No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I think someone mentioned Vic's return a couple of weeks back, can't find the article though. Nice to see him back.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    No way Cruz would turn down James Bond, especially with her career mostly in the loo.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Cruz had been rumored to star in Bond 24 too, I think the rumors surfaced in early/mid-2013.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Getting the second unit booked is probably a good indicator that there will be no delay. A legend like Vic can get his calendar filled quite quickly.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    As a women, the last thing I want in a Bond film is more women, especially to shut up the equality / me too crowd.

And I suspect the same people who complain about there not being a female Bond or not enough female characters, are the same ones who ignored 'Atomic Blonde' and the likes.

Wow. This whole time I thought you were a man. It's so hard to know who's what around here.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    As a women, the last thing I want in a Bond film is more women, especially to shut up the equality / me too crowd.

And I suspect the same people who complain about there not being a female Bond or not enough female characters, are the same ones who ignored 'Atomic Blonde' and the likes.

Wow. This whole time I thought you were a man. It's so hard to know who's what around here.

Sure looks like a man in that avatar. You on the other hand look like a bearded lady.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I think someone mentioned Vic's return a couple of weeks back, can't find the article though. Nice to see him back.
    I believe it was. Nothing really new there.
    Walecs wrote: »
    Cruz had been rumored to star in Bond 24 too, I think the rumors surfaced in early/mid-2013.
    Yeah, she's been rumored for a while. I believe that's what the article is referring to.

I'd be up for it. She's near the right age to pair with Craig, I think.
    BT3366 wrote: »
    Dodged a bullet there. I just really don't like Cruz as an actress.
    She's okay in most of the stuff I've seen her in. But Almodovar seems to get the best out of her.
    So, can anyone help us work backward from a release date in late 2019?

How much time would they generally spend in post?
    How long a shoot do you predict?
    How much time, given a more or less finished script, to finish casting, location scouting, and etc?

In other words, what would be the key milestones to hit, and when should we hit them in order to still be on track?
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO

Sure looks like a man in that avatar. You on the other hand look like a bearded lady.

Ooh, haha! You got me.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia

Tom boy actually.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    octofinger wrote: »
    So, can anyone help us work backward from a release date in late 2019?

How much time would they generally spend in post?
    How long a shoot do you predict?
    How much time, given a more or less finished script, to finish casting, location scouting, and etc?

In other words, what would be the key milestones to hit, and when should we hit them in order to still be on track?

If they were going to release November 2019. They would announce the film in July 2017, they would lock down a director at around the same time. The script would be worked and worked on until finally finished along with location scouting. In May of 2018 we would start to get casting rumours like they are looking for a tall strong man to play a henchman and that sort. Then in December the cast, principle crew, and title would be announced to the press. In December filming would also start. A teaser trailer in late March/ early April. A full trailer in June.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Strog wrote: »
    Walecs wrote: »
    Yeah, she's been rumored for a while. I believe that's what the article is referring to.

I'd be up for it. She's near the right age to pair with Craig, I think.
    BT3366 wrote: »
    Dodged a bullet there. I just really don't like Cruz as an actress.
    She's okay in most of the stuff I've seen her in. But Almodovar seems to get the best out of her.

She's much better in Spanish.
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 11,425
    Totally agree. She's been disappointing in most of her English language films. Volver is the best performance I've seen from her. It feels like she really loses something when she's having to deliver lines in English.

A talented actress but best suited to her native tongue.

Not many actors can work successfully in different languages. Kristen Scott Thomas is one of only a few English actresses who can play a French role convincingly.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Getafix wrote: »
    Totally agree. She's been disappointing in most of her English language films. Volver is the best performance I've seen from her. It feels like she really loses something when she's having to deliver lines in English.

A talented actress but best suited to her native tongue.

Not many actors can work successfully in different languages. Kristen Scott Thomas is one of only a few English actresses who can play a French role convincingly.

Love KST, in English and French. If they ever go the female M route again...
  • peterpeter Toronto
    bondjames wrote: »

In a way there is @bondjames -- if you're locking the second unit, that means you have shooting dates so he can assemble his team. Which means, the hiring of Vic is an indication to all the worried-warts about a delay is wasted energy: they have an idea of when they're shooting and how long the shoot will last... (which ALSO indicates that the script is green-lit (the second unit has to now schedule and test stunts in the script that they're responsible for).

To me, Vic Armstrong's hiring means we have a shooting script with a greenlight (without it, his job's obsolete since he can't plan or prep, especially without a shooting-schedule).

B25... here we come...
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    peter wrote: »

In a way there is @bondjames -- if you're locking the second unit, that means you have shooting dates so he can assemble his team. Which means, the hiring of Vic is an indication to all the worried-warts about a delay is wasted energy: they have an idea of when they're shooting and how long the shoot will last... (which ALSO indicates that the script is green-lit (the second unit has to now schedule and test stunts in the script that they're responsible for).

To me, Vic Armstrong's hiring means we have a shooting script with a greenlight (without it, his job's obsolete since he can't plan or prep, especially without a shooting-schedule).

B25... here we come...

Let's celebrate then bond 25 is not going to be delayed then so that means the distribution deal is done also I believe
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Fair enough @peter. My point is more that his announcement was made a few weeks back if I'm not mistaken. I'm pretty sure I read it somewhere and it must have been here.

I'm not surprised they're moving forward. Haven't enough people said that they are starting shooting on schedule in December? Again, I recall reading that somewhere.

When you say green lit, I'm assuming that doesn't mean finalized? Or does it? I would imagine there would be tweaks along the way. Presumably they have the main stunt sequences already determined though and of course locations.

So it's not surprising. To me at least.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Fair enough @peter. My point is more that his announcement was made a few weeks back if I'm not mistaken. I'm pretty sure I read it somewhere and it must have been here.

I'm not surprised they're moving forward. Haven't enough people said that they are starting shooting on schedule in December? Again, I recall reading that somewhere.

When you say green lit, I'm assuming that doesn't mean finalized? Or does it? I would imagine there would be tweaks along the way. Presumably they have the main stunt sequences already determined though and of course locations.

So it's not surprising. To me at least.

Greenlit, yes, but, like all scripts, tweaks will go on into the editing process @bondjames ... Simple lines can be changed in ADR...

Yes, re: VA: it was announced a few weeks back, but the hand-wringers who know nothing about film (not their fault), don't realize that this is a very significant signing (insofar as dates and scripts go-- an indication that so much has happened under our noses that we know nothing about, but; hire second unit, that really does mean a script and shooting schedule is in the process of being locked... (I suppose some asshole can come and whip the carpet from underneath all of this, but 9x out of 10, when an Armstrong is hired, we're moving forth)...

P
    good news
    Also vic armstrong was recently stunt coordinator on infinity war
  • peterpeter Toronto
    hes a legend @Goldeneye0094
    Exactly @peter
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Nothing B25 related at the BAFTAS?
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    It is cool to know Vic Armstrong is back!
    was he involved in SF and SP?
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    No. He wasn't involved since DAD.

And this is why am bit deflated Now! I don't rate Armstrong at all! A throwback to the dreaded Brossa era... I always found his action sequences to be drawn out, tedious and without much invention. All gunfire and explosions..Yawn! .This is disappointing news! I would have preferred Dan Bradley to return.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    And this is why am bit deflated Now! I don't rate Armstrong at all! A throwback to the dreaded Brossa era... I always found his action sequences to be drawn out, tedious and without much invention. All gunfire and explosions..Yawn! .This is disappointing news! I would have preferred Dan Bradley to return.
    A subjective opinion, if one must.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    I wasn't aware that Armstrong hailed from the Brosnan era. Glad he's back then!