No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    peter wrote: »
    This is the biggest crock-of-dog feces I've read in a while: the journo ASSUMES the script isn't done. Why??? Because Fiennes says he hasn't received his script??? Read about Nolan films, and a role like M gets delivered within just a few weeks (days) of shooting that role; same with the Marvel films; M/Fiennes doesn't need to see a script since he's not the star-- he knows what his role is in a film like B25, lol!

Burns was on polish duties-- and this was reported-- It would last about 3 to 4 weeks.

That time is now.

He handed in his script. His finished. Polished. Script.

He has now moved on to his next project (as writers will do); he delivered his work on time, as was reported.

Ridiculous....

That's my point, that article adds nothing new other than "Burns handed in his script".
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    This is the biggest crock-of-dog feces I've read in a while: the journo ASSUMES the script isn't done. Why??? Because Fiennes says he hasn't received his script??? Read about Nolan films, and a role like M gets delivered within just a few weeks (days) of shooting that role; same with the Marvel films; M/Fiennes doesn't need to see a script since he's not the star-- he knows what his role is in a film like B25, lol!

Burns was on polish duties-- and this was reported-- It would last about 3 to 4 weeks.

That time is now.

He handed in his script. His finished. Polished. Script.

He has now moved on to his next project (as writers will do); he delivered his work on time, as was reported.

Ridiculous....
    This post has confirmed that I shall be proposing to @peter and I'm hoping he'll say yes.
    Remington wrote: »
    If B25 is anywhere near as awesome as QOS, then I'll be pretty happy.

QoS was not awesome.
    Did you hear that Burns turned in a completed script @peter
    Ottofuse8 wrote: »

You’re asking the same guy who argued persistently that filming would begin March 4th
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Gareth007 wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    1. CR - love it.
    2. QOS - love it.
    3. SF - like it.
    4. SP - ugh.

Spot on.

+1

How is QoS better than spectre and skyfall. QoS is utter rubbish. The writers strike effected the film so badly. It's so bad.
    Simple. One film treated the plot like a mature spy thriller. The other two were just underdeveloped soap operas with pretentious action scenes.

giphy.gif
    TripAces wrote: »
    1. CR - love it.
    2. QOS - love it.
    3. SF - like it.
    4. SP - ugh.

Spot on.

+1

How is QoS better than spectre and skyfall. QoS is utter rubbish. The writers strike effected the film so badly. It's so bad.
    Simple. One film treated the plot like a mature spy thriller. The other two were just underdeveloped soap operas with pretentious action scenes.

giphy.gif

Hahaha
    What proof do we have filming in norway is happening on monday 25th ?
  • peterpeter Toronto

You’re asking the same guy who argued persistently that filming would begin March 4th

You’re nuts; I never claimed the March 4 date (that was Variety @Pierce2Daniel), I said, and maintain, shooting will begin before March is at a close. But you know that already.

Also... Jamaica... five or six weeks before Baz mentioned it last week— but you know that already...
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    1. CR - love it.
    2. QOS - love it.
    3. SF - like it.
    4. SP - ugh.

Spot on.

+1

giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
  • peterpeter Toronto

@Ottofuse8 , the guy who wrote this article stated in his ORIGINAL article that Burns was on B25 for 3-4 weeks.

It has since been reported that this was more of a polish, not an “overhaul “.

Nothing in this article should lead anyone to believe he submitted an incomplete draft. Nothing. This was his gig for the last month, as was reported. He submitted his work. Why would anyone assume that one of the top script doctors submitted an incomplete assignment?

@Ottofuse8 , the guy who wrote this article stated in his ORIGINAL article that Burns was on B25 for 3-4 weeks.

Nothing in this article should lead anyone to believe he submitted an incomplete draft. Nothing. This was his gig for the last month, as was reported. He submitted his work. Why would anyone assume that one of the top script doctors submitted an incomplete assignment?

I agreed. The script would most likely only needed tweaking a little. I think it has been finished now and filming will begin shortly.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Univex wrote: »
    I guess all the locations are now off the books. No Norway in the next few weeks. No Italy in the Spring/early summer months, no Jamaica.

The delay will bring having to re-book these places? DC got in shape for nothing. He will announce his retirement from the role on Mar 25, 2019; Universal will break contract with EoN...

eheh, doom and gloom, doom and gloom, my friend.

c4cdb1dd99ca48217492870b5d942c02.gif

...all the way to the box office and worldwide critical success.

I didn't assume anything. I didn't know if you had actually heard something or not.
    Just to get you all excited. Haha d.png
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    ...all the way to the box office and worldwide critical success.

mot-commencant-par-o-150x150.pngimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcT7XQipcGsNby-U9Ok0PiO8ZrcegzuW_9EZfOa8KnK2YzvZGcfg
    Scott Z Burns leaves Bond 25; script still unfinished; will film make start date?
    https://theplaylist.net/ralph-fiennes-hasnt-seen-bond-25-script-20190321/

From the same reporter who announced Burns’s invovlement.

Not looking positive....
    This is the Universe punishing EON for firing one of Britain’s most talented filmmakers who was eager to do a Bond film. Barbara needs to go. Now.
    Scott Z Burns leaves Bond 25; script still unfinished; will film make start date?

Not looking positive....
    This is the Universe punishing EON for firing one of Britain’s most talented filmmakers who was eager to do a Bond film. Barbara needs to go. Now.

Yes, Barbara needs to go. I can't wait to see Star Wars Vs. James Bond: The Return of Hugo Drax, a Netflix production in cooperation with Disney!

1965_Thunderball_film_071.jpg
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

Not looking positive....
    original.gif
  • Blofeld0064Blofeld0064 Milford, Michigan
    Ah hey @PanchitoPistoles! Welcome to the party! We missed you buddy Lmao!!
    EON acolytes, how many more bad news and delays would it take for you to say “ENOUGH”??
    I am starting to lose hope on this one. Just start filming and get it over with. The script is likely on par or a little better than spectre. Their just going to have to have good thrilling action set pieces to make up for what's lacking in the script. Either the plot/story is good or it isn't, your not going to be able to keep polishing a turd if the overall plot or story isn't good to begin with. Clearly there's problems as we know at the start of this year nobody was happy with the script that's why burns was hired. I doubt he could have worked up a miracle in one months time. Start filming and just do the best you can, that's there only option aside from scrapping and starting over
    How could you know these things.
    EON acolytes, how many more bad news and delays would it take for you to say “ENOUGH”??

Every delay it takes to avoid turning James Bond into a crappy and cheap production for Netflix or Amazon far from what he has always been. Like I said, there are far worse things than a delay - and there's not even another delay confirmed, and no-one is saying the script is actually unfinished! Again, that article is 98% air and "Scott Z. Burns handed over his draft".
    How could you know these things.
    It was reported Burns was hired in December amidst his busy schedule to either polish or overhaul the script that nobody including Craig was happy with. We know this for certain. My point is in the one to two months of work he did im sure it's much better but still far from perfect. There just gonna have to get going and live with it.
  • HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    edited March 2019 Posts: 467
    Once again, very few people here have an idea of what a script doctor is. They don't necessarily deliver a finalized screenplay. Instead, they deliver a polish or a significantly improved draft, one that's robust enough to start shooting even if there will be minor rewrites afterwards.

First of all, a script doctor diagnoses what is wrong with a script (and what's not broken), just like a proper doctor.

Then, they makes fixes. They change the structure, reorder scenes, add or remove character development, etc.

But they don't leave the "patient" totally cured. They focus on the main issues, instead of changing every other line. They leave with notes for the other writers, a "medical prescription" if you want. Because they won't stay forever and work on the script for months, like a regular screenwriter, when they act as script doctors. Their involvement in that capacity is more surgery-like. Fix the bigger problems, then give instructions to others for full "recovery".
    My point is that you don't know, @Tuck91. And "troubled productions" where they exist can produce greatness.

Every delay it takes to avoid turning James Bond into a crappy and cheap production for Netflix or Amazon far from what he has always been. Like I said, there are far worse things than a delay - and there's not even another delay confirmed, and no-one is saying the script is actually unfinished! Again, that article is 98% air and "Scott Z. Burns handed over his draft".
    122361505112557291hrum_gold.svg

Discipline, 007 fans. Discipline.
    The last Bond movie was released in 2015 and the script of the next Bond film isn’t finished yet, even though they begin filming in just a few weeks. The last Christopher Nolan movie was released in 2017 and the script of the next Nolan film is already finished, even though filming won’t start until summer.

Just sayin’...
  • Blofeld0064Blofeld0064 Milford, Michigan
    The last Bond movie was released in 2015 and the script of the next Bond film isn’t finished yet, even though they begin filming in just a few weeks. The last Christopher Nolan movie was released in 2017 and the script of the next Nolan film is already finished, even though filming won’t start until summer.

Just sayin’...

And your point is exactly?
    edited March 2019 Posts: 13,012
    6c10b3e7661365956edf72f97565ececd81e230c.png