so maybe I will end up thinking of her as a beautiful woman, the same way I wouldn't throw Wayborn of Kurylenko out of a "fun night" fantasy. "Beautiful" is about more than looks after all. (Hatcher, you guessed it, remains a no-no for me.)

And on top of that, she's apparantly not very... nice...
    I keep calling her Teri Hatchet for some reason...

Anyway, I love Léa's picture. I'm rather jealous of Craig. French Bond girls have always "inspired" me. ;-) And Craig, that old devil, got three of them (four if you count Léa twice). And let's face it: Eva, Bérénice and Léa... Talk about hitting the jackpot!
    Somehow I can't get into Lashana as an "attractive" woman--not my type. But then, neither were Teri Hatcher, Kristina Wayborn, Olga Kurylenko, ..., so it's probably just me. :-)

giphy.gif
    @Torgeirtrap

I'm sorry, Olga is just ... too skinny for me. There, I said it. Look at her arms in QOS. She looks undernourished as if she's got the spectre of death all over her. Knowing furthermore that cameras always make one look a little "bigger", I cringe at the thought of how much she must really have weighed at the time of shooting. But, as you can also read in my post, I got more infatuated with her once I had seen the film. ;-)
    @Torgeirtrap

I'm sorry, Olga is just ... too skinny for me. There, I said it. Look at her arms in QOS. She looks undernourished as if she's got the spectre of death all over her. Knowing furthermore that cameras always make one look a little "bigger", I cringe at the thought of how much she must really have weighed at the time of shooting. But, as you can also read in my post, I got more infatuated with her once I had seen the film. ;-)

Nothing wrong with her QoS figure in my opinion! I thought she looked perfectly fine (and healthy) myself:

1382806801000.jpg

She looks even better now though! :x

maxresdefault.jpg
    Yes, Olga has become more attractive as she has aged.