No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

Risico007 wrote: »
    Oh dear god all of this sounds aweful If true I recant can we have Mendes back

I agree. It's making me less and less enthused for B25.
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    This really doesn't sound all that good. Why does the film have to be set in mainly London They should've got Mendes back this one doesn't sound all that exciting to be honest.

This is making SPECTRE seem like a classic. I really do miss Cubby.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    This all sounds like garbage to me. EoN are prone to making mistakes but not on this colossal level, especially after SP.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Just keep the action set pieces right. The mission impossible toilet fight scene is the sort of action we need and not these wack pointless and overblown explosions etc.

Cue the following previous complaints:

"Brosnan should not have been introduced in a toilet."

"Craig should not have been introduced in a toilet."

Are toilets Bondian?
    This all sounds like garbage to me. EoN are prone to making mistakes but not on this colossal level, especially after SP.
    BOND 25 will be a cinematic masterpiece, but a lot of (/most?) Bond fans will HATE it as it will be the single most radical Bond movie ever. It's going to be glorious, I can hardly wait!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    BOND 25 will be a cinematic masterpiece, but a lot of (/most?) Bond fans will HATE it as it will be the single most radical Bond movie ever. It's going to be glorious, I can hardly wait!

What's the future like? I wish I could time travel.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

Exactly. At this point they may as well bring Madeleine and Blofeld back and make a YOLT-type revenge story. If you're gonna follow the drama route, at least go back to Fleming as you're doing it.
    echo wrote: »
    Just keep the action set pieces right. The mission impossible toilet fight scene is the sort of action we need and not these wack pointless and overblown explosions etc.

Cue the following previous complaints:

"Brosnan should not have been introduced in a toilet."

"Craig should not have been introduced in a toilet."

Are toilets Bondian?

My thoughts indeed.
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 4,619
    Creasy47 wrote: »

What's the future like? I wish I could time travel.
    Trump is winning in 2020, England will win the football World Cup in Qatar, and Nolan will direct Bond 26. I can't tell you more.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Amongst all that hearsay, I'm surprised there was no mention of Wright's return - since he at least said "it's possible".
    Walecs wrote: »

Exactly. At this point they may as well bring Madeleine and Blofeld back and make a YOLT-type revenge story. If you're gonna follow the drama route, at least go back to Fleming as you're doing it.

Why would a genius duo such as Boyle and Hodge want to continue a storyline as awful as Blofeld and SPECTRE in the last Bond film?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I've asked Bamigboye the following via Twitter (i don't expect a response, but it's worth a shot):

Hi Baz, there's been a Reddit user who's been "leaking" Bond 25 information for months (i.e. Angelina Jolie & Benedict Cumberbatch being cast, Bond training a female protege, etc). Is this in conjunction with anything you may have heard thus far?
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

Why would a genius duo such as Boyle and Hodge want to continue a storyline as awful as Blofeld and SPECTRE in the last Bond film?

Yeah, because Bond having an understudy is SO MUCH BETTER! Genius indeed!

Not to mention I was referring to EON, not Boyle & Hodge.
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 4,619

Yeah, because Bond having an understudy is SO MUCH BETTER! Genius indeed!

Not to mention I was referring to EON, not Boyle & Hodge.
    A storyline involving Bond having an understudy could be either worse or better than the Blofeld/SPECTRE storyline from Spectre depending on the details of the storyline and the execution. It could EASILY end up being a GREAT storyline, one that's miles above that terrible, horrible, no good, very bad Blofeld/SPECTRE one in Spectre.

People here who believe that a storyline with Bond having an understudy would automatically be bad need to start cutting their pills in half.
    Angelina Jolie AND Mark Strong AND Benedict Cumberbatch AND Lily James in the same Bond film? Sounds too good to be true!
    Sounds like too many big names. The only positive vibe I get from this is the fantasy of Cumberbatch playing a villainous killer who has only very short screen time and has an intellectual, verbal shootout with Bond, before Bond shoots him with his pistol.
    jake24 wrote: »
    I've asked Bamigboye the following via Twitter (i don't expect a response, but it's worth a shot):

Hi Baz, there's been a Reddit user who's been "leaking" Bond 25 information for months (i.e. Angelina Jolie & Benedict Cumberbatch being cast, Bond training a female protege, etc). Is this in conjunction with anything you may have heard thus far?
    Good man. In Baz we trust.
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    Well it is Thursday we could get a bond 25 scoop from baz tonight
    Roll on something OFFICIAL!!!!
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Roll on something OFFICIAL!!!!

Official news from eon probably won't come again till November 30th with the title and cast reveal event just be glad we now know the director distributor and start date
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    If Angelina is in it would be a Tomb Raider reunion for her and Craig.
    I don't want a female villain thanks.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2018 Posts: 4,438
    Angela Jolie as ??

U. Hinx girl friend (villian)
    N. 009 (ally)
    I. Hinx girlfriend and 009 (trater turn good)
    V. C.I.A. agent (ally / healthy villian)
    E. Hinx girlfriend and C.I.A. agent (trater turn good)
    R. Favorite of p&w: Good turn trater.. (O no..)
    S. Extra
    A. Please not
    L. Other option.

It is 25th movie, but please not again. See Jinx. Possible Bond 26 wil have same problem if releases in 2022. Lara croft meet Bond and now Bond meet Lara croft. Vikander i also don't whant yet to see.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    The biggest thing that worries me out of these rumors in the London-centric shooting. One of my favorite aspects of Bond films are the exotic & beautiful locations. I’ll be very let down if the whole film takes place in London. I do hope this isn’t the case.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    The biggest thing that worries me out of these rumors in the London-centric shooting. One of my favorite aspects of Bond films are the exotic & beautiful locations. I’ll be very let down if the whole film takes place in London. I do hope this isn’t the case.

Cashleypersia did mention that the other two locations were Croatia and Paris
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »

Cashleypersia did mention that the other two locations were Croatia and Paris

Regardless, we need concrete news soon because the rumors from Cashley are making me antsy.
    Spectre had its good & bad aspects, but between all the good locations, action set pieces, and the & casting of Belluci, waltz & Bautista, assuming every rumor is true for b25 its definitely sounds like a boring hamfiisted slog & makes spectre sound excellent & exciting by comparison. The fact they went with Boyle tells us this will be a character piece filled with drama which is ok but I want the action to go with it. They need the perfect balance which arguably hasn't been done right since goldeneye. Was Boyle really the right choice? I'm starting to wonder.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I hear the mental health/depression angle was key to Boyle’s pitch.

Ugh great, more angsty melodrama to ensue.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Murdock wrote: »

Bond is forced into early retirement due to mental health issues. Johnny English takes his place. Bond 25 is Johnny English 4 confirmed.

Bond is forced into early retirement due to mental health issues. Johnny English takes his place. Bond 25 is Johnny English 4 confirmed.

Brilliant. =))
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    edited July 2018 Posts: 8,021
    Not understanding some fans jumping to the conclusion that this can all be terrible. SKYFALL didn’t sound like the kind of Bond film I wanted back when the word was circulating, but it became my top 3. I’ll keep an open mind on this.

Why not stop worrying and wish them the best? At least we’re not back in the doldrums of the Brosnan era.
    I'd rather have another Pierce movie. None of these rumors sound good to me.
    edited July 2018 Posts: 13,899
    Depends on how you interpret the rumour. Is it Bond who gets depressed, or the audience?