No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

I hate to say it but craig must've put weight back on again because he looks heavier than he did a few months ago. He looks nothing like he did 2 & half years ago at the spectre premiere.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    I hate to say it but craig must've put weight back on again because he looks heavier than he did a few months ago. He looks nothing like he did 2 & half years ago at the spectre premiere.

He’s still got 4-5 months to get in shape before filming starts. That’s plenty of time to stop some lbs.
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 4,619
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    Competition is good for Bond, don't ya think? I reckon so. Keeps EON from getting too complacent.

Daniel Craig isn't as crazy as Tom Cruise so I don't expect him to do all of his stunt work but if the Bond producers see Fallout and are impressed with the action it might influence their direction when making Bond 25. And there's no harm if Danny Boyle sees Fallout and it gives him some ideas how to frame some of the action. I'm just going on the very positive reviews of Fallout. I've not seen it so I can't comment how cool the action is, but the word is very positive.
    Filming will start in about 4 months. Fallout won't influence Bond 25 in any way. Boyle is a visionary director, he won't make last minute changes just because a recent action movie got great reviews.
    Fat loss & body recomposition takes time, he would just barely make it if he started today. He really let himself go after spectre. If he's not in shape I don't see him doing many stunts after all.
  • SatoriousSatorious Brushing up on a little Danish
    I'm sure Danny Boyle will be more than happy to differentiate Bond 25 from the MI franchise.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Fat loss & body recomposition takes time, he would just barely make it if he started today. He really let himself go after spectre. If he's not in shape I don't see him doing many stunts after all.

Sorry, wrong:

Daniel Craig can get in awesome shape, and I mean in AWESOME in 12 weeks: 80% of success will be his diet:
    No booze
    No starches
    No sugars
    (meaning no bread, cereal, granola, rice, pasta...)

He has to up his fat and protein and complex carbs (slow digesting carbs (high fibre)).

Then he gets into the gym three times a week to do full body work (super-compensation and adaptation), with active recovery days in between.

He won't be in great shape, he'll be in awesome shape. 12 weeks. Done.
    12 weeks is 3 months, I'm sure he would like to give himself ample time. & he didn't let himself go like that between skyfall & spectre. He looks way heavier & different than he did even a year after spectre.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    edited July 2018 Posts: 8,485
    Why would he kill himself over six months, when he can train smarter? There’s no rush when you train and eat properly. Plus his body, unlike the novice, knows what it has to do on a neurological level.
    12 weeks is all he needs. Maximum.
    And like I said, 80% of his success will be clean eating.
    (He likes his pints and he soon has to say ‘bye ‘bye to them).

EDIT: I actually found him chunkier looking as Joe Bang
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    @peter you are spot on; there were some
    Recent photos posted today and he looks very good and has obviously been training. He will be in great shape
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Yes, @talos7 -- I thought he's starting to trim up too! From the pics you've posted, you know what training's all about!

Keep on lifting!

P
    peter wrote: »

Sorry, wrong:

Daniel Craig can get in awesome shape, and I mean in AWESOME in 12 weeks: 80% of success will be his diet:
    No booze
    No starches
    No sugars
    (meaning no bread, cereal, granola, rice, pasta...)

He has to up his fat and protein and complex carbs (slow digesting carbs (high fibre)).

Then he gets into the gym three times a week to do full body work (super-compensation and adaptation), with active recovery days in between.

He won't be in great shape, he'll be in awesome shape. 12 weeks. Done.

This.
    bondsum wrote: »
    Had TMWTGG been afforded the same breathing space and development time as SP, it would not have been the same movie as we ended up with, though Roger Moore might’ve been close to 50 by the time he eventually made TSWLM.
    ...which he was.
    Yes, you’re right. Roger was 45 when he made LALD, so maybe I should’ve said closer to 55?
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Competition is good for Bond, don't ya think? I reckon so. Keeps EON from getting too complacent.

Daniel Craig isn't as crazy as Tom Cruise so I don't expect him to do all of his stunt work but if the Bond producers see Fallout and are impressed with the action it might influence their direction when making Bond 25. And there's no harm if Danny Boyle sees Fallout and it gives him some ideas how to frame some of the action. I'm just going on the very positive reviews of Fallout. I've not seen it so I can't comment how cool the action is, but the word is very positive.

Cruise doesn't do half of the stunt work that's alleged. The bond company would never allow it. I'm sure he does wind tunnel work, etc.
    echo wrote: »

Cruise doesn't do half of the stunt work that's alleged. The bond company would never allow it. I'm sure he does wind tunnel work, etc.
    This just isn’t factual; there is too much video documentation. Also, a new insurance company was hired for the Skyscraper sequence in Ghost Protocol when the one they originally had balked.

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited July 2018 Posts: 12,459
    I'm just rather optimmistic overall.

Daniel will be in fine shape, and he certainly knows how to get to that goal.

OK, now I hope more of London is in this film just to send the naysayers over the edge that they are clearly teetering on already ('Only have M hand Bond the assignment, then get him out of London pronto!' ... like him being in the UK is the kiss of death for a Bond film). Yeah, at least 1 or 2 substantial scenes in London would make me happy. Then trot off somewhere else in the world.

For whatever reasons, I don't think Boyle will be trapped into either:
    a) being too slavish, trying to fit in with previous Bond films, recreate formulas too patly or have a ton of nods to previous films.
    b) be too advant garde to want to push limits of style or alter Bond's world in a jarring way (or shaky cam!).

I have not studied Boyle's films; just my instincts on this. I think whatever his idea was it was something that strongly sold EON. I think he likes to bring a freshness to his films and music is important to him. I think he's a Bond fan, and that definitely helps.

So will he use the Bond theme "properly" in this one?? Where will the gunbarrel be?? Will there even be a gunbarrel?? What about Blofeld??

I'm not worried. I am intrigued, though. Getting the composer and some locations confirmed will be exciting. This feels like it is gearing up for a good ride.
    I think, DC has more then enough proven himself in thr stunt department. i dont expect that anount of own stunts for 25. With all the injuries, being 50 AND his family plus baby to think of, he will tune it down. As he should. There are responsibilities, thst Cruise doesnt have.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Yes, I agree. I never compare Bond to any film by Cruise anyway.
    I suppose it depends on the style of Bond film Boyle intends to make will dictate the amount of action and stunt-work. Perhaps he's going to give us a mystery/espionage/ character driven thriller? I don't think Craig being 50, nor is previous injuries on the Bonds will hold him back. The instant the cameras roll he will be the Craig/Bond we know and love. He'll look great.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

Are you sure? Because on Wednesday, his face looked as thin as it has in about six years...

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/tour-2018/309077-liverpool-daniel-craig-manchester-city
    It seems quite a lot of people are not well informed about how the human body works. Body shaping has nothing to do with the capability of doing stunts.

• edited July 2018 Posts: 1,661
    He'll be in shape for Bond 25. The guy is a professional actor, I can't imagine he'll pork out prior to filming!
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    This is his last ever Bond film, you can be sure he will go all out on that.
    4 months and a few days till we likely learn the title
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited July 2018 Posts: 11,139
    Don't really care about Bond doing crazy stunts. I just need him in excellent, creative brutal and visceral fight scenes.
    With 4 months to go, he's right on track. He's going to come in fit and ready.

IrpIbNQ.jpg
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Christ he looks 60
    Christ he looks 60
    I guess his looks are subjective, but I don’t think he looks any older than he did in both Skyfall & SPECTRE.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I also noticed that about his look. Not that it matters, but he does look rather like 57 or 58 as opposed to 51.
    Ones he's shaved and groomed, he's going to look great.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited July 2018 Posts: 10,588
    Seriously, this was 7 years ago and he looks virtually the same:

skyfall-craig001.jpg

Once the fillers kick in and he gets in shape he'll look perfectly fine.