No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• Blofeld0064Blofeld0064 Milford, Michigan
    Yeah @PanchitoPistoles since you're such an expert on script writing show us one of the scripts you wrote then since you seem to have more knowledge about how to write a script than eon and their writers!
  • RC7RC7
    RC7 wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    People need to realize that rewriting and last minute changings are always been part of this process.
    Oh, I see what you did there! You talk about rewriting and last minute changes, but avoid last minute rewriting. FYI, last minute rewriting has NOT always been part of the process. EON had more than THREE years to get the script ready. It’s deeply troubling that three years were not enough for them.

As long as the core idea is solid and everyone is on the same page, rewriting is largely irrelevant. It’s part of the process. To anyone who has any production experience you’re so hilariously naive, it’s almost endearing. Like a child who’s adamant he can’t be seen if he puts his hands over his eyes.
    Come on! It can’t be this difficult to understand the difference between rewriting and last minute rewriting!

See above.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 832
    Oh I can’t wait for panchito to be proven wrong about this film. And for this forum to become more civil and less defeatist again.
    People need to realize that rewriting and last minute changings are always been part of this process.
    Oh, I see what you did there! You talk about rewriting and last minute changes, but avoid last minute rewriting. FYI, last minute rewriting has NOT always been part of the process. EON had more than THREE years to get the script ready. It’s deeply troubling that three years were not enough for them.

As long as the core idea is solid and everyone is on the same page, rewriting is largely irrelevant. It’s part of the process. To anyone who has any production experience you’re so hilariously naive, it’s almost endearing. Like a child who’s adamant he can’t be seen if he puts his hands over his eyes.
    Come on! It can’t be this difficult to understand the difference between rewriting and last minute rewriting!

See above.
    You understand that not all scripts have to be rewritten in the last minute, right?
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 17,279
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Meanwhile in Norway. Another video: https://www.dagbladet.no/video/spionproduksjon-i-gang/U9ssw5zP

Sadly I don't understand a single word, but you can see lots of production cars and trucks :)

Just watched through the Dagbladet video. There's nothing much of interest being said by the journalist, but there was one thing though. She quotes a conversation with one of the security guards about 25 secs into the video: "Has the James Bond shooting started?", we ask when we pull into the small road. "Yes", smiles the security guard cheerfully.

This could be a misquotation, or the security guard misunderstanding her. It could also mean they've actually starting shooting some stuff.
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    I'm beginning to miss the days where I learned about the next Bond film when I saw the poster in the local cinema or a discreet article on a newspaper. Back in the day when we were spectators and not judges. As we are not meant to be on the know of every step given in the production (because we are not Universal or MGM) we assume there's yet another delay and become judges.

Pre-production is nothing more than knowing Bond will be back, the date when he'll be back, some of the cast and the crew. We don't need to know more than that, but we are so desperate to be everywhere and everytime thanks to the immediacy of Internet that we run wild whenever there's silence on @007. Therefore, we cry about tabloid assumptions.
  • RC7RC7
    edited March 2019 Posts: 10,512

See above.
    You understand that not all scripts have to be rewritten in the last minute, right?

Not all films lose their director at the 11th hour. Those that do need some inevitable re-tooling.

You just need to take a step back and cool off.
    I dont think there going to be filming Monday . We would of heard more about it.

Script revisions continue through out most productions, and that is part of the filmmaking process. You, sir, seem to have no idea what you are going on about.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

See above.

None need to be, technically. However, in the real world most are. And even later than that, too.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 4,619

See above.

Not all films lose their director at the 11th hour. Those that do need some inevitable re-tooling.

Not all producers are stupid enough to fire an A-list director at the 11th hour. Also, EON had the same script issues when they were making Spectre. No director left the production of that film.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 416
    Minion wrote: »
    Gareth007 wrote: »
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    Gareth007 wrote: »
    Not bothered personally what you post on here, but it's the fact no moderators flagged it up when they did for others who put the world eclipse not in spoiler tags.

Filming on monday is a load of rubbish. We would certainly have had an announcement to a countdown by now

Such a smart and an educated statement. Seriously? Films very often begin shooting scripted footage ( camera tests have been going on for about 2 weeks, on and off now) before official PP. Don't you understand anything about film production?

Not really. I know the meaning and how the go about it pre production, etc. but I dont follow up every single piece of detail. But they only film when they announce the title. Sorry to be bringing bad news, but we will not have an announcement next month or next week. Script not finished, and wouldnt be suprised if they dont even know what to call it. BOND 25 production has been a joke from start to finish.

It will be delayed again i bet.
    You’re a towel.

A Towel ? What ? How dare you. Im entitled to my opinion you!!!!!!!!!

See above.

Not all producers are stupid enough to fire an A-list director at the 11th hour. Also, EON had the same script issues when they were making Spectre. No director left the production of that film.

Yeah, the Z-list director who wanted to kill Bond,
    Maybe he should go with Hodge and turn his script into the new Jason Bourne film if that character still exists.
    If the idea was to kill bond off, and they have changed their minds then that would be a major alteration to the script ? ? just a thought.
    The kill Bond idea was the reason why he departed. Now they've gone back to Purvis & Wade's idea and ditched Hodge and Boyle's.
  • RC7RC7

See above.

You haven’t considered the issues around SP are exactly why Barbara didn’t want to risk Boyle’s take, whatever that may have been? This is a complex process. My advice would be - wait for the finished film, rather than concerning yourself with things you a) don’t understand and b) have no interest in understanding.
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    I dont think there going to be filming Monday . We would of heard more about it.

They might have already started.

See above.

You haven’t considered the issues around SP are exactly why Barbara didn’t want to risk Boyle’s take, whatever that may have been? This is a complex process. My advice would be - wait for the finished film, rather than concerning yourself with things you a) don’t understand and b) have no interest in understanding.

Way before the finished film is out, when everything is back on track with the cast and the title announced and the trailers and posters all around, most of the people will leave this thread because they'll find it boring.
  • RC7RC7

See above.

Way before the finished film is out, when everything is back on track with the cast and the title announced and the trailers and posters all around, most of the people will leave this thread because they'll find it boring.

Unlikely. They’ll be complaining about the font on the poster and how it’s symbolic of everything that’s going to be wrong with the film.
    Take the part out of boyles film where he kills of bond, what else was wrong with the film?

See above.

You understand that Boyle was hired AFTER Hodge delivered the first draft of his script, right? If Barbara didn’t want to risk Boyle’s take, then why was he hired? My advice would be -stop concerning yourself with things you a) don’t understand and b) have no interest in understanding.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

See above.

You understand that Boyle was hired AFTER Hodge delivered the first draft of his script, right? If Barbara didn’t want to risk Boyle’s take, then why was he hired? My advice would be -stop concerning yourself with things you a) don’t understand and b) have no interest in understanding.

really_dean_supernatural.gif
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Take the part out of boyles film where he kills of bond, what else was wrong with the film?

Maybe he had Bond getting married, then shot dead.

See above.

Unlikely. They’ll be complaining about the font on the poster and how it’s symbolic of everything that’s going to be wrong with the film.

Bond 25: the first Bond film bashed before it's out!
  • RC7RC7

See above.

Not true. He was hired after his initial pitch and we don’t know what Boyle pitched, or where Hodge took it, so how can we possibly comment?

Fierstein’s brilliant pitch for TND, ‘Words are the new weapons, satellites the new artillery’ is fantastic. Does the finished film really deliver on that? It’s not impossible the script Hodge turned in fell short of delivering on the pitch, or was altered in the process.

Think before writing.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Seeing this chat of Boyle and another delay with no evidence. Haha bloody hell what were you guys like during the 4 year gap between Quantum and Skyfall??
    I think everything is on track and filming starts soon. Hopefully we'll no more next week

See above.

Just chill out PP and think it out a little bit. Boyle was hired, off his pitch (as we understand), and then he brought on his own writer. And the script he and Hodge developed seems to have failed to engage or impress Eon and Craig. It's not very complicated to understand.
    On seeing 300 plus post on the thread since last night I am like what's happened? I knew the whole Burns unfinished script would be debated, but jeez I could have skipped so much and wish I did! Lol!
    The gap for skyfall was not as bad as this. We had two bond films close together and everyone was on the same page making skyfall.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    what the hell has been going on all day??

Accusations that Risico and Panchito set-up a fake twitter account (read Risico's rather self-deprecating and funny posts, and read the twitter feed from the guy called Greg; it most certainly does sound like someone from this site, but not Risico, and not Panchito either)...

The betting of some kind of a delay (although Burns was hired for a month to do polishes and he delivered his assignment on time)...

The idea that re-writes on a script don't happen this late in the game (they can happen right into post-- after all, the art of the edit is the final draft of a project)...

This is just nuts.

It's a film. It's about to start shooting. We have had enough verifications from stunt people in London and working at Pinewood, to Baz talking about locations, to casting and actors training (I love the look of Magnussen's fighting style-- he definitely knows how to box and move... I have a feeling his character and James Bond will find themselves scrapping each other), to a set being built in Norway... What the hell is the problem here?