No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

That last one is in Drøbak, Norway. Ken Adams would have loved it!
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Oh dear Dog @Shardlake , when DC is gone, there will be a massacre of criticism. It'll be a fiesta of insults (barely concealed now, they will be flowing in full force).

I'll hafta run for the hills during that time, lol.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited January 2019 Posts: 8,083
    36 days until filming begins. Btw, if filming is delayed even by just one day, I will throw a tantrum mi6community has never seen.

A delay would be kinda insulting at this point. I would certainly be outraged, but if they are going to announce something like that they would have to be quickly. They are supposed to start filming in just over a month.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I just want to know when we're getting the press conference, how long before do they usually announce the date for it?
  • peterpeter Toronto
    36 days until filming begins. Btw, if filming is delayed even by just one day, I will throw a tantrum mi6community has never seen.

A delay would be kinda insulting at this point. I would certainly be outraged, but if they are going to announce something like that they would have to be quickly. They are supposed to start filming in just over a month.

I don't think they're going to make it. I really think, just to piss us all off, they'll pull some delay about 24 hours before first day of principal. Just watch...
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I just want to know when we're getting the press conference, how long before do they usually announce the date for it?
    Can't recall what happened before, but with SP it was announced two or three days prior.
    Getafix wrote: »
    Craig has such a particular style of acting. He's very good in everything I've seen him in though. That clip alone is better than Brosnan's whole Bond tenure.

I’d really like to know why every time someone compares any aspect of the Bond franchise, Brosnan & his tenure are always brought up as an example of low quality. I find it a bit sad and annoying how his films are always mentioned at every possible occasion just to complain about his tenure again. There are plenty of places to discuss the 1995-2002 era, I would like to have at least one thread without seeing Brosnan being trashed again for no reason. He wasn’t mentioned once in this thread for quite a while now, let’s keep it that way if he only gets brought up for complaints.
    It's because he's the worst Bond
    No. That's just your opinion. And I'll leave it at that.

I'm afraid there are still some things that are self evident truths.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Craig has such a particular style of acting. He's very good in everything I've seen him in though. That clip alone is better than Brosnan's whole Bond tenure.

I’d really like to know why every time someone compares any aspect of the Bond franchise, Brosnan & his tenure are always brought up as an example of low quality. I find it a bit sad and annoying how his films are always mentioned at every possible occasion just to complain about his tenure again. There are plenty of places to discuss the 1995-2002 era, I would like to have at least one thread without seeing Brosnan being trashed again for no reason. He wasn’t mentioned once in this thread for quite a while now, let’s keep it that way if he only gets brought up for complaints.
    It's because he's the worst Bond
    No. That's just your opinion. And I'll leave it at that.
    I'm afraid there are still some things that are self evident truths.
    How right you are, sir. ;)
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Univex wrote: »
    Now, about Norway, Sandgren, Fukunaga, Craig, Tunisia,...

bigstock-172722398.jpg
    methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Fd4f137d6-9255-11e7-a2ce-ce94682a575d.jpg?crop=1053%2C592%2C246%2C34&resize=685
    w_atlantic_road_587259572_ss.jpg?h=450&w=690
    Norway-Itinerary-20.jpg
    svart.jpg

Pretty possible locations, right? Full of colour and vibrant cinematic possibilities. Second one is Cadiz, btw. Could very well double for Tunisia. And if anyone mentions MI:3 because of that Norwegian bridge/road, I'll trow another Arnold at you! Gorgeous, original locations for what is going to be a very original film, no doubt.

Speechless.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Which is where Kristine Frøseth is from.
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 17,279

That round building is a hotel located at Svartisen, and isn't built yet…

http://www.svart.no/
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

https://www.dn.no/d2/arkitektur/snohetta/hotell/svartisen/snohetta-har-tegnet-verdens-mest-miljovennlige-luksushotell-rett-ved-norsk-nasjonalpark/2-1-261378

Yes, no mountains or glaciers in Drøbak.

https://www.dn.no/d2/arkitektur/snohetta/hotell/svartisen/snohetta-har-tegnet-verdens-mest-miljovennlige-luksushotell-rett-ved-norsk-nasjonalpark/2-1-261378

Yes, no mountains or glaciers in Drøbak.

It will no doubt become quite the hotel though. "The world’s first energy positive hotel concept by the Arctic Circle", as their website says.
    Ups, my bad. Still, they could draw inspiration from it, and then do it on sets. Bit like the Bolivian desert hotel in QOS.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited January 2019 Posts: 2,541
    Now, about Norway, Sandgren, Fukunaga, Craig, Tunisia,...

bigstock-172722398.jpg
    methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Fd4f137d6-9255-11e7-a2ce-ce94682a575d.jpg?crop=1053%2C592%2C246%2C34&resize=685
    w_atlantic_road_587259572_ss.jpg?h=450&w=690
    Norway-Itinerary-20.jpg
    svart.jpg

Pretty possible locations, right? Full of colour and vibrant cinematic possibilities. Second one is Cadiz, btw. Could very well double for Tunisia. And if anyone mentions MI:3 because of that Norwegian bridge/road, I'll trow another Arnold at you! Gorgeous, original locations for what is going to be a very original film, no doubt.

Don't play with my emotions man are any of these locations got confirmed? They are all fantastic btw. I would still wait for an official confirmation before getting my hopes up.
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 6,677
    Not confirmed. But the incentive awarded was in Norway, and there have been reports of scouting in Cadiz as a possible double for Tunisia or some other North Africa undisclosed location.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    So with all news with gathered this month, we can safely say Bond 25 is going to be a gorgeous looking film.
    Well, it really depends on what Sandgren does with the digital format. And Fukunaga's directional style. But I'd say we have good chances of this being a very different and gorgeous film.
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 17,279
    Ups, my bad. Still, they could draw inspiration from it, and then do it on sets. Bit like the Bolivian desert hotel in QOS.

Snøhetta, the architecture firm behind the design of the hotel, have made many "Bond worthy" buildings over the years though. This one will open this year:

https://snohetta.com/projects/352-under
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited January 2019 Posts: 23,883
    Regarding Norway, my understanding is that those incentive grants are for disbursements to be made in 2019 calendar year. Given Bond 25 received a substantial portion (63%) of the total NOK 75M awarded (in contrast to 2018, when no foreign film received anything from the NOK 60M awarded) at the expense of other foreign production applications, I would assume that there might be some pressure (or at the very least, an element of professional courtesy) to actually go ahead and film there.

Therefore, I think it's safe to assume that B25 will film in Norway, even though it's not yet been confirmed.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    peter wrote: »
    I don't think they're going to make it. I really think, just to piss us all off, they'll pull some delay about 24 hours before first day of principal. Just watch...
    Some folks are sure to be disappointed when there's no further delay like they predicted.

Stunning (potential) locations. Hope they feature some bird life there. And that hotel should blow up real good!

Snøhetta, the architecture firm behind the design of the hotel, have made many "Bond worthy" buildings over the years though. This one will open this year:

WOW, just WOW.

Why can't Bond be Bondian like this again?

Although they've tried with that crater stuff in SP. Not enough Bondian, IMO. Gotta get Ken Adams back from the dead. He was the genius. Or they could get Snøhetta for their designs.

Like I said, WOW.

Some say Stromberg was behind the idea ;)
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    That restaurant is very Karl Stromberg. I like the fact that it's also a functional design which is in sync with and conducive to marine life flourishing. I might just have to visit there someday soon.
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 6,677
    I miss a villain like Stromberg. But most of all, I miss Ken Adam.
    jobo wrote: »

Some say Stromberg was behind the idea ;)

That might be true! :-D
    bondjames wrote: »
    That restaurant is very Karl Stromberg. I like the fact that it's also a functional design which is in sync with and conducive to marine life flourishing. I might just have to visit there someday soon.

If I find myself in southern Norway after it's opened, it's on my list of places to visit.
    I miss a villain like Stromberg. But most of all, I miss Ken Adam.

Like with any unpublished work by Fleming, the producers should really try to get access to Adam's sketch books, if possible. No doubt there are some great unused concepts there!
    I’m very happy about Norway but can’t say the same thing about Spain (standing in for Tunesia). Bond just visited Morocco! Why another North African location this soon when there are numerous regions on the planet cinematic Bond has never visited?
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    peter wrote: »
    Oh dear Dog @Shardlake , when DC is gone, there will be a massacre of criticism. It'll be a fiesta of insults (barely concealed now, they will be flowing in full force).

I'll hafta run for the hills during that time, lol.

I do admit I wait for this day with bated breath. I’ll probably sound like a DCINB member. Unless B25 changes my opinion of course.

That is absolutely amazing!
    I have always liked Bond and North Africa. The combination has always worked for me.

However I think Cádiz deserves to be a location on its own and no stand in (like in DAD before).
  • In terms of a recent film that used this sort of location to best effect, Ex Machina springs to mind. Filmed on location in Norway, mostly, and did extraordinary things with interior and exterior space. The locations really were characters in the film.

EON, take note: that's how you put the money up on the screen!