No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Gareth007 wrote: »
    Obviously someone official is reading our posts and tweets or otherwise this stunt guy wouldn’t have changed his insta post. ;)

But theres more than this forum on the world wide web. It could be an entirely different forum or connection that they are looking at.

Untitled.png

Please continue to post these title ideas in the appropriate thread.
    https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/4987/the-names-25-bond-25#latest
    Sure will. No problem. What about this EON stuff going on here too. I think that's for a different thread too.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Sure will. No problem. What about this EON stuff going on here too. I think that's for a different thread too.

It does, you're right. They've taken it to PMs thankfully.
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Where you get your sources about EON selling the movie rights or? @PanchitoPistoles

It was an unsubstantiated rumour from a while ago that holds little merit at the moment, thankfully - except to those who enjoy shouting into the vacuum.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.

Yeah
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    The Interview: actor Ben Whishaw on coming out, being a twin and life inside the 007 circus
    https://thetimes.co.uk/edition/the-sunday-times-magazine/the-interview-actor-ben-whishaw-on-coming-out-being-a-twin-and-life-inside-the-007-circus-r2mctqpd5

Perhaps his best known role is Q in the Bond films Skyfall (2012) and Spectre (2015). As soon as he’s finished his Marilyn, he will begin shooting the next one, though no one in a Bond movie can tell you in advance what it’s going to be like. “I think they’re probably trying to figure out what to do with the storyline,” he says. “At least I know that my character is the same. Someone did tell me there might be a scene with Q’s cats.”

Just realised there seems to be a little conflict with the dates here.

In those fan tweets posted some pages back, Ben said he starts on 5 April, but the above article says he will begin shooting after finishing his run in 'Norma Jeane Baker of Troy' which runs from April 6 – May 19, 2019 in New York.

Would he really squeeze in a press conference (provided it is 1st April, and all cast members are present) plus a day of filming before flying back to New York for the first preview performance of the play? Seems unlikely.

It does, you're right. They've taken it to PMs thankfully.
    Where you get your sources about EON selling the movie rights or? @PanchitoPistoles

It was an unsubstantiated rumour from a while ago that holds little merit at the moment, thankfully - except to those who enjoy shouting into the vacuum.

@CraigMooreOHMSS ok
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited March 2019 Posts: 10,588
    The Interview: actor Ben Whishaw on coming out, being a twin and life inside the 007 circus
    https://thetimes.co.uk/edition/the-sunday-times-magazine/the-interview-actor-ben-whishaw-on-coming-out-being-a-twin-and-life-inside-the-007-circus-r2mctqpd5

Perhaps his best known role is Q in the Bond films Skyfall (2012) and Spectre (2015). As soon as he’s finished his Marilyn, he will begin shooting the next one, though no one in a Bond movie can tell you in advance what it’s going to be like. “I think they’re probably trying to figure out what to do with the storyline,” he says. “At least I know that my character is the same. Someone did tell me there might be a scene with Q’s cats.”

In those fan tweets posted some pages back, Ben said he starts on 5 April, but the above article says he will begin shooting after finishing his run in 'Norma Jeane Baker of Troy' which runs from April 6 – May 19, 2019 in New York.

Would he really squeeze in a press conference (provided it is 1st April, and all cast members are present) plus a day of filming before flying back to New York for the first preview performance of the play? Seems unlikely.
    All this talk of a press conference next week seems mainly speculatory anyway. They would probably want to have all the cast signed on and ready, and that doesn't seem to be the case yet. They are filming in Norway because they want to get that sequence in the can before the lake thaws out, but it wouldn't be a stretch to imagine that Pinewood filming starts a bit later.

Also, I don't think Ben ever gave that April 5th date. That came from Ilario Citton.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator

In which case we will sort it. Hope you've enjoyed your first month here Gareth.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

And it is little things like this (scheduling conflicts, arranging locations, etc.) that can make this process so lengthy.
    jake24 wrote: »

All this talk of a press conference next week seems mainly speculatory anyway. They would probably want to have all the cast signed on and ready, and that doesn't seem to be the case yet. They are filming in Norway because they want to get that sequence in the can before the lake thaws out, but it wouldn't be a stretch to imagine that Pinewood filming starts a bit later.

Also, I don't think Ben ever gave that April 5th date. That came from Ilario Citton.

That's a key point, @jake24.

As much as we all want a press conference ASAP, if key roles in the film are still yet to be cast, I can't imagine they'd want to hold it yet. Heck, even I'd advise against it -- and I'm one of those fans waiting with absolute baited breath.

Having said that, the film has started production. I can't imagine casting for some of those key roles is far off. So even if they do a slightly delayed kickoff a couple weeks into shooting, that's as long as I think it would feasibly stretch.

• DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Yeah, I simply do not see how a Press Conference is possible right now. Unless, of course, they've made their final casting decisions, and we are just unaware of it.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Yeah, I simply do not see how a Press Conference is possible right now. Unless, of course, they've made their final casting decisions, and we are just unaware of it.

Equally possible.
    Sorry, I cannot let this go as there is hardly anything I dislike more than false information. MI6-HQ has confirmed that it was not unsubstantiated rumour. And we have no reason to distrust the people who run this site.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 3,126
    Sorry, I cannot let this go as there is hardly anything I dislike more than false information. MI6-HQ has confirmed that it was not unsubstantiated rumour. And we have no reason to distrust the people who run this site.

@PanchitoPistoles where exactly put in an article or link unless you have proof anyone could make the claim but unless you have evidence it's hard to believe it to be true
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 416
    NicNac wrote: »

In which case we will sort it. Hope you've enjoyed your first month here Gareth.

Thanks NicNac. It's sure been an interesting month to say the least. :)

I must say MI6 only post news that is very credible to be true. However, I have not seen any information leak to suggest that the press conference is on, or around april 1st. Without actual proof, how can we be sure. ?

:))

Okay there Alex Jones, feel free to actually back something up with some proof of concept one day, yeah?

Absolutely daft.

Anyway....

I must say MI6 only post news that is very credible to been true. However, I have not seen any information leak to suggest that the press conference is on, or around april 1st. Without actual proof, how can we be sure. ?

You got the hang of the quote button! Nice work. It's plain sailing from here, kid! :)

Okay there Alex Jones, feel free to actually back something up with some proof of concept one day, yeah?

Absolutely daft.

Anyway....

I must say MI6 only post news that is very credible to been true. However, I have not seen any information leak to suggest that the press conference is on, or around april 1st. Without actual proof, how can we be sure. ?

You got the hang of the quote button! Nice work. It's plain sailing from here, kid! :)

Thanks, I still feel a bit worried about it though. I thought I always pressed the quote button at the bottom of a post ? Let's hope I can get the hang of it. Cheers

ok cheers

Absolutely daft.

Anyway....

Thanks, I still feel a bit worried about it though. I thought I always pressed the quote button at the bottom of a post ? Let's hope I can get the hand of it. Cheers

You'll get there. If you've any issues, feel free to send me a PM :)

Absolutely daft.

Anyway....

Thanks, I still feel a bit worried about it though. I thought I always pressed the quote button at the bottom of a post ? Let's hope I can get the hang of it. Cheers

ok cheers. Shame you cannot delete a post if you made one by mistake.

Would be happy to translate, but the article is behind a paywall unfortunately. It might be referred to in other articles throughout the day though.

Got this part. haha Untitled.png

That's something at least!

Edit: opened the article link and quickly copied the lead-in before the paywall pop-up appeared. Nothing much of interest to get from it; it just mentions that a journalist put on skis, going into Nordmarka to see what they're up to. Security is hired to keep skiers and hikers from approaching the area.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    edited March 2019 Posts: 3,497
    Babs & Michael will have to go all in.

*Orders champagne*
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited March 2019 Posts: 2,541

Absolutely daft.

Anyway....

ok cheers

There is also a thread I believe to guide members how to use with a video showing everything. I seem to forget what was the name of that thread. If anyone can post the link Here.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

This is a good start.

What I quickly picked up on was the cloud of blowing snow--likely manmade. I wonder if the unit is trying to replicate blizzard-like conditions. I also wonder if, finally, we will see Bond on skiis again.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    The 007 theme the must be used in Bond 25. IMHO ;-)
    JamesCraig wrote: »

I'll settle for the Bond Theme. An not just a couple of cues.
    Zekidk wrote: »
    JamesCraig wrote: »

I'll settle for the Bond Theme. An not just a couple of cues.

Both would be nice.
    Very exciting to think that production may have started on Bond 25 today. This is always the most exciting part, when the reality begins to kick in that another James Bond adventure is upon us.

Sidenote: When is the new issue of Mi6 Confidential coming out? Mods?
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 4,619

Absolutely daft.
    eWU7uWm.jpg
    Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/jamesbondlive/status/889764296346836992

Looking forward to your apology, @CraigMooreOHMSS !
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 2,115

@PanchitoPistoles where exactly put in an article or link unless you have proof anyone could make the claim but unless you have evidence it's hard to believe it to be true

I'm not Panchito, but I think he's referring to this:

2017 story by Birth.Movies.Death
    https://birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/07/25/bond-talk-after-dark-emergency-bond-25-edition

Contains this passage at the end:
    "On the less official front, I have read thoughts from someone I believe to be close wth the production that the Broccolis are looking to do one more Bond then sell the franchise off, a la George Lucas/Star Wars/Disney. If that comes to pass, it will be interesting times indeed for Ian Fleming's gentleman spy."

MI6 site makes a comment in a tweet (not a story):

Tweet reads:
    "@bmoviesd would love to say there's nothing to this but we can't"

Now, if you wanted to say all of this is cryptic and sketchy, I wouldn't disagree.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    TripAces wrote: »

This is a good start.

What I quickly picked up on was the cloud of blowing snow--likely manmade. I wonder if the unit is trying to replicate blizzard-like conditions. I also wonder if, finally, we will see Bond on skiis again.

Craig on cross-country skis could actually work. On downhill skis, he is not believable.