No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    So am I. He cleared the air on Colbert that night during last summer. But of course no reporting agency will ever quote him saying anything positive.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Well, I like this gif. You probably are all familiar with it already.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    So Spain is just filming the commercial, correct? That's my understanding.

Yes, the Heineken.
    When IS Super Bowl ? Google says Feb, so ? I mean in regards of the Heineken ad.
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    edited May 2018 Posts: 732
    In regards of how much or if advertising works at all ... to me, Heineken became a Bond brand. I don't drink on a regular basis, but the brand's image for sure benefited in my reception. So ... I confess it works (on me).
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited May 2018 Posts: 5,185
    SeanCraig wrote: »
    In regards of how much or if advertising works at all ... to me, Heineken became a Bond brand. I don't drink on a regular basis, but the brand's image for sure benefited in my reception. So ... I confess it works (on me).

Me Too, its funny how that works sometimes.
    I went to amsterdam 2 years ago and I decided to go to the Heineken brewery/museeum (because of Bond) and I have gotten a big appreciation for the Brand. They are still owned by same family, in the 3-4th Generation, over a century in the business. No wonder EoN got along with them so well lol.
    Also they played Craigs commercials on repeat, which helped a lot.
    I love his Heineken commercials, can't wait to see this one.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    ICmPKprl.jpg
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Germanlady wrote: »
    When IS Super Bowl ? Google says Feb, so ? I mean in regards of the Heineken ad.

Not the SuperBowl, but the World Cup. Heineken puts a lot of money into football, and they'll want a major advertising campaign for this summer.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Wouldn't it be a bit premature for them to start marketing Bond 25 over a year before its release? I mean, they haven't done this sort of thing before. Every bit of their commercials came in the year they were going to release a film.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Craig is holding up well, still looks just about convincing in the role. All the pieces are in place for a great finale, and then once those celebrations are over we can start and think about what comes after. I'm still keeping my expectations in check, but most optimistic I have felt about his one in a long time. EON finally getting their ducks in a row.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Perhaps they want to start marketing earlier than usual since it’s going to be Craig’s final Bond?
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    edited May 2018 Posts: 2,138
    Would not be shocked if Danny calls his old pal from 28 Days Later and Sunshine Cillian Murphy to be the villain. Think he would be great opposite Craig.

According to IMDB he has nothing on, last movie is in post production and other project has been abandoned. Could be quite clever should it be a reoccurring character should Nolan then take over, with Murphy's past links to both Directors.
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 1,165
    http://www.whosdatedwho.com/dating/timothy-dalton-and-whoopi-goldberg

Whoopi was a Bond girl of sorts back in the day.
    TR007 wrote: »
    http://www.whosdatedwho.com/dating/timothy-dalton-and-whoopi-goldberg

Whoopi was a Bond girl of sorts back in the day.

oh yeah I forgot about that. I think Tim and Babs were an item for a while as well.
    Would not be shocked if Danny calls his old pal from 28 Days Later and Sunshine Cillian Murphy to be the villain. Think he would be great opposite Craig.

According to IMDB he has nothing on, last movie is in post production and other project has been abandoned. Could be quite clever should it be a reoccurring character should Nolan then take over, with Murphy's past links to both Directors.

Cillian Murphy makes a great villain. Would be happy to see him in Bond
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited May 2018 Posts: 23,883
    Wouldn't it be a bit premature for them to start marketing Bond 25 over a year before its release? I mean, they haven't done this sort of thing before. Every bit of their commercials came in the year they were going to release a film.
    I remember they used to run the Brosnan Omega print ads when there was no Bond film in the works, so there is precedent.

Given Bond has been off the radar for so long, and because the market has changed so drastically in the intervening period, it perhaps makes sense to remind people of the character and get them ready for what is coming next year. The World Cup is a global sport and Bond is a global brand, so it's as good a chance as any to get visibility.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I think this will air when the film is in post, as always.
    Am I the only one who looks at that castle location and longs for a Shatterhand Bond 25?
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    Question is it common for them to film the commercial tie ins for the next bond film before they start production?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited May 2018 Posts: 13,894
    00Agent wrote: »

There's plenty of time to make strawberry jam.

giphy.gif
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    bondjames wrote: »
    I remember they used to run the Brosnan Omega print ads when there was no Bond film in the works, so there is precedent.

Given Bond has been off the radar for so long, and because the market has changed so drastically in the intervening period, it perhaps makes sense to remind people of the character and get them ready for what is coming next year. The World Cup is a global sport and Bond is a global brand, so it's as good a chance as any to get visibility.
    It’d be delightful to have Bond being marketed during the World Cup event.
    The World Cup is where you can reach the big, global audiences. The Super Bowl is targeted for an American audience, after all.
    Has this been posted? An article on how Universal snatched up the OS rights. Also confirms that the deal is for one film only, and Annapurna aren't contributing to the production budget (as to whether Universal is, likely but not known ATM) https://www.screendaily.com/news/why-universal-was-the-clear-choice-as-international-partner-on-bond-25/5129720.article
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited May 2018 Posts: 23,883
    antovolk wrote: »
    Has this been posted? An article on how Universal snatched up the OS rights. Also confirms that the deal is for one film only, and Annapurna aren't contributing to the production budget (as to whether Universal is, likely but not known ATM) https://www.screendaily.com/news/why-universal-was-the-clear-choice-as-international-partner-on-bond-25/5129720.article
    Very interesting. Thanks for posting this. $1bn international gross eh? Well, if that's the goal they have a suitable partner in Universal for sure. They know how to do it. Ironically, Donna Langley, current chief, is an orphan herself and was the one who picked the Austin Powers script out of obscurity while at New Line. She has an eye for success.

If this is what they want going forward, it will inform us as to the next Bond actor too. He will have to play well internationally.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    antovolk wrote: »

“Barbara Broccoli wants a one billion dollar international gross”

Depressing comment. Maybe just think about making a good film first and foremost and let the grosses take care of themselves?
    Germanlady wrote: »

First Sunday in February.
    The World Cup is where you can reach the big, global audiences. The Super Bowl is targeted for an American audience, after all.

Could be both, but I agree about the World Cup being for a global audience. The spot could air first during the World Cup and still air early next year during the Super Bowl for American marketing.
    Danny Boyle: ‘James Bond – not normally my cup of tea’
    https://www.lipa.ac.uk/pages/news.aspx?artid=213

Oscar winner Danny Boyle has admitted he had doubts about accepting an offer to direct the new James Bond film. During a masterclass at the Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts (LIPA) he told students, “it’s not normally my cup of tea”.

Producers only officially confirmed his appointment last week, with the film due to go into production later this year. Danny says, at first, he wasn’t sure he was the right person for the job. “I like watching big films but I don’t think I’m necessarily good at making them. Then I thought ‘no, you shouldn’t think like that’.”

Working with long-time collaborator, writer John Hodge, Danny explained why he accepted. “We have this idea about what we want to do with Bond and I felt we should have a go because of this idea. So we are trying to stay true to our principles.”
    We have this idea about what we want to do with Bond and I felt we should have a go
    Danny Boyle

He also explained how his decision to take on the Bond movie was part of his desire to tackle the unknown, something that goes back to the start of his career. “We’d had success with Shallow Grave and I felt we had a choice. They – the business – wanted us to do something very similar but with a bigger star because we’d proved we were good at that, or we could do something different.

“We decided to do Trainspotting, which everyone thought was insane. I think they only gave us the money for it because they hoped we would learn our lesson and have a big failure and go back to making films like Shallow Grave. “

That experience shaped his career. “The unknown is exciting. The fear is very important. If you repeat yourself you don’t ask yourself enough questions, you don’t feel the fear about what you’re doing because you feel you know what you’re doing.”

Danny, who was in Liverpool to film scenes for a new Richard Curtis movie, described his style of directing as being based on encouragement. “It’s a bit like being a parish priest; it’s about trying to keep the community you’re working with happy.

“I believe the more harmony you can create the better your film will be. I try to learn the personality of the people I work with rather than just accept them as tools that will make the mechanism work.”

During the 75-minute Q&A Danny also discussed the importance of allowing your peers to judge your work, “It can be brutal, but it’s a vital part of the creative process”, and what he looked for in an actor, “truthfulness, are they believable? When you believe, you start to live it with them, you start to feel it. It takes it to an incredibly powerful place.”
    The PRA have said that it is intended that the obligations to supply information in a regulatory reference should apply notwithstanding any agreement or arrangements entered into by a firm on termination: firms are expected to refrain from entering into arrangements which could conflict with their obligations to provide regulatory references.

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'

Could be both, but I agree about the World Cup being for a global audience. The spot could air first during the World Cup and still air early next year during the Super Bowl for American marketing.
    If they’re only just filming it now aren’t they cutting a bit fine for the World Cup? I suppose if they aim to debut it for the knockout stages perhaps but to get the post and editing done for two weeks today seems a bit rushed doesn’t it?