No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,869
    I think I might just ignore this new stuff. There's too many possibilities to try and make sense of it. I'll join the conversation again when we've got something newer :)
    It’s obvious that the main reason everyone here is in love with the PTS written by @Univex is that
    people here are terrified of a “Bond has a child” scenario. I am really hoping that this child is either Bond’s daughter or the very least his companion in the movie. You will refuse to believe it until the very end but everything points towards one direction: that Bond 25 will be a radically different Bond film. Buckle up, folks!

oh you never fail to amuse me
    I think the idea of an African Warlord Blofeld is better than than the one we got in SPECTRE

I think in terms of badness, it's down there with making Dracula Judas in Dracula 2000. With all its flaws I prefer and by far the Blofeld we had in SP.
    We had an African warlord of sorts in CR anyway.
    I'm going to ignore these rumours for now,its making me concerned.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    It’s obvious that the main reason everyone here is in love with the PTS written by @Univex is that
    people here are terrified of a “Bond has a child” scenario. I am really hoping that this child is either Bond’s daughter or the very least his companion in the movie. You will refuse to believe it until the very end but everything points towards one direction: that Bond 25 will be a radically different Bond film. Buckle up, folks!

And your posts always point towards one direction @PanchitoPistoles. It's so obvious that you also think it's a bad idea, but you just want this film to be bad so that you can be all high and mighty, and say "DANNY BOYLE WAS A BETTER CHOICE. GOODBYE BABS!" from the rooftops.

A real shame really, considering you're meant to be a fan of the series and you'd rather everyone hated the new film so that you can be "right". Stop putting personal glory before your faith in a franchise you obviously care about, otherwise you wouldn't be here.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Are you thinking what I’m thinking....
    logan-laura-trailer-final.jpg

I actually love this idea. This franchise has done everything. It make sense to do something inventive and new. Something in this direction promises to reveal more about the Bond character. It’ll show new facets to him previously unexplored.

Purists will naturally rebel against it. But I’m very interested.
    I don't think thats happening. Interesting concept, but Logan was based off of source material. James Bond has never or will ever deal with children.
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    But this Bond 25 rumour might be the first time we get a full on dramatic flashback.
    Why is everyone assuming it’s a flashback? It’s far more likely that a child will be part of the present day story.

Mod Edit: Please use spoiler tags
    And I can't give this any merit, seeing as this is just because you want Eon to be wrong, and Boyle to be right.

Also I must add my opinion...
    This sounds crap. It's very rare that flashbacks work for me, unless they are told right at the beginning, but are we really going to give the pre-title sequence to a child? I'm just hoping there's been some translation confusion and by "child" they mean "girl" and it's just an action scene with Madeleine Swann or another Bond girl.

Re. the translation confusion:
    The Nettavisen article (referring to the original Romerikes Blad article) quotes one of the scenes as «jente løper på snø og islagt vann» – which translates as "Girl runs on (through) snow and ice covered water."

However, the scene is described below with a second quote (in English): «A child shoots an intruder. She is chased by a 2nd intruder and runs onto a frozen lake.»

My guess is (as they are quoting in English) that the description is from the script or synopsis, and that it is indeed a child which is chased.

Too bad the original article is behind a paywall. Don't know if there's more information in that one.
  • Getafix wrote: »
    What's the betting on Malik playing Blofeld's son out for revenge?

A son of Blofeld would be an option.

In the novel "For Special Service" of 1982, written by John Gardner, Nena Bismaquer is introduced as the daughter of Ernst Stavro Blofeld.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 832
    Yea I absolutely hate the idea. Chills ran up my spine when I read it. If true it would far surpass my expectations of the worst eon could possibly do for a bond film. Like this is an unimaginably bad idea, up there with brother gate and bond surfing in dad. There is zero chance that this could be anything but terrible. Have zero interest in any exploration of any plot point from spectre. Basically the only watchable parts of spectre are the pts, Q scene, Lucia scenes, spectre meeting, mr white scene, Austria action scene, and the train fight. Also, if waltz is in the film I will expect it to be bad. Basically anything, African warlord, woman, etc would be better than the performance we got. I prefer Charles gray’s blofeld over waltz’s (which is saying a lot). At least Grey’s had some personality. Also, to respond to @Denbigh, I’m a fan of the bond series, I’m not a fan of spectre. I’ll be going into bond 25 with the mindset that spectre was bad, and that this film should distance itself from it. As much as I love craig’s bond and am not ready to move on, if Craig necessarily comes with continuing the plot of spectre (don’t understand why), and I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I would prefer a new actor. I say this despite how disappointed I would be if spectre ended the Craig era.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

I actually love this idea. This franchise has done everything. It make sense to do something inventive and new. Something in this direction promises to reveal more about the Bond character. It’ll show new facets to him previously unexplored.

I don't think thats happening. Interesting concept, but Logan was based off of source material. James Bond has never or will ever deal with children.
    But this Bond 25 rumour might be the first time we get a full on dramatic flashback.
    Why is everyone assuming it’s a flashback? It’s far more likely that a child will be part of the present day story.

And I can't give this any merit, seeing as this is just because you want Eon to be wrong, and Boyle to be right.

This sounds crap. It's very rare that flashbacks work for me, unless they are told right at the beginning, but are we really going to give the pre-title sequence to a child? I'm just hoping there's been some translation confusion and by "child" they mean "girl" and it's just an action scene with Madeleine Swann or another Bond girl.

The Nettavisen article (referring to the original Romerikes Blad article) quotes one of the scenes as «jente løper på snø og islagt vann» – which translates as "Girl runs on (through) snow and ice covered water."

However, the scene is described below with a second quote (in English): «A child shoots an intruder. She is chased by a 2nd intruder and runs onto a frozen lake.»

My guess is (as they are quoting in English) that the description is from the script or synopsis, and that it is indeed a child which is chased.

Too bad the original article is behind a paywall. Don't know if there's more information in that one.
    Just a thought haha :D

I think it's purely based on desire for this to not be true... which it almost definitely is, I'm guessing.

And your posts always point towards one direction @PanchitoPistoles. It's so obvious that you also think it's a bad idea, but you just want this film to be bad so that you can be all high and mighty, and say "DANNY BOYLE WAS A BETTER CHOICE. GOODBYE BABS!" from the rooftops.

A real shame really, considering you're meant to be a fan of the series and you'd rather everyone hated the new film so that you can be "right". Stop putting personal glory before your faith in a franchise you obviously care about, otherwise you wouldn't be here.
    Calm down. I honestly 100% believe that this idea could be executed brilliantly.
    I also happen to prefer a radically different Bond film involving a child to a run off the mill Bond on a mission Bond film.

I think it's purely based on desire for this to not be true... which it almost definitely is, I'm guessing.

We'll probably get to know more details the coming days and weeks (will be keeping an eye on every Norwegian article that pops up).

I don't care much for this either…
    …as the location seems very uninspiring (you'll find locations like this anywhere where there's a lake forrest and snow) – and secondly because I don't feel like children belong in Bond – at all. I'm really not interested in watching that.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited February 2019 Posts: 3,126
    I think the idea of an African Warlord Blofeld is better than than the one we got in SPECTRE

really if they just went with an unknown figure and just reveled to be blofeld no brother stuff nothing would have been fine they made it too obvious a no surprise when we already knew who it was would have been better then to come out with a story to make it a surprise better if spectre had no surprises because they made it obvious enough
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Langvann is the name of the lake.
    so does this mean shooting hasnt changed or is this a grain of salt
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    so does this mean shooting hasnt changed or is this a grain of salt
    It has changed. Filming will not start in just 6 days.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

…as the location seems very uninspiring (you'll find locations like this anywhere where there's a lake forrest and snow) – and secondly because I don't feel like children belong in Bond – at all. I'm really not interested in watching that.
    Yeah, I totally agree...
    ... and if it is a Madeleine Swann "flashback" to give us more of a backstory to why she would leave, is there really much point? Why give a whole sequence to a character whose not even going to make it past the first 15 minutes of the film? Then again, I also don't like the idea of Bond having a child with him like Logan, so I'm kind of stuck between two ideas I don't like here. It'll just be another film I'll have to personally retcon, unless it ends up being the best Bond film I've ever seen.
    you would think they were done with vesper when bond puts away the interrogation tape in spectre

Yeah, I totally agree...
    ... and nd if it is a Madeleine Swann "flashback" to give us more of a backstory to why she would leave, is there really much point? Why give a whole sequence to a character whose not even going to make it past first 15 minutes of the film? Then again, I also don't like the idea of Bond having a child with him like Logan, so I'm kind of stuck between two ideas I don't like here. It'll just be another film I'll have to personally retcon, unless it ends up being the best Bond film I've ever seen.
    Definitely agree on all points. We don't know how this ties into the plot yet, but any of these scenarios are scenarios I really, really don't want to see. If they go down the Logan route, I wonder if I'll bother watching the film in the theatre at all…

Yeah, I totally agree...
    ... and nd if it is a Madeleine Swann "flashback" to give us more of a backstory to why she would leave, is there really much point? Why give a whole sequence to a character whose not even going to make it past the first 15 minutes of the film? Then again, I also don't like the idea of Bond having a child with him like Logan, so I'm kind of stuck between two ideas I don't like here. It'll just be another film I'll have to personally retcon, unless it ends up being the best Bond film I've ever seen.
    Madeleine will be very much alive at the end of Bond 25.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    By the way, if people wanna see more concept art from Spectre, or even some behind the scenes pictures, there are loads just below. It's where I found the dinner/poker concept art from the earlier draft...

https://imgur.com/a/2fupc/layout/grid
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    By the way, if people wanna see more concept art from Spectre, or even some behind the scenes pictures, there are loads just below. It's where I found the dinner/poker concept art from the earlier draft...

Is the link faulty? It’s saying technical difficulties.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 832
    Ive already “retconned” qos and sp (making it 4 films total). Am I going to have to retcon bond 25 as well?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »

Not for me, try going through this website. The link for the gallery is right at the bottom...

http://www.commander007.net/2017/03/spectre-plein-de-concept-art/
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited February 2019 Posts: 2,541
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »

Not for me, try going through this website. The link for the gallery is right at the bottom...

http://www.commander007.net/2017/03/spectre-plein-de-concept-art/

Lovely, thank you for sharing this
  • J_Bryce777J_Bryce777 San Francisco
    edited February 2019 Posts: 78
    Could this be a flashback when Madeleine shoots the intruder? If true that is.
    I feel like it’s got to be the scene Madeleine fends off the intruder that she talks about in SP.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I feel like it’s got to be the scene Madeleine fends off the intruder that she talks about in SP.

but why why would we need to see this
    Risico007 wrote: »
    FoxRox wrote: »

but why why would we need to see this
    I don’t know. Why would we need to see Madeleine again at all? Let’s wait for the entire plot. I’m just guessing anyway.
    https://whatculture.com/film/what-shatterhand-title-means-for-next-james-bond-movie

and more people touting this I was told by someone who I think is correct that this is not the title and no one but the producers (Wilson Babs Craig and family) and the director know what title they will use.