No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    QQ7 wrote: »
    Johnny Greenwood would be perfect imo. He is British and his work for Paul Thomas Anderson is sublime.
    Agreed. He'd be an interesting choice, as would Reznor/Ross. I can't see EON being so bold after Serra though.
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    This song would undoubtedly be the highlight of Spectre for me, still partially happy that something so good didn't end up in such a lackluster film.

Anyway, Greenwood is not a complete wild guess since he already worked for Bond film before.

• bondjames wrote: »
    QQ7 wrote: »
    Johnny Greenwood would be perfect imo. He is British and his work for Paul Thomas Anderson is sublime.
    Agreed. He'd be an interesting choice, as would Reznor/Ross. I can't see EON being so bold after Serra though.

Brilliant choice...but far to experimental and avant-garde for EON's tastes.You essentially need someone to do a big sweeping 'Bond score' whilst adding flourishes of individuality.

I'd adore it if they were bold enough to go to someone like Greenwood. But creatively, he is too much of a risk. Eon like to ply it safe on the music scene.

Also...Production Weekly have listed a new Bond update in their latest issue:
    https://www.productionweekly.com/

They are still going by the working title 'Shatterhand'. I'm surprised none of our 'industry' members don't have a subscription.
    Two months have passed since the last major update by the great Baz Bamigboye. Today is Thursday. I have a feeling he will reveal something new today.

I'm convinced Baz will confirm Waltz's return tonight.

tenor.gif?itemid=5641362
    The day it's confirmed Waltz is back will be the day I will tender my resigation and ask the mods to delete my account.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    The day it's confirmed Waltz is back will be the day I will tender my resigation and ask the mods to delete my account.

So, today then?
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator

We will add it to the list you have given us for deleting your account.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans

Ah, sometimes the jokes write themselves...
    Waltz wasn't the problem it was the script that let him down
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    NicNac wrote: »

What happens if Waltz comes back AND the film is called ‘Shatterhand’

Very odd reason to leave an Internet forum. Most peculiar.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited February 2019 Posts: 4,343
    25 days until filming begins at Pinewood Studios.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 6,677
    tumblr_mrkjl5Uv9O1sfw8yfo1_250.gif
    Benny wrote: »

If the film is called Shatterhand or Waltz returns I will lose all interest in Bond 25, so I will have no reason anymore to have an account here until the first rumours of Bond 26 appear. Which will be years from now. Then I will simply create a new account.

If the film is called Shatterhand or Waltz returns I will lose all interest in Bond 25, so I will have no reason anymore to have an account here until the first rumours of Bond 26 appear. Which will be years from now. Then I will simply create a new account.
    fruity-waving.gif
  • I'm convinced Baz will confirm Waltz's return tonight.

Waltz was fine in SPECTRE. After Silva’s over-the-top scenery chewing, a low-key villain was in order.

Too bad (for us) you didn’t give up on Bond after J.W. Pepper’s cringe-inducing, totally unwarranted return in TMWTGG... But somehow I think you probably liked that.
  • RC7RC7

giphy.gif
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Maximum 3 weeks until the press conference!

Unless there's a delay.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

Please. Remember years ago when you lost that bet to me you said you'd no longer post here on this site and yet here you are.
    The pain of all our authors.
    Ok I can confirm Waltz is returning... your move panchito
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Is this true or just to get at panchito?
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Is this true or just to get at panchito?

Sigh you caught me I don’t know but I am curious to see what happens
    You can’t just Waltz in making claims like that, my good man.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    MooreFun wrote: »
    You can’t just Waltz in making claims like that, my good man.

Wishaw'll see about that.
    Take this with a grain of salt , but on another film site, someone claiming to have inside information said that Waltz will appear, but only briefly as Blofeld escapes; this will be followed by extensive cosmetic surgery and the role will be played by a mystery, big name, actor, not unlike the Collin Farrell / Johnny Depp switch in Fantastic Beast.
    talos7 wrote: »
    Take this with a grain of salt , but on another film site, someone claiming to have inside information said that Waltz will appear, but only briefly as Blofeld escapes; this will be followed by extensive cosmetic surgery and the role will be played by a mystery, big name, actor, not unlike the Collin Farrell / Johnny Depp switch in Fantastic Beast.

Rami malek perhaps
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    talos7 wrote: »

I hope that rumour doesn't come true. Not against Waltz return. I think the script and his apparent falling out with Mendes are the main factor/s that his performance is so disliked by some. He's a very talented actor, I'd be happy to see him return.

If they were to go down the plastic surgery route, it's almost as bad as DNA replacement therapy. Do we want another DAD?
    It just opens a big can of worms to blatantly recast a role within a film. I'd rather they just recast the part instead of a plastic story storyline. In saying that, if they did use that as part of the story, then Shatterhand would seem to be a very possible or probable story in which to do this. Maybe it could work.
  • talos7 wrote: »

We need links.
    The way to go is bring back Waltz with a lot of screen time, write him some supreme stuff, and direct him properly. That way Waltz and Eon can make good on one another, SPECTRE will be redeemed, and we still get rid of @Panchito.

boldfinger wrote: »
    The way to go is bring back Waltz with a lot of screen time, write him some supreme stuff, and direct him properly. That way Waltz and Eon can make good on one another, SPECTRE will be redeemed, and we still get rid of @Panchito.

Win, Win...