No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Don't worry, they're not planning to do this anytime soon.
    So when will we know the actual title
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Why are we obsessing over these things in the production thread for B25?
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Risico007 wrote: »
    So when will we know the actual title

Hopefully next week.
    zebrafish wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »

This is a good start.

What I quickly picked up on was the cloud of blowing snow--likely manmade. I wonder if the unit is trying to replicate blizzard-like conditions. I also wonder if, finally, we will see Bond on skiis again.

Craig on cross-country skis could actually work. On downhill skis, he is not believable.

I have more difficulty seeing hm on cross-country skis for some reason - especially if he's using skate skis.
    Rami Malek spotted on set...

D2hP3FFWoAEcpKk.jpg
    ...of Mr Robot
    Can't access the article, but the headline suggest they've shot scenes today.
    https://www.rb.no/kultur/nittedal/james-bond/kilde-bekrefter-de-har-tatt-opp-noen-scener-i-dag/s/5-43-1022969
    they have Bond 25 is filming people

D2hP3FFWoAEcpKk.jpg
    ...of Mr Robot

Speaking about him, Bohemian Rhapsody just passed Spectre worldwide gross.

Absurd.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Why were the release date and the start of filming delayed (I am referring to the more recent delay) when under similar circumstances (last minute script issues) there was no delay when they were making Spectre? Were they delayed because they want to make a quality movie even more so than usual to ensure Craig leaves on a high note?

Theory: No, Craig doesn’t wield that much power. It’s Michael and Barbara who want to go out with a bang!
  • Blofeld0064Blofeld0064 Milford, Michigan
    https://www.rb.no/kultur/nittedal/james-bond/kilde-bekrefter-de-har-tatt-opp-noen-scener-i-dag/s/5-43-1022969

It's really annoying that you have to subscribe to their magazine just to access a bloody article, But I'm thrilled that scenes have already been shot!!
    matt_u wrote: »

D2hP3FFWoAEcpKk.jpg
    ...of Mr Robot

Absurd.

its a better film to be honest and better music
    edited March 2019 Posts: 4,343
    Why were the release date and the start of filming delayed (I am referring to the more recent delay) when under similar circumstances (last minute script issues) there was no delay when they were making Spectre?

Because Fukunaga just came onboard. With Mendes they already spent more than a year prepping the movie. With Fukunaga just a few months.

So the circumstances are not quite similar.
    Risico007 wrote: »

D2hP3FFWoAEcpKk.jpg
    ...of Mr Robot

Absurd.

its a better film to be honest and better music

I enjoyed it but that's not the point. BoRhap is not a blockbuster. A musical biopic making those numbers is just insane.
    Why were the release date and the start of filming delayed (I am referring to the more recent delay) when under similar circumstances (last minute script issues) there was no delay when they were making Spectre?

Because Fukunaga just came onboard. With Mendes they already spent more than a year prepping the movie. With Fukunaga just a few months.

That’s why the start of filming was delayed from December to the 4th of March. But what is the explanation for the second delay? I believe it’s that EON knew the script needed more work AND they care more now than usual because they want to go out with a bang.
    So Bond 25 has finally made the jump from preproduction to production. Exciting times! Let’s all hope the production isn’t as rocky as the preproduction!
    FoxRox wrote: »
    So Bond 25 has finally made the jump from preproduction to production. Exciting times! Let’s all hope the production isn’t as rocky as the preproduction!

Let's hope Craig won't suffer any injury this time.

Absolutely. Injury is the last thing I ever want to see in any production. He is older now and likes to do many of his own stunts so that part worries me a little.

It's really annoying that you have to subscribe to their magazine just to access a bloody article, But I'm thrilled that scenes have already been shot!!

Quite common over here unfortunately, especially for smaller, local newspapers.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    It was an unsubstantiated rumour from a while ago that holds little merit at the moment, thankfully - except to those who enjoy shouting into the vacuum.
    Sorry, I cannot let this go as there is hardly anything I dislike more than false information. MI6-HQ has confirmed that it was not unsubstantiated rumour. And we have no reason to distrust the people who run this site.

:))

Okay there Alex Jones, feel free to actually back something up with some proof of concept one day, yeah?

Absolutely daft.
    eWU7uWm.jpg
    Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/jamesbondlive/status/889764296346836992

Looking forward to your apology, @CraigMooreOHMSS !

Very cute. A Twitter response to a desperate article? From two years ago no less? When the distributor stuff was all up in the air? That's not a "source" nor any confirmation of anything - it's still an unverified rumour, as I might have mentioned in my original post that you in your intelligent glory claimed was "false information".

"We'd love to say there's nothing to this, but we can't" is about as much a confirmation as "I don't know anything about this, so I can't say anything." So officially, you're still coming up with nada on that front, I'm afraid. When you've got more than one sketchy source, hit me up and I might consider that apology. If there were some mileage to it, we'd have seen it in a lot more places than this.

But, I suppose this is in keeping with your much loved persona on here, so don't fret too much, kid. ;)

Lord above. I do hope you're not a journalist.

Yes, this is great news if true. We're on the road to something special, I hope.

Hopefully. He looks very well but they do need to be sensible with what he can and can't feasibly do. I am hoping for a harder hitting film, something lean and mean.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Why were the release date and the start of filming delayed (I am referring to the more recent delay) when under similar circumstances (last minute script issues) there was no delay when they were making Spectre? Were they delayed because they want to make a quality movie even more so than usual to ensure Craig leaves on a high note?

Theory: No, Craig doesn’t wield that much power. It’s Michael and Barbara who want to go out with a bang!

Occam's razor: two filmmakers want to make a bloody good movie.

Occam's razor: two filmmakers want to make a bloody good movie.

Just imagine such lunacy from a family business, @DarthDimi!
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 4,619
    @CraigMooreOHMSS Careful, you will hurt your back with all that goalpost moving!

@DarthDimi Well it seems when they were making Spectre they weren’t as enthusiastic about making a good movie as they are now.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited March 2019 Posts: 2,541

That’s why the start of filming was delayed from December to the 4th of March. But what is the explanation for the second delay? I believe it’s that EON knew the script needed more work AND they care more now than usual because they want to go out with a bang.

Second delay happened because of Universal not EON,other films also postponed not just bond.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 8,034
    @CraigMooreOHMSS Careful, you will hurt your back with all that goalpost moving!

We can add sport to the list of things you're not an expert on, it seems. ;)

Second delay happened because of Universal not EON,other films also postponed not just bond.

Shhhhh, that sort of reality influenced talk isn't allowed here.
    Any words on the technical specs? Cameras used and so forth....
    edited March 2019 Posts: 8,034
    Zekidk wrote: »

We can safely assume it'll be shot on film, most likely 35mm. Sandgren used an Aaton Penelope on FIRST MAN, utilising 16mm, 35mm and combining it with footage shot in IMAX, so I'd imagine it'll be in the mix here too.

But no, I can't say for certain what we're looking at.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

We can safely assume it'll be shot on film, most likely 35mm. Sandgren used an Aaton Penelope on FIRST MAN, utilising 16mm, 35mm and combining it with footage shot in IMAX, so I'd imagine it'll be in the mix here too.

Sandgren confirmed a while back that it would be shot on digital.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited March 2019 Posts: 2,541

We can add sport to the list of things you're not an expert on, it seems. ;)

Ahhhh I get your point... But he never learns
    jake24 wrote: »

Sandgren confirmed a while back that it would be shot on digital.
    Sorry everyone, I couldn’t resist. :bz